Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Proverbs 30, Deuteronomy 30, Book 30 Amos

Here's an overall look at Proverbs 30 and Book 30 Amos. I'll be going more into detail further down:
    Proverbs 30 and Amos 4:

H34 (mentioned 2 times),
    H113 (mentioned 2 times),
    H120 (mentioned 3 times),
    H398 (mentioned 4 times),
    H430 (mentioned 4 times),
    H559 (mentioned 5 times),
    H639 (mentioned 3 times),
    H776 (mentioned 6 times),
    H802 (mentioned 2 times),
    H1121 (mentioned 4 times),
    H1697 (mentioned 4 times),
    H1870 (mentioned 6 times),
    H2719 (mentioned 2 times),
    H3068 (mentioned 8 times),
    H3318 (mentioned 5 times),
    H3559 (mentioned 2 times),
    H3899 (mentioned 4 times),
    H4325 (mentioned 3 times),
    H4513 (mentioned 2 times),
    H5002 (mentioned 8 times),
    H5375 (mentioned 4 times),
    H5414 (mentioned 2 times),
    H5927 (mentioned 2 times),
    H7307 (mentioned 2 times),
    H7646 (mentioned 5 times),
    H7725 (mentioned 6 times),
    H7969 (mentioned 7 times),
    H8034 (mentioned 4 times),
    H8127 (mentioned 2 times),
    H8147 (mentioned 3 times),

Proverbs 30 and Amos 4
    in mentioning order:

H34 (mentioned 2 times),
    H113 (mentioned 2 times),
    H802 (mentioned 2 times),
    H2719 (mentioned 2 times),
    H3559 (mentioned 2 times),
    H4513 (mentioned 2 times),
    H5414 (mentioned 2 times),
    H7307 (mentioned 2 times),
    H8127 (mentioned 2 times),
    H120 (mentioned 3 times),
    H639 (mentioned 3 times),
    H4325 (mentioned 3 times),
    H8147 (mentioned 3 times),
    H398 (mentioned 4 times),
    H430 (mentioned 4 times),
    H1121 (mentioned 4 times),
    H1697 (mentioned 4 times),
    H3899 (mentioned 4 times),
    H5375 (mentioned 4 times),
    H8034 (mentioned 4 times),
    H559 (mentioned 5 times),
    H3318 (mentioned 5 times),
    H7646 (mentioned 5 times),
    H776 (mentioned 6 times),
    H1870 (mentioned 6 times),
    H7725 (mentioned 6 times),
    H7969 (mentioned 7 times),
    H3068 (mentioned 8 times),
    H5002 (mentioned 8 times),

Proverbs 30

1 The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal,

2 Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man.

3 I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy.

4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

7 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

10 Accuse not a servant unto his master, lest he curse thee, and thou be found guilty.

11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.

12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.

13 There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.

14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

15 The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:

16 The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

17 The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it.

18 There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not:

19 The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.

20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

21 For three things the earth is disquieted, and for four which it cannot bear:

22 For a servant when he reigneth; and a fool when he is filled with meat;

23 For an odious woman when she is married; and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress.

24 There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise:

25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer;

26 The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks;

27 The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands;

28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces.

29 There be three things which go well, yea, four are comely in going:

30 A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any;

31 A greyhound; an he goat also; and a king, against whom there is no rising up.

32 If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, lay thine hand upon thy mouth.

33 Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter, and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood: so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife.
    Amos 4

1 Hear this word, ye kine of Bashan, that are in the mountain of Samaria, which oppress the poor, which crush the needy, which say to their masters, Bring, and let us drink.

2 The Lord GOD hath sworn by his holiness, that, lo, the days shall come upon you, that he will take you away with hooks, and your posterity with fishhooks.

3 And ye shall go out at the breaches, every cow at that which is before her; and ye shall cast them into the palace, saith the LORD.

4 Come to Bethel, and transgress; at Gilgal multiply transgression; and bring your sacrifices every morning, and your tithes after three years:

5 And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim and publish the free offerings: for this liketh you, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

6 And I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities, and want of bread in all your places: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.

7 And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.

8 So two or three cities wandered unto one city, to drink water; but they were not satisfied: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.

9 I have smitten you with blasting and mildew: when your gardens and your vineyards and your fig trees and your olive trees increased, the palmerworm devoured them: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.

10 I have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword, and have taken away your horses; and I have made the stink of your camps to come up unto your nostrils: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.

11 I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.

12 Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.

13 For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name.

Too many highlights can be a distraction, so I'm going to break it down. Here is the first passages where they link:
    Proverbs 30

4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?
    Amos 4

12 Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.

13 For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name.

Proverbs 30:4 asks what is his name, and Amos 4:13 answers The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name.

Amos is the 30th book so Amos 4 can also be expressed this way 30:4 just as Proverbs 30:4.

But Amos 4 isn't the only part this is mentioned, but in Amos 5 and 9 as well.

Proverbs 30

Amos 5

8 Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name:

27 Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the LORD, whose name is The God of hosts.

Proverbs 30

Amos 9

2 Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:

3 And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them:

6 It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.

12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

Greg,

Since you have a program that finds all the Strong's number two chapters have in common, why don't you just run it on all possible combination of chapters? That way, you can see which are correlated the most strongly and you can then check if they align according to your hypothesis. This will give you real evidence for or against your hypothesis. Your cherry picking is a complete waste of time.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Greg,

Since you have a program that finds all the Strong's number two chapters have in common, why don't you just run it on all possible combination of chapters? That way, you can see which are correlated the most strongly and you can then check if they align according to your hypothesis. This will give you real evidence for or against your hypothesis. Your cherry picking is a complete waste of time.

All the best,

Richard
    Well, I'm looking, let's say Isaiah 2 with the entire book of Exodus. There are certain words in common throughout the book as you'll notice the same above, such as coming, going, enter, hear, son...but there are also certain words that appear 2 or 3 times between texts. And the number of words in common vary from chapter-to-chapter. At some point you see almost nothing and other places you'll see a lot of things in common that you have to get organized. I understand seeing too many highlighted things become a distraction. So in that case I would break it down. I mean, I would try to get some words appearing 2-3 times and then add some that appear commonly and see if there is a common theme or not. Research isn't always a hit.

Isaiah 2 and Exodus 24:

H2022 (mentioned 13 times),
    H5927 (mentioned 9 times),
    H7218 (mentioned 2 times),

Isaiah 2 and Exodus 24
    in mentioning order:

H7218 (mentioned 2 times),
    H5927 (mentioned 9 times),
    H2022 (mentioned 13 times),

Isaiah 2

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

14 And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,
    Exodus 24

4 And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

13 And Moses rose up, and his minister Joshua: and Moses went up into the mount of God.

15 And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount.

16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

17 And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.

18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

I'm trying to update the colors but the forum is always reverting to the old colors.
    Last edited by gilgal; 10-03-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    I'm trying to update the colors but the forum is always reverting to the old colors.
    Yeah, that's a problem I've noticed. If you edit a post a twice, the second time it will show the text as it was before you edited the first time. You can fix this by hitting F5 to refresh the page after opening the editor. It's a problem with the way the browsers cache the data. It didn't happen before I moved to the new host, so there's some setting on the new host I need to change. I'll let you know when I fix it.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Deuteronomy 30 and Proverbs 30

Coming back to the subject here are the similarities between Deuteronomy 30 and Proverbs 30:
    Deuteronomy 30 and Proverbs 30:

H1697 (mentioned 5 times),
    H3220 (mentioned 3 times),
    H6310 (mentioned 3 times),
    H8064 (mentioned 6 times),

Deuteronomy 30 and Proverbs 30
    in mentioning order:

H3220 (mentioned 3 times),
    H6310 (mentioned 3 times),
    H1697 (mentioned 5 times),
    H8064 (mentioned 6 times),

Deuteronomy 30

12 [COLOR=rgb(153, 0, 204)]It is not in heaven,[/COLOR] that thou shouldest say,[COLOR="rgb(204, 255, 255)"] Who shall go up[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(153, 0, 204)] for us to heaven,[/COLOR] and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

13 Neither is it beyond[COLOR=rgb(204, 102, 255)] the sea,[/COLOR] that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over[COLOR=rgb(204, 102, 255)] the sea[/COLOR] for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

14 [COLOR=rgb(153, 102, 255)]But the word[/COLOR] is very nigh[COLOR=rgb(255, 51, 255)] unto thee, in thy mouth,[/COLOR] and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
    Proverbs 30

4 [COLOR=rgb(204, 255, 255)]Who hath ascended up[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(153, 0, 204)] into heaven,[/COLOR] or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

19 The way of an eagle[COLOR=rgb(153, 0, 204)] in the air;[/COLOR] the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst[COLOR=rgb(204, 102, 255)] of the sea;[/COLOR] and the way of a man with a maid.

20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth[COLOR=rgb(255, 51, 255)] her mouth,[/COLOR] and saith, I have done no wickedness.

32 If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, lay thine hand[COLOR=rgb(255, 51, 255)] upon thy mouth.[/COLOR]

Since there's difficulty over the coding, here's my blog page on the subject:
    http://gilgalsbiblewheel.blogspot.co...ronomy-30.html

Thread Information