Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    That's absurd. The preterist interpretation is far and away the best fit to the what the Bible actually says. Jesus plainly stated that the end would come when the temple was destroyed, and that happened in 70 AD.

Says who? You? What makes your opinion authoritative?

So now you are saying that the week DOES correspond to seven years? That directly contradicts what you just said above.

Yeah, right. The text says nothing about Cain "missing" the completion of creation on the sixth day. You just made that up (as usual).

Genesis 4:7 Is it not so that if you mend, it will be forgiven you? If you do not mend, however, at the entrance, sin is crouching, and to you is its longing, but you can rule over it."

"sin is crouching" - like a wild beast.

On the sixth day God first made the animals and then also man, as "crown of creation" --

When you are overpowered by the beast (= the evil inclination) it is like if creation has not been completed yet.

Rule over = "mashal" -- which means also: "to speak metaphorically; to speak in proverbs or parables".

Matthew 23:29-36 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous, saying, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ Thus you witness against yourselves that you are tsons of those who murdered the prophets. uFill up, then, the measure of your fathers. You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to whell? Therefore yI send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and dpersecute from town to town, so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between hthe sanctuary and ithe altar. Truly, I say to you, jall these things will come upon this generation.

"this generation" = the generation of the Preterists.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    -- I didn't "choose the Latin" --
    Yea, sounds like Aaron, "Really Moses, I just threw these few golden trinkets into the fire, and out popped this golden calf".

Quote Originally Posted by dpenn
    Also, trying to make the Maccabbeean era to be the fulfillment of Dan 9:24-27 is really grasping at straws. Chapters 8 and 11 of Daniel address the future Grecian Empire, but Daniel 9:24-27 clearly addresses the 4th Roman Empire prophesied in Daniel 2 and 7.
    Clearly? I think the Preterists do practice "eisegesis" here, to make it fit their agenda.
    Probably in excess of 90% of all genuine Christians are not preterist of any form, and they almost all agree on this one point, that Daniel 9:24-27 refers to the fourth Beast, Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by dpenn
    And amazingly, after weeping over Jerusalem (Mt 23:37-39), for how they had, for the most part, rejected Him as Messiah and Lord, Jesus predicted the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, all for not knowing the time of their visitation by God (Mt 24:1-2)

Mt 23:37-39,

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Mt 24:1-2,

"And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
    It ere proves that Matthew was written after the year 70.
    This is amazing, Daniel prophesies the coming of the Messiah under the Roman occupation, and the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in that time-frame, and Jesus prophesies the very same thing, shortly before His crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension, and your conclusion ... this proves Matthew was written after the year 70. What about all of the early church fathers that wrote volumes and volumes about this time frame? Could they convince everyone to go along with the hoax?

dp

Thread Information