Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 103
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Was there text by the exclamation mark that said what the problem was?

    What browser are you using?
    I posted it on twitter

    https://twitter.com/Minkmaat/status/1165287901288120320

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    it's not "holy oracle" but "oracle of your holiness" דְּבִ֥יר קָדְשֶֽׁךָ

    holy oracle would be "d'vir kadosh" ( I think)
    And that's exactly what I said seven years ago! Here is what I wrote (note: my transliteration of "kadosheka" was wrong, it should have been kadsheka).

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    You wrote "d'vir kodesh", but meant "d'vir kadosh", which is a pleonasm, because "d'vir" is already the name of the holy of holies.

    and "kadosh" is ususally written with "vav".

    Dt. 14:2,

    כִּי עַם קָדוֹשׁ אַתָּה

    Dt. 26:19 being an exception, you computerd up for to get your own right.
    I wrote kadosheka and kadosh in the four examples I gave:

    עַם-קָדְשֶׁךָ .
    Am Kadosheka (Isaiah 63:18)
    עַם-קָדֹשׁ .
    Am Kadosh (Deut 26:19)
    דְּבִיר קָדְשֶׁךָ .
    D'vir Kadosheka (Psalm 28:2)
    דְּבִיר קָדֹשׁ .
    D'vir Kadosh (Not written)

    It was a simple typo when I wrote "d'vir kodesh." You can't make a case out of a typo - your posts are filled with many typos.

    And it wouldn't matter if kadosh is "usually" written with a vav. You said it is wrong to write it the way it is written in the Bible. You have been proven wrong. But you won't admit it. It's sad that you don't you realize what this does to your credibility.

    It is absurd for you to say that I "computered up for to get your own right." I used the computer to find the facts that prove you are wrong. But you still won't admit it. This makes all your posts suspect. If you refuse to admit an incontrovertible fact when it is staring you in the face, why should anyone believe anything you say?
    What kind of insanity rules your mind? The vowel points are irrelevant to the numerical value. The numerical value is based on the consonants. And you yourself admit that the consonants spell "Holy Oracle" if the right vowels are used.

    This is the most elementary fact that any child with basic knowledge of rabbinic tradition would understand. Please stop acting like an idiot. It is exceedingly tedious.

    You need to admit you were wrong on this point.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    If you click on the exclamation point, does it show any message?

    What browser are you using? Try it with a different browser.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,590
    [QUOTE=Richard Amiel McGough;72826]

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post

    You need to admit you were wrong on this point.
    ok, I was wrong to pretend that I do know these things better.

    Same thing you have with "holy spirit"

    "ruach hakodesh" = the spirit of holiness"

    holy spirit would be "ruach (ha)kadosh"

    Greek τὸ πνεῦμα τὸ ἅγιον

    (the late) Prof. Mordochai ben-Tziyyon contended that the Christians are flat out wrong with their Holy Spirit since it is the spirit of holiness.

    But I don't know, although I do think he might have been right

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    If you click on the exclamation point, does it show any message?

    What browser are you using? Try it with a different browser.
    I don't what know "browser" is / what browser I am using / how i could use another browser.

    I do always use Firefox.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    ok, I was wrong to pretend that I do know these things better.
    Cool.

    But I wasn't complaining about you pretending to "know these things better." My complaint was that you pretended NOT to know that D'vir Kadosh = 620 was a perfectly valid Hebrew fact, which also connected very well with the other patterns relating to the crown = 620 and the number of letters in the Ten Commandments and the fact that the Crown of the Torah = 1231 = The Ten Commandments, etc., etc., etc.

    This is why conversation with you can be so tedious and pointless. You should have admitted these simple facts years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post

    Same thing you have with "holy spirit"

    "ruach hakodesh" = the spirit of holiness"

    holy spirit would "ruach hakadosh"
    Again, the vowels are totally irrelevant to the numerical values. You are being tediously tendentious.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Greek τὸ πνεῦμα τὸ ἅγιον

    (the late) Prof. Mordochai ben-Tziyyon contended that the Christians are flat out wrong with their Holy Spirit since it is the spirit of holiness.

    But I don't know, although I do think he might have been right
    Sure, there is a big difference between "the spirit of holiness" and "the Holy Spirit" but there's no way for anyone to prove their interpretation is correct, so it's all meaningless potsherds clashing with potsherds in my estimation.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    I don't what know "browser" is / what browser I am using / how i could use another browser.

    I do always use Firefox.
    Firefox is a browser. It's what you use to view the internet.

    Other common browsers are Google's Chrome, Microsoft's Edge or IE (Internet Explorer). The iPhone uses Safari. And Android has their own browser.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Cool.
    My complaint was that you pretended NOT to know that D'vir Kadosh = 620 was a perfectly valid Hebrew fact, which also connected very well with the other patterns relating to the crown = 620 and the number of letters in the Ten Commandments and the fact that the Crown of the Torah = 1231 = The Ten Commandments, etc., etc., etc.
    I don't see what gain there should be in stressing D'vir Kadosh = 620 , ( while in fact it is 626) a phrase that even never ocurs in the bible.

    This is why conversation with you can be so tedious and pointless. You should have admitted these simple facts years ago.
    I didn't share your enthousiasm

    Again, the vowels are totally irrelevant to the numerical values. You are being tediously tendentious.
    Example was also "kochav" = star.

    Without "vav" it has value 42; wich coincides the 42 generations from Abraham to Jesus and the 42 stations of the children of Israel in the desert, of which Rameses was first and plains of Moab last, where Bileam came to prophesy the star

    especially since Abraham in Genesis 15 had to count the stars to get an idea of his offspring.


    Sure, there is a big difference between "the spirit of holiness" and "the Holy Spirit" but there's no way for anyone to prove their interpretation is correct, so it's all meaningless potsherds clashing with potsherds in my estimation.
    not meaningless, it has great implications (Trinity etc.)
    Last edited by sylvius; 08-24-2019 at 10:47 AM.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,590
    Name:  thy key.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  146.4 KB

    via windows

    it is your key

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    I don't see what gain there should be in stressing D'vir Kadosh = 620 , ( while in fact it is 626) a phrase that even never ocurs in the bible.
    It is not a "fact" that is is 626, and if you insist that it never occurs in Scripture because of the pronomual suffix kaph then your "ed" never occurs in Scripture because of the conjunctive prefix vav.

    As for "gain" - I doubt there is anything to be gained by these number games. They prove nothing but the power of selection bias and confirmation bias to delude the practitioners into the belief that they have discovered some big "secret" concerning the ultimate nature and meaning of reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough
    his is why conversation with you can be so tedious and pointless. You should have admitted these simple facts years ago.
    I didn't share your enthousiasm
    It doesn't require enthusiams to admit the truth. Simple honesty and integrity is all you need for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough
    Sure, there is a big difference between "the spirit of holiness" and "the Holy Spirit" but there's no way for anyone to prove their interpretation is correct, so it's all meaningless potsherds clashing with potsherds in my estimation.
    not meaningless, it has great implications (Trinity etc.)
    I didn't say that the implications of the interpretations were meaningless. I said that the interpretations themselves are meaningless because there is no way for anyone to prove who is right or wrong. It all comes down to personal opinion, which is just potsherds clashing with potsherds.

    Isaiah 45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •