Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amalek

Amalek

Exodus 17:13 (32/heart) So Joshua defeated Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword. 14 (33) Then the Lord said to Moses, "Write this for a memorial in the book and recount it in the hearing of Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven." 15 (34/beyt/relationship) And Moses built an altar and called its name, Jehovah-nissi; 16 for he said, "Because the Lord has sworn: the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation."

The Lord gave me this Scripture as 'daily bread' - revealing the heart relationship He is seeking. When considering Amalek [ayin mem lamed kuf] the letters play on our English understanding by revealing 'speaking by the 'IQ' (ayin/kuf). If we are seeking relationship with the living God, we must blot out all traces of Amalek - 'speaking from our own IQ' and choose the 'sword of the Spirit, the Word of God' (Eph 6:17 (72)-the two-edged sword that is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Heb 4:12 (74/heart)
    Rejoice in the Lord always!

"with the edge of the sword" (Exodus 17:13) is Hebrew לְפִי-חָרֶב,
    "l'phi-charev",
    literal "with the mouth of the sword"--

so that fits nice with your comment...

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    "with the edge of the sword" (Exodus 17:13) is Hebrew לְפִי-חָרֶב,
    "l'phi-charev",
    literal "with the mouth of the sword"--

so that fits nice with your comment...
    That's interesting ... Exodus 17 => Pey (mouth, 17th Letter)

I think I'll make a new forum called Meaning of the Hebrew Alphabet and move this thread there. "General Discussion" is a little too generic. If you have a suggestion for a better title, let me know.

Oh, and I just remembered I wrote a big article a few years ago about Amalek and Spoke 17 and the Inner Wheels of both Isaiah and Psalms. Here is the link:

http://www.BibleWheel.com/InnerWheels/Psalms/Psalm83.asp

RAM

The meaning of each Hebrew letter is truly amazing, and will be a great reward for the dilligent student. I address the letters in my website at the URL below
    http://www.yarahministries.org/
    use the menu to go to
    "Hidden in the Hebrew ALphabet, ancient and modern"
    The Hebrew Alphabet is a deep subject with many thought provoking themes. It will be well worth the time invested in it's study

Quote Originally Posted by Yarah View Post
    The meaning of each Hebrew letter is truly amazing, and will be a great reward for the dilligent student. I address the letters in my website at the URL below
    http://www.yarahministries.org/
    use the menu to go to
    "Hidden in the Hebrew ALphabet, ancient and modern"
    The Hebrew Alphabet is a deep subject with many thought provoking themes. It will be well worth the time invested in it's study
    Hi Yarah, I'm really glad you are here. You have much to share.

For the folks who don't know Yarah and his website, I introduced him on my blog a few months back. I recommend his articles. He is a passionate brother in the Lord and has an excellent understanding of the symbolic meanings of the Hebrew letters.

RAM

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Exodus 17:13 (32/heart) So Joshua defeated Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword. 14 (33) Then the Lord said to Moses, "Write this for a memorial in the book and recount it in the hearing of Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven." 15 (34/beyt/relationship) And Moses built an altar and called its name, Jehovah-nissi; 16 for he said, "Because the Lord has sworn: the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation."

The Lord gave me this Scripture as 'daily bread' - revealing the heart relationship He is seeking. When considering Amalek [ayin mem lamed kuf] the letters play on our English understanding by revealing 'speaking by the 'IQ' (ayin/kuf). If we are seeking relationship with the living God, we must blot out all traces of Amalek - 'speaking from our own IQ' and choose the 'sword of the Spirit, the Word of God' (Eph 6:17 (72)-the two-edged sword that is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Heb 4:12 (74/heart)
    Rejoice in the Lord always!

Amalek is written "ayin-mem-lamed-kuf", gematria 240, same as "sufek" ("samech-pei-kuf") = doubt, hesitation.

Amalek came immediately when the children of Israel uttered their doubt about the presence of God,
    Exodus 17

ז וַיִּקְרָא שֵׁם הַמָּקוֹם, מַסָּה וּמְרִיבָה: עַל-רִיב בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, וְעַל נַסֹּתָם אֶת-יְהוָה לֵאמֹר, הֲיֵשׁ יְהוָה בְּקִרְבֵּנוּ, אִם-אָיִן. {פ} 7 And the name of the place was called Massah, and Meribah, because of the striving of the children of Israel, and because they tried the LORD, saying: 'Is the LORD among us, or not?' {P}
    ח וַיָּבֹא, עֲמָלֵק; וַיִּלָּחֶם עִם-יִשְׂרָאֵל, בִּרְפִידִם. 8 Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim.

this seems to have counterpart in Gospel of Mark, with the frequent use
    of "euthus", which again seems to be a play on word with "make straight", in quote from Isaiah 40 in Mark 1:3, "eutheias poieite tas tribous autou" = "make straight His pathways".
    Last edited by sylvius; 06-07-2007 at 11:46 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Amalek is written "ayin-mem-lamed-kuf", gematria 240, same as "sufek" ("samech-pei-kuf") = doubt, hesitation.

Exodus 17
    ח וַיָּבֹא, עֲמָלֵק; וַיִּלָּחֶם עִם-יִשְׂרָאֵל, בִּרְפִידִם. 8 Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim.
    Interesting the attack was made in Rephidim is "rests" or "stays" or "resting places"

Heb 4:11 (73) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief

Blessed be the day, when we as Church, do not doubt the Word of God for our own lives.

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Interesting the attack was made in Rephidim is "rests" or "stays" or "resting places"

Heb 4:11 (73) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief

Blessed be the day, when we as Church, do not doubt the Word of God for our own lives.
    "m'chaneh" = camp; from root "chanah"= to camp, bivouac, settle

"m'nuchah" = rest; from root "yanach"= to (give) rest

Greek Hebrews 4:11 has "spoudaswmen" = "let us make haste" , which seems to me something else than "let us labour".

labour, Hebrew "amal".

name Amalek is seen as a contraction of "amal" and "malak" = wring the neck of ( a vowl).

Sabbat = rest.

notion unknown to Amalek.

Thread Information