Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    You can't see because you don't want to see. I made the connection between 430 and the law in exactly the same way you made the connection between 318 and Eliezer.
    The 430 years are mentioned in Exodus 12:40 -- Paul picked it up from there - to link it to the pomise God made to Abram: "so will be your seed" (Genesis 15:5)

To read in it that Paul intended to stress the value of Greek "nomos" is just complete nonsense.

The number of 318 initiates born in Abram's house, mentioned in Genesis 14:14 is soon followed by naming Eliezer as the one
    to inherit Abram by absence of a son (Genesis 15:2-3)

(Here you see also the link with NT, with Jesus as Abraham's promised seed)

So it's absolutely not exactly the same way.

Nothing could be more obvious. Except my connection was much better because 430 = 5 x 86 and 86 is the value of Elohim which is the name of God associated with natural law - here's what the Jewish tradition says (as reported by Rabbi Nosson Scherman in the introduction in the book Purim - Its Observance and Significance
    Torah was given by Hashem, even on the sixth day ("yom hashishi") of the month Sivan.

Thus we have

The Laws of Nature = 86 = Elohim

And LAW (Nomos) = 430 = 5 x 86

Note the connection with 5 and the five letters of Elohim and the 5th Sephira Geburah = Power (as in Judgment, as in application of Law). This all follows established Jewish tradition, which integrates nicely with Greek gematria and the NT if you believe that stuff.

My gematria was light years beyond yours.
    :WOW:

Ha! Grow a brain. I have told you a thousand times that I don't believe in gematria any more.
    Gematria is not something to believe in.

Bullshit. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. You, on the other hand, persist in the same errors over a span of years no matter how many times they have been exposed, explained, and proven.
    What is exposed, explained and proven?

That number 666 is not gematria of "yom shishi" ?

That the word "tov" in Genesis 1:12 is not 153rd word from the beginning?

That gematria of "ed" is not 5, coinciding the lettervalue of "hey"?

That "b'hibaram" is not 474th word from the beginning?

You are absolutely incorrigible. I am nothing like that.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    The 430 years are mentioned in Exodus 12:40 -- Paul picked it up from there - to link it to the pomise God made to Abram: "so will be your seed" (Genesis 15:5)

To read in it that Paul intended to stress the value of Greek "nomos" is just complete nonsense.

The number of 318 initiates born in Abram's house, mentioned in Genesis 14:14 is soon followed by naming Eliezer as the one
    to inherit Abram by absence of a son (Genesis 15:2-3)

(Here you see also the link with NT, with Jesus as Abraham's promised seed)

So it's absolutely not exactly the same way.
    I agree it is not "exactly" the same thing. It's not even close. My numerology had some real logic connecting the number 430 with the value of the Greek word "law" since the text itself makes that connection and it is confirmed by connecting with Elohim as the name representing God as manifest in "natural law" which is established in Jewish tradition. This is totally different than the ludicrous idea that the 318 actual people were really a symbol of the one person "Eliezer" merely because that's the value of his name. Nothing could be more absurd. It's those kinds of totally random connections that make rational people reject numerology.

Gematria is not something to believe in.
    I'm not interested in your meaningless word games. You obviously "believe in gematria" ... or are you now saying it has no meaning and you've only been pretending to believe in it?

You really are a confused person.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

What is exposed, explained and proven?

That number 666 is not gematria of "yom shishi" ?

That the word "tov" in Genesis 1:12 is not 153rd word from the beginning?

That gematria of "ed" is not 5, coinciding the lettervalue of "hey"?

That "b'hibaram" is not 474th word from the beginning?
    Quit pretending to be an idiot. You know exactly what I said was proven. I've explained it to you a million times over the span of years.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quit pretending to be an idiot. You know exactly what I said was proven. I've explained it to you a million times over the span of years.
    the spam of years ...

the spam of years ...
    Good pun! Your posts really do seem like spam. You almost always ignore the question asked.

If this is all you want to do, please go do it somewhere else.

Check out my blog site

Good pun! Your posts really do seem like spam. You almost always ignore the question asked.

If this is all you want to do, please go do it somewhere else.
    unhappy host :weep:

unhappy host :weep:
    I'm not unhappy. I'm just calling it as I see it.

Check out my blog site

I'm not unhappy. I'm just calling it as I see it.
    The biblewheel forum was the only place I could put my things on. I am very grateful for that.

It's in fact a fight with my own thoughts and dreams.

Twitter is also a good place where I can put things on. It has an excellent search-machine.

But reply is needed.

The biblewheel forum was the only place I could put my things on. I am very grateful for that.

It's in fact a fight with my own thoughts and dreams.

Twitter is also a good place where I can put things on. It has an excellent search-machine.

But reply is needed.
    You used to post on TheologyWeb. Did they ban you?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information