Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,602
    A question to Vernon:

    Were you indeed the one to discover the 2701 - gematria of Genesis 1:1?

    Or did you pick it up from somewhere else?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,602
    Rabbi Ginsburgh does present the number 2701 too, but like if it is nothing special and also "well known"


    http://www.inner.org/?s=2701

    http://www.inner.org/parshah/levitic...m/E68-0726.php

    As is well known, the value of the first verse of Genesis is 2701, or 37 times 73 (and the triangle of 73, 37 times 73).
    It's also in his book "913"

    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/913...rgh/1123584447

    One amazing thing he told about it, viz. the numerical of "ruach elohim" is the same as the value of the letter "shin" , viz. 300

    if you leave the letter "shin" of "shamayim" out you're left with "b'reishit bara elohim et hamayim v'et haaretz" in the beginning God created the water and the earth (with numerical value 2401 = 7 x 7 x 7 x 7)

    and this should be the clue of "v'ruach elohim m'rachefet al- p'nei hamayim" - and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters

    But strange enough this might be read in Mark 1:10 too,

    On coming up out of the water he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit, like a dove, descending upon him

    Like if Mark had the same thing in mind!

    (also Rashi likened the spirit of God hovering over the face of the waters to a dove:

    https://www.chabad.org/library/bible...showrashi/true
    and the spirit of God was hovering: The Throne of Glory was suspended in the air and hovered over the face of the water with the breath of the mouth of the Holy One, blessed be He and with His word, like a dove, which hovers over the nest, acoveter in Old French, to cover, hover over.
    like a dove "k'yonah" )

    The lecture of Rabbi Ginsburgh in which he mentioned this I couldn't find back on internet.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    A question to Vernon:

    Were you indeed the one to discover the 2701 - gematria of Genesis 1:1?

    Or did you pick it up from somewhere else?
    That seems like a strange question sylvius. Wouldn't you think that the value of Genesis 1:1 would be discovered independently by different numerologists as they went about computing numbers from the Bible? That's what happened with me. I got into gematria in 1990 when a girlfriend introduced me to the works of Aleister Crowley, specifically his Tarot deck and the book 777 which explained a lot about his interpretation of the Tarot and also contained a long list of words and numbers. I wasn't much interested in gematria at first but then had a dream on Nov 24, 1990 in which I was asked "Are you looking for Dumbo? 12 x 44". I wrote the dream down and looked in Crowley's book for the meaning of 44 and found דם = (blood) = 44 and noticed that it resonated with the first syllable of "Dumbo." I felt like I and received some sort of "knowledge" in the dream and it inspired me to begin learning Hebrew and gematria in earnest. I read lots of books on the topic but never saw any mention of Genesis 1:1. It wasn't until June 1991 that I finally bought a copy of the Tanach and independently discovered the value of Genesis 1:1 = 2710. I immediately recognized the beauty of the symmetric primes, and it didn't take long to noticed that it was triangular because Crowley taught that the triangular numbers were the "mystical" value of the index. This already meant a lot to me because my dream number 12 x 44 = 528 = T(32) and there are 32 paths on the Tree of Life and the 32nd path corresponds to the Universe card (Atu 22) and so I interpreted 528 as "The Key to the Universe". It took another year or so until I discovered that the Key found in Isaiah 22:22 is maphte'ach = 528. That totally blew my mind.

    All that to say, it seems kind of silly to think that any individual would be the sole "discoverer" of something as simple as the gematria value of Genesis 1:1.

    Of course, other patterns that are not so obvious, such as the geometric relation between the Hex/Star pair 37/73 might be attributable to a single individual. But still, it's little more than noting the obvious if you enjoy numerical geometry (figurate numbers).
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    That seems like a strange question sylvius. Wouldn't you think that the value of Genesis 1:1 would be discovered independently by different numerologists as they went about computing numbers from the Bible? That's what happened with me. I got into gematria in 1990 when a girlfriend introduced me to the works of Aleister Crowley, specifically his Tarot deck and the book 777 which explained a lot about his interpretation of the Tarot and also contained a long list of words and numbers. I wasn't much interested in gematria at first but then had a dream on Nov 24, 1990 in which I was asked "Are you looking for Dumbo? 12 x 44". I wrote the dream down and looked in Crowley's book for the meaning of 44 and found דם = (blood) = 44 and noticed that it resonated with the first syllable of "Dumbo." I felt like I and received some sort of "knowledge" in the dream and it inspired me to begin learning Hebrew and gematria in earnest. I read lots of books on the topic but never saw any mention of Genesis 1:1. It wasn't until June 1991 that I finally bought a copy of the Tanach and independently discovered the value of Genesis 1:1 = 2710. I immediately recognized the beauty of the symmetric primes, and it didn't take long to noticed that it was triangular because Crowley taught that the triangular numbers were the "mystical" value of the index. This already meant a lot to me because my dream number 12 x 44 = 528 = T(32) and there are 32 paths on the Tree of Life and the 32nd path corresponds to the Universe card (Atu 22) and so I interpreted 528 as "The Key to the Universe". It took another year or so until I discovered that the Key found in Isaiah 22:22 is maphte'ach = 528. That totally blew my mind.

    All that to say, it seems kind of silly to think that any individual would be the sole "discoverer" of something as simple as the gematria value of Genesis 1:1.

    Of course, other patterns that are not so obvious, such as the geometric relation between the Hex/Star pair 37/73 might be attributable to a single individual. But still, it's little more than noting the obvious if you enjoy numerical geometry (figurate numbers).
    I thought you had it from Vernon Jenkins.

    So in fact you are (also) "sole discoverer"

    Like I am "sole discoverer" of the numbers 666 in Genesis 1:31 and 153 in Genesis 1:12 - although any child could see it

    Ater Matthew 11:25,
    At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of the heaven and the earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children"


    Lord of the heaven and the earth = composer of Genesis 1:1

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,602
    "Lord of the heaven and the earth" is a rare expression, that further only occurs in (Greek) Tobit 7:17

    But I think it must be after Genesis 14:18-20,

    And Malchizedek the king of Salem brought out bread and wine, and he was a priest to the Most High God. And he blessed him, and he said, "Blessed be Abram to the Most High God, Who possesses heaven and earth. And blessed be the Most High God, Who has delivered your adversaries into your hand," and he gave him a tithe from all.



    Who possesses heaven and earth = קֹנֵ֖ה שָׁמַ֥יִם וָאָֽרֶץ, "koneh shamayim vaaretz"

    LXX has : ος εκτισεν τον ουρανον και την γην

    Rashi has
    Who possesses heaven and earth: Heb. קֹנֶה, like (Ps. 115:15): the Maker of heaven and earth. By making them, He acquired them to be His
    But I am not sure that he is right, since I do think that he acquired it by making himself guarantee for his creation (by giving his only son)

    Note that Malchizedek appered right after Abram had gained victory over the four kings in favor of the five with help of his 318 trained servants, which was a clear (and only) hint at the world of numbers behind the written word.

    "The most high God" -- I thought you should be very high to get a glimpse of him

    "Who has delivered your adversaries into your hand" אֲשֶׁר־מִגֵּ֥ן צָרֶ֖יךָ בְּיָדֶ֑ךָ , "asher miggein tzareicha b'yadeicha"

    "miggein"= to deliver (an enemy); to shield, defend, protect, guard

    from this "magen" = shield, protector.

    "magen david" = (RAM's) star of David (that appeared to be present in Genesis 1:1 https://www.biblewheel.com/forum/sho...2699#post72699 )

    "magen david" = 93+14 =107 = "anochi hashem" = I am the Lord -- openingwords of the ten commandments.

    https://twitter.com/Minkmaat/status/910025733447274502

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    I thought you had it from Vernon Jenkins.

    So in fact you are (also) "sole discoverer"

    Like I am "sole discoverer" of the numbers 666 in Genesis 1:31 and 153 in Genesis 1:12 - although any child could see it

    Ater Matthew 11:25,
    At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of the heaven and the earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children"


    Lord of the heaven and the earth = composer of Genesis 1:1
    It doesn't make sense to me to say there could be more than one "sole discoverer." It seems more accurate to say that the same thing was "independently discovered" by various people.

    I independently noticed Gen 1:1 = 2701 = 37 x 73 = T(73) but did learn about the Hex/Star pair (37/73) from Vernon.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I got into gematria in 1990 when a girlfriend introduced me to the works of Aleister Crowley,
    So in fact Aleister Crowley was kind of founding-father of the Bible Wheel.

    Did you also use drugs by that time?
    Last edited by sylvius; 08-17-2019 at 09:54 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me to say there could be more than one "sole discoverer." It seems more accurate to say that the same thing was "independently discovered" by various people.

    I independently noticed Gen 1:1 = 2701 = 37 x 73 = T(73) but did learn about the Hex/Star pair (37/73) from Vernon.
    I seems to have been also known by the writers of New Testament

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,602
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    "Lord of the heaven and the earth" is a rare expression, that further only occurs in (Greek) Tobit 7:17

    But I think it must be after Genesis 14:18-20,

    And Malchizedek the king of Salem brought out bread and wine, and he was a priest to the Most High God. And he blessed him, and he said, "Blessed be Abram to the Most High God, Who possesses heaven and earth. And blessed be the Most High God, Who has delivered your adversaries into your hand," and he gave him a tithe from all.



    Who possesses heaven and earth = קֹנֵ֖ה שָׁמַ֥יִם וָאָֽרֶץ, "koneh shamayim vaaretz"

    LXX has : ος εκτισεν τον ουρανον και την γην

    Rashi has

    But I am not sure that he is right, since I do think that he acquired it by making himself guarantee for his creation (by giving his only son)

    Note that Malchizedek appeared right after Abram had gained victory over the four kings in favor of the five with help of his 318 trained servants, which was a clear (and only) hint at the world of numbers behind the written word.

    "The most high God" -- I thought you should be very high to get a glimpse of him

    "Who has delivered your adversaries into your hand" אֲשֶׁר־מִגֵּ֥ן צָרֶ֖יךָ בְּיָדֶ֑ךָ , "asher miggein tzareicha b'yadeicha"

    "miggein"= to deliver (an enemy); to shield, defend, protect, guard

    from this "magen" = shield, protector.

    "magen david" = (RAM's) star of David (that appeared to be present in Genesis 1:1 https://www.biblewheel.com/forum/sho...2699#post72699 )

    "magen david" = 93+14 =107 = "anochi hashem" = I am the Lord -- openingwords of the ten commandments.

    https://twitter.com/Minkmaat/status/910025733447274502
    Psalms 110 was written after Genesis 14

    Of David a psalm. The word of the Lord to my master; "Sit at My right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool at your feet."



    Rashi:
    The word of the Lord to my master: Our Rabbis interpreted it as referring to Abraham
    Abraham the master of his 318 trained servants.

    Of Eleiezer of Damascus it was said, Rashi on Genesis 15:2,
    the word דַּמֶּשֶׂק is interpreted as a notarikon [acrostic for דּוֹלֶה וּמַשְׁקֶה]: he drew and gave to drink from his master's teachings to others.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    So in fact Aleister Crowley was kind of founding-father of the Bible Wheel.

    Did you also use drugs by that time?
    Has anyone ever mentioned that you have a very perverse way of putting things?

    Crowley wasn't the only influence, and most of his stuff came from other sources. The most direct influence that gave rise to the Bible Wheel was the Jewish concept of the 231 gates taught in the Sepher Yetzirah, as you already know.

    As for drugs, the answer is yes as I explained in my article Debunking Myself - What A Long Strange Trip It's Been.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •