Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Isaac's bride was found by Abraham's 318 initiates who were born in his house

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Isaac's bride was found by Abraham's 318 initiates who were born in his house
    Good one.

Of course, your joke shows how silly it is for that old tradition to say Eliezer was not a man, but really 318 men ... or that 318 men were really just one man.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Good one.

Of course, your joke shows how silly it is for that old tradition to say Eliezer was not a man, but really 318 men ... or that 318 men were really just one man.
    And Rebecca was three years old when she married Isaac.

From these things you may infer that the bible is not very much intersted in historical facts -- despite Christian objestions:

https://www.simplybible.com/f80q-not...ried-Isaac.htm

And Rebecca was three years old when she married Isaac.

From these things you may infer that the bible is not very much intersted in historical facts -- despite Christian objestions:

https://www.simplybible.com/f80q-not...ried-Isaac.htm
    Or we can infer that the tradition is wrong.

Or better, we can conclude that both tradition and the Bible are largely fiction.

BTW - thanks for the link. I studied the Bible for a long time but was not aware of this one.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

The word "siach" with gematria 318 from Genesis 2:5 ("v'chol siach hassadeh terem yiyeh baaartz") comes back in Genesis 24:63,

וַיֵּצֵ֥א יִצְחָ֛ק לָשׂ֥וּחַ בַּשָּׂדֶ֖ה, "vayeitzei yitzchak l'suach bassadeh" = and Isaac went out to meditate in the field -

After this Jewish prayerbook is called "siach yitzchak"

Also clear indication that it is all about a deeper meaning behind the superficial text.

Superficial text is "the law", "ho nomos", Paul mentions all the time as oppsoite to "faith".

The word "siach" with gematria 318 from Genesis 2:5 ("v'chol siach hassadeh terem yiyeh baaartz") comes back in Genesis 24:63,

וַיֵּצֵ֥א יִצְחָ֛ק לָשׂ֥וּחַ בַּשָּׂדֶ֖ה, "vayeitzei yitzchak l'suach bassadeh" = and Isaac went out to meditate in the field -

After this Jewish prayerbook is called "siach yitzchak"

Also clear indication that it is all about a deeper meaning behind the superficial text.

Superficial text is "the law", "ho nomos", Paul mentions all the time as oppsoite to "faith".
    If we want to play that game, I can say that you are only reading the superficial text when you say that Paul says the law is the opposite of faith. You know he spoke of the "law of faith" and said "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."

So there ya go! You can pretty much make up anything you like from a book as confused as the Bible.

Check out my blog site

So there ya go! You can pretty much make up anything you like from a book as confused as the Bible.
    And you can multiply that by a million when you include gematria and symbolic interpretations.

Check out my blog site

If we want to play that game, I can say that you are only reading the superficial text when you say that Paul says the law is the opposite of faith. You know he spoke of the "law of faith" and said "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."

John 1:17,

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Moses failed to reveal the source by hitting the rock with his staff instead of speaking to it.

The source being the "ed" ("1-4") of Genesis 2:6

source of all existence.

In LXX translated with πηγή

πηγη δε ανεβαινεν εκ της γης και εποτιζεν παν το προσωπον της γης

Revelation 21:6 is about it:
    ἐγὼ τῷ διψῶντι δώσω ἐκ τῆς πηγῆς τοῦ ὕδατος τῆς ζωῆς δωρεάν

and John 4:14,
    ὃς δ' ἂν πίῃ ἐκ τοῦ ὕδατος οὗ ἐγὼ δώσω αὐτῷ, οὐ μὴ διψήσει εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα, ἀλλὰ τὸ ὕδωρ ὃ δώσω αὐτῷ γενήσεται ἐν αὐτῷ πηγὴ ὕδατος ἁλλομένου εἰς ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

it's just crystall-clear

tried to explain (many times)

https://twitter.com/Minkmaat/status/985750227641688064

John 1:17,

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Moses failed to reveal the source by hitting the rock with his staff instead of speaking to it.

The source being the "ed" ("1-4") of Genesis 2:6

source of all existence.

In LXX translated with πηγή

πηγη δε ανεβαινεν εκ της γης και εποτιζεν παν το προσωπον της γης

Revelation 21:6 is about it:
    ἐγὼ τῷ διψῶντι δώσω ἐκ τῆς πηγῆς τοῦ ὕδατος τῆς ζωῆς δωρεάν

and John 4:14,
    ὃς δ' ἂν πίῃ ἐκ τοῦ ὕδατος οὗ ἐγὼ δώσω αὐτῷ, οὐ μὴ διψήσει εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα, ἀλλὰ τὸ ὕδωρ ὃ δώσω αὐτῷ γενήσεται ἐν αὐτῷ πηγὴ ὕδατος ἁλλομένου εἰς ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

it's just crystall-clear

tried to explain (many times)

https://twitter.com/Minkmaat/status/985750227641688064
    Well, one man's "crystal clear revelation" is another man's babble, as you obviously know, since that's what you said about the stuff I used to believe. Right?

Check out my blog site

Well, one man's "crystal clear revelation" is another man's babble, as you obviously know, since that's what you said about the stuff I used to believe. Right?
    We both saw the light

But seemingly different lights,
    and your light extinguished, while my lamp still burns

Ha the keys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_I8wR1vb9M
    Last edited by sylvius; 08-23-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Thread Information