Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

False doctrine & The Truth

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but have had 40yrs of finding my way to the truth. This has led me through false doctrine of established churches of Anglican, Baptist & Pentecostal churches, as well as Jehovahs witnesses, which covers 25-30yrs of my church life, to the past 15yrs of studying Truth, through defining words in the Hebrew & Greek.
    This is a big subject, & of course, is controversial, as it challenges peoples beliefs (as it did mine!). Hopefully most people here are open to question, unlike those tied up, as Jehovahs witnesses & Scientology, who cut themselves off from accepting any other views, other than The Watchtower Society & L.Ron Hubbard, being 2 examples.
    I want to cover, in time, baptism, communion, 7yr tribulation, 1000yr reign, predestination, as examples of misinterpretation of their true meaning. I have not trawled through other threads to find whether this has been spoken about, but I assume quite a few will already be aware of what I want to share, starting with baptism.
    Eph 4v5 1 Lord, 1 faith, 1 baptism. So it cannot be water & blood baptism!
    Defined from 2 words in Greek Bapto = To cover (atone) & Baptizo = To stain or dye (which water is not). The 2 words were anglicised into 1 word baptise, & is a verbal noun, meaning the subject is still, while the fluid covers them continually, (daily) as Paul was 1Cor 15v31, "I die daily" which is death to self that we do as in Luke 9v23.
    Yeshua was water baptised to fulfil righteousness, & be heard in Israel, as they said nothing good could come from Northern Israel (Nazareth). Yeshua had already been circumcised & had 2 turtle doves. Proselyte water baptism only made you a citizen of literal Israel, whereas blood baptism is death to self daily & gets you into spiritual Israel (gentile elect church).
    I have so much more to say on this, so until next time!.....

I have been water baptized 3 times, before I knew better. Once as a baby in a C of E church, with my non religious parents. 2nd time as an Anglican 25yrs ago, with a sign of the cross on my forehead. 3rd time in the River Jordan in Israel, 10yrs later, as a Pentecostal, fully immersed.
    In Col 2v14 it speaks of the rituals were nailed to the cross, & what was literal before Christ, is now spiritual, as echoed in Heb 9 & 10, talks of the shadow (OT), & the very image (NT). Circumcision, baptism, being Jewish, etc, is now of the heart & spiritual, hence God's elect church (spiritual Israel).
    Yeshua asked James & John in Mk 10v38; "Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, & be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?" An obvious link to communion (eucharist), & Yeshua was not asking whether they could drink some wine, with a piece of bread. The next verse Yeshua said they will indeed drink the cup (a martyr's death), as like the other disciples did too.
    To clarify, drinking the cup, is death to self (our cross) & resurrection, through forgiveness of our sins daily (blood baptism).
    When Constantine started the Roman Catholic church, he blended paganism & Christianity, to appease the Goths & Vandals (who were attacking Rome), hence the sun god halo around the "other Jesus" of 2Cor 11v4, the same Xmas & Easter Jesus that over 90% of so called Christian churches worship in!! That is how it should be, as God chose & predestined few. Hence most will disagree, & prefer to believe their pastor, rather than study for themselves, but hey! I've been there, & got the t-shirt.
    If God chooses you, at some point in your life, you will start to conform to Christ's likeness. Rom 8v29. Being born again is not a one time sinners prayer (which I did 25yrs ago), it is over a lifetime. Saved is sozo in Greek, meaning God will take you from point A to point B, & teach through the Holy Spirit in our hearts. There is no freewill to choose, we only have self-will, to satisfy the flesh, unless you live by the Spirit Rom 8v9.
    As you can tell, when talking about one subject, it opens up lots of other areas of God's Word, which confirms what the Truth is. More next time.....
    Last edited by peter john; 03-10-2019 at 06:43 AM.

No pre-trib rapture & no 1000yr reign after!

It seems most go along with a pre-trib rapture, but this is also false doctrine. Yeshua comes at the last (7th) trump, 1Cor 15v52, where we shall be changed, so we are raptured at that time (end of the 7yrs). The mystery of God is finished, (elect church completed) Rev 10v7. Time is at an end v6, so we go into eternity.
    It makes no sense there would be 2 raptures, & a 1000yrs after, for survivors on earth with no hope, as the church is complete. The answer being we are already in the millennium, & have been since Acts 2v17. As the 1000yrs in Rev 20 in the Greek is plural, so at least 2000yrs. When Acts 2v16 says this is that spoken by Joel, v17 "in the last days (2000yrs) I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh (gentile elect). Remember Peter saying a day is a thousand years, to the Lord 2Pet 3v8.
    Back to Rev 20v6, we are priests & kings (2 witnesses) & will reign with Christ 1000yrs (2000 from Acts). Next verse says in the english after the (2000)yrs, when it is really with, that satan is released, to deceive, which has already been for the last 40-60yrs, with the amount of false doctrine, & compromised churches, makes for a lot of deceit.
    Yeshua tops it all off by putting 1 foot on land & 1 on the sea, & declares no more time, hence eternity Rev10v2&6. Just to expand on the 2 witnesses that lots ponder if it is Moses & Elijah, the elect are the 2 witnesses, as we are priest & king Rev 1v6.
    I could expand more, but that is the gist of it, more next time.....

theworldahead1 Guest

What Is Often Overlooked When It Comes To Jesus Return!

When it comes to the return of Jesus Christ, and the specifics regarding when the kingdom is setup, how long it lasts, whether or not Christians are taken to heaven, etc; most have overlooked a large portion of Scripture, and only cherrypick the passages that validate their current beliefs. The overlooked portions of Scripture are the large amount of Old Testament prophecy, and the New Testament Kingdom Parables in the four gospel accounts. Another thing that gets overlooked because of this is that there are more than one future coming of Jesus Christ; there are at least two. It has been a pretty much universally held belief that will return to Jerusalem, 3 1/2 years (some say 7) of Great Tribulation takes place, millions die, then immediately after Jesus establishes the kingdom over the entire earth at that time. However, this is not what the Bible teaches. In order to understand any Biblical subject; one must get every verse that include it, starting with the clear ones, and then working through the more difficult ones. For example, let us look at two very different reactions to Jesus return; *{1) ?Thus says the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; and I will shake all nations, and the Desire of all nations [long understood to be Jesus Christ] shall come?? (Haggai 2:6-7). (Sidenote: Many people who identify as Christian are very desirous for Christ to return. While most know very little about it; they anticipate it more than ever before, because of worldwide character breakdown). Here?s the problem with this?and it?s a big one; the Book of Revelation depicts a very different reaction to Jesus appearance, 2) ?The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our LORD, and of His Christ; and He shall reign forever and ever?the nations were angry, and Your wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged?and [You] should destroy them which destroy the earth? (Revelation 11:15, 18).}What is being pictured here ?angry nations;? is incompatible with what is written in the Book of Haggai. God?s Word is never in contradiction with itself; so the flaw must be in the teachings on this subject. *The section of my reply contained within the {} is partiall quotes from the booklet ?How God?s Kingdom Will Come...The Untold Story!? ?David C. Pack
    You can find the entirety of this teaching at the following link: https://rcg.org/books/hgkwc.html

Predestination or freewill?

Let us start with defining the words; for those who believe in freewill, here is the definition- "the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion." In essence, meaning there is something in you that God cannot control. Whilst you can say, I can do or say anything, without God, that would be self-will, as echoed in 2Pet 2v10 "They are presumptuous, self-willed..." If you look for freewill, you will only find it in several places in the OT, referring to freewill offerings (voluntary).
    Now predestined is pro'orizo in Greek, meaning pro- before, and 'orizo- meaning where we get horizon from. The ' mark is the breath sound 'h', as there is no h in Greek. The horizon separates light from dark, as you could not see the horizon when it is dark, so it is God's boundary for His elect family. Those who are not elect cannot be predestined, because of the definition, so most of the world are pre-ordained, including most of so called Christianity, which is following the "other jesus" of 2Cor11v4.
    Many of you, like I did, thought I could accept Christ, say a sinners prayer, & become born again. That goes against Yeshua's words in Jn 15v16 "You did not choose Me, but I chose you..." Billy Graham echoed accept christ, & was hailed as one of the 20th century greats, by the world! Yet James 4v4 says "Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God".
    As I have said before, satan has already been released for some time, & is deceiving many, including enticing the elect! (like he did with Yeshua in the wilderness), but satan is God's servant, & can only go so far, as in the story of Job, when He laid the law down & said he must not take Job's life.
    You could see all of humanity are like robots, doing the will of the master, & carrying out His sovereign plan, as His Word does not change, & will be fulfilled with Yeshua's return. More to follow.....

Ref; What Is Often Overlooked When It Comes To Jesus Return!

Yet another doctrine, obviously claiming to be the truth, by David Pack, carrying on Herbert Armstrong's teaching. I have looked at the website, & all seems put together in a glossy collar & tie format, not unlike the prosperity gospelites, like Kenneth Copeland etc. After much waffling of things we all know, I find 2 glaring examples their church believe; 1- water baptism & 2- more than 1 return of Christ.
    As I said in my 1st post, at the top, the true baptism is blood, & is a daily dying to self. Eph 4v5 says 1 baptism, & cannot be water & blood. People then say Ah! what about Philip & the Ethiopian in Acts 8? That was proselyte water baptism, to become a citizen of Israel, & be heard, just as Yeshua did.
    As for more than 1 return, Yeshua comes at the last trump (7th), which is a war cry, at the end of the 7yr tribulation (Daniel's 70th week), the church then complete, not from Acts, but from Adam, as the church has always been spiritual Israel, most of literal Israel were going after other gods (baal & the grove-sun & moon gods). But God's family of Israel, from Adam to Israel (Jacob), in gematria, add up to exactly 7000, that is 22 generations names, making sure you use Abraham, not Abram, & use Israel, & not Jacob, now that is God arranging everything, & everyone.

Why do churches celebrate easter?

Over 90% of churches celebrate the pagan festivals of easter, xmas, etc. Is it because they worship the 'other jesus' of 2Cor 11v4? I believe so, he is the easy jesus, where you can go & confess once a week, & try to keep awake during the sermon, & then do what you like for the other 6 days.
    No English bible can be trusted to be translated correctly, as in the Greek, there are 22-27 ways of spelling words, depending on past, present or future tense, singular or plural, 1st,2nd or 3rd person, & masculine, feminine or neuter gender, + whether it is symbolic, metaphoric, as well as the customs & idioms of the time.
    Easter is in the KJV (not the NKJV) in Acts 12v4 translated from the Greek pascha, where every other time, it is translated passover! That goes to show the agenda the half protestant & half catholic translators had, to promote their doctrine.
    Easter comes from ishtar, estera, etc, the mythical ashtoreth female deities, much like venus & aphrodite, & named as a virgin goddess of the Spring. Constantine brought easter & xmas into the catholic church, to blend pagan & christian belief, so to please all, in his edict of toleration, that we have even more today, where you cannot discriminate against other religion, sexuality etc, or you will be locked up.
    It is a messed up world, so I look forward when Yeshua comes as Lord of Lords & King of Kings, at the last trump, & changes us into our eternal bodies, Amen.

144,000 & the 2 witnesses

Many years ago, whilst with the Jehovahs witnesses, they arrogantly thought that there were 144,000 witnesses, that would be in the heavenly realm, & were the only ones who could take of the communion, whilst the earthly ones had to admire from afar!
    Obviously, communion is wrong for everyone, as it is a ritual, like water baptism, & all rituals were nailed to the cross. Col2v14. Communion is literally eating Christ's body, according to catholics, & that's cannibalism. Interestingly, the priests of baal, in the OT, priest= kahan, & baal, make up the word, as they used to sacrifice kids in the fire, & eat the evidence! So the true essence of communion, is a daily fellowship with God & His elect, & blood baptism is a daily dying to self, & living by His Spirit.
    The 144,000 represents the church, 12 tribes, 12 disciples etc, but in Rev 7 Levi is there, along with Joseph, but Dan & Ephraim miss out. That's because God's elect are priest & king (2 witnesses) Rev1v6, hence Levi being there, who was not assigned any land. As this is spiritual Israel, & not literal Israel, this accounts for the differences. Joseph included as a type of Christ in many ways, but as Ephraim is literal Northern Israel, he is not included. Dan & his people went after other gods Judg18v30, & called a serpent in Gen49v17.
    So God's elect rule as priest & king, by His Spirit, but some will be martyred in the future 7yr tribulation, for speaking God's truth, that will be outlawed in the last 3 & half years, but we will continue speaking truth, as we are killed spiritually, And/or literally, as His 2 witnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by peter john View Post
    Many years ago, whilst with the Jehovahs witnesses, they arrogantly thought that there were 144,000 witnesses, that would be in the heavenly realm, & were the only ones who could take of the communion, whilst the earthly ones had to admire from afar!
    Obviously, communion is wrong for everyone, as it is a ritual, like water baptism, & all rituals were nailed to the cross. Col2v14. Communion is literally eating Christ's body, according to catholics, & that's cannibalism. Interestingly, the priests of baal, in the OT, priest= kahan, & baal, make up the word, as they used to sacrifice kids in the fire, & eat the evidence! So the true essence of communion, is a daily fellowship with God & His elect, & blood baptism is a daily dying to self, & living by His Spirit.
    The 144,000 represents the church, 12 tribes, 12 disciples etc, but in Rev 7 Levi is there, along with Joseph, but Dan & Ephraim miss out. That's because God's elect are priest & king (2 witnesses) Rev1v6, hence Levi being there, who was not assigned any land. As this is spiritual Israel, & not literal Israel, this accounts for the differences. Joseph included as a type of Christ in many ways, but as Ephraim is literal Northern Israel, he is not included. Dan & his people went after other gods Judg18v30, & called a serpent in Gen49v17.
    So God's elect rule as priest & king, by His Spirit, but some will be martyred in the future 7yr tribulation, for speaking God's truth, that will be outlawed in the last 3 & half years, but we will continue speaking truth, as we are killed spiritually, And/or literally, as His 2 witnesses.
    Good post. There are a couple of things that I would like to tweak on this. Of the '12' tribes representing the 144,000 at the End of The Age and representing 'The Church', is true. 'All Israel' of the Old Covenant were also, 'The Church'/The Body of God (ekklēsia), but under the Covenant of Death. The Remnant of the OC, becoming The New Creation to The New Covenant of Life. Dan was excluded because of the Evil and Sins committed by the whole nation of Dan. Pointing now to Joseph, he was promise a 'double portion' of the inheritance. Joseph was given the Birthright and The Blessing. Josephs first born being Manasseh, was not given The Birthright line, Ephraim was. Ephraim leading the 'House of Israel', was also called 'Israel'. Ephraim is not 'missing' from the 144,000, as it should be understood that at the timeline of the 'End of The Age' Ephraim would lead the Whole House of Israel and should be called 'Joseph' in reference to one of the 12 tribes.

imo. the Two 'Witnesses' are alluding to the Old Covenant as one 'Witness' and the Prophets as the other 'Witness'. Who were 'witnessing' 'against' Gods Elect and unElect ???? The Old Covenant (Law) and The Prophets. These were all 'Sons of God.... some, Sons of Light, and many Sons of Darkness.... but all being Sons of God of the OC. 'Some' believed in Jesus Christ and were saved unto life and most did not believed and repented and were given over to eternal judgment of being apart from God.

I am Not here on this post to get into a big debate, just how I see this at this point in time.

Blessings
    Brother Les

Thread Information