Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    Conversations with Gambini about Goats, Sex, and his Momma

    [MODERATOR NOTE: This thread was split from the Genetic Entropy thread.]


    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Yes, you DID refuse to answer and you know it. I FULLY ADMIT that I was trying to get you to *ADMIT* that you do NOT believe the things I mentioned are morally wrong. Why? Because I KNOW there is no rational way for you to say they are morally wrong UNDER YOUR MORAL THEORY. That's the whole point. It is *OBVIOUS* to anyone with half a brain that you KNEW this and simply dodged the questions. And I didn't lie when I said your moral theory ALLOWS for circumstances under which child molestation is okay. You *FALSELY* (that is, you LIED) claimed I said that you *SAID* child molestation was okay under certain circumstances. BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID DUDE!!! What I SAID was your MORAL THEORY *ALLOWS* for child molestation under certain circumstances. I was making an ARGUMENT. Do you see the difference? ...

    BINI
    Hello Bini

    You are guilty as charged based on these three points:

    1. To say that Richard's moral theory "Allows" for child molestation in certain circumstances, is the same as saying Richard thinks child molestation is okay in certain circumstances.

    2. A child can never be a consenting adult, thus an adult could never say that a child consented to being molested under any circumstances.

    3. Molestation by its very description is a crime and immoral, so it could never be allowed under any circumstances. A moral theory that allowed for child molestation under ANY circumstances would be immoral.


    Kind regards,
    Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 08-10-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post

    Now I DID say that YOU (personally) didn't see anything morally wrong with a man who has a vasectomy having consenting sex with his mother. Why? Two reasons ...

    1) You would not answer the question.

    2) I ALREADY KNOW there is no way for you to argue it is morally wrong UNDER YOUR MORAL THEORY.


    BINI
    Hello Bini


    Quite the contrary! We have both answered your question many times over.

    Both Richard and I have stated that the type of relationship two consenting adults have is their own personal business ... it is neither our place nor yours to judge them. Whether or not Richard or I agree with, or like certain lifestyles, has nothing to do with the rights of consenting adults to have the type of relationships they desire.



    Kind regards,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    278

    Conversations with Gambini about Goats, Sex, and his Momma

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Yet I persisted, and have tried to engage you on an intellectual level and you almost began to speak semi-rationally a couple weeks ago, but then dropped the conversation (apparently because I refuted your points)

    There you go again. Assuming you've "won" an argument because I don't respond to every single comment directed at me. Get real, Richard. You do realize that some of us have lives, right? And you're not the only "atheist" I'm having discussions with online either. The world doesn't revolve around your website.



    Since I have some time set aside right now, I will grant your request and reply to your last comment on that thread regarding *YOUR* moral theory. However, your assertion that before you answer the question I posed, we need to discuss HOW something becomes moral or immoral, is just plain bullshit. You don't just go up to someone and ask them what their moral theory is. In any normal discussion, you first ask someone IF they believe x is moral or immoral. After they ANSWER that question, THEN you ask them WHY they believe x is moral or immoral (and that's when they explain their moral theory). You are trying to DODGE the question I asked and skip to arguing your moral theory because you already know we'll never agree on what makes something objectively moral or immoral, which means you'll never end up even responding to the question. If I wanted to be an asshole, I could have just refused to even discuss your moral theory until you answered my question first. But I'll let that go and respond to your moral theory in the thread you put up.



    BINI

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    We have both answered your question many times over.

    Both Richard and I have stated that the type of relationship two consenting adults have is their own personal business ... it is neither our place nor yours to judge them. Whether or not Richard or I agree with, or like certain lifestyles, has nothing to do with the rights of consenting adults to have the type of relationships they desire.

    Thank you. Now anyone who accuses me of "lying" when I said Richard and Rose doesn't have any moral issue with an ADULT man having *CONSENTING* sex with his ADULT mother, is a LIAR ...


    1) Rose just said she *ANSWERED* my question.

    2) In response to my question, Rose FLAT OUT states that what consenting adults do in their own private lives is not our business.


    Does this sound like the response of someone who objects morally to the question I raised??? I don't see how it could. Why not just give a plain yes or no? We already know we don't agree WHY something is moral or immoral. So why not just give a straightforward answer. For example, I, Gambini, believe it is morally wrong for a man to have sex with his mother (under ANY circumstance) BECAUSE it violates the natural order that God has ordained for sexual intimacy. Now we already know Rose DISAGREES with my moral theory just as I disagree with HER moral theory. But that still doesn't answer my question!!! ...


    Rose, I answered my question with a plain yes (I DO believe it is wrong). Now why can't you do the same??? Yes or no, do you believe it is morally wrong for an ADULT man (with a vasectomy) to have *CONSENTING* sex with his ADULT mother??? If so, WHY???



    BINI
    Last edited by Gambini; 08-12-2014 at 10:25 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Thank you. Now anyone who accuses me of "lying" when I said Richard and Rose doesn't have any moral issue with an ADULT man having *CONSENTING* sex with his ADULT mother, is a LIAR ...
    You lied when you said that the moral theory Rose and I subscribe to allows for child molestation.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Thank you. Now anyone who accuses me of "lying" when I said Richard and Rose doesn't have any moral issue with an ADULT man having *CONSENTING* sex with his ADULT mother, is a LIAR ...


    1) Rose just said she *ANSWERED* my question.

    2) In response to my question, Rose FLAT OUT states that what consenting adults do in their own private lives is not our business.


    Does this sound like the response of someone who objects morally to the question I raised??? I don't see how it could. Why not just give a plain yes or no? We already know we don't agree WHY something is moral or immoral. So why not just give a straightforward answer. For example, I, Gambini, believe it is morally wrong for a man to have sex with his mother (under ANY circumstance) BECAUSE it violates the natural order that God has ordained for sexual intimacy. Now we already know Rose DISAGREES with my moral theory just as I disagree with HER moral theory. But that still doesn't answer my question!!! ...


    Rose, I answered my question with a plain yes (I DO believe it is wrong). Now why can't you do the same??? Yes or no, do you believe it is morally wrong for an ADULT man (with a vasectomy) to have *CONSENTING* sex with his ADULT mother??? If so, WHY???



    BINI
    Hello Bini

    The answer to your question is: CONSENTING RELATIONSHIPS AMONG ADULTS IS NOT A MORAL ISSUE!
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    You lied when you said that the moral theory Rose and I subscribe to allows for child molestation.

    THAT'S NOT A LIE DUDE!!! How can it be a "lie" when I was making an *ARGUMENT* that your moral theory ALLOWS for circumstances where molestation is not morally wrong? I STILL stand by that *ARGUMENT*. It's one thing for you to say my *ARGUMENT* is wrong, but you're saying I'm LYING!!! Since when is it acceptable to call someone a LIAR simply because they make an *ARGUMENT* you think is wrong??? ...


    Here's my *ARGUMENT* as to why I believe your moral theory ALLOWS for molestation in certain circumstances ...


    GIVEN YOUR MORAL THEORY, I don't see HOW you can rationally say it is morally wrong for someone to molest or fondle someone (even a child) who is induced into a coma for example OR why there should even be a law against it. IF NOBODY IS HARMED, then how do you make the case that it is wrong under your moral theory??? Furthermore, the molested subject would never even know he or she was molested or fondled. So how can it be wrong UNDER YOUR MORAL THEORY???



    BINI

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    GIVEN YOUR MORAL THEORY, I don't see HOW you can rationally say it is morally wrong for someone to molest or fondle someone (even a child) who is induced into a coma for example OR why there should even be a law against it. IF NOBODY IS HARMED, then how do you make the case that it is wrong under your moral theory??? Furthermore, the molested subject would never even know he or she was molested or fondled. So how can it be wrong UNDER YOUR MORAL THEORY???
    If you really believe no one would be harmed, then why do you think it would be wrong?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    The answer to your question is: CONSENTING RELATIONSHIPS AMONG ADULTS IS NOT A MORAL ISSUE!

    Thank you. FOR THE RECORD, let it be known throughout the cosmos that according to the atheistic moral theory of Rose, there is nothing morally wrong with an ADULT man (with a vasectomy) having *CONSENTING* sex with his ADULT mother, auntie or grand mummy. Nor is there anything morally wrong (in her view) with an ADULT woman having *CONSENTING* sex with her own mother.


    Thanks for clearing that up, Rose. I'm willing to drop this discussion right now (since this thread is really not the place for it).



    BINI

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    If you really believe no one would be harmed, then why do you think it would be wrong?

    I already said why I, Gambini, believe ANY sexually immoral act is wrong (namely, it violates the natural order that God has ordained for sexual intimacy). That's my view. Now why is it wrong to you? I'm only making the *ARGUMENT* that I don't see how it can be deemed as wrong UNDER YOUR MORAL THEORY. Maybe you think I'm wrong. Fine. But don't call me a LIAR for making a freaking *ARGUMENT*.



    BINI

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •