Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Tracks In The Bible

Hi all,
    I was dumbfounded to find your site.

A man once told of an encounter he had with woman who believed the Bible to be a false book. Her position was that the Bible contained the book of Esther, and that since the book of Esther didn't contain the name of God, it must necessarily be a false account. She reasoned that it then follows that the Bible must also be a false compilation since it contains a false book (according to her).

The man challenged her notion on the grounds that the Bible has 66 books and the book of Isaiah has 66 chapters. He continued by saying that if the book of Esther were not included in the Bible, then the Bible would only have 65 books. This would then make the number of books in the Bible different than the number of chapters in Isaiah. This was his proof that the book of Esther is supposed to be included in the Bible.

The humor in this dialog may cause us to chuckle, but as I relfected on this story I wondered; Isn't it interesting that there is one book in the Bible that has the same number of chapters as the Bible has books? I concluded that it didn't mean anything at all, but as I thought on it for the next few days my opinion changed. I asked myself; Could it mean something?

Questions sometimes make it hard to go to sleep, and I found that to be the case one night with respect to this Isaiah question. What if? What if each chapter of Isaiah had some connection to a book of the Bible? For example; What if Isaiah's sixty-sixth chapter had some connection to the book of Revelation. What if Isaiah's first chapter had some connection to Genesis? I have a fair working knowledge of the book of Revelation, so, I got out of bed and opened Isaiah chapter 66 to see what it might say.

What I made of that chapter can befound under the heading: Isaiah chapter 66 - Revelation on my blog at BibleTracks.blogspot.com

Click on the other books you may want from the index on the left side.

This site is under construction. As of the day you read this I have posted the connections for all but four of the Bible's sixty-six books. The four books for which the connections have not yet been found are: 2nd Corinthians, Philippians, Colosians and 1st John.

Not all of the connections are of the same strength.
    Some may be stretching your imagination to see the connection, but
    I'm still working on these, and praying the Spirit will show me more.

This is completely independent of your work, so you might imagine my surprise to find your site this afternoon.

I haven't even taken a good look at your site, but I intend to do so now.

randyl

Quote Originally Posted by Randyl View Post
    Hi all,
    I was dumbfounded to find your site.

A man once told of an encounter he had with woman who believed the Bible to be a false book. Her position was that the Bible contained the book of Esther, and that since the book of Esther didn't contain the name of God, it must necessarily be a false account. She reasoned that it then follows that the Bible must also be a false compilation since it contains a false book (according to her).

The man challenged her notion on the grounds that the Bible has 66 books and the book of Isaiah has 66 chapters. He continued by saying that if the book of Esther were not included in the Bible, then the Bible would only have 65 books. This would then make the number of books in the Bible different than the number of chapters in Isaiah. This was his proof that the book of Esther is supposed to be included in the Bible.

The humor in this dialog may cause us to chuckle, but as I relfected on this story I wondered; Isn't it interesting that there is one book in the Bible that has the same number of chapters as the Bible has books? I concluded that it didn't mean anything at all, but as I thought on it for the next few days my opinion changed. I asked myself; Could it mean something?

Questions sometimes make it hard to go to sleep, and I found that to be the case one night with respect to this Isaiah question. What if? What if each chapter of Isaiah had some connection to a book of the Bible? For example; What if Isaiah's sixty-sixth chapter had some connection to the book of Revelation. What if Isaiah's first chapter had some connection to Genesis? I have a fair working knowledge of the book of Revelation, so, I got out of bed and opened Isaiah chapter 66 to see what it might say.

What I made of that chapter can befound under the heading: Isaiah chapter 66 - Revelation on my blog at BibleTracks.blogspot.com

Click on the other books you may want from the index on the left side.

This site is under construction. As of the day you read this I have posted the connections for all but four of the Bible's sixty-six books. The four books for which the connections have not yet been found are: 2nd Corinthians, Philippians, Colosians and 1st John.

Not all of the connections are of the same strength.
    Some may be stretching your imagination to see the connection, but
    I'm still working on these, and praying the Spirit will show me more.

This is completely independent of your work, so you might imagine my surprise to find your site this afternoon.

I haven't even taken a good look at your site, but I intend to do so now.

randyl
    Hello Randy,

Welcome to our forum!

I hopped over for a quick look at your site http://bibletracks.blogspot.com and I can tell that we have a lot to offer each other, because the Lord has shown us the same thing in the Isaiah-Bible Correlation.

Have you noticed that some of the connections have matching "Bible coordinates"? For example, one of the most stunning connnections is based on the appearance of John the Baptist and the proclamation of the Gospel:

Isaiah Chapt 40, Verse 3: The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Bible Book 40, Chapter 3 (Matthew 3:3): For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying: "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: 'Prepare the way of the LORD; Make His paths straight.' "

If we look at the Book, Chapter, and Verse numbers as three dimensional coordinates, then the Isaiah-Bible Correlation looks like a mathematical projection from the three dimensional Bible to the two dimensional plane of Isaiah. Here is a picture of what is going on (from this intro article):

And even more stunning is when the coordinates match and the linking phrase is unique. - meaning it is found only in a chapter of Isaiah and the corresponding book of the Bible. I call these "KeyLinks." My favorite example is found when you search your good old KJV for all occurrences of the phrase "that ye may know and believe" which you will find two and only two passages of the Bible: Isaiah Chapter 43, Verse 10 and Bible Book 43, Chapter 10!

Isaiah Chapt 43, Verse 10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Bible Book 43, Chapt 10 (John 10:38) But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

I really look forward to getting to know you, and to see how we can collaborate to proclaim this glorious self-confirming wonder of God's Word.

Richard

PS: Did you check out the article on "Apocryphal Additions to Esther Refuted"? Its in this subforum.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hi Randy!
    Thanks for your blog! I'm curious on the things that God doesn't mention in the bible such as the missing manna in Leviticus whereas the rest of the books from Exodus to Joshua it does mention. In other words, it's hidden. It must be something of significance since to the 3rd Church, Pergamos, it mentions the hidden manna!

12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
    13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan\'s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
    14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
    15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
    16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
    17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
    Manna means What is it.
    Exodus 16:15
    And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.
    For some reason it goes along with Spoke 16's Zechariah which seems to be the first occurrence of it in this order What is it:
    Zechariah 5:6
    And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.
    But I still wonder what significance hidden manna bears.
    Thanks for the insight!
    Last edited by gilgal; 07-29-2008 at 07:24 PM.

Thank you for posting this finding,I beleive the lord has revealed this to you with his holy Spirit to get to know his word our lord and savior Jesus christ.to give you a tip I looked up my biblical dictioray and the name Isaiah means Yahweh saves,Jesus means or Jeshua means Yahweh is salvation.
    this book was written for our salvation.
    rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Rom 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

Rom 15:6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by 888; 04-14-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    Hi Randy!
    Thanks for your blog! I'm curious on the things that God doesn't mention in the bible such as the missing manna in Leviticus whereas the rest of the books from Exodus to Joshua it does mention. In other words, it's hidden. It must be something of significance since to the 3rd Church, Pergamos, it mentions the hidden manna!

Manna means What is it.

For some reason it goes along with Spoke 16's Zechariah which seems to be the first occurrence of it in this order What is it:

But I still wonder what significance hidden manna bears.
    Thanks for the insight!
    Hi Gilgal,

Hidden Manna is for God's Hidden Ones. And why He gives them the Hidden Manna is contained right there in Revelation 2:17.

They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. (Psa 83:3)

I will share it later unless someone does in the meantime.

Blessings to you,
    Rick

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Answering the Skeptics Bible

More thoughts on "Thy Hidden Ones."

Throughout the entire Bible (both OT & NT), one important theme keeps repeating itself: the lowliness and humility of the Lamb of God. God's intention for His people is that He would wrought this very lowly and humble nature of His Son into His people. The OT word for "virgin" denotes "shielded from sight", hence a "hidden one". God's people are to be single and undefiled like a virgin. Though we live in this corrupt world, our true dwelling place is hidden in Christ - "he who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."

Another important, but often mis-applied thought in the Bible is the thought of "remnant". Remnants are not a glamorous people, they are the poor, despised, lowly, weak, and are the scums of the earth (I Cor. 1:26-29; 4:13). We are the "bruised reed" and the "smoking flax" in the eyes of the Lord. We are to be those who are "poor in spirit", and "those who mourn" (Matt 5).

Remnants are therefore very much in line with the thought of hidden ones. And it will be the remnants who take the spoil and usher in God's kingdom, not that the remnants have any power, they learned to rely on God who has the power.

In portraying the servants of Christ, Paul also echoed the thought of lowliness and hiddenness. In I Cor. 4:1, he used an interesting word for "servants" of Christ. The Greek word is composed of two words: "Hupo" (Under), and "Eretes" (Rower). In ancient times, the conquered slaves are pressed into service to row ships that plied the seas. They are crammed under the deck and chained to their benches. Such is the nature of a true servant of Christ. He is to be hidden under the deck, chained to his place servicing the Master's ship, the church. Sad to say, not many such servants exist in today's "ships".

In pondering over the thought of the hidden and lowly nature of God's people, it will be good to be reminded that we need to yield and surrender to Him. Let Him change our nature. Let Him infuse His lowly and humble character into ours. Despite all the scriptures and the knowledge, we can't remain hidden for long unless we've allowed Him to conquer us in our various circumstances.

I for one need Him to conquer me.

Rick

Next, Rev 2:17

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

When Athaliah sought to kill all the seed royal of the house of Judah, Jehoiada, the High Priest, took Joash, who was then a child, and hid him for six years in the house of the Lord, and there he was safe. The Lord can take each of His children and make a Joash of them. He can and will preserve us from the assault of the enemy so that we cannot be destroyed.

God said to Noah, “Come, you and all your house, into the ark,” and he and his household went into the ark and the Lord shut them in.

God hid Moses on the back side of the desert for 40 years, Paul went into Arabia, David was hid in the wilderness from Saul and on and on. These are all examples of a spiritual reality that we can walk in.

Those that are "hidden ones" are more concerned about the preeminence of Jesus Christ rather than blowing their own trumpet and establishing their own preeminence.

I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.(3Jn 1:9-10)

That's why they are content to remain under even the shadow of His wings. His shadow (authority) casts long and far and those that are hidden gladly place themselves under His authority. This is when they receive the hidden manna.

Read on but you may want to get some coffee, tea or whatever your favorite beverage is.

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the “wise” and “prudent”, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man
    the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. (Mat 11:25-27)

Here, Jesus is talking about HIDDEN things (the heart of the Father) that only He will reveal.

What is this saying? That the truths of God are hidden from carnal eyes and understanding but revealed unto “babes” (those that trust in and rely directly on Jesus by the Spirit of God).

The religious leadership of Jesus' day were declared spiritualy blind by the Lord, and so were those who put their trust in them. So, here is the key it seems, why men cannot see that which is simple. They are trusting in men. They are seeking to please men. They look to men to “reveal” truths to them. And this is why Jesus “hates” the Nicolaitans, because they (clergy) came between the sheep and the Shepherd. In fact, Jesus says twice that He hates the Nicolaitans. Rather than teaching that all believers are brothers, they set themselves up as a professional class of leaders (in the tradition of their fathers).

What must we “overcome” to eat of the “hidden manna”, (i.e. the hidden Word of Truth)?

I believe within Revelation 2:15-17 is the answer.

God’s people must separate themselves from any false system/spirit where men come between Christ and His sheep. I always wondered why the Holy Spirit emphasized that Jesus hated the Nicolaitans, twice? It is a very serious thing to the Lord when His authority in our lives is usurped by another. Maybe the Holy Spirit mentioned it twice, once for the “Nicolaitans in the Old Testament and once for the “Nicolaitans” in the New Testament. We see them in the Old Testament, too.

The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof? (Jer 5:31)

Indeed, what can you do when the people love to have it so? Really nothing, except to separate from them. What you are doing is separating yourself from that spirit that the “priests” (leaders) are ruling by. You are not wanting to come under that ungodly “authority” and influence. The Lord does not want you to come under it because then His authority and voice is weakened/blocked or completely usurped in your life.

This is referred to in the Bible as an apostate system and it has it’s very own “false apostles”, (i.e. “sent ones”).

This is the false church government (clergy over laity rulership) and the “married to the world” (Balaam ministry) that sold itself for hire, as in Rev 2:2, 2,6 and 14 and other places (2 Peter 3:2-3 and Jude).

We are commanded (in Rev 2) to “overcome” this Nicolaitan spirit of control over us. It desires to control us and our flesh desires recognition and significance from man. It reminds me of the children of Israel in Saul’s day where they demanded a visible King to rule over them. Samuel says “the Lord is your King” and they would not have it. They wanted a man to rule over them. We are to overcome this domineering spirit of control and manipulation rather than having it overcome us. We overcome it in our own hearts by embracing the cross and choosing to come under the Lord’s authority (under His wings) and we overcome it externally by separating from those that this spirit operates in. Not meaning to destroy or hurt anyone, but rather to separate from them or separate them from you. It is the cost of following Jesus. Many times you have to separate from those that are close to you. God’s hidden ones are often misunderstood.

This type of “leadership” asserts carnal authority over God’s people. It is manipulating, controlling and dominating and it is what the Pharisees (clergy) in Jesus’ day did and what the false priests and prophets did in the Old Testament.

Included in this command to overcome are the “doctrines and commandments” that nullify God’s Word. This is any belief system inherited from our “father’s” traditions (previous generations). I believe with all my heart that when we do this, God will open our eyes to behold “what the Spirit saith to the churches”.

As long as we put ourselves under man, and we choose to please man and we look to man for our “manna”, the true “hidden manna” will continue to be hidden from us. And as long as we look at scripture through the “lenses” of tradition our spiritual vision will be obscured. Nicolaitans will never teach the “whole counsel of God”, because that would jeopardize their position. If they did that, they would be out of a job and have no one to rule over. And because they don’t teach the whole counsel of God, their congregations end up walking and talking like them. You become what you “receive” or feed on (you are what you eat). And you will never be conformed to the image of Christ being taught “mixture” (doctrines and commandments of men).

When we overcome the Nicolaitan spirit we are on your way to understanding God’s Word the way the Holy Spirit teaches it.

And when you think about it, the Nicolaitan spirit is all through the scriptures. King Saul was an early type, the Pharisees were also (persecuted Jesus), and Diotrephes in 3 John. Here is the attitude of a Nicolaitan spelled out quite succinctly.

John the Apostle writing:
    I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
    (3Jn 1:9-10)

Imagine someone that would not receive John the Apostle and the true brethren!! Obviously, John did not have any preeminence among the brethren so Diotrephes thought he was notworthy to keep company with him. Diotrephes probably thought that John should have a congregation that he ruled over just like him. But, John did not. John chose to be “just” a
    brother, a hidden one just like the rest of the brothers. He took Jesus’ command at the last supper, seriously. He was not “lording” over others like Diotrephes was.

John was only concerned about Jesus Christ having preeminence in all things.

And what does John the Apostle instruct the Believers to do in 3 John? Separate from them!

Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God. (3 Jn 1:11)

And then we are promised a “white stone” and a “new name written”. The “white stone” is the pure Jesus, which has been veiled by religion (doctrines and commandments of men).

“For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached”, (2 Cor 11:4)
    Not every Jesus preached today is “The White Stone”.

Nicolaitans in every sect and denomination present Jesus as they see Him through their doctrines and orientation of their heart. They present Jesus in such a way so that they can continue to keep their preeminence among others and rule over men.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. (Rev 2:17)

Once one separates from the Nicolaitan spirit (preach for reward ministry, godliness is gain) you will begin to receive revelation (the simplicity that is in Christ) and to recognize the Pure Jesus (White Stone) of the Hidden Manna (pure Word of God) and a “new name” will be written on the White Stone.

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. (Isa 49:16)

We are in Him and He in us.

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing” (John 15:5).

If we welcome with gladness His authority in our lives He will receive us.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, (2Co 6:17)

That which is not of Him, is unclean. Only His pure Word will cleanse us (if we receive it) and conform us to Christ.

Isn’t it amazing how many scriptures we are completely blind to when we hold to the doctrines and commandments of the Nicolaitans (man) and seek to please men and not God?

The only other thing I want to be careful to mention is that there are godly men everywhere and that means in all kinds of man-made denominations and religious organizations. It is not wise to generalize and think that a certain “place” or “building” or “religious structure” contains only men like Saul. On the contrary, the opposite is true and men like Saul do have godly men in their midst. Nevertheless, the Lord is always telling His people to “come out” of that which is not of Him. Not all come out at the same time. Not all left Babylon at the same time. We are all at different stages in our walk with the Lord.

But, this is a “spirit” that we must all flee from.

After Samuel basically rebuked the people for wanting a King, we see this at the end of 1 Samuel 10:

And Saul also went home to Gibeah; and there went with him a band of men, whose hearts God had touched. (1Sa 10:26)

When I first read that it really changed my view of things. I realized that this is an inward thing and we should be careful about making external judgments. The Lord will give light and show you how to test the spirits.

So you see, there were godly men in Saul’s midst. They thought at the time from all outward appearances that Saul was God’s man. He was certainly their man and the one they wanted to align themselves with. And they thought He had the approval of God. And look at the children of Israel. They would not listen to a prophet from God. Yes, “the people love to have it so”. What usually trips all of us up is that we look upon the outward (a man’s credentials and position).

But, little by little as Saul’s kingdom was weakening and falling we see that more and more men’s eyes were opening up and they were going over to David.

And so it is today, more and more men are leaving the Kingdom of Saul (fleshly, carnal church) and joining the Kingdom of David (spiritual, heavenly) where no men have preeminence over other men. We are all brothers and He is our King.

Here is another caution just in case you think I am elevating “house churches”. I have been in house churches where the same Nicolaitan spirit is at work, lording over men and seeking to dominate and make a name for themselves rather than serving in lowliness and humility and content with being a “hidden one”.

No, I am elevating Jesus Christ and His command in Rev 2, to come out of them (whatever mixture and unholy alliance that is in our lives) and come to Him with all our hearts so that we are not joined to anything else in our hearts but Him.

This is what God has always been saying from Genesis to Revelation and in all ages, as well.

Come to Him with ALL your heart and do not be joined to anything else in your heart but HIM.

Rick

Last edited by heb13-13; 11-12-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Hidden Leaven

The Bible speaks of Hidden Manna (Rev2:17) and Hidden Leaven (Matt13:33) and the Hidden Man of the Heart (1Pet3:4), so it shouldn't come as a big surprise to discover Godly Truth hidden within the pages.

Keeping in mind the purpose of leaven (yeast) is to make the bread rise, and how the Bible calls the church 'One Bread', 1Cor10:17 -- plus the difference between 'old leaven' and 'no leaven', and the New hidden leaven -- an exciting subject for sure!

You won't be Rising to meet the Lord in the air w/o being part of the New Bread Body of Christ !
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Bread of Heaven

Cornbread, Wonder Bread, and Raisin Bread!

Name:  3bread2.gif
Views: 155
Size:  53.2 KB
    Last edited by duxrow; 12-02-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Thread Information