Living Creature : the ox

Third Seal ~ Famine
    Matt 24:7 ~ And there shall be famines
    Living Creature : Face of Man

Fourth Seal ~ Death
    Matt 24:7 ~ and pestilences
    Living Creature: the eagle
    My modern interpretations of the 1st to the 4th seals of Revelation 6
    To understand the seals in Revelation 6, we need to interpret the visions which are like laser images which the author of Revelation 6 seen and was using his own vocabulary to describe things that he has never seen before. It is like a jungle tribe who try to describe an aeroplane they have never seen before using their own vocabulary such as a ?Silver Bird?. We need to understand the environment during the Roman times when the author wrote Revelation (2,000 years ago) and compare to the present time. The words in red are what I feel are key words or codes that lead to the correct interpretations.
    Note that horse in the Bible means disastrous events (see the 4 horses of Zechariah) or wars as horses are mainly used in wars. Rider simply means human driven. Therefore horse rider means disaster caused by humans resulting in major death and sufferings. Horses are fast and powerful suggesting the events came suddenly and strongly.

1st Living Creature - the lion.
    1I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" 2I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
    My interpretations:
    the lion: Many colonial powers' emblems, coat of arms, flags, have the pictures of lion. National animal symbols of Britain and Netherlands are the lion. Lion symbolizes power and royalty. PS:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_symbol
    Come : hinting Commonwealth of Nations (association of former British colonies) French Community (association of former French colonies). Note that the sound of "Come" are quite common in several languages e.g. Komme in German, Danish etc.
    white : White men (European) colonial powers. Pure, Christianity, Christ
    bow : Bow is used to shoot arrows therefore bow without arrows is suggestive of modern day rifle without bullets (i.e. arrows)which is kept in the magazine. The use of advanced weapons such as guns, canons and rifles are the main reason why the colonists can conquer and colonise many countries. A riflemen in aiming stance looks just like a man aiming with a bow to a 1st century person. The rifle with shoulder strap is like a bow in his best description:
    Name:  rifleman.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  80.5 KB
    Rifleman
    Does a Rifle with shoulder strap looks like a Bow to someone in the 1st century?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=rifl...vnmutbhLRu_vaM
    Name:  rifle with strap.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  14.1 KB
    crown : suggests leading colonial administrative power such as the British Crown which administered the British Empire. Crown Colonies.
    PS http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...owned-lion.htm
    http://www.answers.com/topic/british...as-territories
    conqueror : suggests major military power, colonial powers. Britain and Spain were leading colonial powers. Suggest also Conquistador ? Spanish word for Conqueror.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=conq...Vn6Owo0F3ZqJIM
    Name:  Conquistador on horse.jpg
Size:  200.2 KB
    Spanish Conquistador on a white horse conquering and spreading Christianity to South and Central America which unfortunately caused millions of death and sufferings to the locals through wars, ill-treatment and diseases. See the soldier carrying his rifle like carrying a bow.
    conquest : colonization? Conquests to spread Christianity in the name of Christ. I even regard WW1 and WW2 as war responses against colonial power of that time i.e. Britain, USA by late colonisers such as Germany, Italy, Japan to want to gain a bigger share of the colonies for their own.
    Note Colonialism started since 15th century and died down mid 21st Century. There are still some colonies currently esp. in the Pacific, Indian and Atlantic oceans islands although they don't call them colonies now.

2nd Living Creatures - the ox.
    *3When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" 4Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

My interpretations:

the ox: China turned communist in 1949 which is the year of the ox (according to Chinese zodiac). Ox symbolizes strength. Many communist and former communist nations have the ox, buffalo or bovine animals as their national symbols:
    Vietnam - water buffalo
    Cambodia - the kouprey
    Moldova - the auroch
    Poland and Belarus - the Wisent (bison)
    PS : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_symbol
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ox_(zodiac)
    Their flags are usually red in colour.
    Come : hinting Communism, Commune
    red : refers to the Reds i.e. Communist Russia and China
    power : suggest super power military might: Russia and China.
    men slay each other : suggests civil war or war among own people e.g. Communist Chinese with Nationalist Chinese, North Korean with South Korean, North Vietnamese with South Vietnamese, Khmer Rouge killing own Cambodians, Russian Revolution etc.
    large sword : suggests large "lance-shape" killing machine such as nuclear missile? Russia spied on US to get nuclear bomb missile technology and passed it to China. Some missiles and rockets are named after sword/lance-like thing such as the Lance, SkySword, the Scythe, The Dagger, Saber, Trident, Harpoon,Sky Spear, Dart, Javelin.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missiles
    Roman Sword https://www.google.com/search?q=roma...yX4jsJFuDwR1pM
    Name:  roman sword.jpg
Size:  39.3 KB
    Ballistic Missile https://www.google.com/search?q=ball...wURW8X9lq2lCuM
    Name:  ballistic missile.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  103.6 KB
    A Ballistic missile has a shape that looks like Roman sword to a person in the 1st Century. It thus a like a large ?sword?, an efficient killing machine just like a Roman sword.

Note that Communism started in late 19th Century and lost its influence in late 20th Century. Yet there are still formidable communist countries in the world e.g. China, North Korea, Vietnam etc. Wars and purges caused by communism killed at least 100 million people globally.

3rd Living creature - face of a Man.
    *5When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart[a] of wheat for a day's wages,[b] and three quarts of barley for a day's wages,[c] and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
    My interpretations:
    face of man : Man symbolizes intelligence, knowledge, technology, evil, greed.
    Come : hinting Commodities? Commerce? Common Market i.e. the European Economic Community?
    black : suggests black stem rust of wheat (Puccinia Graminis) PS : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stem_rust
    Suggest also climate change due to burning of fossil fuel, forest fires, volcanic eruptions increased carbon dioxide and methane level. Note that carbon products such as coal, soot, petroleum(black gold), car exhaust are black in colour. Black Market.
    A pair of scales : suggests famine, rationing, justice, law, unfair practises such as hoarding of food, profiteering, trade protectionism and embargo, black market.
    wheat : Current man-made genetically modified wheat resulted in very resistant strain of black stem rust such as ug99 which will cause major world wheat failure. Since wheat is a highly demanded food crop compared to barley, its inflationary price is 3 times that of barley. Note: Current average daily wage is about $50 and 1 quart is taken as 1 kilogram (quart is std weight in Roman?s time and kg is std weight in modern time). Current price of wheat is about $220 per tonne. Climate change may have alter food production resulting in scarcity and spread of destructive plant and human diseases. Hoarding, protectionism and profiteering will dramatically increase the price of wheat and barley and food crops in general. Panic buying is also a cause.
    wages : means cost, inflation; may also suggests present financial or economic crisis
    barley : Current man-made genetically modified barley resulted in very resistant strain of black stem rust such as ug99 which will cause major world barley failure.
    oil and wine : black stem rust (P. graminis) does not damage olive trees and grape vines at all and thus does not affect the production of olive oil and wine. Olive oil and wine are the equivalent of modern day petroleum and ethanol. (During Roman times, olive oil was an important commodity used in lighting, fuel, cooking, medicine, massaging, lubrication, bathing). There will be abundance of oil which lead to a drastic reduction of oil prices perhaps due to less demand such as the during economic crisis, lockdown, depression. Same with fodder crops due to lesser demands and inability to export their products (due to lockdown) in which the excess will be turned into ethanol. The wine with the reduced price seems to also refer to hand sanitisers which contains 70% alcohol which to the author was no difference to wine. This suggests the current Corvid -19 situation in which there is low or controlled petroleum and hand sanitiser prices. A major world depression akin to the Great Depression of 1929 seems inevitable
    Do not damage the oil and the wine means in Roman times when there are excess of olive oil and wine, traders would smash the earthen jars containing the olive oil and wine so as to increase prices. Likewise in modern times, oil, alcohol and ethanol producers will try to waste excess in order to maintain high prices. There are calls not to do that but to reduce the prices so as to help lift the global economic depression.
    Note** What the verses mean is that the coming world depression caused by ? Corvid -19 will seriously affect the world's production of wheat and barley thus causing high inflation of both crops and other food crops in general. However, there is a reduction in the price of oil (petroleum) and ethanol (artificial petrol chemically same as alcohol) and hand sanitisers. Note also that global warming and climate change (which are man-made) may help contribute to the spread and development of the black stem rust, air pollution, forest fires, diseases causing millions of death through starvation, poverty and other miseries. (Black may also mean fossil-fuel burning which produces black carbon, soot). Profiteering, hoarding of food together with the booming Black market trading will result in increased prices of food beyond the affordability of the poor causing death by starvation. There will be very high number of death from Corvid -19 infection also. Alcohol 70% hand sanitiser = Undrinkable Wine
    https://www.google.com/search?q=hand...rs4AwvUs2dKD8M
    Name:  Hand-Sanitizer-Jul2019.png
Size:  558.2 KB
    Note: Climate change started in mid 20th century and still in progress. It will have disastrous effects on food productions and diseases. Pandemic caused by corona virus, bird flu has come on and off since beginning of the 20th century such as the Spanish flu of 1914 in which about 50 million people died.

4th Living Creature - the eagle.
    *7When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.
    My interpretations:
    the eagle : symbolizes carrion flesh i.e. death at massive proportions. Many nations have eagle as their national emblems, flags, seals; notably USA, USSR, Germany, France etc. These nations may contribute to the wars, famine, plague as mentioned etc. PS : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_symbol
    Come : hinting Combat? Communicable diseases?
    pale : suggests death. May also suggests a pale smoggy world due to massive air pollution and global warming caused by fossil-fuel burning, volcanic eruptions, forest fires etc. These are contributing factors to the famines and diseases.
    Death and Hades : suggest terrible massive deaths. Note: Hades is the name of a French nuclear missile. Death may come also from famine due to nuclear war which will make land unfarmable and barren. Its rider was Death means Death of 25% (a fourth of the earth) of human population caused by humans or human activities.
    Hades Short range Ballistic Missile (France):
    Name:  hades missile1.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  51.9 KB
    kill by sword, famine, plague and by the wild beast : suggests unprecedented disasters due to wars (nuclear? leading to famine?), famine, diseases and wild beasts or by means of wild beasts such as through vectors including rats, bats, civet cats, pangolins, chimps, monkeys, camels, cows, swine, snakes, birds etc. in the spread of diseases such as Spanish Flu, plague, Ebola, SARS, MERS, H1N1, Corvid -19, Mad Cow Disease etc.

Currently, I believe we are now entering into Seal 3 which will cause a lot of death and suffering. It is interesting to note that there was a Long Depression in 1873 and ran till 1879 and ended in 1896 followed by WW1 in 1914. The Great Depression of 1929 ends in 1933 and fully ended by 1939 when WW2 started. I am afraid that if Seal 3 is that Depression caused by Corvid 19 started in 2019, will it likewise caused a great depression that last a few years and followed by WW3?.....Hopefully not. Beware?..as in the 4th seal, it suggests a much more virulent infection caused by wild animals that will help to annihilate 25% of the world?s population (2 billions) together with wars and famine.

God Blessed.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-11-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information