Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"Zechariah" interwoven in the OT/NT juncture

A similar pattern is found in the sequence of the last books of the OT and the first books of the NT. If we search for the name Zechariah and its NT spelling, Zacharias, we'll find this word in the Books highlighted red:

Thread of Zechariah/Zacharias in the Second Cycle
    Haggai - Zechariah - Malachi - Matthew - Mark - Luke - John

The books of Zechariah, Matthew and Luke speak of different characters, but their names are the same. The Uzziah-Zechariah thread shown on the post above ended on Spoke 16 (Nehemiah). This one picks up on Spoke 16 (Zechariah)!

King Uzziah also appears in this thread! There is Zechariah 14:5 mentioned above (the earthquake "in the days of Uzziah"). And Uzziah is called Ozias in Matthew's royal genealogy of Christ (1:8,9). Uzziah doesn't appear in Luke. But there's an interesting link nonetheless. King Uzziah disobeyed God by offering incense, which was an exclusively priestly duty:
    2Ch 26:16 But when he was strong, his heart was lifted up to his destruction: for he transgressed against the LORD his God, and went into the temple of the LORD to burn incense upon the altar of incense.

What about Luke? Strikingly, the Zechariah mentioned there is a priest who offers incense, something that Uzziah was not supposed to do. They form a contrasting, complementary pair.
    Luk 1:9 According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot (Zachariah's!) was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
    The highlighted phrases are unique in Scripture. What an amazing thematic tapestry!

This is a keylink but I don't know if it's numerically connected:
    2 Chronicles 26:16
    But when he was strong, his heart was lifted up to his destruction: for he transgressed against the LORD his God, and went into the temple of the LORD to burn incense upon the altar of incense.
    Luke 1:9
    According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
    I mentioned this before elsewhere.
    Zacharias means God remembers;
    Elizabeth means God's oath.
    Putting the two together God remembers God's oath. To see if putting names together and forming a sentence is good:
    Luke 1:72
    To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
    Luke 1:73
    The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
    Last edited by gilgal; 01-18-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    This is a keylink but I don't know if it's numerically connected:
    Yes, it is a KeyLink, but of a different kind. They don't connect passages on the same Spoke, but they seem to validate the Zechariah-Uzziah tapestry found in alternating Spokes, viz, Spokes 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20! And I just realized that the tapestry is centered on Spoke 16!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, it is a KeyLink, but of a different kind. They don't connect passages on the same Spoke, but they seem to validate the Zechariah-Uzziah tapestry found in alternating Spokes, viz, Spokes 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20! And I just realized that the tapestry is centered on Spoke 16!
    So 2 Chronicles 26 has Uzziah (strength) and Azariah, which is his other name and the name of the priest. I checked the combo and found:
    Job 26:2
    How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength?
    Adding to that is the word power.

There is a strong link with Luke and 2 Chronicles though I don't understand the reason since it's not numerically connected.
    Luke 1 and 2 Chronicles 26 mention the authority of burning incense of the priests.

Also there is another Zechariah mentioned in 2 Chronicles also mentioned in Matthew 23 (and Luke?) who was slain in front of the altar by Joash in chapter 24.
    2 Chronicles 24:22
    Thus Joash the king remembered not the kindness which Jehoiada his father had done to him, but slew his son. And when he died, he said, The LORD look upon it, and require it.
    This reminds me of Luke because of the word look or behold. Correct me if I'm wrong but look is resh word tight? Then Joash did not remember of Zecheriah's father's Jehoiada's kindness.

Isn't there a double prophecy on this prayer? Luke mentions Cyrenius being governor of Syria and 2 Chronicles 24 mentions the Syrians invading. Wasn't general Titus of the Syrian division? I haven't made my research because I'm tired and it's the end of the day.

Another thing mystery to me is that I checked 2 Chronicles 24 where Zechariah is the son of Jehoiada whereas the Zacarias mentioned in Matthew 23 is the son of Berechias which is linked to Zechariah 1:1 the son of Berechiah.
    Last edited by gilgal; 01-18-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Interwoven threads in the Bible Wheel

A lot of information form a single post! I'll try to break it down.

So 2 Chronicles 26 has Uzziah (strength) and Azariah, which is his other name and the name of the priest. I checked the combo and found:
    Another great link. This one goes better in the thread Spoke 4 Ezekiel 28 and 2Chronicles 26. I have a cool link to post there too.

There is a strong link with Luke and 2 Chronicles though I don't understand the reason since it's not numerically connected.
    Luke 1 and 2 Chronicles 26 mention the authority of burning incense of the priests.
    Luke and 2 Chronicles are not numerically connected spokewise. The theme of burning incense in the temple is not found on the same Spoke of the Wheel. But they are connected in the sense that they belong to the same thread that runs through the Spokes. 2 Chronicles is on Spoke 14 and Luke on Spoke 20. They are even Spokes. There is a kind of "Zechariah theme" running through Spokes 12, 14 ,16, 18 and 20. So, instead of it being a KeyLink found across a Spoke like most of those in the interactive Hypertext Bible Wheel, the 2Ch-Luk Link is found woven across alternating Spokes. You can imagine a thread woven into the Wheel by a sewing needle that only shows up in some Spokes/books.

There's for example the case of the word Nineveh that is revealed on alternating Spokes of the Minor Prophets.

God has woven different themes in different ways within the structure of the Bible. It is a majestic tapestry!

A lot of information form a single post! I'll try to break it down.

Another great link. This one goes better in the thread Spoke 4 Ezekiel 28 and 2Chronicles 26. I have a cool link to post there too.

Luke and 2 Chronicles are not numerically connected spokewise. The theme of burning incense in the temple is not found on the same Spoke of the Wheel. But they are connected in the sense that they belong to the same thread that runs through the Spokes. 2 Chronicles is on Spoke 14 and Luke on Spoke 20. They are even Spokes. There is a kind of "Zechariah theme" running through Spokes 12, 14 ,16, 18 and 20. So, instead of it being a KeyLink found across a Spoke like most of those in the interactive Hypertext Bible Wheel, the 2Ch-Luk Link is found woven across alternating Spokes. You can imagine a thread woven into the Wheel by a sewing needle that only shows up in some Spokes/books.

There's for example the case of the word Nineveh that is revealed on alternating Spokes of the Minor Prophets.

God has woven different themes in different ways within the structure of the Bible. It is a majestic tapestry!
    I have an objection to this rule because Zechariah does appear in 1 Chronicles too. So it's not only in the even numbers. It could be related to a numerical value in the text or a numerical value in the sum of the words or phrases?

A review of the Zechariah-Uzziah thread

I have an objection to this rule because Zechariah does appear in 1 Chronicles too. So it's not only in the even numbers. It could be related to a numerical value in the text or a numerical value in the sum of the words or phrases?
    And "Zechariah" appears in Ezra as well! I did a sloppy job when I called it the "Zechariah theme" on my last post. I was just trying to make it simple but the real name should be the "Zechariah-Uzziah theme" like I defined and explained earlier.

People called Zechariah appear in all books from 2 Kings to Nehemiah, but only in alternating books do we find a Zechariah somehow connected to a Uzziah. Here's a recap:

The Zechariah-Uzziah thread
    2 Kings: In this book we read that in the 38th year of the reign of Uzziah the northern kingdom of Israel had a new king, Zachariah. (15:8)

2 Chronicles: Here we find that Uzziah became king when he was 16 and that he was taught by a certain Zechariah (26:3-5).

Nehemiah: In Book 16 we read about a Uzziah that was son of a Zechariah (11:4).
    That is the thread. "Uzziah" and "Zechariah" seem to often go together, but they don't appear together in 1 Kings or 1 Chronicles or Ezra or Esther. It is a pattern running through alternating books.

Now, we know that Zechariah is on Spoke 16. I wondered: "do we have anything else here?" It was easy to verify it, because we have a simpler pattern of "Zechariah" (or Zacharias) appearing in Zechariah, Matthew and Luke.
    Zechariah: Zechariah, the author (1:1)

Matthew: Zechariah, the last martyr (23:35)

Luke: Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist (1:5). The same Zechariah of Matthew is also mentioned (11:51).
    Then I thought: "does a Uzziah follow Zechariah as well in these books?" Well, we don't have the same tight pattern, but the book of Zechariah does mention King Uzziah! In fact, it is the only Davidic king that he mentions (14:5). And Uzziah doesn't appear all the time in the Minor Prophets (only in Hosea and Amos and Zechariah).

So far, so good. Then I thought: what about the next book on the pattern, Matthew? Well, it also mentions Uzziah! (Ozias, 1:8,9) This seems too good. We immediately wonder if Luke follows the pattern.

Well, there's no reference to Uzziah, but we have the KeyLink above that unites the name of "Zechariah" to the actions of Uzziah!! If on one side there's no Uzziah in Luke, on the other there's more than we could have hoped for.
    2 Chronicles 26:16 - Uzziah
    But when he was strong, his heart was lifted up to his destruction: for he transgressed against the LORD his God, and went into the temple of the LORD to burn incense upon the altar of incense.
    Luke 1:9 - Zechariah (Zacharias)
    According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
    The figures of Uzziah and Zechariah coalesce in the book of Luke. It seems like the last book finishes off by tying the knot of the Zechariah-Uzziah thread.

Spoke 16 (Nehemiah-Zechariah) is the hinge upon which the pattern is built. And Uzziah is a Ayin word! Zechariah is a Zayin word, and Zayin is an atbash of Ayin.

And "Zechariah" appears in Ezra as well! I did a sloppy job when I called it the "Zechariah theme" on my last post. I was just trying to make it simple but the real name should be the "Zechariah-Uzziah theme" like I defined and explained earlier.

People called Zechariah appear in all books from 2 Kings to Nehemiah, but only in alternating books do we find a Zechariah somehow connected to a Uzziah. Here's a recap:

The Zechariah-Uzziah thread
    2 Kings: In this book we read that in the 38th year of the reign of Uzziah the northern kingdom of Israel had a new king, Zachariah. (15:8)

2 Chronicles: Here we find that Uzziah became king when he was 16 and that he was taught by a certain Zechariah (26:3-5).

Nehemiah: In Book 16 we read about a Uzziah that was son of a Zechariah (11:4).
    That is the thread. "Uzziah" and "Zechariah" seem to often go together, but they don't appear together in 1 Kings or 1 Chronicles or Ezra or Esther. It is a pattern running through alternating books.

Now, we know that Zechariah is on Spoke 16. I wondered: "do we have anything else here?" It was easy to verify it, because we have a simpler pattern of "Zechariah" (or Zacharias) appearing in Zechariah, Matthew and Luke.
    Zechariah: Zechariah, the author (1:1)

Matthew: Zechariah, the last martyr (23:35)

Luke: Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist (1:5). The same Zechariah of Matthew is also mentioned (11:51).
    Then I thought: "does a Uzziah follow Zechariah as well in these books?" Well, we don't have the same tight pattern, but the book of Zechariah does mention King Uzziah! In fact, it is the only Davidic king that he mentions (14:5). And Uzziah doesn't appear all the time in the Minor Prophets (only in Hosea and Amos and Zechariah).

So far, so good. Then I thought: what about the next book on the pattern, Matthew? Well, it also mentions Uzziah! (Ozias, 1:8,9) This seems too good. We immediately wonder if Luke follows the pattern.

Well, there's no reference to Uzziah, but we have the KeyLink above that unites the name of "Zechariah" to the actions of Uzziah!! If on one side there's no Uzziah in Luke, on the other there's more than we could have hoped for.
    2 Chronicles 26:16 - Uzziah
    Luke 1:9 - Zechariah (Zacharias)
    The figures of Uzziah and Zechariah coalesce in the book of Luke. It seems like the last book finishes off by tying the knot of the Zechariah-Uzziah thread.

Spoke 16 (Nehemiah-Zechariah) is the hinge upon which the pattern is built. And Uzziah is a Ayin word! Zechariah is a Zayin word, and Zayin is an atbash of Ayin.
    Ayin and Zayin...hmmm Zayin means sword?
    Zechariah 11:17
    Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.

2Chronicles 26:18 links with Numbers 16:40.
    Zacharias in Luke 1:5 is a descendant from Abijah the 8th listed in 1Chronicles 24.

The number 8 reminds me of Ezekiel and Revelation 8 where there is burning of incense.

Ayin and Zayin...hmmm Zayin means sword?
    Zechariah 11:17
    Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.
    This is a nice correlation. Zayin means "Weapon," and is usually associated to "sword". It is interesting to find a mention of "sword" in conjunction with "eye" on Spoke 16. The eye of the shepherd recieves judgment because the main activity of a shepherd is to watch over the flock. This is commented by Richard on his Spoke 16 articles (The Chief Shepherd and The Shepherd's Eye).

Thread Information