Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

Closed Thread
Page 84 of 117 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmild View Post
    Yeah the fallen Angels could have known that one. But fair enough.

I can also play this game Richard since that was not codes.

Here is a verse that describes electrical communication in the time of Job. Since God told him:
    Job 38:35
    Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?
    light and electricity is the same thing in different forms. What God told us here was communication through electricity is possible.
    that did not come to us until the late 1800's.

But ok. That was one code of the speed of light.
    It seems to me that lightning could say "here we are" because it is visible, not because electricity can be used to send messages with modern technology.

Is there a reason we should think it was speaking about modern technology?

It is interesting that Muslims use the same kind of interpretation as you to claim that the Quran is full of ancient prophecies of modern technology. I've never seen even one example from any ancient text that I thought was legitimate.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Eternal things go quicker than light, they don't need time to go from here to there
    From the point of view of a photon, it takes no time at all to travel from point A to point B because the proper time is ZERO.

In other words, photons do not experience "time" ...

https://phys.org/news/2014-05-does-l...ence-time.html
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Here is a question if there is a correlation between light and electricity https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-cor...nd-electricity

Here is the answer
    I really like this question since you have picked two of the most different forms of energy known to science. Let?s start with electricity since it?s the simplest and most useful form of energy. In fact, most of the world as we know it, would end without electricity. The electron is the key here, of course. It?s best understood as a relatively light negatively-charged atomic particle. But it can also exist as a waveform , but let?s stay with the discrete particle mode and the planet-like atom model (phyicist may be groaning). Electrons are zipping around the central and positively charged nucleus. The atom is neutral but we want electricity. If we agree that electricity is just the flow of electrons, we need to pry them away from the atom and let them flow through a conductor. We will also admit that electricity can be defined as the flow of positive charges, such as ions, but let?s stay with just the electron.
    Light, Photons, Electricity are connected to each other. So I guess that verse in Job is debatable since you don't agree.

Light, Photons, Electricity are connected to each other. So I guess that verse in Job is debatable since you don't agree.
    I'm glad you think it's debatable, though I don't see it that way. I think there is no reason whatsoever to think that Job was talking about modern wireless communications. The fact that things are "connected" does not mean that the ancient writing was speaking of the connection that modern people with modern knowledge can see. If we assume they were, then almost all ancient writings could be read as "prophecies" which would be quite ridiculous.

This actually seems to be the primary error in your logic in general. You seem to think that any "connection" implies intent. So when you find "connections" in a book you reject, like the Book of Mormon, you still think they were intentional, but that Satan rather than God did it. I think it is much more rational to recognize that those connections are mere coincidences that could be found in any random text. There is no reason to think any of it was intentionally designed.

Check out my blog site

This guys disagrees and he has all the technical details here. It starts at 7:20

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    From the point of view of a photon, it takes no time at all to travel from point A to point B because the proper time is ZERO.

In other words, photons do not experience "time" ...

https://phys.org/news/2014-05-does-l...ence-time.html
    I don't get that

When they do not experience time they cannot disappear.
    Last edited by sylvius; 07-23-2019 at 10:59 AM.

This guys disagrees and he has all the technical details here. It starts at 7:20
    Yeah, but those arguments are easy to debunk.

The Muslims do the same thing with the Quran but you don't think it proves that book.

Do you think you have a double standard?

Check out my blog site

i thought this statement of Rashi on Genesis 1:1 was about time verus eternity

"God created" -- why was it not written "Hashem created"?

For in the beginning it was His intention to create it with the Divine Standard of Justice, but he perceived that the world would not endure; so He preceded it with the Divine Standard of Mercy, allying it with the Divine Standard of Justice
    he preceded it = "hikdim" from "kadam"= to precede, come before.

he preceded time with eternity.

https://twitter.com/search?q=precede...rc=typed_query

and don't get that

When they do not experience time they cannot disappear.
    The only "disappear" to beings that experience time. Google it.

Check out my blog site

i thought this statement of Rashi on Genesis 1:1 was about time verus eternity

he preceded it = "hikdim" from "kadam"= to precede, come before.

he preceded time with eternity.

https://twitter.com/search?q=precede...rc=typed_query
    That doesn't make sense because to "precede" implies time, so you seem to be saying that you had time before you time ...

Check out my blog site

Closed Thread

Thread Information