Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,829

    Lucid testimony of a man who broke free from the shackles of Christianity

    This man was brainwashed as a child. This is the story of how he found freedom.

    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    This man was brainwashed as a child. This is the story of how he found freedom.


    Excellent testimony of one man's journey out of the faith. I especially related to what he said about not challenging any of his beliefs in the three decades he was a Christian and when he finally started to question the Bible it began to crumble. Fact of the matter is, evidence makes blind faith unnecessary, so if the Bible were based on evidence there would be no need to promote the idea of belief in things that are unseen.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Excellent testimony of one man's journey out of the faith. I especially related to what he said about not challenging any of his beliefs in the three decades he was a Christian and when he finally started to question the Bible it began to crumble. Fact of the matter is, evidence makes blind faith unnecessary, so if the Bible were based on evidence there would be no need to promote the idea of belief in things that are unseen.
    This man was brainwashed as a child. This is the story of how he found freedom
    Don't be deluded; none of us can be truly free as we are still confined by our bias, limitations and principles. We are also confined by secular laws, morals, ethics, rules an regulations and the cocoons we call home and country.

    God is everywhere and we are subjected by His laws in His creations wherever and whenever we are....gravity, weather, natural laws, sciences, diseases, death. Can we really escape from all these artificial and God's confinements? We can run away from God, but for how long when soon death will catch up with us and we will have to account to Him for what we have done in our lives.

    In other words, no matter how free we are, we still have to face God one day to account for what we have done in our lives on earth. This is referenced in Jesus parables of the sheep and the goats and in Revelations. Don't be a fool who says there is no God.

    God Bless.:
    Last edited by CWH; 08-17-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Don't be deluded; none of us can be truly free as we are still confined by our bias, limitations and principles. We are also confined by secular laws, morals, ethics, rules an regulations and the cocoons we call home and country.

    God is everywhere and we are subjected by His laws in His creations wherever and whenever we are....gravity, weather, natural laws, sciences, diseases, death. Can we really escape from all these artificial and God's confinements? We can run away from God, but for how long when soon death will catch up with us and we will have to account to Him for what we have done in our lives.

    In other words, no matter how free we are, we still have to face God one day to account for what we have done in our lives on earth. This is referenced in Jesus parables of the sheep and the goats and in Revelations. Don't be a fool who says there is no God.

    God Bless.:
    The reason you say that none of us can be truly free is because you are still in bondage to the biases, limitations and principles of the Bible. I found my freedom when I broke the chains that bound me to a archaic religion that was invented by superstitious, primitive men. There is no evidence for god, that is why believers must have "blind faith" in order to believe in god.

    I think it's more accurate to say that it is the fool who says there is a god and keeps himself in bondage to religious dogmas. Someday, I hope you too will experience the freedom from religion that Richard and I enjoy.

    Kind regards,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,829
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Don't be deluded; none of us can be truly free as we are still confined by our bias, limitations and principles. We are also confined by secular laws, morals, ethics, rules an regulations and the cocoons we call home and country.
    Hey there Cheow,

    Those are excellent points. They reveal why it is so important for people to question the presuppositions they have inherited from their parents, culture, and even language (which has built-in presuppositions). The solution is to be skeptical of things that you don't have evidence for. The curious thing about believers is that they tend to be exceedingly skeptical about any evidence (no matter how well established) that contradicts what they want to believe even as they are entirely unskeptical about those very beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    God is everywhere and we are subjected by His laws in His creations wherever and whenever we are....gravity, weather, natural laws, sciences, diseases, death. Can we really escape from all these artificial and God's confinements? We can run away from God, but for how long when soon death will catch up with us and we will have to account to Him for what we have done in our lives.
    What God? You have no evidence of any god. It is nothing but a blind tradition you have received from other people who didn't know what they were talking about and gave you no evidence to support your belief. If you applied the same skepticism you have for science to your religious beliefs, they would crumble to dust.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    In other words, no matter how free we are, we still have to face God one day to account for what we have done in our lives on earth. This is referenced in Jesus parables of the sheep and the goats and in Revelations. Don't be a fool who says there is no God.
    It is not foolish to doubt the reality of Allah, Krishna, Vishnu, or Zeus. Why then would it be folly to doubt the existence of Yahweh?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    The reason you say that none of us can be truly free is because you are still in bondage to the biases, limitations and principles of the Bible. I found my freedom when I broke the chains that bound me to a archaic religion that was invented by superstitious, primitive men. There is no evidence for god, that is why believers must have "blind faith" in order to believe in god.

    I think it's more accurate to say that it is the fool who says there is a god and keeps himself in bondage to religious dogmas. Someday, I hope you too will experience the freedom from religion that Richard and I enjoy.

    Kind regards,
    Rose
    Hi Rose,

    Let me tell you what True Freedom is all about....see Revelations 21

    21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

    4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.


    1. No more death i.e. eternal life; no more death from wars, diseases, injuries etc.
    2. No more crying and sorrow i.e. no more sufferings, hardships, frustrations, disappointments, cheatings and inequality
    3. No more pain i.e. pain, diseases, injuries, violence, crimes.

    These are True Freedom unlike on earth where even if there is freedom, it is only temporary. Where on earth can you find freedom from death, sorrow and pain? I see the Kingdom of Heaven as above as physical just like the Earth as described in the Lord's prayer, "thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven". It is like living in an Utopian world in the 30th century!

    Seek ye first the KIngdom of God and His Righteousness and all these things will be added onto you.....what are all these things?...freedom from death, pain and sorrow + living in luxury and abundance:

    Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

    26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

    27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

    28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

    29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

    30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

    31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

    32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

    33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


    Abundant Living:

    Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.


    Don't everyone wants those things? and God knew we want these things....but Seek the Kingdom of Heaven and His Righteousness first and all these things wil be given unto you.

    Jesus said: John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

    That is Real and True Freedom.


    Hope we can all enjoy each other company in True Freedom in the Kingdom of Heaven by striving for the Kingdom of Heaven and His Righteousness.

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 08-17-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Hi Rose,

    Let me tell you what True Freedom is all about....see Revelations 21

    21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

    4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.


    1. No more death i.e. eternal life; no more death from wars, diseases, injuries etc.
    2. No more crying and sorrow i.e. no more sufferings, hardships, frustrations, disappointments, cheatings and inequality
    3. No more pain i.e. pain, diseases, injuries, violence, crimes.

    These are True Freedom unlike on earth where even if there is freedom, it is only temporary. Where on earth can you find freedom from death, sorrow and pain? I see the Kingdom of Heaven as above as physical just like the Earth as described in the Lord's prayer, "thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven". It is like living in an Utopian world in the 30th century!


    God Bless.
    Hello Cheow,

    If your god truly exists, freedom from death, sorrow and pain would be realities today and not just something hoped for in some mythological place in the future.
    Last edited by Rose; 08-17-2014 at 08:49 PM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,829
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Don't everyone wants those things? and God knew we want these things....but Seek the Kingdom of Heaven and His Righteousness first and all these things wil be given unto you.

    Jesus said: John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

    That is Real and True Freedom.
    That verse represents the ultimate irony of Christianity. Believers claim to love the truth, but in actuality they utterly despise it because it reveals that their dogmas are false. E.g. they claim that the earth is 6,000 years old and that there was an Adam and Eve and a talking serpent, etc., etc., etc.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hello Cheow,

    If your god truly exists, freedom from death, sorrow and pain would be realities today and not just something hoped for in some mythological place in the future.
    The problem is that evil existed today which is the main reason why there are so many sufferings, wars, poverty, pain sorrows. To have true freedom we need to get rid of all those evils and evil people for good. Only then can we have true freedom. It is because of the evil of hum as which was why God reduced the maximum longetivi to be about 120 years. Imagine living in a world where evil men live forever, will we have real freedom from death, sorrow and pain? Can you suggest to us how to get rid of all evils and evil people so that this world will be a much better place to live in?

    Same as I put it to you, if the theory of evolution is true, freedom of death, sorrow and pain would have been a reality today after evolving for so many million of years.

    God Bles.
    Last edited by CWH; 08-22-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there Cheow,

    Those are excellent points. They reveal why it is so important for people to question the presuppositions they have inherited from their parents, culture, and even language (which has built-in presuppositions). The solution is to be skeptical of things that you don't have evidence for. The curious thing about believers is that they tend to be exceedingly skeptical about any evidence (no matter how well established) that contradicts what they want to believe even as they are entirely unskeptical about those very beliefs.


    What God? You have no evidence of any god. It is nothing but a blind tradition you have received from other people who didn't know what they were talking about and gave you no evidence to support your belief. If you applied the same skepticism you have for science to your religious beliefs, they would crumble to dust.
    I have said that God is the super intelligent force in the universe. This is the reason why we see inteligence in everything in nature and the universe, therefore, The study of science is the study of God's creation or intelligent force.


    It is not foolish to doubt the reality of Allah, Krishna, Vishnu, or Zeus. Why then would it be folly to doubt the existence of Yahweh?
    I never doubt the goodness of all these religions as they teach us all to do good. The reason why there are so many religions is the same was why there are so many nations. It caters to individual preferences, cultures and beliefs, and variety is the spice of life. Ultimately, all religions will fall into Christianity when Christ comes. Doing good will have fulfill the secoand commandment to Love they neighbor as thyself. Will you not become a Christian if you see Christ came with his hordes of angels?

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 08-22-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •