Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Crack cocaine and methamphetamine addiction recovery

Hello Richard, I wanted to share my experience from about 17 years ago or so. I came back to your website because I remember how important it was to me 2002 to 2004. A series of events in my life involving hard drug addiction, and my pleading with God to help me led to my cleaning up my life. Now I am married with three kids, have a nice place to live and I also help others in need. When I read your work and interacted with you about 17 years ago, it was very important in my recovery. There are many details that I could share but it is also very personal, and there is some vulnerability there. I believe God is trustworthy and we can't compare Him to humans, because He gives life as well as takes it away. I know He doesn't always do what we want or expect, and many things are very hard to understand, but know that He does hear. If I don't have God, what else is there? I don't have anything else that I would turn to.
    All the best, Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Carter Wesenberg View Post
    Hello Richard, I wanted to share my experience from about 17 years ago or so. I came back to your website because I remember how important it was to me 2002 to 2004. A series of events in my life involving hard drug addiction, and my pleading with God to help me led to my cleaning up my life. Now I am married with three kids, have a nice place to live and I also help others in need. When I read your work and interacted with you about 17 years ago, it was very important in my recovery. There are many details that I could share but it is also very personal, and there is some vulnerability there. I believe God is trustworthy and we can't compare Him to humans, because He gives life as well as takes it away. I know He doesn't always do what we want or expect, and many things are very hard to understand, but know that He does hear. If I don't have God, what else is there? I don't have anything else that I would turn to.
    All the best, Dan
    Hi Dan,

Welcome to our forum!

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Did we interact years ago, or were you just silently reading material on this site?

I understand how belief in God could help turn your life around. I have no problem with that. But I don't see how anyone could call him "trustworthy" since as far as i know, there is not one thing anyone can actually trust him to do for them or their loved ones in this life. So what exactly do you think it means to say he is "trustworthy"? If your child is sick, can you trust him to heal? I know you can hope, and you can pray, but can you actually "trust" that God will do anything to heal? Nope.

Here's the thing - if God were actually trustworthy, there would be no doubt about his existence, right? No one can doubt the existence of a thing or person that is actually trustworthy.

Looking forward to an interesting discussion!

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information