Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    That verse represents the ultimate irony of Christianity. Believers claim to love the truth, but in actuality they utterly despise it because it reveals that their dogmas are false. E.g. they claim that the earth is 6,000 years old and that there was an Adam and Eve and a talking serpent, etc., etc., etc.
    Neither can science be absolutely true, there are many errors in the past such as the theory of Phlogiston. I am not saying science is not important but I am saying that science is not always right. Earth may be millions of years old but Creation may only be thousands of years old.,,, same as the US is only a few hundred years old but the continent of America may be millions of years old. Anyway, I don't believe the Earth is hundreds of million of years old or the continents would have been eroded and will not present the fitting shapes as we can see presently. Many Bible passages as we know speak symbolically and I never believe Adam and Eve spoke to a serpent but to something representing a serpent.

    You can't use the speed of light to measure the age of the universe. Supposed I create Light and it travels at the speed of light. don't you think I can also speed it up or stretch it like a rubber band?....And that's what the Bible said. Even the Big Bang theory now states that the force of the explosion travels faster than the speed of light! How crazy is this? And if the force of the Big Bang travels faster than the speed of light, then more obviously you can't use the speed of light as a measurement of the age of the universe. BTW, if there is a Big Bang, what caused the Big Bang?... nobody could explain as it is just a speculation.

    Can starlight reached the earth in one day? Is it a divine Day lasting several thousand years or did God speeded the speed of light?

    Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

    17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,



    The Bible said the heavens were "stretched" (including light):

    Psalm 104:2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

    Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

    Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

    Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

    Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

    Isaiah 51:13 And forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

    Jeremiah 10:12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

    Zechariah 12:1 The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.


    Hint: to stretch something, you need at least two opposing forces pulling in opposite directions.

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 08-22-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,851
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Neither can science be absolutely true, there are many errors in the past such as the theory of Phlogiston.
    Scientists never claim that science is "absolutely true." All scientists know that science is always progressing closer to the truth. The same cannot be said of religion which tends to keep people in darkness and ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I am not saying science is not important but I am saying that science is not always right.
    Nobody says science is always right.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Earth may be millions of years old but Creation may only be thousands of years old.,,, same as the US is only a few hundred years old but the continent of America may be millions of years old.
    Yes, that is one solution. Hugh Ross believes in an old earth (4.5 billion years) with a recent creation of Adam and Eve sometime in the last 50,000 years or so. I don't find his arguments convincing.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Anyway, I don't believe the Earth is hundreds of million of years old or the continents would have been eroded and will not present the fitting shapes as we can see presently.
    So you reject the entire body of modern science, including physics, chemistry, biology, astrophysics, geology, etc. Why am I not suprised?

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Many Bible passages as we know speak symbolically and I never believe Adam and Eve spoke to a serpent but to something representing a serpent.
    You do not "know" they speak symbolically. You just choose to believe that. Other Christians totally disagree and say it must be interpreted literally. How is anyone to know which interpretation is correct? If there is no way to test the Bible then there is no way for you to know what is true.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    You can't use the speed of light to measure the age of the universe. Supposed I create Light and it travels at the speed of light. don't you think I can also speed it up or stretch it like a rubber band?....And that's what the Bible said.
    Oh really? That's funny, because the Bible never mentioned anything like the "speed of light." We humans had to discover that on our own.

    Your argument fails because if you "stretched" the light you would change its frequency. It's called the "Dopler effect."

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Even the Big Bang theory now states that the force of the explosion travels faster than the speed of light! How crazy is this?
    It doesn't say that. You simply don't understand the science. It was the expansion of the SPACE, not the material in the space, that happened faster than the speed of light. There's nothing "crazy" about it at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    And if the force of the Big Bang travels faster than the speed of light, then more obviously you can't use the speed of light as a measurement of the age of the universe.
    Not true. It's not the "force" of the Big Bang, it was the expansion of space itself. And the inflation lasted only a very short time, and we can account for it to find an accurate age of the universe. You are just making up stuff based on your fundamental misunderstanding of the science.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    BTW, if there is a Big Bang, what caused the Big Bang?... nobody could explain as it is just a speculation.
    So what? The fact that humans don't have all knowledge implies nothing. Certainly not the existence of a god.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    The Bible said the heavens were "stretched" (including light):

    Psalm 104:2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

    Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

    Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

    Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

    Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

    Isaiah 51:13 And forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

    Jeremiah 10:12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

    Zechariah 12:1 The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.


    Hint: to stretch something, you need at least two opposing forces pulling in opposite directions.

    God Bless.
    That's POETIC language. It has nothing to do with modern cosmology.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,851
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Same as I put it to you, if the theory of evolution is true, freedom of death, sorrow and pain would have been a reality today after evolving for so many million of years.
    Your comment is ludicrous. There is nothing in the theory of evolution that would suggest that "freedom of death, sorrow and pain would have been a reality today." Why do you write such blatant absurdities?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,851
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I have said that God is the super intelligent force in the universe. This is the reason why we see inteligence in everything in nature and the universe, therefore, The study of science is the study of God's creation or intelligent force.
    You can say what you want. That doesn't make it true. You have given no reason to think there is a "super intelligent force in the universe." On the contrary, all the evidence suggests that natural law, without any "intelligence" explains everything we see in the universe.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I never doubt the goodness of all these religions as they teach us all to do good. The reason why there are so many religions is the same was why there are so many nations. It caters to individual preferences, cultures and beliefs, and variety is the spice of life.
    That's not true. The reason there are so many religions is because people in different cultures made up their own religions. There is no reason to think that any of them are true, and we know they can't all be true because they contradict each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Ultimately, all religions will fall into Christianity when Christ comes. Doing good will have fulfill the secoand commandment to Love they neighbor as thyself. Will you not become a Christian if you see Christ came with his hordes of angels?
    And Muslims say that all religions will be Islam when Christ returns. They believe that Jesus was a Muslim and that he will convert or kill all the Christians when he returns. Obviously, the various religions in the world are inconsistent with each other.

    Would I become a Christian again if I saw Christ return with "his hordes of angels." Sure. And I'd become a Muslim if Christ returned with his "hordes of angels" and declared Islam is true. Obviosly, there's no reason to discuss this since there is no reason to believe that Christ is ever coming back as a Christian or a Muslim or Hindu ...
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •