Cities First and Last
Blow ye the cornet in Gibeah, and the trumpet in Ramah:
cry aloud at Bethaven, after thee, O Benjamin.
Hosea 5:8 (spoke 6, Cycle 2)
All three highlighted names in the verse above make their
first appearance in Joshua and their last appearance
in Hosea. This is an example fo the exceedingly deep integration between Joshua and Hosea based on the
first and last appearances of proper nouns, as listed below. Most are names of cities, but there also
are names of two valleys and one individual in the list. I have only just begun seriously reviewing
this phenomenon and would greatful if the reader would send me any elements he or
she finds that are not in the list. This kind of coordinated placement of words is reminiscent of
the coordinated debuts found in Genesis and Isaiah on Spoke 1.
- ("Gibeah") [Verify] First: Joshua 15.57, Last: Hosea 10.9
- ("Ramah") [Verify] First: Joshua 18.25, Last: Hosea 5.8
- ("Bethaven") [Verify] First: Joshua 7.2, Last: Hosea 10.5
- ("Tabor") [Verify] First: Joshua 19.22, Last: Hosea 5.1
- ("Jezreel") [Verify] First: Joshua 15.56, Last: Hosea 2.22
- ("Valley of Jezreel") [Verify] First: Joshua 17.16, Last: Hosea 1.5
- ("Valley of Achor") [Verify] First: Joshua 7.24, Last: Hosea 2.15
Questions? Comments? Join the discussion on the Bible Wheel Forum!
Copyright © 2019 Richard Amiel McGough All Rights Reserved