Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Enoch and the Flood

The Bible claims that over a 900 year period, from 2348 B.C. to 1450 B.C., human lifespan decreased steadily from 1000 years down down to about 120 years. Such a claim is staggering -

1. because it is of very great significance if such a huge drop in lifespan has occurred

2. because the Bible claims that this reduction in lifespan occurred over a period of 900 years, and was witnessed by 19 generations of people world-wide.

Allow me to repeat that last fact. The Bible claims that for 900 years, EVERYONE on our planet witnessed an astronomical fall in lifespan!!

Obviously such a claim is most testable and profoundly significant if true.

In my book "Enoch", I have added a large section on this subject - I begin to examine the historical records of the most ancient civilizations - to see if they have records confirming such a claim.

You can see it at http://www.craigdemo.co.uk/craig.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Craig.Paardekooper View Post
    The Bible claims that over a 900 year period, from 2348 B.C. to 1450 B.C., human lifespan decreased steadily from 1000 years down down to about 120 years. Such a claim is staggering -

1. because it is of very great significance if such a huge drop in lifespan has occurred

2. because the Bible claims that this reduction in lifespan occurred over a period of 900 years, and was witnessed by 19 generations of people world-wide.

Allow me to repeat that last fact. The Bible claims that for 900 years, EVERYONE on our planet witnessed an astronomical fall in lifespan!!

In my book "Enoch", I have added a large section on this subject - I begin to examine the historical records of the most ancient civilizations - to see if they have records confirming such a claim.

Hi Craig

Thanks for sharing your "Essay on Angels" with us here on the Forum, I found it very intriguing. I've often thought about the connection of Gen. 6 with Peter and Jude, trying to figure it out since there are so few verses that speak of fallen angels. You have presented a very believable idea with Scriptural facts to back it up with.

I also find the parallels in the decline of longevity with other ancient civilizations to be extremely interesting, I think you have stumbled upon something that is very significant in helping us to understand the whole picture from Creation to Judgment.

God Bless

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

How is a year measured ? Equinox to equinox. I am certain with an independant time frame one would note the characteristics that take the planet in a full cycle of a year to have changed / evolved thorough its ages. I suspect that the current tilt of the planet and its revolutionarty characteristics brought about alot of transitions to a fallen state. A good way to envision the history of the life here it to envision what the Classic precessional cycles looked like and how the planets land masses behaved under the forces of its relation to the primus mobile. Richard could say it better i bet.

Dear Rose

You mentioned that you are interested in the records of longevity of ancient nations. I have only touched upon these records briefly in my essay. I believe that a thorough and detailed analysis of Sumerian, Mayan, Chinese, Indian and Egyptian records would reveal a clearer picture.

There are also Greek and Celtic records that may be of interest. Bill Cooper has an interesting book called - "After the Flood"

http://ldolphin.org/cooper/index.html

which chronicles the generations ancestral to the Celts and Greeks.

Craig

Bill Coopers Book

You mentioned that you are interested in the records of longevity of ancient nations. I have only touched upon these records briefly in my essay. I believe that a thorough and detailed analysis of Sumerian, Mayan, Chinese, Indian and Egyptian records would reveal a clearer picture.

There are also Greek and Celtic records that may be of interest. Bill Cooper has an interesting book called - "After the Flood"

http://ldolphin.org/cooper/index.html

which chronicles the generations ancestral to the Celts and Greeks.

Craig
    Hi Craig,

Thanks for the "links"..... I find this subject extremely interesting, and your work to be very insightful.

God Bless

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

The Indian King Lists

I just came across the work of L.A.Waddell "Makers of Civilization". He is an authority on the Indian King Lists going back to the time of the Sumerians.

He spent most of his life investigating the Indian King Lists as they are found in the Puranas and other Indian literature.. I will check out his research in the British Library and find out what he discovered.

Craig

The Mayan Calendar

The Mayans counted time from their Day 1 which their chronology shows to correspond with 3113 B.C.

Here is a quote fropm Bill Coopers Book - "After the Flood"

"If we correlate the Mayan day count with that of Scaliger, we find that the Mayan Day 1 began on Julian Day 584283, (9) which equals in our terms 10th August 3113 BC (I make that a Thursday) for the start of the Mayan day count. Now, the significance of this lies in the fact that although the Mayan concept of time was cyclic, they nevertheless knew that the world-destroying catastrophe that had closed the previous age was brought about by water, and that their own age had begun after that catastrophe. In other words, they looked back to the Flood as the close of the old age and the beginning of the new."

Not from this world...from the other side

Mayan 2012

Hi Craig,

What's your thoughts on the Mayan's end of the world prediction in AD 2012?

I don't believe in that prediction at all based on Lord Jesus's words that that no one could predict the date and time of the end of the world except God the Father. Perhaps something else is brewing in 2012.....

God Blessed.

Dear Mr Hock,

This morning, I have just added the material I have on the Mayan chronology system. I also added the Sumerian Kinglist analysis. Much more work will be done, but atleast I have made a start.

The Mayans defined a date by the number of days since the beginning of the current age - which they said began on 13th August 3113 B.C (by our calendar)

I am not sure what it means when an age comes to an end. The Mayans pointed to natural cataclysms that had accompanied the end of the last age.

For the Indians, the previous age had ended with a great war - the Mahabharat War, followed by a flood.

I cannot say what will happen in 2012. Almost anything is possible.

Thread Information