Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MYSTERY 17

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Do you think Adam was a real person who actually existed at a time in the past?
    you evade the question

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    you evade the question
    You evade the question.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Adam lived 130 years until he fathered Set

After that he lived 800 years

So he lived 930 years.
    Do you believe that Adam was a real person who actually lived 930 years?
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

You evade the question.
    The name Adam does mean "ani domeh" = I am ike, I do resemble.

Name given by God to the man he created.

Do you believe that Adam was a real person who actually lived 930 years?
    We all are Adam

The name Adam does mean "ani domeh" = I am ike, I do resemble.

Name given by God to the man he created.
    Where did you get that? Most people say Adam means "earth" (adamah) from which he was supposedly made.

But still ... you evade the question.

Check out my blog site

We all are Adam
    I'll take that as a "no."

Thanks.

Check out my blog site

Where did you get that? Most people say Adam means "earth" (adamah) from which he was supposedly made.

But still ... you evade the question.
    http://www.hebreeuwseacademie.nl/ind...ish&pid=tradam

Adam and Adamah

Linguistically the word Adam, ?man?, is often related to the word ?earth?, viz. adamah. It is said (as linguists often conclude superficially) that Adam was so called because he had been taken from the earth. Yet this is essentially completely wrong, also linguistically. Indeed, the word ?man?, Adam, comes from the word ?I resemble?, so resemblance. This means to say that man was made in the likeness of God. The word ?likeness? has the same stem as ?man?; so the essential of man is not that he was taken from the earth but that he resembles God, like God said at Creation that He would create man to his image and likeness. Accordingly the word ?adamah?, earth, comes from ?man?. It is the feminine form of ?man?, and the woman is always younger than the man, comes after the man, and through man the earth is indeed deified, brought to God. It is not so that the earth forms man, but man must form the earth.

It is typical to see that this linguistic error is made in times of materialism, when the feminine side of man, this earthly life, is emphasized. But in times when it is known that man is also divine, that indeed the divine in man is the determining factor, it never occurred to people to say that Adam comes from adamah, because it was very well known that the feminine was derived from the male, and that the man does not have to conform to the woman.

I'll take that as a "no."

Thanks.
    Why then he should have lived a literal 930 (+/- 1-6 months) years?

http://www.hebreeuwseacademie.nl/ind...ish&pid=tradam

It is typical to see that this linguistic error is made in times of materialism, when the feminine side of man, this earthly life, is emphasized. But in times when it is known that man is also divine, that indeed the divine in man is the determining factor, it never occurred to people to say that Adam comes from adamah, because it was very well known that the feminine was derived from the male, and that the man does not have to conform to the woman.
    Ha! Well known fact? That's hilarious.

I agree that it is a well known ASSUMPTION common to ancient mythological/symbolic systems, but it certainly is nothing like a "fact." Men quite literally come from women (their mothers). And it could be argued that the fetus begins as female and later differentiates to be male because of the x chromosome (though this point can be debated).

Why do you think men have nipples?

Paul stumbled over his own words on this point when he was trying to justify the patriarchal hierarchy of Christianity when he said (1 Cor 11:12) "For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman."

Check out my blog site

Thread Information