Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,622

    Was the Bible Wheel a "completely crazy insane book"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Alright Alex, you've convinced me. I have no doubt that you have some sort of serious mental disorder. I'm no psychologist, but if I had to guess I'd say it seems to be a mix of ignorance, arrogance, and autism.
    don't the same words apply to yourself?

    "The Bible Wheel" is a complete crazy insane book produced by someone who was both ignorant and arrogant and loved most of all himself, up to the present day, although he declared the bible wheel to be debunked (by which he denied responsibility for his claims and avoided to have to answer painful questions)

    on p. 121 (of all numbers ) it reads:

    I am the Alpha and the Omega (ΑΩ), the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8 (Spoke 22, Cycle 3)

    (but you got that from KJV I see https://biblehub.com/revelation/1-8.htm -- beter called KJP -- "the beginning and the ending" , ἡ ἀρχὴ καὶ τὸ τέλος, was not in the original handwritings and was derived from Revelation 21:6 and 22:13) -- and "which" is perverse translation of ὁ = who -- referring to the Lord God )

    Next it reads:
    He engraved these Letters (capital L)in His Capstone Signature (ΑΩ/את) which declares by its very nature that it is a miracle (ot), a Sign (ת) from God (א)


    You still hang on that, the very capstone of your wheel

    you have spent years playing this moronic child's game.

    You did spent a lot of energy on it, all for waste...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    don't the same words apply to yourself?

    "The Bible Wheel" is a complete crazy insane book produced by someone who was both ignorant and arrogant and loved most of all himself, up to the present day, although he declared the bible wheel to be debunked (by which he denied responsibility for his claims and avoided to have to answer painful questions)
    Ha! That's hilarious sylvius. You are a master of empty insults. It will be interesting to see if you are able to justify any of your words.

    Why do you say that I denied responsibility when I debunked my work? If you read my articles in which I debunked myself, I explained how I fell into the delusions of gematria and kabbalah. How is that avoiding responsibility?

    And which "painful questions" have I avoided?

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    on p. 121 (of all numbers ) it reads:

    I am the Alpha and the Omega (ΑΩ), the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8 (Spoke 22, Cycle 3)

    (but you got that from KJV I see https://biblehub.com/revelation/1-8.htm -- beter called KJP -- "the beginning and the ending" , ἡ ἀρχὴ καὶ τὸ τέλος, was not in the original handwritings and was derived from Revelation 21:6 and 22:13) -- and "which" is perverse translation of ὁ = who -- referring to the Lord God )

    Next it reads:
    He engraved these Letters (capital L)in His Capstone Signature (ΑΩ/את) which declares by its very nature that it is a miracle (ot), a Sign (ת) from God (א)

    You still hang on that, the very capstone of your wheel
    Your personal hatred of the KJV as a "perversion" is intellectually meaningless and sheds no light on whether that particular translation of "o" = who is correct or not. You need to do better than this if you want to justify your assertions.

    And besides, you are wrong on two counts. First, I agree that the translation of "o" as "who" is better than "which" in modern English (though I don't know if it matters at all in 16th century English). Second, it is irrelevant because I never used "which" as opposed to "who" in any arguments I made in the book.

    You are correct that I "hang on" to the idea that Alpha Omega corresponds to Aleph Tav in as much as they are the first and last letters of their respective alphabets, but you are wrong that I do that because it is the "capstone of the wheel." On the contrary, the only reason I "hang on" to that idea is because it is an incontrovertible fact. If you disagree, please site at least two biblical scholars who support your position. I won't hold my breath.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    you have spent years playing this moronic child's game.

    You did spent a lot of energy on it, all for waste...
    The only "moronic child's game" I see is your mindless repetition of words that have no content in this context.

    Yes, I spent years on my obsession just as you and Alex and a thousand other "pattern finders" have spent on theirs. The only difference between you an I is that I have debunked myself because I was willing to admit when I was wrong (which is the opposite of arrogance).

    Looking forward to a fruitful discussion!

    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    don't the same words apply to yourself?
    Of course not. I would always attempt to answer questions. I would not just ignore them and then declare victory like Alex does. My answers often fell short (as I myself have explained) but still that's nothing like the blind refusal to answer that we see with Alex.

    The fact that you ask this question suggests that you are more interested in mindless insults rather than the truth.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Of course not. I would always attempt to answer questions. I would not just ignore them and then declare victory like Alex does. My answers often fell short (as I myself have explained) but still that's nothing like the blind refusal to answer that we see with Alex.

    The fact that you ask this question suggests that you are more interested in mindless insults rather than the truth.
    I remember that when I questioned your wheel years back, on your first forum, I was immediately banned.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    I remember that when I questioned your wheel years back, on your first forum, I was immediately banned.
    That is an ludicrous lie sylvius. I allowed you to to spew your absurdities on this forum for a very long time before I banned you. And why did I ban you? Because of your stubborn refusal to be honest and rational. Here is the last chance I gave you before banning you:

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    What's your argument?
    See the Bible Wheel Challenge. If my claims are false, you should be able to prove it in minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    I am serious: what do your claim exactly?
    Like I said, see the Bible Wheel Challenge. If my claims are false, you should be able to prove it in minutes.
    Still waiting sylvius ....
    Do you claim to be kind of a god, or at least a chosen one or beloved disciple, since you are the only one to discover the bible-wheel that was hidden throughout the ages?
    No, I have never believed anything like that, and it does not follow from the mere act of discovery. Your question is both rude and irrational.

    I'm still waiting ...
    I'm still waiting ...
    I'm still waiting ...
    As you can see, I offered you many opportunities to prove me wrong, but you refused to engage my argument. It was shortly after this post that you responded by merely asserting without any evidence whatsoever that my "Bible Wheel Challenge" was "asburdism". You refused to engage any my arguments and chose rather to spew mindless insults. That's why I banned you on 3/14/2013 after you had written hundreds of absurd and insulting posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    The challenge reveals your own absurdism.
    You have passed the limit of my patience with your blatant lies and gross absurdities.

    You have nothing of any value to contribute to this forum.

    I should have banned you long ago.

    Go troll elsewhere.
    So there you go sylvius. That's what really happened. Will you admit the truth? You know that I did not "immediately" ban you. On the contrary, I gave you more than enough opportunity to justify your words but you refused.

    It's too bad you didn't choose the path of rationality. If you had seriously engaged my Bible Wheel Challenge you could have proven me wrong very quickly by created the Catholic Bible Wheel like I did years later when I finally debunked myself. Guess it goes to prove the old adage - if you want a job done well, do it yourself!



    The discovery of the Catholic Bible Wheel was extremely effective in helping me break free from the illusion of design caused by the "patternicity" of the Bible Wheel. I talk about this in my article The Battle of the Bible Wheels: Catholic vs. Protestant. Comparing contrary patterns is the "fast track" to freeing people from their delusional patterns. That's what I've been trying to do with Alex by showing him that his method can be used to create a thousand contrary patterns and so proves absolutely nothing.

    I doubt that there is anything so easy for your numerology since it's too imprecise to allow for a real contradiction. In that sense, it's like Alex's - you can make up anything you want so there's no way to prove it wrong ... or right. It's just finger-painting with words and numbers.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    That is an ludicrous lie sylvius. I allowed you to to spew your absurdities on this forum for a very long time before I banned you. And why did I ban you? Because of your stubborn refusal to be honest and rational. Here is the last chance I gave you before banning you:


    As you can see, I offered you many opportunities to prove me wrong, but you refused to engage my argument. It was shortly after this post that you responded by merely asserting without any evidence whatsoever that my "Bible Wheel Challenge" was "asburdism". You refused to engage any my arguments and chose rather to spew mindless insults. That's why I banned you on 3/14/2013 after you had written hundreds of absurd and insulting posts.



    So there you go sylvius. That's what really happened. Will you admit the truth? You know that I did not "immediately" ban you. On the contrary, I gave you more than enough opportunity to justify your words but you refused.

    It's too bad you didn't choose the path of rationality. If you had seriously engaged my Bible Wheel Challenge you could have proven me wrong very quickly by created the Catholic Bible Wheel like I did years later when I finally debunked myself. Guess it goes to prove the old adage - if you want a job done well, do it yourself!



    The discovery of the Catholic Bible Wheel was extremely effective in helping me break free from the illusion of design caused by the "patternicity" of the Bible Wheel. I talk about this in my article The Battle of the Bible Wheels: Catholic vs. Protestant. Comparing contrary patterns is the "fast track" to freeing people from their delusional patterns. That's what I've been trying to do with Alex by showing him that his method can be used to create a thousand contrary patterns and so proves absolutely nothing.

    I doubt that there is anything so easy for your numerology since it's too imprecise to allow for a real contradiction. In that sense, it's like Alex's - you can make up anything you want so there's no way to prove it wrong ... or right. It's just finger-painting with words and numbers.
    I was banned more times -

    years go by, and nothing changes ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    I was banned more times -
    w
    years go by, and nothing changes ...
    As far as I recall, you were banned only one other time. I'll see if I can find the record of that so everyone can see why.

    One old saying says "The more things change, the more they stay the same." But another says "The only constant is change."

    If anything remains the same, it seems to be your stubbornness, your rudeness, and your irrationality ... and my attempt to reason with you despite all the challenges.

    It's like the old days when I believed in the Bible Wheel. All you had to do was engage my argument and you could have proven me wrong. But you refused and chose rather to spew irrational insults without any content.

    I guess it's no surprise that you continue in your old ways.

    I, on the other hand, have continued in my efforts to REASON with people who disagree with me. I haven't changed at all in that regard.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    I was banned more times -

    years go by, and nothing changes ...
    Actually, you were banned only one other time, shortly after I first opened this forum in 2007. It was pretty quick, but nothing like "immediately." I gave you plenty of chances to be rational but you refused as usual.

    Here is one of my final posts before I banned you in which I summed up some of your more obvious errors. Note that you repeated the same idiotic error TODAY that I corrected twelve freaking years ago in 2007! Talk about nothing changing. You appear to be incorrigibly ignorant and unwilling to learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    Gematria is degraded into an occult "science" when people abuse it to forge their own idiosyncratic doctrines from their fantasies.
    something you say you do yourself.
    Error number 1. That is an unsubstantiated accusation. You have never presented any evidence that I have done anything like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    no you go the other way round,
    trying to force the bible into a wheel with 22 spokes according to the 22 letters of Hebrew alphabet.
    Error number 2: Another unsubstantiated accusation. You have never presented any evidence that I "forced" anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    I use gematria to illustrate the doctrines that are derived from a careful exegesis of the text of the Bible.
    so you seem to be the one to abuse it.
    Error number 3. Yet another unsubstantiated accusation. You have never presented any evidence that I "abuse gematria". And worse, you are talking like a five-year old child. You took my legitimate complaint against real errors in the Jewish tradition, which I supported with facts and examples, and you threw it back in my face without any facts or examples to back up your claim. You also ignored the evidence I presented.

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    no i didn't challenge the idea that the plain text teaches that God created the heaven and the earth in six days,
    Error number 4. You have directly contradicted your own statement made in this thread! I quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    What do you mean "That's what you read in it"? The plain text does say that God created in six days, and the underlying geometry is sixfold. What statement of mine are you challenging?
    exactly this statement : "The plain text does say that God created in six days, and the underlying geometry is sixfold"
    Of course, you implicitly acknowledge your error when you changed your "challenge," but then that led to yet another error:

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius
    i challenge the idea that the gematria of Genesis 1:1 is there to illustrate (just) this.
    Error number 5. I never said that the purpose of gematria was "just" for illustration. True, I said "I use gematria to illustrate the doctrines that are derived from a careful exegesis of the text of the Bible" but I never said anything about that being the only purpose of gematria. That would be foolish, since I assert, (as you very well know), that God designed the Gematria to display His infinite Wisdom, so there is infinitely more to it than "merely" illustrating the doctrines derived from the plain text. The Bible reveals the Mind of God, and its alphanumeric structure is an essential aspect of that revelation. But that does not mean that we can abuse gematria by making up what ever unprincipled fantasies we like. For example, you follow the doctrine that Satan does not exist on one day of the year "because" HaShatan = 364 is one less than 365. Great! Using that principle, we can conclude that the Messiah doesn't exist for two days each year, because HaMeshiach = 363! And lets not stop there! Your method of gematria proves that God doesn't exist for 364 days of the year, because God is One!

    Listen sylivius,

    I delight in vigorous, sharp, and intelligent challenges to my work. Anyone is welcome to present arguments against my assertions in this forum. But that's not what you are doing. You apparently got your nose bent out of shape because I found (and substantiated) errors in Rashi. Then you chose to ignore the evidence I presented in favor of attacking me and the integrity of my work with rude, childish, and unsubstantiated accusations. Have you forgotten that you are in another man's house? Where are you manners?

    Please clean up your act.

    Thanks.

    And with that, let us return to a true state of peace.

    Shalom!



    Richard
    Ahhh .... the good old days!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there sylvius

    I've answered in a new thread. Please continue the conversation there: Was the Bible Wheel a "completely crazy insane book"?
    It was completely insane from the beginning.

    And you were rather lifted over the horse.

    You started a thread on theolgyweb

    "Biblewheel on the rise"

    I just came to the idea that you did derive that from KJV -- with their "which"

    "which is, and which was, and which is to come"

    That you did read "which" as alluding to your wheel.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,622
    The whole lay-out was grotesque


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •