Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Richard: Response to Your Email Request

Richard:

Thankyou for your reply and permission to use your material.

The conflict is expressed in New Testament posting: TR Scrivener and NA27. For example: Matthew 18:11 has a value in the former, but there is nothing registered for the latter as the text does not exist!

I have decided to use your posting of the Old Testament and TR Scrivener for the New.

Thankyou.

Blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Richard:

Thankyou for your reply and permission to use your material.

The conflict is expressed in New Testament posting: TR Scrivener and NA27. For example: Matthew 18:11 has a value in the former, but there is nothing registered for the latter as the text does not exist!

I have decided to use your posting of the Old Testament and TR Scrivener for the New.

Thankyou.

Blessings.
    Hi Alister,

Welcome to our forum!

The TR Scrivener and the NA27 differ because there are differences in the existing manuscripts so no one knows which, if any, accurately represent the "original." And there's even a question if there is an "original" since many of the NT documents look like they were cobbled together from bits and pieces of other texts. This is particularly obvious with the Gospels (the synoptic problem).

It really doesn't make sense to me to choose one particular variation of the Greek text like Scrivener's TR. Even when I believed that God had designed the Bible, I had to admit that he obviously hadn't provided a "perfect text". So my solution was to focus on those aspects of the text which had very little or no textual variations, like Genesis 1 and John 1.

So what kind of gematria are you interested in? Every seems to have a different take on that topic.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information