Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 159
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Hi Richard:

    I'm Laughing my ass off... My comments about not being able to let go of things was a reference to myself! But you applied it to yourself! Well if the shoe fits...
    Good morning Mystykal,

    That's a perfect example of how difficult it is to communicate through little symbols like a,b,c, etc. with no tone of voice or body language to give additional information. That's why it can be so silly when we take ourselves so seriously online. Thumping and pounding on the keyboard --- Why oh why can't they just SEE what I'm trying to say?!?!?!?! Grrrrr ....




    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    The "empty notions" in life are all bias based no doubt. However, to just ignore large batches of information as just made up nonesense when it comes to things like spiritual phenomenon is to ignore large portions of reality. I know you are familiar with the movie "The serpent and the rainbow." The facts of that episode are even more explosive in real life than they were dipictied in the movie. To ignore all of that information and just not try to understand it is to suggest that the paranormal world does not exist.
    You seem to be exceedingly gullible and superstitious and willing to believe any and all woowoo that tickles your fancy. I see no reason to believe a silly horror movie produced by Wes Craven! I mean, get real! Believing horror movies are evidence of the supernatural? What's next, the Exorcist?

    If the supernatural were a "large part of reality" then I couldn't ignore it. That follows from the fundamental definition of reality as "that which exists whether you believe in it or not." You are believing in ghosts and goblins and fairy tales with no real evidence at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Randi needs to go to some place where the every day happenings are paranormal if he wants to "debunk" all paranormal activity. But he cherry picks his encounters...
    Bullshit. It is utterly absurd for you to put a charge of cherry picking, which is the primary error of irrational believers, on skeptics like Randi. Totally absurd.

    You have no evidence of any kind that real supernatural events are happening far away in those places "skeptics fear to tread." You are blindly believing in fantasy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    The word evidence is an interesting word... I think that you cannot define evidence in a narrow somewhat autocratic way. When you do that you leave all kinds of phenomenon out of the picture. And then you have cognitive bias! You may not agree with that but.... I believe that is an acurate assessment.
    Your assessment makes no sense. Observable phenomena is the definition of evidence!

    And what's with the copycat charge of "cognitive bias"? Your entire worldview is based fundamentally on cognitive bias. If you had an ounce of understanding of what that means, you would quit with your unfounded beliefs. It is, therefore, quite absurd for you to be tossing that accusation towards skeptics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Since according to you there is (no evidence for) NO GOD NO Spirit NO Evil malevolent Beings - then all you are left with is this screwed up world which is on its way out! People like to believe in a future. An After-Life Something more! The Egyptians did it; the Greeks did it; the Romans did it; and the Jews did it!... Just to name a few. But basically all social groups have believed in very complex GOD systems. It boggles the mind to think that it all is just a lie of the psyche and we have no connection to the cosmos in any significant way... And when we die it's over forever!...Life is a great mystery and we celebrate that Mystery thru our rituals and myths. However, that does not explain where life came from or how it exists only here on earth...
    It doesn't matter what people "want to believe." That has nothing to do with reality.

    And we are left with the same "screwed up world" no matter what kind of woo-woo we might believe in.

    Your assertion that life exists only on earth is totally unfounded. And contrary to your beliefs that there are "living" spiritual beings that are not constrained to the earth anyway. I find it quite surprising that you don't believe in aliens. ...

    Your understanding seems to be inverted. You say it "boggles the mind" to think that the ten thousand mutually contradictory fantasies and fairy tales are all false. I see it exactly opposite - it is literally impossible that they could all be true! And it is obvious the 99% are false. And there's no reason to think the remaining 1% should fair any better.

    I do not understand why you exult in ignorance and gullibility which leads to deception and delusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    The facts are that many things cannot be explained which happen to us on a daily basis... Then there is the meditative path which brings us face to face with the unknown. And it is there that the Spirit is visible and has a place in reality.
    Ha! That's not exactly correct. The fact is that there are many things that YOU cannot explain happen on a daily basis. But there is a very sad correlated fact - those things that you believe cannot be explained can be explained quite easily. I recommend a most excellent book that reveals the cognitive biases and ignorance that keeps people trapped in false beliefs:

    The Improbability Principle: Why Coincidences, Miracles, and Rare Events Happen Every Day

    If you want to free yourself from bondage to delusion, read that book.

    Shine on!



    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    dp:

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there dp,

    Thanks for the great questions. This is something I really enjoy talking about. There's a lot of "housecleaning" yet to do. This has been such a big change for me after so many years as a believer. Talking about it helps.

    I have no interest in any metaphysical speculative spiritual/mystical woowoo like the Kabbalah, Crowley, the Bible, numerology, God, or any of that. From my current point of view, all such things are equally vain and flawed. There're all based on fantasy and cognitive biases which is why it's all received "by faith" rather than knowledge.

    The Devil card (ayin) is a traditional card. It's not unique to Crowley's deck. The only thing unique about his deck was its extravagant artwork.

    I see no reason to think it is the origin of the concept of "all seeing eye" (aka the Eye of Providence). That is a very old CHRISTIAN concept that comes directly from Scripture (God sees all). I find it fascinating that you have such paranoias about other believers who profess Christ. I cannot imagine any rational reason to think that the Christians who symbolize God as the "all seeing eye" are secret members of some Satanic cult masquerading as Christians. That seems totally nuts to me. (No offence intended. I'm just letting you know how I see things.)

    So do you have any way to discern between real "occult conspiracies" totally insane paranoid fantasies?

    Richard

    PS - I used to joke with myself that I was the only person Crowley ever led to Christ. After converting, two believing friends and I had a big bonfire of all my occult books. We spent about three hours renouncing all that stuff and praying like lunatics. I was disappointed that no screaming demons appeared in the flames. I'm telling you the truth - I really thought I might see some!
    Richard,

    There is a big difference between the Scriptures that say God sees all, and secret societies all over the world that use many symbols of communication and recognition, you might say, playing god. Yes, I do have a way to discern between "real conspiracies" and paranoid fantasies. It is the same way I approach all facts in life, including the Word of God, reason, science, and good old trustworthy common sense and intuition. But it is often difficult to discern, or even more difficult to know for certain some facts, because secret societies are just that, secret. And the type of oaths they take are proof that they don't like being scrutinized. Remember, self-deception plagues us all, not just those that are convinced there are real conspiracies, but also those who embrace and enact those conspiracies. One thing is certain, real conspiracies are real, and paranoid delusions are always paranoid delusions.

    There is undoubtedly the lunatic fringe of "conspiracy theorists", but anyone with intelligence knows that there are very real and dangerous conspiracy driven people in this world. My main focus is to study the Word of God, and to live by its clear teaching. But, like many others, I like to be rounded in many areas of learning, including, how governments work or fail, how the money system works, what causes all the wars, why there is such a push for a one world government, what this mean for our future freedoms, and yes, especially for Christians, and how we are to reconcile all of this with what God has revealed to us in His Word. And these are just a few of the questions I try to answer. There are many others, at the social level. For the time, I enjoy that I can freely choose what I believe and why. That is not a given in many countries, and seems to be disappearing at home too. I am not paranoid about it, but neither do I want to be ignorant of it.

    There is one thing I have observed, and that is that people always seem to gravitate to something that they can't fully prove, but yet hold allegiance to, maybe not quite as simple as Dylan's "you've gotta serve somebody ... it might be the devil, or it might be the lord, but you've gotta serve somebody". Ironically, I can't be certain, but Dylan seems to have taken the same route as you. Your faith seems to rest in the fact that God does not exist, or if he does, he might be hiding under a rock on Mars, coupled with faith that science will answer all issues of life. My guess (and it is just an intuitive type of guess) is that you will not be able to live consistently, morally, and contentedly while attempting to remove God completely from your life. God reveals Himself inside of us, in our conscience, and outside in everything, through His general revelation, and all who deny this, will find themselves trying to hold down this truth in unrighteousness, like a spring ... it takes work. The minute you let down your guard, God will be on the rise, whether you like it or not.

    I am certain that you will not accept this, or admit to this, but this is what I believe you will experience. And, as that old song goes, you might think me crazy ...

    No offence intended.

    dp
    Last edited by dpenn; 10-07-2014 at 01:25 PM.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    dp:

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I find it fascinating that you have such paranoias about other believers who profess Christ. I cannot imagine any rational reason to think that the Christians who symbolize God as the "all seeing eye" are secret members of some Satanic cult masquerading as Christians. That seems totally nuts to me. (No offence intended. I'm just letting you know how I see things.)
    Richard, I overlooked one of your points. There is a massive difference between those who profess Christ and those who possess the truth and reality of Christ. Through my studies, I have found that most of the churches, or secret societies that use the symbol of the "all seeing eye", are either gnostic, vatican, or liberal churches, and members of many of these, and many more, that align themselves with the masons, rosicrucians, or derivatives thereof. The ecumenical movement is proof of this. And what Christians are they all aligned against? You guessed it, historical biblical Christians. I know they are against much more than just genuine Christians, but I am speaking as a Christian. Jesus, Himself, said that there would be false apostles, prophets, and teachers, that would be able to even deceive the elect, if possible. And this was even the warning that the Apostle Paul had for the elders of the churches in Miletus, on his final trip to Jerusalem, before being imprisoned and sent to Rome, Acts 20:27-32,

    "For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified."

    This might seem totally nuts to you, but I think you are playing a wild card on your saying I am "nuts", even if you say there is no offence intended. I might be a little nuts at times, but overall, I am subject to the common self-deception that we all face, and have to reason my way through it, like any rational person.

    dp
    Last edited by dpenn; 10-07-2014 at 11:16 AM.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    East of West!
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Good morning Mystykal,

    That's a perfect example of how difficult it is to communicate through little symbols like a,b,c, etc. with no tone of voice or body language to give additional information. That's why it can be so silly when we take ourselves so seriously online. Thumping and pounding on the keyboard --- Why oh why can't they just SEE what I'm trying to say?!?!?!?! Grrrrr ....





    You seem to be exceedingly gullible and superstitious and willing to believe any and all woowoo that tickles your fancy. I see no reason to believe a silly horror movie produced by Wes Craven! I mean, get real! Believing horror movies are evidence of the supernatural? What's next, the Exorcist?

    If the supernatural were a "large part of reality" then I couldn't ignore it. That follows from the fundamental definition of reality as "that which exists whether you believe in it or not." You are believing in ghosts and goblins and fairy tales with no real evidence at all.


    Bullshit. It is utterly absurd for you to put a charge of cherry picking, which is the primary error of irrational believers, on skeptics like Randi. Totally absurd.

    You have no evidence of any kind that real supernatural events are happening far away in those places "skeptics fear to tread." You are blindly believing in fantasy.


    Your assessment makes no sense. Observable phenomena is the definition of evidence!

    And what's with the copycat charge of "cognitive bias"? Your entire worldview is based fundamentally on cognitive bias. If you had an ounce of understanding of what that means, you would quit with your unfounded beliefs. It is, therefore, quite absurd for you to be tossing that accusation towards skeptics.


    It doesn't matter what people "want to believe." That has nothing to do with reality.

    And we are left with the same "screwed up world" no matter what kind of woo-woo we might believe in.

    Your assertion that life exists only on earth is totally unfounded. And contrary to your beliefs that there are "living" spiritual beings that are not constrained to the earth anyway. I find it quite surprising that you don't believe in aliens. ...

    Your understanding seems to be inverted. You say it "boggles the mind" to think that the ten thousand mutually contradictory fantasies and fairy tales are all false. I see it exactly opposite - it is literally impossible that they could all be true! And it is obvious the 99% are false. And there's no reason to think the remaining 1% should fair any better.

    I do not understand why you exult in ignorance and gullibility which leads to deception and delusion.


    Ha! That's not exactly correct. The fact is that there are many things that YOU cannot explain happen on a daily basis. But there is a very sad correlated fact - those things that you believe cannot be explained can be explained quite easily. I recommend a most excellent book that reveals the cognitive biases and ignorance that keeps people trapped in false beliefs:

    The Improbability Principle: Why Coincidences, Miracles, and Rare Events Happen Every Day

    If you want to free yourself from bondage to delusion, read that book.

    Shine on!



    Richard
    Hi
    Richard:
    Hey! Chill out! You seem to be getting way out there in your assumptions about what I am saying...

    You seem to be exceedingly gullible and superstitious and willing to believe any and all woowoo that tickles your fancy. I see no reason to believe a silly horror movie produced by Wes Craven! I mean, get real! Believing horror movies are evidence of the supernatural? What's next, the Exorcist?
    You do know that the movie was written around a TRUE story of a doctor who went to discover puffer fish extract as a real ingredient for anesthetics! The movie is NOT the invention of Wes Craven! Read the book - The Serpent and the Rainbow....

    I am NOT as gullible as you may think I am... Do you really think ALL yuwipi ceremonies are FAKE???

    I find your ability to just ignore what I say and to then make assertions which do not follow my line of logic to be a case of complete denial on your part! I never said anything about aliens! you said....

    .
    Your assertion that life exists only on earth is totally unfounded. And contrary to your beliefs that there are "living" spiritual beings that are not constrained to the earth anyway. I find it quite surprising that you don't believe in aliens. ...
    ..

    My reference to no outside life in the universe was for your benefit as in from your logic standpoint. Since we have never encountered life outside of this planet earth as you say...

    I do believe in spirit entities AND they ARE constrained to this earth! But they are not ghosts! So see you made alot of assertions in that last statement which are NOT true about me and what I think! The idea that anyone who believes in the EVIDENCE as seen and experienced in a REAL yuwipi session is just superstitious is CRAZY talk!! You assume that there are NO spirits because you have never seen one or you do not believe what you see!.... But IF a yuwipi cerimony is true and real then you are at a loss to explain it using your kind of logic where there are NO Spirits or entities in this world....


    Namaste,

    Mystykal
    Last edited by Mystykal; 10-08-2014 at 02:55 AM.
    Mystykal

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Hi
    Richard:
    Hey! Chill out! You seem to be getting way out there in your assumptions about what I am saying...
    Hey there Mystykal,

    I was totally chill. I guess you missed the smiley I put at the end of my comment. I was just agreeing with you about how difficult communication through little characters can be ... too easily misunderstood. That's all. Funny, your response exemplifies the point I was trying to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    You do know that the movie was written around a TRUE story of a doctor who went to discover puffer fish extract as a real ingredient for anesthetics! The movie is NOT the invention of Wes Craven! Read the book - The Serpent and the Rainbow....
    I read the wiki article, and I didn't see any reason to think anything supernatural happened. On the contrary, the book talks about drugs! Here's the opening paragraph:
    The book presents the case of Clairvius Narcisse, a man who had been a zombie for two years, as showing that the zombification process was more likely the result of a complex interaction of tetrodotoxin, a powerful hallucinogen called Datura, and cultural forces and beliefs.[1]
    What are you suggesting this proves?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    I am NOT as gullible as you may think I am... Do you really think ALL yuwipi ceremonies are FAKE???
    I don't know about "all" but I most certainly think that stories of immaterial spirits carrying physical rattles around is false. Why would you believe something like that? That's the oldest fakery in the books! Fake mediums have been connecting things to strings and moving them around in dim light for centuries. This is why they can never demonstrate anything like this to Randi. All he does is make sure that they can't fake their bullshit, and BEHOLD! They can't fake their bullshit. Do you really find that surprising?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    You assume that there are NO spirits because you have never seen one or you do not believe what you see!....
    Not true. I just assume that if there are spirits, then the evidence wouldn't go POOF! and disappear the moment anyone made sure that the mediums weren't faking it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    But IF a yuwipi cerimony is true and real then you are at a loss to explain it using your kind of logic where there are NO Spirits or entities in this world....
    As long as they can't actually demonstrate that the spirits can actually do anything, then there is nothing for me to explain.

    All your "evidence" is the stuff of stories and fantasies. Which is more likely to be true - that Muhammad rode a horse to the moon, or one of his followers made up a story? Why is this so hard for you to understand? I'm not even being a "hard nosed skeptic." YOu have yet to present any evidence worth considering.

    How do you decide which story to believe? Do you believe that Muhammad rode a horse to the moon? If not, why not? You believe all sorts of stories that have no more evidence supporting them than that.

    Great chatting my friend!

    Shine on!

    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    Yes, I do have a way to discern between "real conspiracies" and paranoid fantasies. It is the same way I approach all facts in life, including the Word of God, reason, science, and good old trustworthy common sense and intuition. But it is often difficult to discern, or even more difficult to know for certain some facts, because secret societies are just that, secret.
    I'm sorry, but I don't see an answer to my question. From what I've read of your posts, it seems to me that you use the same methodology as the "lunatic fringe" of the conspiracy theorists that you say "undoubtedly exist." Perhaps I have not understood. An excellent solution would be for you to present two or three of your best "methods" that you have used to discern the existence of these conspiracies. I don't need a "book" - on the contrary, please be as brief as possible. What is the best evidence you have for your beliefs about conspiracies and "secret societies" that actually rule the world? (If that's what you believe.)

    Shine on!



    PS: Sorry for the slow response. I'm very interested in the conversation, but work has been keeping me busy.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't see an answer to my question. From what I've read of your posts, it seems to me that you use the same methodology as the "lunatic fringe" of the conspiracy theorists that you say "undoubtedly exist." Perhaps I have not understood. An excellent solution would be for you to present two or three of your best "methods" that you have used to discern the existence of these conspiracies. I don't need a "book" - on the contrary, please be as brief as possible. What is the best evidence you have for your beliefs about conspiracies and "secret societies" that actually rule the world? (If that's what you believe.)

    Shine on!



    PS: Sorry for the slow response. I'm very interested in the conversation, but work has been keeping me busy.
    Richard, this is one where I am just going to let you think I am part of the "lunatic fringe". I am quite certain that you are aware of some of them too, as you are much too smart to not know this. So I am guessing that you, for whatever reason, are being willfully ignorant of this one.

    I don't really believe that any secret society could ever rule the world, as I believe that God is still Sovereign over all of His creation, including the Devil, and these human elite will all find themselves standing before the Judgement of God, at the end of time, to receive their just penalty for their willful disobedience.

    If Jeremiah, an OT Prophet of God, could plead with the people of Jerusalem to turn in repentance to God, then I guess it is only fitting that some much lesser servant of the Lord, such as I, could plead with the world around me, to repent and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, and to save himself or herself from the Judgement to come.

    I judge no man, woman, or child. I am merely a servant of the Living God, a sinner saved by grace.
    Last edited by dpenn; 10-09-2014 at 12:08 AM.
    dp:

    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    Richard, this is one where I am just going to let you think I am part of the "lunatic fringe". I am quite certain that you are aware of some of them too, as you are much too smart to not know this. So I am guessing that you, for whatever reason, are being willfully ignorant of this one.
    Too smart to not know what? If you can't even state your reasons, how then can you claim I am wilfully ignorant? I get the impression you know that the errors in your "reasons" will be exposed if you actually state them as a clear proposition, and so are dodging.

    Here's a big hint for you: Why are conspiracy theories typically presented as a long list of cherry picked coincidences? Because that is how delusions are created! It's pretty simple stuff. Anyone on the outside can see it immediately. I know, because I only recently woke up to see how I was deluded by Christianity and the Bible Wheel. When I was on the inside, I couldn't see the errors in my logic. Now they are embarrassingly obvious. But that's ok, cuz being embarrassed out here in the fresh air is preferable to being smug in my dank dungeon of delusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    I don't really believe that any secret society could ever rule the world, as I believe that God is still Sovereign over all of His creation, including the Devil, and these human elite will all find themselves standing before the Judgement of God, at the end of time, to receive their just penalty for their willful disobedience.
    I've gotten the impression that you hold to the Westminster Confession of the Faith, specifically, that "God ordained whatsoever comes to pass." We should talk about that sometime. When I was a Christian, I thought that was the most blatant imposition of a fallacious human invention upon the Bible. It looked to me like a logic-monster gone mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    If Jeremiah, an OT Prophet of God, could plead with the people of Jerusalem to turn in repentance to God, then I guess it is only fitting that some much lesser servant of the Lord, such as I, could plead with the world around me, to repent and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, and to save himself or herself from the Judgement to come.
    Why would you waste your time pleading with a God who will do what he will do regardless of what you say? Is not prayer pure vanity?

    Have you not noticed that you god himself is not even free? If he's always known everything, then he never had a chance to make any decisions! What then determines what God would do if he couldn't decide for himself? He's determined by some unknown force or "nature" like a dull, dead, rock.

    Well, time is fleeting. Talk more soon.

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    East of West!
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there Mystykal,

    I was totally chill. I guess you missed the smiley I put at the end of my comment. I was just agreeing with you about how difficult communication through little characters can be ... too easily misunderstood. That's all. Funny, your response exemplifies the point I was trying to make.


    I read the wiki article, and I didn't see any reason to think anything supernatural happened. On the contrary, the book talks about drugs! Here's the opening paragraph:
    The book presents the case of Clairvius Narcisse, a man who had been a zombie for two years, as showing that the zombification process was more likely the result of a complex interaction of tetrodotoxin, a powerful hallucinogen called Datura, and cultural forces and beliefs.[1]
    What are you suggesting this proves?


    I don't know about "all" but I most certainly think that stories of immaterial spirits carrying physical rattles around is false. Why would you believe something like that? That's the oldest fakery in the books! Fake mediums have been connecting things to strings and moving them around in dim light for centuries. This is why they can never demonstrate anything like this to Randi. All he does is make sure that they can't fake their bullshit, and BEHOLD! They can't fake their bullshit. Do you really find that surprising?


    Not true. I just assume that if there are spirits, then the evidence wouldn't go POOF! and disappear the moment anyone made sure that the mediums weren't faking it.


    As long as they can't actually demonstrate that the spirits can actually do anything, then there is nothing for me to explain.

    All your "evidence" is the stuff of stories and fantasies. Which is more likely to be true - that Muhammad rode a horse to the moon, or one of his followers made up a story? Why is this so hard for you to understand? I'm not even being a "hard nosed skeptic." YOu have yet to present any evidence worth considering.

    How do you decide which story to believe? Do you believe that Muhammad rode a horse to the moon? If not, why not? You believe all sorts of stories that have no more evidence supporting them than that.

    Great chatting my friend!

    Shine on!

    Hi Richard:

    Really? You blew be off like you do not understand that the book a serpent and the rainbow has alot more info in it than the drugs issue. The doctor's life became affected and he was NOT doing the drugs! You really need to stop acting like my questions are not worth thinking about....
    As to yuwipi ceremonies... Randi has never proven one to be false! And your contention that a little rattle is no big deal to fake... what about the lights in the air the bound up man with hands bound... I will tell you that it is not completely dark in the room and you can see if there are people helping to untie him.... and for you to act like you can disregard all that info in one fell swoop and go to myths in Islam... well you are trying hard to avoid the subject!


    Namaste,

    Mystykal
    Mystykal

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    East of West!
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Hi Richard:

    Really? You blew me off like you do not understand that the book The serpent and the rainbow has alot more info in it than the drugs issue. The doctor's life became affected and he was NOT doing the drugs! You really need to stop acting like my questions are not worth thinking about....
    As to yuwipi ceremonies... Randi has never proven one to be false! And your contention that a little rattle is no big deal to fake... what about the lights in the air the bound up man with hands bound... I will tell you that it is not completely dark in the room and you can see if there are people helping to untie him.... and for you to act like you can disregard all that info in one fell swoop and go to myths in Islam... well you are trying hard to avoid the subject!


    Namaste,

    Mystykal
    Mystykal

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •