Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

49 Scrolls of the 66 Books

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I joined for the purpose of exploring this interesting question: the number of scrolls of the Biblical books. I know that there are 66 books, however scholars state that the actual number of scrolls is 49. Reading throughout this site and possessing some knowledge of the Hebrew letters and sacred symbology to begin with, I am well aware of the significance of the number 7 and that the perfect square of 7 is 49.

Is there a way in which the Bible Wheel might be interpreted in terms of the 49 scrolls in addition to being interpreted in terms of the 66 books?

Aside from that, are there any materials anyone would like to share to further illuminate on the meaning of the 49 scrolls and the seven sevens? Might anyone know also of Biblical passages or traditions where we find 49 or seven sevens that could possibly be related to scrolls? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I joined for the purpose of exploring this interesting question: the number of scrolls of the Biblical books. I know that there are 66 books, however scholars state that the actual number of scrolls is 49. Reading throughout this site and possessing some knowledge of the Hebrew letters and sacred symbology to begin with, I am well aware of the significance of the number 7 and that the perfect square of 7 is 49.

Is there a way in which the Bible Wheel might be interpreted in terms of the 49 scrolls in addition to being interpreted in terms of the 66 books?

Aside from that, are there any materials anyone would like to share to further illuminate on the meaning of the 49 scrolls and the seven sevens? Might anyone know also of Biblical passages or traditions where we find 49 or seven sevens that could possibly be related to scrolls? Thank you.
    Hey there Beatrice,

Welcome to our forum!

I don't know of any scholars that would say there were 49 "scrolls" but I am familiar with the book by E. L. Martin called "Restoring the Original Bible" in which he argued that the 66 books should be "counted" as 49 so as to arrive at this symmetric pattern:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Martin_Bible.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	937

I wrote a review of his book here.

In answer to your question, the pattern doesn't fit the Bible Wheel at all but rather destroys it because Martin invented a Bible with a different order that has never existed in the history of the world. The title of his book is therefore quite ironic since the supposedly "original" Bible that he said he was "restoring" never actually existed.

As for the numbers 7 and 7 x 7. The number 7 is most strongly related to the Menorah, which is a picture of the seven days of creation and is also highly correlated with the Bible Wheel:

I talk about this in chapter 3 of the Bible Wheel book.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Welcome here Beatrice,

Who said there are 49 scrolls?

Matthew 18:
    21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times:but, Until seventy times seven. 23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants...

þœ
    Last edited by Timmy; 08-27-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

66 Books and Significance of Sevens

Richard,

Thank you for you illuminating reply! After reading chapter 3 as you advised, I see exactly what you mean about Sevenfold Symmetry upon the Canon Wheel and the perfection of the Wheel consisting of the 66 books. As I mentioned I am familiar with the Hebrew letters and I do understand what you have set forth regarding the correspondence to the 22 Letters and the fact that there are 66 books in total, regardless of the ways some authors have suggested they were divided. In particular it was amazing to me that the only times that the Alpha and Omega are mentioned are in the books that correspond to the middle Aleph and the final Tav. Many such examples serve to validate the wheel. As a bit of a tangent, the Hebrew letters themselves have initials and finals as you know, so it is very possible that the position of the books in the wheel, whether initial or final may have some additional meaning.

I see what you mean that there being 66 books does not at all negate the importance of the number seven, and I cannot tell you how very much I enjoyed reading all the ways in which you have shown its high relevance, least of which is God's Day of Rest. I especially understood what you mentioned about the Menorah, and the Torah or law being the light and lamp. (I will have to go back and look up the Hebrew word for lamp and reflect on it.) I was familiar with the Feast of Weeks and the implications of that already, which is also seven times seven. As you know the Feast of Weeks is 49 days and it leads up to the day in which the Torah or lamp was actually given.

Timmy, thank you so much for your wonderful reply also, the scripture you provided is very beautiful and helpful. To answer your question, it is as Richard mentioned, E.L. Martin, and there is another author, Robert B. Scott who reference "49 scrolls". It confuses matters that they have used the terminology of scrolls because one wonders about actual scrolls and how many in number these might have been. What Richard has told me has made me realize it is not relevant, and a re-ordering which ultimately serves to create unnecessary confusion. It was good at least to be able to see what they were trying to do, however.

Also Timmy, I liked the examples you gave in your signature of Biblical persons to emulate. I agree and perhaps at some point you may like to add Ruth to the list.

Thank you and all the best!

Beatrice

Jim brown Guest

2520 the ark, 4000 to Jesus less 800 for Lord 888 for Jesus and 1470 for christ = 8888 the plan of salvation. JMB

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Hi everyone,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1POh...w?usp=drivesdk

49 means beautiful. 66 spirited- wheel rolling (Eze 10:10)
    God bless you
    God bless everyone. Bible Number Meanings 1-101+ on PDF
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1POhs6Pj0RuViFgj9IYakB3YdsCt295ro/view?usp=drivesdk

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Helder View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1POh...w?usp=drivesdk

49 means beautiful. 66 spirited- wheel rolling (Eze 10:10)
    God bless you
    Hi Rennie,

Welcome to our forum!

When you speak of 49 books, are you talking about this pattern invented by E. L. Martin?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restoredbible.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	1784

I compare and contrast this pattern with the Bible Wheel in my blog article called The Bible Wheel - Patternicity on Steroids. It serves as an excellent example of how people tend to make patterns to confirm what they want to believe. It really helped me break free from many mistaken beliefs.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information