Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is of interest

Genesis 4:13,
    And Cain said to the Lord, "Is my iniquity too great to bear?

Rashi:
    Is my iniquity too great to bear: This is a question. You bear the upper worlds and the lower worlds, and my iniquity is impossible for You to bear?
    After this must be John 1:29,
    Ἴδε ὁ ἀμνὸς τοῦ θεοῦ ὁ αἴρων τὴν ἁμαρτίαν τοῦ κόσμου - see the lamb of God that bears the sin of the world

bear - not: take away

Lamb of God = the lamb brought by Abel

Genesis 4:4,
    And Abel he too brought of the firstborn of his flocks and of their fattest, and the Lord turned to Abel and to his offering.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Denial , "s'tirah", to undestand in this way:

Question: "Have you been on the island?"

Answer: "No" (while i have been there a dozen times)

When I wouldn't have been there my "no" wouldn't have been "s'tirah"

At least I thought so
    1 John 2:22 called the denier also a liar

Τίς ἐστιν ὁ ψεύστης εἰ μὴ ὁ ἀρνούμενος ὅτι Ἰησοῦς οὐκ ἔστιν ὁ Χριστός

https://biblehub.com/greek/5583.htm

John 8:44,
    You belong to your father the devil and you willingly carry out your father?s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

he speaks in character = ἐκ τῶν ἰδίων λαλεῖ

ἴδιος
    1) pertaining to one's self, one's own, belonging to one's self
    Last edited by sylvius; 08-13-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Peter, Πέτρος, was his Greek name

Matthew 16:15-19,
    He said to them, "But who do you say that I am"n? Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church - σὺ εἶ Πέτρος, καὶ ἐπὶ ταύτῃ τῇ πέτρᾳ οἰκοδομήσω μου τὴν ἐκκλησίαν

πέτρα = rock

Cephas was his Aramaic name

John 1:40-42,
    Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was one of the two who heard John and followed Jesus. He first found his own brother Simon and told him, ?We have found the Messiah? (which is translated Anointed). Then he brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, ?You are Simon the son of John; you will be called Cephas? (which is translated Peter).

Cephas is after Aramaic "keifa" which translates Hebrew "sela"

https://biblehub.com/hebrew/5553.htm

"sela" being the name of the rock that Moses should have spoken to to bring forth water, Numbers 20:8,
    "Take the staff and assemble the congregation, you and your brother Aaron, and speak to the rock in their presence so that it will give forth its water. You shall bring forth water for them from the rock and give the congregation and their livestock to drink."

Name:  Cephas.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  259.8 KB

The earlier rock that Moses did hit to bring forth water was called "tsur", Aramaic "tinnara" , Exodus 17:6,
    Behold, I shall stand there before you on the rock in Horeb, and you shall strike the rock, and water will come out of it, and the people will drink Moses did so before the eyes of the elders of Israel.

Name:  tinnara .jpg
Views: 35
Size:  218.4 KB
    Last edited by sylvius; 08-15-2020 at 11:42 PM.

LXX doesn't know the difference between "sela" and "tsur"

Exodus 17:6,
    οδε εγω εστηκα προ του σε εκει επι της πετρας εν χωρηβ και παταξεις την πετραν και εξελευσεται εξ αυτης υδωρ και πιεται ο λαος μου εποιησεν δε μωυσης ουτως εναντιον των υιων ισραηλ

Numbers 20:8,
    λαβε την ραβδον και εκκλησιασον την συναγωγην συ και ααρων ο αδελφος σου και λαλησατε προς την πετραν εναντι αυτων και δωσει τα υδατα αυτης και εξοισετε αυτοις υδωρ εκ της πετρας και ποτιειτε την συναγωγην και τα κτηνη αυτων

Rock of ages = ""tzur olamim"
    https://twitter.com/Minkmaat/status/909861949600649216

Rashi on Genesis 2:4, "b'hibaram"

Another explanation of the word בְּהִבָּרְאָם He created them with the letter "hey", as it is written (Isa. 26:4): "for in Yah (יָהּ), the Lord, is the Rock of eternity."
    Randy California : "I am a rock of ages"

https://youtu.be/LLjh5ldTeYM?t=94

( I saw him in Paradiso Amsterdam 1969, he was great in my eyes, later again , also in Paradiso 1975, and then again 1991 in de Melkweg, but then I found him rather dumb)
    Last edited by sylvius; 08-15-2020 at 11:43 PM.

He created them with the letter "hey"
    lettervalue 5 = wordvalue of "ed" , the fountain coming up from the earth in Genesis 2:6, eternal source of water.

Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father

i.e. hadn't it form hearsay --

there was no source for it.

https://twitter.com/Minkmaat/status/98974469508017766

The "ed" of Genesis 2:6 is also principle / source of speech

since it says,
    Genesis 2:5,

"v'chol siach hasadeh terem yiyeh baarets"

"siach" = bush, shrub; also: meditation, speech.

"terem"= not yet

gematria of "siach" is 318, like the number of Abraham's trained servants with whom he gained victory over the four kings in favor of the five (Genesis 14:14)

The "ed" of Genesis 2:6 is alos principle of resurrection,

Since Genesis 2:7 reads:

""vayyitzer hasehm elohim et-haadam" - and the Lord God formed the man, etc.

RashI:
    formed: [וַיִּיצֶר, with two " yuds", hints at] two creations, a creation for this world and a creation for the [time of the] resurrection of the dead, but in connection with the animals, which do not stand in judgment, two "yuds" are not written in [the word וַיִּצֶר describing their creation.
    Simon Peter was called "son of Jonah" --

sign of Jonah we had seen as sign of the resurrection--
    the plucked off olive branch in its mouth

Rashi on Genesis 8:11,
    Heb. טָרָף,"he plucked". The Midrash Aggadah explains it טָרָף as an expression of food, and interprets בְּפִיהָ as an expression of speech. It [the dove] said: Let my food be as bitter as an olive in the hands of the Holy One, blessed be He, and not as sweet as honey in the hands of flesh and blood.
    The pressed olive being the essence of the light of the first day (sunday )

Matthew 16:19,

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Preterists seem to hold that "the kingdom of heaven" began in the year 70 CE
    since Matthew 3:2 reads
    In those days John the Baptist appeared, preaching in the desert of Judea [and] saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"

Assuming that from that time there were still only 40 years left, number of which coinciding the 40 days that were left for the inhabitants of Nineveh to repent.

Is that true?

Peter was also the one to draw 153 large fish ashore, john 21:11.

153 kind of a key?

Key = Hebrew "mafteach" = opener, from "patach" = to open; "petach"= entrance.

It can open a door or a gate.

door = Hebrew "delet" , gematria 434, coinciding the number of words in Genesis 1, where "hashishi" is the 434th (i.e. "shishi" with added to it the letter "hey" -- =the rock of ages ) and where "tov" is the 153rd word

gate = Hebrew "shaar" ; hundred gates = "meah sh'arim" , gematria 666 (= a hundredfold - Genesis 26:12)

Genesis 28:17, Jacob in the city of Luz
    "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven."

Name:  how awesome is this place.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  522.1 KB

this the place where the willow don't bend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkXIUv1B9Ko

church in the background is the Mariachurch with the Alpha and the Omega above it's entrance

https://cultureelerfgoedenschede.nl/...rningerstraat/

Thread Information