Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

At the crossing of the Reed Sea, Israel's water broke...and a nation was born

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    For years I have noticed many obvious Hebrew cognates on other languages. I am working to write an article on this topic, and thought it would be helpful to have input from others as I do the research.

The most amazing, profound, and revolutionary aspect of this study is that it offers the first true understanding of the phenomenon of near universal features found in the world's languages. For example, consider the near universal root ma as described in Appendix I of the American Heritage Dictionary:

The near-universality of this root is discussed in this article from Bill Cassleman's website:

Cassleman asked "Why so widesread a word?" and then gave the standard academic answer which seems little more than an empty speculation. Try making the "smack-smack" sound of a nursing infant and see if you can hear the "ma-ma" sound. I tried it and found nothing. Of course, we can't blame the tradition-bound scholars for presenting such a lame explanation as if it were "obvious," since their assumptions have blinded them to the possibility that Hebrew could be something more than just another language that "evolved" along with the human apes. Isaac Mozeson responded to the traditional academic explanation in his entry under "mama" on page 104 of his very helpful book called "The Word: The Dictionary that Reveals the Hebrew Sources of English":

Mozeson went on to note that the ultimate root of these mamma words is the Hebrew Em, "which signifies the 'womb' or 'origin.'" This is exactly what I published in the review of Spoke 13 (Mem) of the Bible Wheel book, reproduced online in the article called From the Waters of Judah:

This is what I mean when I say that Hebrew offers a revolutionary understanding of the near-universals found in the language. We do not have to speculate about some hypothetical physical mechanism that "causes" nearly all babies everywhere to say "mama" - we can see that the word mama has intrinsic meaning that is derived from the Divine Language designed by God as the foundation of His Word by which He created all that is.

I am opening this thread so folks have a place to present any Hebrew cognates they find. I also want to discuss what this all means, and how it relates to the story of Babel, and how the languages could have originally been divided there, and then were transformed further under ordinary "evolution" that so enamors the modern mind.

I will begin with a few of the more obvious examples. Hebrew consonants will be written as bold capitals. I list with Strongs numbers for convenience:

==============================
    Hebrew: 0817 AShaM {aw-shawm'}
    Meaning: 1) guilt, offense, guiltiness

English: AShaMed: Feeling shame or guilt

Hebrew 5307 NaPhaL {naw-fal'}
    Meaning: 1) to fall

English: FaLL

Hebrew 7919 SaKaL {saw-kal'}
    Meaning: 1) to be prudent, be circumspect, wisely understand, prosper ...
    Usage: AV - understand 12, wise 12, prosper 8, wisely 6, understanding 5, consider 4, instruct 3, prudent 2, skill 2, teach 2, misc 7; 63

English: SKiLL

It is interesting that sakal comes through almost as if it were transliterated from the Hebrew, rather than translated, in Daniel 9:22: And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill (sakal) and understanding.

======================================
    Here is an example that Mozeson uses on the homepage of his website:

4376 MaKaR {maw-kar'}
    Meaning: 1) to sell

English MaRKet (verb, to sell)

Try pronouncing "mawkar market" a few times and you will hear how similar they are. This example shows how the consonants get scrambled between languages.

Well, that's sufficient for an introduction to the topic. I look forward to your contributions.

Richard
    Dear Richard and Forum Wheelies:

I'm not sure if I'm writing in the right place. This format is new to me, sorry.
    The title above is in appreciation of Richard's great riff on Aleph-Mem, אם ,
    mother, and the Mem-vowel word for water -- like MaYAh (water in Aramaic).
    In Hebrew water is מים
    MaYiM, always plural, like "waters." Because water pools together.

Mom n' Pop words are the least impressive, when it comes to being near universal. Family names are supposed to be the least likely to change. (Of course, Richard pointed out how only Hebrew e x p l a i n e d w h y an M-vowel/vowel-M word MEANT mama.

Actually, the word "Hebrew" can be a problem. The Hebrews are a historical people, and even their language has been a bit sullied by foreign borrowings. Even Biblical Hebrew is too historic. The pristine PRE-Hebrew, before the neurolinguistic Big Bang of language diversity is what I want to uncover and discuss. History was kickstarted at the tower incident in Shinar (or Sumer, referenced as the much later Babel). So, we want a PREhistoric Hebrew, as spoken by angels and humans at the Garden of Eden. Thus I call this Pre-Hebrew EDENIC. Edenic joins all children of Adam, all humanity. For some, the term "Hebrew" can be divisive.

Back to near-universal words, my favorite is SACK. It is not a word as common as mama and papa. But 1000s of languages have an S-K (fricative-guttural) work for a baglike container. Only in Hebrew, I mean Edenic, does the reverse, K-S, have a relevant meaning. SahQ שק is a sack, while KeeY$
    כיס is a pocket or slip CASE. Yes, now you know where CASE is from, or to ENCASE. There is a whole family of throat-made + whistling, guttural-fricative words for various coverings. Reading an entry like "ENCASE" or "SACK" in my dictionary will demonstrate how a SHACK is a larger but like-sounding SACK (covering, that is).

If you check out my introductory documents, you'll see that SOUND is SENSE.
    Sound is energy. Our Creator used hard science. Academics think that language is a chaotic jumble that evolved from gabby gibbons. But at its CORE
    (מקור MaQOAR means source) , from the natural majesty of Edenic, we can find divine design even in English.

I look forward to learning much from your comments and questions, Isaac

Hello Isaac,

Welcome to our forum!

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have a man with your knowledge and expertise here in our forum to discuss your excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacMozeson View Post
    Dear Richard and Forum Wheelies:

I'm not sure if I'm writing in the right place. This format is new to me, sorry.
    This thread is a fine place to start the conversation. But note also that I started this thread devoted specifically to your work.

The title above is in appreciation of Richard's great riff on Aleph-Mem, אם ,
    mother, and the Mem-vowel word for water -- like MaYAh (water in Aramaic).
    In Hebrew water is מים
    MaYiM, always plural, like "waters." Because water pools together.

Mom n' Pop words are the least impressive, when it comes to being near universal. Family names are supposed to be the least likely to change. (Of course, Richard pointed out how only Hebrew e x p l a i n e d w h y an M-vowel/vowel-M word MEANT mama.
    Yes, the fact that there is MEANING built into the mama-word that also coherently integrates with the general semantic patterns of the Divine Language elevates the conclusions far above any competing explanation, such as blind evolution or onomatopoetics.

The "birth of the nation" by the "breaking of waters" is extremely profound. The same idea is repeated in the Christian tradition and explicilty based on the older Jewish tradition. Paul likened the passing through the Red Sea as a "baptism" (= Miqvah) and this, in turn, is likened to a new "birth in the Spirit."

Actually, the word "Hebrew" can be a problem. The Hebrews are a historical people, and even their language has been a bit sullied by foreign borrowings. Even Biblical Hebrew is too historic. The pristine PRE-Hebrew, before the neurolinguistic Big Bang of language diversity is what I want to uncover and discuss. History was kickstarted at the tower incident in Shinar (or Sumer, referenced as the much later Babel). So, we want a PREhistoric Hebrew, as spoken by angels and humans at the Garden of Eden. Thus I call this Pre-Hebrew EDENIC. Edenic joins all children of Adam, all humanity. For some, the term "Hebrew" can be divisive.
    I agree with your goal to find the "PREhistoric Hebrew." I myself have been comfortable with the term "Hebrew" and have not encountered any "divisiveness" as yet. I like the term because it is broadly understood. But it has the shortcoming of seeming to imply that Biblical Hebrew is the exact form of the original tongue, and that probably is incorrect. My only hesitation with using "Edenics" is that it is unfamiliar to most, and so might not be understood. But I have no problem using it for the sake of our conversations here.

Back to near-universal words, my favorite is SACK. It is not a word as common as mama and papa. But 1000s of languages have an S-K (fricative-guttural) work for a baglike container. Only in Hebrew, I mean Edenic, does the reverse, K-S, have a relevant meaning. SahQ שק is a sack, while KeeY$
    כיס is a pocket or slip CASE. Yes, now you know where CASE is from, or to ENCASE. There is a whole family of throat-made + whistling, guttural-fricative words for various coverings. Reading an entry like "ENCASE" or "SACK" in my dictionary will demonstrate how a SHACK is a larger but like-sounding SACK (covering, that is).

If you check out my introductory documents, you'll see that SOUND is SENSE.
    Sound is energy. Our Creator used hard science. Academics think that language is a chaotic jumble that evolved from gabby gibbons. But at its CORE
    (מקור MaQOAR means source) , from the natural majesty of Edenic, we can find divine design even in English.

I look forward to learning much from your comments and questions, Isaac
    I have long been aware of the S-K root, but I had not noticed the relation to "CASE." I will have to give that a little thought. Klein's Etymological Dictionary links it to the Latin capsa < capere = to catch, sieze, hold. But then he links "chest" to cista (L) and an few similar IE words that ultimate originated from the Greek XISTH (chistey, basket). He sites the OIr cess and ciss which mean "basket." It seems like "case" is much more closely related to this nexus which coheres well with your observation.

Do you have other examples of reversal being significant? Anagrams are very significant in my estimation. For example, the first born BKR received the birthright BRKH.

Well, I got to go. Again, welcome to our forum!

Richard

PS: Klein really astounds me with his blindness. I own both his "Etymological Dictionary of the Hebrew Language" and his "Comprehensive Etymological Dictionary of the English Language" and the only links that he admits between them are the obvious imports such as "Amen" or "Jubilee."
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

OPHaN and OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    As I was reading a post by Stephen on another thread I noticed this....

Rose
    OPHaN אופן should be a big word for the Bible WHEEL folks. I see it as unrelaten to OPEN.
    The Pey/Phey-Noon family of PoiNters is well documenteed in dict. entries like "POINT" and in "The Origin of Speeches" where there is a chapter on word families. In short, take every lip-formed bilabial (B,F,P,V, W) and put on before N, and you with get a member of this family. Use every vowel, and look for English or non-English words. In English, a BIN, FAN. PIN, PEN, VANE and WINd is about pointing, about an inner or outer surface.

OPHaN also means a facet, PaNiM is a face or facet. An OPHaN wheel has revolving surfaces or PANES (like a PANE, surface, of glass).

OPEN is traced to an Indo-Europen (IE) root called upo. There are no IE roots, but the research behind them is often valuable. The N in OPEN is not historic. Any OPEN-OPHaN link is bogus. As is often the case, reversing the IE "root" gets to the heart of the true Edenic (Biblical Hebrew, pre Tower of Babel) root and meaning. פה PeH is a mouth. It gave languages the vowel-bilabial or bilabial-vowel root meaning OPEN.

If requested, I'd paste from dict. entries at greater length. I don't know how much room I have. I'll paste short excerpts below.
    Blessings, Isaac

OP(EN) PeH Pey-Hey
    PEH פה [PHOP]
    ROOTS: The confused IE 'root' for OPEN is upo (under, up, over). The lexigocraphers were not open to having a source older than Old English, so they opted for an implausible, overused fiction – see 'AVIATE.' The Edenic mouth, פה PeH (Genesis 11:8), also can mean any OPENING or orifice in Akkadian, Aramaic. Figurative uses of this mouth-opening word include the mouth of a river to a person’s utterances. To add a Sin to Pey-Hey, see שפהSaPHaH (lip) at 'BUSS.' The other facial OPENING is, similarly, פPey and a vowel. A near-reversal to א-פ Aleph-Phey brings us to that other facial OPENING: אף AhPH, nose (Genesis 2:7).

PANE PaNeeYM Pey-Noon-Yod-Mem
    PUN-(EEM)_________פנים_________[PN]
    ROOTS: A PANE is a flat piece of material, the flat side of something that has many sides. Similarly, a PANEL is a flat piece of wood, etc. that forms a surface.
    The second verse in the Bible has the Creator hovering over the "face" or the "surface of" the waters. Edenic PiNaH and פנים PaNeeYM means face, countenance, front and surface (Genesis 43:31). As a verb, PaNaH is to face (Genesis 18:22). Our reference books can only offer Latin pannus (piece of cloth, rag) and the IE 'root' pan (fabric) as the source of PANE, PANEL, VANE (which points out or faces wind direction) and PANICLE (see "PANIC").
    While the direction here is merely the surface, it is still a member
    Of the large פ-נ Pey-Noon family seen at 'POINT' and in the word family chapter of The Origin of Speeches. Why is פנים PaNeeYM plural? Because we have many faces: a ''game face' and one for children., etc. The same פנים Pey-Noon-Yod-Mem in פנים PiNeeYM (inside – ee 'BIN') is the built-in opposite of פנים PaNeeYM (face, facet… the exterior front).

BRANCHES: אופן OWPHeN means 1) wheel (Ezekiel 3:12), and 2) a manner or facet. It belongs in our פ-נ Pey-Noon family. A פ-נ Pey-Noon facet is the same as a face, so אופן OWPHeN is much the same as פנים PaNeeYM (face, source of PANE). A wheel changes its surface or PANE as it spins. When in motion, a wheel can have 'no surface,' thus the א Alef as negative prefix before our פ-נ Pey-Noon subroot.

OPHaN אופן should be a big word for the Bible WHEEL folks. I see it as unrelaten to OPEN.
    The Pey/Phey-Noon family of PoiNters is well documenteed in dict. entries like "POINT" and in "The Origin of Speeches" where there is a chapter on word families. In short, take every lip-formed bilabial (B,F,P,V, W) and put on before N, and you with get a member of this family. Use every vowel, and look for English or non-English words. In English, a BIN, FAN. PIN, PEN, VANE and WINd is about pointing, about an inner or outer surface.

OPHaN also means a facet, PaNiM is a face or facet. An OPHaN wheel has revolving surfaces or PANES (like a PANE, surface, of glass).
    Hi Isaac,

You are certainly correct - I have been quite interested in the meaning of "ophan" used in the vision of Ezekiel's Wheels, and I came to similar conclusions as you. Here is what I said about it in this article after discussing the meaning of "galgal" and its relation to galah (to reveal):
    Throughout most of Ezekiel's vision, the word translated as "wheel" is not galgal, but ophan. It is not until a later vision in Ezekiel 10:13 that the vision as a whole is declared to be the Galgal. The word ophan is from the root panah meaning "to turn" or "to look" which also is the root of the Pey KeyWord panim (face) as discussed at length on Spoke 17 (BW book pg 306). Its plural form ophanim differs from panim only by the initial Aleph (and the Vav which functions as a vowel). These words are closely related and they both play central roles in Ezekiel's vision. It is in the wheels (ophanim) and the Four Faces (Panim) of the Cherubim that God displays His character and glory. This is amplified by looking at ophan as a Hebrew Word Picture (BW book pg 115). Applying what we learned in the Synopsis of the Twenty-Two Spokes, we see Aleph as a symbol of God the Creator (Spoke 1, BW book pg 121), Pey as a symbol of the Face of God (Spoke 17, pg 307), and Nun as a symbol of Eternality (Spoke 14, BW book pg 271). Putting these ideas together into an English phrase, we see the vision of the ophanim as representing Divine Phenomena that reveal the Eternal Face of God, exactly as the text has been interpreted for millennia. The power of this root is such that cognates appear in many languages, most notably in Latin, Greek, and English words with similar meanings. Our word phenomenon is from the Latin phaenomenon , which in turn is based on the Greek fainomenon (phainomenon), the root being phaino which means to shine, to appear, or to show forth. God used this word in His explanation of faith as a mode of cognition (knowing, understanding):
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear (phaino). Hebrews 11:1ff (Spoke 14, Cycle 3, BW book pg 284)
    God also used this word to describe the light of His Creative Word, saying "The light shineth (phaino) in the darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not" (John 1:5), and again to describe the face of His Son, the Living Word, which blazes as "the sun shineth (phaino) in his strength" (Rev 1:16).
    What do you think about the connection between Pey-Nun and "phaino" and "phenomenon"?

OPEN is traced to an Indo-Europen (IE) root called upo. There are no IE roots, but the research behind them is often valuable. The N in OPEN is not historic. Any OPEN-OPHaN link is bogus. As is often the case, reversing the IE "root" gets to the heart of the true Edenic (Biblical Hebrew, pre Tower of Babel) root and meaning. פה PeH is a mouth. It gave languages the vowel-bilabial or bilabial-vowel root meaning OPEN.
    I agree that the "active consonant" in OPEN is Pey = Mouth. But I don't understand why you say that the N in OPEN is not historic. Klein lists many cognates such as OHG offen, Swe opan, and many others that mimic the P-N pattern.

If requested, I'd paste from dict. entries at greater length. I don't know how much room I have. I'll paste short excerpts below.
    Blessings, Isaac
    You have all the room you need. Please feel free to post whatever you like. The only challenge is that long posts are often difficult to answer, and might interupt the flow of conversation.

Many blessings,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

The PHENomena of Phey-Noon פ-נ

PANE PaNeeYM Pey-Noon-Yod-Mem
    PUN-(EEM)_________פנים_________[PN]
    ROOTS: A PANE is a flat piece of material, the flat side of something that has many sides. Similarly, a PANEL is a flat piece of wood, etc. that forms a surface.
    The second verse in the Bible has the Creator hovering over the "face" or the "surface of" the waters. Edenic PiNaH and פנים PaNeeYM means face, countenance, front and surface (Genesis 43:31). As a verb, PaNaH is to face (Genesis 18:22). Our reference books can only offer Latin pannus (piece of cloth, rag) and the IE 'root' pan (fabric) as the source of PANE, PANEL, VANE (which points out or faces wind direction) and PANICLE (see "PANIC").
    While the direction here is merely the surface, it is still a member
    Of the large פ-נ Pey-Noon family seen at 'POINT' and in the word family chapter of The Origin of Speeches. Why is פנים PaNeeYM plural? Because we have many faces: a ''game face' and one for children., etc. The same פנים Pey-Noon-Yod-Mem in פנים PiNeeYM (inside – ee 'BIN') is the built-in opposite of פנים PaNeeYM (face, facet… the exterior front).

BRANCHES: אופן OWPHeN means 1) wheel (Ezekiel 3:12), and 2) a manner or facet. It belongs in our פ-נ Pey-Noon family. A פ-נ Pey-Noon facet is the same as a face, so אופן OWPHeN is much the same as פנים PaNeeYM (face, source of PANE). A wheel changes its surface or PANE as it spins. When in motion, a wheel can have 'no surface,' thus the א Alef as negative prefix before our פ-נ Pey-Noon subroot.
    דפן DoPHeN is a board or partition, another PANEL. A VN surface word like VENEER is currently attributed to Old French fournir (to furnish). PAINT (allegedly from Latin pingere) is another PN term of surfacing. PiNaY is the 'surface' of the waters in the second verse of Genesis. Chinese ping X508 means 'even, smooth… as water surface.'
    Showing the face or appearance is the sense of Greek phainesthai (to appear) and therefore of DIAPHONOUS, EMPHASIS, EPIPHANY, FANTASY, HIEROPHANT, PANT, PHANEROGAM, PHANTASM, PHANTASMAGORIA, PHANTOM, PHASE (see 'PHASE OUT'), PHENO-, PHENOMENON, PHOSPHENE, SYCOPHANT, THEOPHANY and TIFFANY.
    All these P-N words of appearance are listed under the IE 'root' bha-! (to shine). PaNa$ is as lantern. But a PHANTOM suddendly makes an appearance visible on the Pey-Noon pane (face, facet) or plane of our reality. It does not 'shine' forth.
    To VANISH (see 'VANISH') is to never show one's face. As our face precedes us, so (Lee)PH’NaY (before, in the face of, in front of) was before Old French avant (before) in allowing the development of words like VANGUARD, VAM(P), ADVANCE and (AD)VANTAGE. Learning Hebrew is AVANT-GARDE. (AVAUNT, meaning 'hence' is now archaic.)
    Other entries will PAN out over the wide PAMORAMA of BN, FN, VN or WN words of direction that are WINDING to all four WINDS. See PiINeeYM (interior) and the POINTING inward at "PENETRATION."
    The Pey-Noon, PANE or surface of something is best in describing an object’s appearance (as in PHENO- words above) and it’s manner, shape or style. OWPHahN is defined as manner or style in the Ben-Yehudah dictionary. The way it is translated by the KJV in Proverbs 25:11 one would not know it, but אופן OWFahN may be behind the backward synonym pair: MORPH and FORM. Both mean 'shape;' one is M(R)F, the other F(R)M. This phenomenon, proving that words were designed and scrambled, and not evolved, appears in other word pairs like: ALTO/TALL, CAVity/VACuum, FOLIO/LEAF, and ROTARY/TIRE.
    The middle R is deemphasized in considering these two as Pey-Noon surface or appearance words that belong here at 'PANE.' The PH and F are easily from פPhey. The נNoon has morphed into an M. The OR comes from the א-ו Aleph-Vav of אופן OWPHahN. This PHENOMENON is best seen at the 'OR' entry.
    Chinese ping X508 means flat and even, and later refers to level ground, a flat fish, and a flat plant on the 'surface of water' (recalling Genesis 1:2). Ping X509 is a screen or protective facing.
    Lest you thought the FORM-MORPH connection was fanciful, the two are cognates at the IE 'root' merph (form – 'root of unknown origin').
    The AHD also links the derivatives of Greek morphe, form, outward appearance,
    [-MORPHE, MORPHEME, MORPHO- and MORPHOSIS] with those of Latin forma, form, shape, appearance [ CONFORM, DEFORM, FORMAL and FORMULA].
    The French bilabial-nasal 'front' is the VN in devant.

[see how the Divine architectonics of Pey-Hey does not allow Peh to be intimatey related to Pey-Noon or PaNiM (face, facet). Nonetheless, Pey is an importany first element within PaNiM, just as no face is complete with the mouth or nose (OPenings).]

OP(EN) PeH Pey-Hey
    PEH פה [PHOP]
    ROOTS: The confused IE 'root' for OPEN is upo (under, up, over). The lexigocraphers were not open to having a source older than Old English, so they opted for an implausible, overused fiction – see 'AVIATE.' The Edenic mouth, פה PeH (Genesis 11:8), also can mean any OPENING or orifice in Akkadian, Aramaic. Figurative uses of this mouth-opening word include the mouth of a river to a person’s utterances. To add a Sin to Pey-Hey, see שפהSaPHaH (lip) at 'BUSS.' The other facial OPENING is, similarly, פPey and a vowel. A near-reversal to א-פ Aleph-Phey brings us to that other facial OPENING: אף AhPH, nose (Genesis 2:7).

BRANCHES: One extension, פיפיה PeeYPHiYaH means mouth or opening as the sharp edge (biting edge) of a sword (Isaiah 41:15). Harden פPeH toפ-ח Pey-Het, and פך PaK[H] is to breathe or blow.
    The mouth of a Chinese river is pu X513. The Paa is an Eskimo: Inupiak doorway. Ip (reverse P-vowel as we do in English) is a Korean (mouth). While the Hey of PeH softens in OPEN, or the Korean, it hardens as one goes from the French mouth (bouche) to the Spanish boca. Harder still is the pecking BEAK of the bird. BEAK, Latin beccus, has no alleged IE 'root'. Elsewhere, the Babel-babble concentrated on the bilabial. In Proto-Eastern-Polynesian, an opening is fafa. A Hawaiaan mouth is a waha. In Malay (dialect 59) it’s boah. In Mandarin Chinese we reverse AhPH (nose, flaring nosrils and thus anger – Exodus 34:6) to get fu X181 (looking angry, glowering).
    In Cantonese a chin is hah pah. Hah means 'below,' but the pah element is unknown. If pah is from Edenic PeH, then hah pah (chin) would mean 'under the mouth.' (George Shen)

I find interesting the little similarity between the Hebrew word token (Strong's # 8506; measure, quantity, quota) and the English word token.

Mistar - a Mystery

The Hebrew word Mistar (Strong's #4565) means Secret, Mystery. There is a very interesting similarity between the Hebrew Mistar, the Greek Musterion and the English Mystery. The English word comes from the Greek, but that doesn't explain the mysterious resemblance to the Hebrew Mistar.

Right after I wrote the post above, I sat down to read some Scripture. I opened my Bible on a random page. My mind was not even concentrated on what I was doing as I opened Scripture. The very first word that my eyes just happened to fall upon was the word "mystery"!! It was the NIV version, in Daniel 2:18.

It was completely unintentional. As I read "mystery" printed on the page, I was not even thinking about the word that I was reading - it was only a second or two later that I felt the impact.

Now, there are over 444,000 words in the Bible. The word mystery (together with mysteries) appears about 30 times in the NIV. I don't understand how can that be. What are the chances?

What just happened is what I can call a real MYSTERY!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Right after I wrote the post above, I sat down to read some Scripture. I opened my Bible on a random page. My mind was not even concentrated on what I was doing as I opened Scripture. The very first word that my eyes just happened to fall upon was the word "mystery"!! It was the NIV version, in Daniel 2:18.

It was completely unintentional. As I read "mystery" printed on the page, I was not even thinking about the word that I was reading - it was only a second or two later that I felt the impact.

Now, there are over 444,000 words in the Bible. The word mystery (together with mysteries) appears about 30 times in the NIV. I don't understand how can that be. What are the chances?

What just happened is what I can call a real MYSTERY!
    Don't you just love it when that happens (not getting hit in the head with a brick ). I think it's one of Gods ways of telling us that He's communing with us all the time, even for the smallest things....

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

The Hebrew word Sepher

The understanding of the true meaning of the Hebrew word sepher is the key to understanding the mysteries of the Bible.

Also, regarding cognates, you should definitely look at the work of Jeff Benner:
    http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/

Thread Information