Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

increasing time to make ammendments

Hello Richard

Are you able to increase amendment time of posts before the amendment notification is displayed at the bottom of the post.

Even when using the preview facility to make corrections before posting, there are times when the moment I commit the post, then I see a glaring typo. I might also want to add a PS moments after posting.

I think that some of my typo corrections should not be classed as amendments. if typos are corrected soon enough, they do not really constitute making an amendment to the post. Hence, can you increase the time to make amendments before the notice kicks in?

Another observation about which you might like to do an update. I think the number of forum posts must be more than 55K by now. That figure (as I recall) has been shown on your main page for as long as I have been on the forum.

All the best
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Richard

Are you able to increase amendment time of posts before the amendment notification is displayed at the bottom of the post.

Even when using the preview facility to make corrections before posting, there are times when the moment I commit the post, then I see a glaring typo. I might also want to add a PS moments after posting.

I think that some of my typo corrections should not be classed as amendments. if typos are corrected soon enough, they do not really constitute making an amendment to the post. Hence, can you increase the time to make amendments before the notice kicks in?

Another observation about which you might like to do an update. I think the number of forum posts must be more than 55K by now. That figure (as I recall) has been shown on your main page for as long as I have been on the forum.

All the best
    David
    Good morning David,

That was a good suggestion. The time limit had been set to two minutes (its default). I have increased it to ten minutes. That should give folks plenty of time to check for typos.

And you are correct - the number 55K has gotten old and out of date. There's actually over 62K now. I'll update that.

Thanks for the input!

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information