Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

Closed Thread
Page 70 of 117 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1162
  1. #691
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    About the number 216 he said:

    "I once hoped much from this number, as it is the cube of 6. But I fear it only expresses the fixity of mind. anyhow it all came to no good. But we have DBIR, connected with DBR, adding the Secret Phallic Power"

    that's not so bad, since it might be proof of the fact that the author of the gospel of John had the numbers of Genesis 1:1 in mind when he wrote Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος
    since λόγος= "davar" = word ; "d'vir" = wordplace (name of the holy of holies)


    and 216 is the outline of triangle 73
    I see how 216 connects with Genesis 1:1 but how does it connect to John 1:1 other than the fact that logos (= 373) corresponds to dabir = 206) which can be "connected" to dabir (holy place) = 216? Starting to look like a bit of a stretch, no?

    And do you really think that the logos is "phalic"? Do you share that obsession with sex-fiend Crowley?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmild View Post
    Yes well it is a very important number and it suits perfectly to demonstrate how important 777 is.
    This is me being quite progressive, I do it since Richard called my codes "meaningless".

    Maybe I should step down a bit now. I can kind of continue until someone snaps me out of it or I snap myself out of it.
    But I have to admit that i like the progressive style.
    I didn't merely "call" your codes meaningless. I explained, in excruciating detail, why they are meaningless, and you have never even tried to answer because you know you cannot answer.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmild View Post
    I see you still are on the ignorant side Sylvius since you are calling 117 "my number". It has everything to do with 777.
    Well you know I have endless of proof here, Let me demonstrate further.

    In Vs(117 "Seven Seven Seven"/"The Seal of God" = 7 + 37 + 73)
    Hey there Alex,

    I agree with sylvius. The number 117 most certainly is "your number" because 10 x 117 is the value of "TOTAL BULLSHIT" (English std) as I explained in post #41 of this thread. Here it is again for your edification:

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Desmild View Post
    But I don't think the main reason for number 137 being in verse nr 95 is 22 + 73, but it is a connection though

    I think the main reason is:

    37 is first found as the First word in verse nr 56 "Light" (A=1 B=2 C=3)
    137 is first found in the Last word of verse nr 95 "The Torah" (A=1 B=2 C=3)
    OK Desmild, I will follow your lead and use your method to see what God encoded in his Most Excellent Word. I start with the idea that he is an ironic God and so designed it to show that numerology is "TOTAL BULLSHIT". We immediately see a hint of design when we compare its numerical values using the "ordinal" and "standard" methods championed by Bill Downie (as explained here). Here's the table he made to show the two methods:

    Attachment 1506

    We have:

    TOTAL BULLSHIT = 171 (o) and 1170 (s)

    Look at that! It's a miracle! The same digits are found in both the ordinal and standard calculations. We know God designed this because God (s) = 71! But there's more! God designed the Bible using this value, because verse number 171 is Genesis 7:11!!!

    Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

    Look at that! Look at the day of the month! SEVENTEEN! Riddle Riddle! And look at the values of these words found in that verse:

    fountains (o) = 119 = 7 x 17
    broken up (o) = 102 = 6 x 17

    Now go to verse 1170 and behold another miracle ... It contains SEVENTEEN words in Hebrew!

    Gen 39:20 And Joseph's master took him, and put him into the prison a place where the king's prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison .

    The total value of this verse is 4373 (a prime). We know God designed this because 4373 => (4+3)(7+3) = 710 => 71!!! But there's more! There is only one other verse in the Torah that sums to this value in Hebrew gemtria. It is ... wait for it ... Leviticus 17:11!!!!

    Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

    And can you guess what verse number Leviticus 17:11 is? It's 3247. At first, it might not seem significant, but when we factor it, we find this:

    Leviticus 17:11 = vs #3247 = 191 x 17 = 17 x 17 x (3 + 7) + 17 x (3 x 7)

    Look at that! If this isn't absolute proof that God designed his Bible to reveal that numerology is "TOTAL BULLSHIT" I don't know what could be.

    Have a great day!


    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #694
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Thanks Chris! The +1 seems appropriate. Its easy to make up absurd patterns using gematria. That's one of the easiest ways to show it is meaningless.

    And welcome to our forum!



    I had a lot of fun with that example because it reveals the absurdity of numerology.

    I worked really hard to avoid the more obvious errors back in the day when I believed in it, but still it is based on the fundamental cognitive errors of selection bias (cherry picking) and confirmation bias. I tried to avoid those errors by sticking mostly to "self-reflective" structure where I made connections with the numerical structure of a verse with the meanings of the words found within the verse but even that failed ultimately. I never came close to the kind of random stuff that Desmild does. I saw that as obviously absurd and meaningless even when I believed that God had designed the Bible using gematria.

    Great chatting,

    Richard
    Nameste

    I have found it a paradox. When you say it is, it's not. When you say it's not it is. Cherry picking is a hard task master. For myself when you stop cherry picking to keep it real you begin cherry picking to keep it false. A continuing journey and at times it did kind of messed with my head..

    Beauty in the eye of the beholder. Thank you for keeping your site up Shalom.

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Nameste

    I have found it a paradox. When you say it is, it's not. When you say it's not it is. Cherry picking is a hard task master. For myself when you stop cherry picking to keep it real you begin cherry picking to keep it false. A continuing journey and at times it did kind of messed with my head..

    Beauty in the eye of the beholder. Thank you for keeping your site up Shalom.
    I see your point since people trying to prove a point will "cherry pick" the best data to support their case. But that seems quite different than making "cherry picking" the foundation of your claims. Case in point: Numerology is based fundamentally on cherry picking in the sense that you start with a long list of all words that share the same numeric value and then pick out the ones that fit a pattern you want to emphasize.

    The primary problem with cherry picking is that it does not represent all the data. Take science as a counter example. If I have a theory of gravity, it should account for all facts. If it does not, then it is not a complete theory. And it takes only ONE FACT that contradicts the theory to prove it false. Numerology is nothing like this.

    Now it is possible that there are "archetypal" patterns to numbers. For example, there could be a natural connection between the number 2 and the concept of division or the number 5 and the concept of life, etc., but it is very difficult to establish such things and numerologists often disagree.

    Where do you stand on all this? In your first post you seemed to give some credence to a numerological coincidence. It would be interesting to discuss it.

    Great chatting!

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I see how 216 connects with Genesis 1:1 but how does it connect to John 1:1 other than the fact that logos (= 373) corresponds to dabir = 206) which can be "connected" to dabir (holy place) = 216? Starting to look like a bit of a stretch, no?

    And do you really think that the logos is "phalic"? Do you share that obsession with sex-fiend Crowley?
    "b'reishit bara" ( Genesis 1:1) matches "b'hibaram" (in Genesis 2:4).

    Or you can say "reishit" matches the letter "hey" that was added to the name Abram to make him Abraham, the father of a multitude of gentiles (and to "shishi" in Genesis 1:31)

    Abraham's namechange goes together with the circumcising of himself and of all the 318 members of his household, and of Ismael.

    "b'hibaram" is the 474th word of the bible. 474 = "da'at" = sexual knowledge.

    You can see it as the last word of the first story of creation.

    Mark 4:14,
    ὁ σπείρων τὸν λόγον σπείρει.
    the sower sows the word

    so the word = seed = σπέρμα

    https://biblehub.com/greek/4690.htm

    sperm is male -- the king is the owner of it.

    The king is the one who is crowned

    crown = "atarah" = glans

    (when the zippers of your trousers are open they say: "look out, the king is walking away")

    (that is also why the king of the Chess-play is very hidden)

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    8
    I find God always has plausible deniability. So personally I am back to beauty in the eye of the beholder and possibly placebo effect but I hear the placebo effect is a scientific thing.

  8. #698
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    John 20:27,

    Then he said to Thomas,"Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe."


    which was written to indicate that the resurrected one (= the original Adam) was circumcised

    ( and not because he should have been nailed to a cross, since that's historically rather uncertain )

    side = πλευρά

    which is by which LXX translates the place from where The woman was taken, Genesis 2:21, και επεβαλεν ο θεος εκστασιν επι τον αδαμ και υπνωσεν και ελαβεν μιαν των πλευρων αυτου και ανεπληρωσεν σαρκα αντ' αυτης

    and he filled up (with) flesh in its place

    flesh = Hebrew "basar" -- which (here) denotes the male organ.

    Rashi on Genesis 17:1,
    Another explanation: ?and be perfect? - Now you are missing [control over] five organs: two eyes, two ears, and the male organ. I will add a letter to your name, and the numerical value of your letters [of your name] will be 248, corresponding to the number of your organs (Tan. Lech Lecha 16, Ned. 32b).
    male organ "rosh hag'viyah" = ראש הגויה the head of the body

    "goyim" - bodily, physical people

    Abraham = "av hamon goyim" אַ֖ב הֲמ֥וֹן גּוֹיִֽם

    Jesus was his promised seed (sperm), at least after Paul, and after Matthew 1 --Jesus Christ the 42nd generation of Abraham

  9. #699
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Good points. Did you know that 666 = "his secret place" from Psalm 18:11?

    He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.

    And it is the value of "The Holy Ark" and "The Holy Crown" so the idea that it is "evil" can't be correct (assuming there is any meaning to it at all).

    Likewise, the number 13 is the value of Love and Unity and Tetragramaton = 26 = 2 x 13. So the idea that 13 is evil goes out the window too.

    I talk about both these numbers in my article on 666.

    I did my best to find consistent patterns, but finally realized that was impossible because there are too many contradictions. And so I concluded numerology is folly.

    Great chatting,

    Richard
    Interesting I tended to view Psalm 18 having some similar language to the pray of Jonah 2 when he was in the fish.

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I used to own that book. It played an important role in getting me hooked on numerology, which in turn helped me fall into the delusion of Christianity. I used to joke that I was the only person that Aleister Crowley brought to Christ. But then I burned it after becoming a Christian because Crowley was a self-proclaimed Satanist.
    That's quite a confession

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 38 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 38 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •