Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The number 16 and Zechariah

The book of Zechariah falls on the 16th spoke. Also check this out. I wonder if there is more to this:
    2Chronicles 26
    3 Sixteen years old was Uzziah when he began to reign, and he reigned fifty and two years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Jecoliah of Jerusalem.
    4 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Amaziah did.
    5 And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    The book of Zechariah falls on the 16th spoke. Also check this out. I wonder if there is more to this:
    2Chronicles 26
    3 Sixteen years old was Uzziah when he began to reign, and he reigned fifty and two years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Jecoliah of Jerusalem.
    4 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Amaziah did.
    5 And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.
    Hey there Gilgal,

That's an interesting link. It is amplified by the fact that Uzziah is mentioned by name in the book of Zechariah:

Zechariah 14:5-6
    And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
    I have seen similar things in other books. One of the most intriguing examples is the coordinated debut of the Number 14 and the word "Hebrew"- both of which first occur in Chapter 14 of Genesis. Of couse, the Book of Hebrews is on Spoke 14, and it is there that we we learn about Melchizedek who also first appears in Genesis 14. This is an extremely tight matrix of associated meanings.

I'll keep my eyes open for other correlations.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

2Chronicles 16 and Zechariah

RAM mentioned about this in his articles but there's something more:
    Looking for:
    run to and fro,,through + the whole earth
    2 Chronicles 16
    1 In the six and thirtieth year of the reign of Asa Baasha king of Israel came up against Judah, and built Ramah, to the intent that he might let none go out or come in to Asa king of Judah.
    2 Then Asa brought out silver and gold out of the treasures of the house of the LORD and of the king's house, and sent to Benhadad king of Syria, that dwelt at Damascus, saying,
    3 There is a league between me and thee, as there was between my father and thy father: behold, I have sent thee silver and gold; go, break thy league with Baasha king of Israel, that he may depart from me.
    4 And Benhadad hearkened unto king Asa, and sent the captains of his armies against the cities of Israel; and they smote Ijon, and Dan, and Abelmaim, and all the store cities of Naphtali.
    5 And it came to pass, when Baasha heard it, that he left off building of Ramah, and let his work cease.
    6 Then Asa the king took all Judah; and they carried away the stones of Ramah, and the timber thereof, wherewith Baasha was building; and he built therewith Geba and Mizpah.
    7 And at that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah, and said unto him, Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the LORD thy God, therefore is the host of the king of Syria escaped out of thine hand.
    8 Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubims a huge host, with very many chariots and horsemen? yet, because thou didst rely on the LORD, he delivered them into thine hand.
    9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
    10 Then Asa was wroth with the seer, and put him in a prison house; for he was in a rage with him because of this thing. And Asa oppressed some of the people the same time.
    11 And, behold, the acts of Asa, first and last, lo, they are written in the book of the kings of Judah and Israel.
    12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.
    13 And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.
    14 And they buried him in his own sepulchres, which he had made for himself in the city of David, and laid him in the bed which was filled with sweet odorous and divers kinds of spices prepared by the apothecaries' art: and they made a very great burning for him.
    Looking for:
    run to and fro,,through + the whole earth
    Zechariah 4
    1 And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep.
    2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
    3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
    4 So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
    5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
    6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
    7 Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
    8 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
    9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.
    10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.
    11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
    12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
    13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
    14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth.
    I wonder if the the whole earth has any significance in spoke 16?

2Chronicles 26
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey there Gilgal,

That's an interesting link. It is amplified by the fact that Uzziah is mentioned by name in the book of Zechariah:

Zechariah 14:5-6
    And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
    Hey, I want to add something here. The Bible Book that presents the largest body of information on Uzziah is Book 14, 2 Chronicles. And the reference to Uzziah in Zecharia is on Chapter 14! That sounds interesting to me.

Spoke 16: Uzziah and Zechariah

Uzziah was first named Azariah in the Bible. There's a short account of his kingship in 2 Kings. There's a very similar association there between the name Zechariah and Spoke 16 just as the one above in the opening post. Check it out:
    2Ki 15:8 In the thirty and eighth year of Azariah [= Uzziah] king of Judah did Zachariah the son of Jeroboam reign over Israel in Samaria six months.
    This time another "Zachariah" is mentioned (just as in 2 Chronicles 26) in connection with a number on Spoke 16: the Number 38. And that number just happens to be the ordinal position of the prophet going by the same name: Zechariah is Book 38!

We have therefore a triple convergence (2Ki 15:8, 2Ch 26:3-5; Zec 14:5) of the same ideas involving (a) the person of King Azariah/Uzziah, (b) the name of Zechariah and (c) Spoke 16 (numbers 16 and 38)!

By the way, there's only one occasion in the Bible that people going by the name of Uzziah and Zechariah are mentioned together: in Book 16!

Nehemiah 11:4
    And at Jerusalem dwelt certain of the children of Judah, and of the children of Benjamin. Of the children of Judah; Athaiah the son of Uzziah, the son of Zechariah, the son of Amariah, the son of Shephatiah, the son of Mahalaleel, of the children of Perez.

Correlation between Zechariah and Sixteen on the Wheel and 2 Kings

Note that the title of this thread is "the number 16 and Zechariah". If we search for the word "Zechariah" in the first cycle of the Bible Wheel (Gen-Song), we will find that it appears in the following books:

Book 13
    Book 14
    Book 15
    Book 16

Now let's take the Inner Cycle of 2 Kings. If we search for the word "sixteen" we will find that it appears in the following chapters:

Chapter 13
    Chapter 14
    Chapter 15
    Chapter 16

We have a direct and precise correlation! And please note that both sequences end up in book/chapter 16!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Uzziah was first named Azariah in the Bible. There's a short account of his kingship in 2 Kings. There's a very similar association there between the name Zechariah and Spoke 16 just as the one above in the opening post. Check it out:

This time another "Zachariah" is mentioned (just as in 2 Chronicles 26) in connection with a number on Spoke 16: the Number 38. And that number just happens to be the ordinal position of the prophet going by the same name: Zechariah is Book 38!

We have therefore a triple convergence (2Ki 15:8, 2Ch 26:3-5; Zec 14:5) of the same ideas involving (a) the person of King Azariah/Uzziah, (b) the name of Zechariah and (c) Spoke 16 (numbers 16 and 38)!
    Wow!

Speaking of 13 -16 I wonder if there's any significance with 10-13 where it spells meleki. Since on the book level there are the book of kings and the pastoral epistles lining up I wonder if the chapters 10-13 in any book bears such high significance as well.

Wow!

Speaking of 13 -16 I wonder if there's any significance with 10-13 where it spells meleki. Since on the book level there are the book of kings and the pastoral epistles lining up I wonder if the chapters 10-13 in any book bears such high significance as well.
    I just started a thread on that subject. It is called Alphabetic Integration with Kingship (Malki) in the Inner Cycle of Joshua.

The pair Uzziah-Zechariah on alternating Spokes of the Wheel

Interestingly, the link between Books 13-16 and 2 Kings 13-16 above is made possible because the "Zachariah" mentioned in 2 Kings is spelled in the KJV in a way that differs from the standard Zechariah (the Hebrew is the same).

But even if we take the Hebrew the link is still essentially the same, with only a slight difference. Zachariah/Zechariah appears in:

Book 12
    Book 13
    Book 14
    Book 15
    Book 16

And "sixteen" appears in:

Book 12
    Chapter 13
    Chapter 14
    Chapter 15
    Chapter 16

It is very curious that the only book that mentions "Zachariah" happens to be Book 12 and not some other. It performs the "function" of "chapter 12" in the second sequence above. Book 12 is thus the common fountainhead of the thread uniting Sixteen and Zechariah.

But there's some more. In the posts above we mentioned several joint-occurrences of the names Uzziah and Zechariah. They really seem to often go together! If we search the Bible for these two names within 3 verses of each other, we'll find three alternating Books:

Thread of Uzziah-Zechariah on OT History
    1 Kings - 2 Kings - 1 Chronicles - 2 Chronicles - Ezra - Nehemiah - Esther

This a symmetric pattern interwoven in the structure of the Bible.

Thread Information