A Vision of the Bible

Ezek.1:15- 21 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces. The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel. When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went. As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four. And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ezek.1:22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

Ezek. 10:19 And the cherubims lifted up their wings, and mounted up from the earth in my sight: when they went out, the wheels also were beside them, and every one stood at the door of the east gate of the LORD'S house; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.

Ezek. 11:1 Moreover the spirit lifted me up, and brought me unto the east gate of the LORD'S house, which looketh eastward: and behold at the door of the gate five and twenty men; among whom I saw Jaazaniah the son of Azur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people.

Ezek. 11:22 Then did the cherubims lift up their wings, and the wheels beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above. 23) And the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ezek. 1:24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.

Ezek. 3:13 I heard also the noise of the wings of the living creatures that touched one another, and the noise of the wheels over against them, and a noise of a great rushing.

Ezek. 10: 4-5 Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, and stood over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD'S glory. And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.

Ezek. 43:2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

Acts 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Rev. 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Rev. 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
-----------------------------------------------------------

An interesting way of looking at Ezekiel’s vision of the Wheels is by viewing it as an image of the object within which it resides……the object being "the Bible in the form of the Bible Wheel".

The vision that Ezekiel had was of turning wheels within wheels having on their outer rims 'eyes'…. they were accompanied by Cherubim whose spirits were an integral part of the wheels, so as to be one with the wheels yet still maintaining a separateness from them. The symbolism of Ezekiel’s Wheels has quite an astounding depth when it is compared with the symbolism of the Bible Wheel.
  • First there are the Outer Rims of Ezekiel’s Wheels which are full of eyes, these correspond to the Bible Wheel’s outer rim where the Hebrew letters are. The letters on the rim of the Bible Wheel act much like 'eyes' opening our mind like a 'door' through which we view the books on the Spokes. Now to deepen the matrix even more….the Hebrew letter that has the meaning of eye is 'ayin' (Spoke 16) and the letter that means door is 'dalet' (dalet is the 4th letter of the Hebrew alphabet that governs Spoke 4 where the book of Ezekiel lies)…..these two letters ayin and dalet together spell the word 'witness' in Hebrew. Ezekiel’s Wheels are a Witness to the Book they are contained within 'The Bible'. The book of Ezekiel being on the 4th Spoke contains the highest concentration of the word 'door' in the entire Bible and then of course the rims of the Wheels in Ezekiels vision are full of eyes (ayin, עין)…..this confluence of symbols is truly a Witness (עד) to behold!
  • Then there are the Wheels within Wheels, these are described by Ezekiel as being a wheel in the midst of a wheel…..again a perfect symbolic representation of the cycles of the Bible Wheel that are contained one within the other all the while being separate as a cycle though an integral part of the whole wheel.
  • The Cherubim who stand beside the wheels and are one with the wheels because their spirits that are in the Wheels are also at the same time separate from the Wheels. As the Wheels move as one with the Cherubim their motion makes the noise of a rushing wind, a sound of many waters, and like the voice of the Almighty; signifying the presence of God’s glory all around them. A very good example of this sound is in Acts, where the giving of the Holy Spirit created the sound of a rushing mighty wind. So once again we see the symbolism of the unity of the Cherubim and their Spirits with the Wheels, representing a perfect image of the three part unity displayed in the Bible Wheel….which is a perfect witness of the Word of God.
So what we have in the vision of wheels given to Ezekiel is an image of the three part unity of God that is contained within an object (the Bible) that is in and of itself an image of the three part unity of God displayed as the Bible Wheel. What a wonder to behold!…..a fractal of the whole, containing an image of the whole, all the while being part of the whole!!! Makes me think of another example in Scripture of a part being an image of the whole:
Gen. 1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
God Bless, and Happy Easter!

Rose