Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluetriangle View Post
    I know. That is how the code works. I take the exact wording as it is preserved. You are using a different versions from Richard as well.
    That's also why he didn't get the quintessential meaning of "ed" in Genesis 2:6 since he only counts it with the prefixed "vav"

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    That's also why he didn't get the quintessential meaning of "ed" in Genesis 2:6 since he only counts it with the prefixed "vav"
    LXX translates "ed" with πηγή = spring, fountain, well

LXX Genesis 2:6, πηγη δε ανεβαινεν εκ της γης και εποτιζεν παν το προσωπον της γης

Same πηγή in John 4:13,
    Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

spring of water welling up to eternal life. = πηγὴ ὕδατος ἁλλομένου εἰς ζωὴν αἰώνιον

and also in Revelation 21:6,
    He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life for free"

καὶ εἶπέν μοι, Γέγοναν. ἐγώ [εἰμι] τὸ Ἄλφα καὶ τὸ ω, ἡ ἀρχὴ καὶ τὸ τέλος. ἐγὼ τῷ διψῶντι δώσω ἐκ τῆς πηγῆς τοῦ ὕδατος τῆς ζωῆς δωρεάν.

All you using translations and mixing up Hebrew, English and Greek gematria, note this:

Rev 13:18 must be understood in context of the rest of rev 13 and 14. There is a beast of the sea, and beast of the earth. The beast if the sea has the number 666 ascribed to it. What was the sea and what was the earth. In first century and pre first century jewish thought, Judea as the domain and jurisdiction of the law of Moses was thought of as the land or earth, while gentiles outside if Judea and cut off from the law were the sea.

Thus, the beast of the sea was a first century gentile/Roman individual (preterist understanding) who's name gemetrad out to 666 using the common practice of the day.

A hint from Dan 7 was that this beast would make war against the saints for 3 1/2 years. neron Caesar fits both dan 7 and rev 13:18 for the beast (man) of the sea. It may also have the same number that some apply to rebellious, disbelieving humanity, but it's primary intent was for the first century readers to have the confirmation that the beast of dan 7 fourth empire was Nero, and the then present persecution would not go on more than 3'1/2 years. These were things presently coming to pass....

Adam Clarke discusses the gemetria in use at that time.

https://www.studylight.org/commentar...lation-13.html
    1Thess 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    If you are oppressed and enslaved by religious law, you may have a tendency to oppress, enslave and attempt to lord over others who are free.

Thread Information