Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Both Exodus 3:15, this is my name forever and my memorial from generation to generation
    and Isaiah 41:4, Who calls the generations from the beginning; I, the Lord, am first, and with the last ones I am He.

shed light on the (in)famous "this generation" of Matthew 24:34

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Both Exodus 3:15, this is my name forever and my memorial from generation to generation
    and Isaiah 41:4, Who calls the generations from the beginning; I, the Lord, am first, and with the last ones I am He.

shed light on the (in)famous "this generation" of Matthew 24:34

Matthew 24:3,
    Καθημένου δὲ αὐτοῦ ἐπὶ τοῦ Ὄρους τῶν Ἐλαιῶν προσῆλθον αὐτῷ οἱ μαθηταὶ κατ' ἰδίαν λέγοντες, Εἰπὲ ἡμῖν πότε ταῦτα ἔσται, καὶ τί τὸ σημεῖον τῆς σῆς παρουσίας καὶ συντελείας τοῦ αἰῶνος.

so:
    τί τὸ σημεῖον = what is the sign?

matches LXX Exodus 3:12,
    τοῦτό σοι τὸ σημεῖον = this is for you the sign

παρουσία = presence, being there
    a form of παρεῖναι ( πάρειμι) = to be present, be there

συντέλεια = completion, perfection, end

from συντελέω , used in LXX Genesis 2:1,
    καὶ συνετελέσθησαν ὁ οὐρανὸς καὶ ἡ γῆ καὶ πᾶς ὁ κόσμος αὐτῶν

Mark 13:4 has
    Εἰπὸν ἡμῖν πότε ταῦτα ἔσται, καὶ τί τὸ σημεῖον ὅταν μέλλῃ ταῦτα συντελεῖσθαι πάντα

so Matthew 28:20,
    καὶ ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ μεθ' ὑμῶν εἰμι πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας ἕως τῆς συντελείας τοῦ αἰῶνος.

jumping over the gap between "yom shishi" and "yom hashishi"

The gap between "yom shishi" and "yom hashishi" is the abyss mentioned in LXX Genesis 1:2,
    ἡ δὲ γῆ ἦν ἀόρατος καὶ ἀκατασκεύαστος καὶ σκότος ἐπάνω τῆς ἀβύςου καὶ πνεῦμα θεοῦ ἐπεφέρετο ἐπάνω τοῦ ὕδατος

i.e. there is no bottom, no fundament, no ground under your feet, which means that you fall.

Same abyss is mentioned in Revelation 20, And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and holding in his hand a great chain, etc.

Rashi on Genesis 1:31,
    יוֹם הַשִּׁשִּׁי

the sixth day
    : Scripture added a ?hey? on the sixth [day], at the completion of the Creation, to tell us that He stipulated with them, [?you were created] on the condition that Israel accept the Five Books of the Torah.? [The numerical value of the ?hey? is five.] (Tanchuma Bereishith 1). Another explanation for ?the sixth day? : They [the works of creation] were all suspended (doubtful) until the ?sixth day,? referring to the sixth day of Sivan, which was prepared for the giving of the Torah (Shab. 88a). [The?hey? is the definite article, alluding to the well-known sixth day, the sixth day of Sivan, when the Torah was given (ad loc.).]
    The key of the abyss closes the door to the seventh day

All the Petty DECEPTION!

Ex 3:14- Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I am that I am hath sent me unto you.
    15- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
    >>>>> Jehovah <<<<<<
    , the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:
    THIS is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Quote Originally Posted by theMadJW View Post
    Ex 3:14- Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I am that I am hath sent me unto you.
    15- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
    >>>>> Jehovah <<<<<<
    , the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:
    THIS is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
    "ehyeh" is not "I am", but "I will be"

Exodus 3:14,
    God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'"

Rashi on Exodus 3:15,

This is My name forever: Heb. לְעֹלָם [It is spelled] without a vav, meaning: conceal it [God's name] תהַעִלִימֵהוּ [so] that it should not be read as it is written. [from Pes. 50a] Since the "vav" of (לְעֹלָ ם) is missing, we are to understand it as לְעַלֵּם, to conceal, meaning that the pronunciation of the way God's name is written (י-ה-ו-ה) is to be concealed. [from Pes. 50a.]

Thread Information