Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Metro New York on New Jersey side of it USA

Whats everyone reading now

As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

Roar: The New Conservative Woman Speaks Out
    , Scottie Nell Hughes

The Autistic Brain: Helping Different Kinds of Minds Succeed, Temple Grandin and Richard Panek

I Can Hear You Whisper: An Intimate Journey through the Science of Sound and Language, Lydia Denworth

Jesus: A Pilgrimage, James Martin, SJ

My Age of Anxiety: Fear, Hope, Dread, and the Search for Peace, Scott Stossel

A Midwife’s Tale: The Life of Martha Ballard, Based on Her Diary, 1785-1812, Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Have tried to read this before, but with no luck. Hopefully, this time with more luck.
    Jessica A Bruno (I am at my wits end)

Quote Originally Posted by I am at my wits end View Post
    As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

Roar: The New Conservative Woman Speaks Out
    , Scottie Nell Hughes

The Autistic Brain: Helping Different Kinds of Minds Succeed, Temple Grandin and Richard Panek

I Can Hear You Whisper: An Intimate Journey through the Science of Sound and Language, Lydia Denworth

Jesus: A Pilgrimage, James Martin, SJ

My Age of Anxiety: Fear, Hope, Dread, and the Search for Peace, Scott Stossel

A Midwife’s Tale: The Life of Martha Ballard, Based on Her Diary, 1785-1812, Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Have tried to read this before, but with no luck. Hopefully, this time with more luck.
    My house is filled with books, and I've been a reader all my life. But now with work and the internet, I find myself rarely opening a book made with paper. I enjoy books about science and philosophy mostly, like Sean Carroll's explanation of evolution in "The Making of the Fittest," Daniel Dennett's "Consciousness Explained," and William Calvin's "Cerebral Symphony" to name a few.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Recently

Fermat's Last Theorem : Unlocking The Secret of An Ancient Mathematical Problem ( Amir D. Aczel )

A great book that starts all the way back at Babylonian mathematics, and winds it's way through some very interesting math history, and also some great stories about some of the more memorable mathematicians of the recent centuries, then goes through Andrew Wiles years of working on his final proof, his mistakes, the corrections.

Metallurgy Fundamentals ( Brandt and Warner ) A basic primer for metallurgy, nothing crazy

Mathenauts: Tales of Mathematical Wonder, assorted short stories, science fiction, revolving around math, from Asimov to Sheckley

Next on my list is

Basic Training in Mathematics: A Fitness Program for Science Students , and Principles of Quantum Mechanics, ( both Ramamurti Shankar , the John Randolph Huffman Professor of Physics at Yale University )

I've been watching his lectures on Youtube and really like his style, he's a great speaker / teacher, so I thought I'd check some of his books out

Currently I am reading 4 books, with varying degrees of progress being made

Better Angels of our Nature by Steven Pinker

After Christianity by Daphne Hampson

Second Nature by Gerald Edleman

36 reasons for the existence of God by Rebecca Goldstein
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: & Other Lessons from The Crematory, Caitlin Doughty

Correction with the author of the book below is a MD as well.

The Birth of The Pill: How Four Crusaders Reinvented Sex and Launched A Revolution, Jonathan Eig

Superstorm: Nine Days Inside Hurricane Sandy, Kathryn Miles

Thread Information