Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Single Molecule Images: IBM Scientists Capture Photographs Showing Chemical Bonds

This is a fascinating breakthrough that shows the actual structure of molecules:

Single Molecule Images: IBM Scientists Capture Closest Photographs Showing Chemical Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by Huffington Post
    A team of IBM scientists--known for capturing the first close-up image of a single molecule in 2009--now have revealed incredibly detailed microscopic images that show the individual chemical bonds between atoms.

How did they get such remarkable close-ups? Using an atomic force microscope, the scientists were able to capture two images, using two different contrast mechanisms. These images not only illustrate the structure of individual nanographene molecules but also how atoms are bound together.

The research, which published in the Sept. 14 issue of Science magazine, is significant in furthering the study of graphene devices, which could potentially be used to replace existing technologies like microchips. The findings may also contribute to research tracking the paths of electrons during chemical reactions.

"We found two different contrast mechanisms to distinguish bonds. The first one is based on small differences in the force measured above the bonds," IBM scientist Leo Gross said in a written statement. "The second contrast mechanism really came as a surprise: Bonds appeared with different lengths in AFM measurements. With the help of ab initio calculations we found that the tilting of the carbon monoxide molecule at the tip apex is the cause of this contrast."
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I think that was taken in 2008, I don't see much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ellsworth View Post

I think that was taken in 2008, I don't see much difference.
    That's a pretty cool pic. Those crop circle folks really put their heart and soul into their art.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Absolutely facinating and mindboggling.
    Wonderful Design Design Design Design.
    Reminds me of the heart and soul of God who put his love into every creature, flower, food etc that he has made....It delights us and makes the taste buds dance.

cf. Name:  10._He17.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  36.7 KB

which is an image of the number 733 = (7 x 73) + (6 x 37)

733 is gematria of לַבַּת-אֵשׁ, "labbat-esh", flame of fire, Exodus 3:2,
    And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush

It being in a sphere "beyond speech", since Exodus 3:1 has אַחַר הַמִּדְבָּר, "achar hamidbar", and "midbar" can mean desert but also speech.

This reminds me of the structure of a single snowflake...such beauty falls to the ground in their millions totally unnoticed.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/s...tos/photos.htm

Quote Originally Posted by weeder View Post
    This reminds me of the structure of a single snowflake...such beauty falls to the ground in their millions totally unnoticed.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/s...tos/photos.htm
    Isaiah 1:18,
    . Come now, let us debate, says the Lord. If your sins prove to be like crimson, they will become white as snow; if they prove to be as red as crimson dye, they shall become as wool.

Rashi:
    Come now, let us debate: together, I and you, and we will know who offended whom, and if you offended Me, I still give you hope to repent.

If your sins prove to be like crimson
    : Stained before Me like crimson red, I will make them as white as snow.

says the Lord: [The verb is in the future form to denote that] He always says this to you, like: (Num. 9: 20) “By the word of the Lord they would camp (יַחֲנוּ) ,” also a future form. Another explanation is: Come now, let us debate. What is written above this? “Cease to do evil; learn to do good.” And after you return to Me, come now, and let us debate together, to notify Me, “We have done what is incumbent upon us; You do what is incumbent upon You;” and I say, “If your sins prove to be like crimson, they will become white as snow…”

as crimson dye: Heb. תּוֹלָע, lit. a worm. Dye with which they dye fabrics red. They are kernels, each one of which has a worm inside it. Hence the name תּוֹלָע.
    snow = שֶּׁלֶג. in numbers 300-30-3, exactly half of 600-60-6
    Last edited by sylvius; 09-19-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    That's a pretty cool pic. Those crop circle folks really put their heart and soul into their art.
    No kidding, you think they were trying to tell us something

Recognize it

How about now

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Isaiah 1:18,
    . Come now, let us debate, says the Lord. If your sins prove to be like crimson, they will become white as snow; if they prove to be as red as crimson dye, they shall become as wool.

Rashi:

snow = שֶּׁלֶג. in numbers 300-30-3, exactly half of 600-60-6

How did you react when you viewed my link?
    Anyone else gobsmacked by the beauty of these things, and no two snowflakes are alike .
    Manmade snow doesnt come close

Quote Originally Posted by weeder View Post
    Absolutely facinating and mindboggling.
    Wonderful Design Design Design Design.
    Reminds me of the heart and soul of God who put his love into every creature, flower, food etc that he has made....It delights us and makes the taste buds dance.
    Ever hear the phrase "nature red in tooth and claw"? Kinda puts the lie to God putting his "love into every creature" doesn't it? The famous line comes from Alfred Lord Tennyson's In Memoriam A. H. H., 1850. The quotation comes in Canto 56 (it is a very long poem) and refers to man ...
    Who trusted God was love indeed
    And love Creation's final law
    Tho' Nature, red in tooth and claw
    With ravine, shriek'd against his creed
    Read that slowly and thoughtfully ....

Check out my blog site

Thread Information