Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Seventy years and Bible Chapter 770

Here's some more info about the 70 years of Babylonian supremacy that I forgot to post:

The most important passage concerning this time period is found in Jeremiah 25. It reads:
    Jer 25:11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
    Now what makes this passage even more interesting is that Jeremiah 25 is Bible Chapter 770.

770 = 70 + 700 !
    770 = 70 + (70 x 10)

Is it merely a coincidence?

Chapter 770

Thanks Victor,

That is interesting

770 Years

It is interesting that the seventy years of Jeremiah occur in chapter 770 of the Bible.

Also, modern scholars often refer to the reformation as the second axial age.
    If you google "second axial age" you will see a host of references to this.

The parallels between the demise of the First and Second Temples is very interesting. The emergence of approximately 7 major religious movements in the 6th century B.C. parallels the 7 churches that emerged at the time of the destruction of the second temple.

As I note in my book "Sign of the Son of Man", the destruction of both the First and Second Temples occurred on the same day, and 4 years before both events a sign appeared. Also both events were preceded by 40 years of warning.

I can only refer you to the book - which is provided as a free e book here -
    http://www.craigdemo.co.uk/craig.htm

Thankyou for your insights regarding the larger patterns in world history.

Regards

Craig

Thank you for bringing that up again, Craig! There's a lot to be discussed.

Axial age, parallelisms between the first and second destructions of the temple, and so on.

Hang around the board, your insights are appreciated.
    Victor

A period of 770 years

Here's some more info about the 70 years of Babylonian supremacy that I forgot to post:

The most important passage concerning this time period is found in Jeremiah 25. It reads:
    Jer 25:11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
    Now what makes this passage even more interesting is that Jeremiah 25 is Bible Chapter 770.

770 = 70 + 700 !
    770 = 70 + (70 x 10)

Is it merely a coincidence?
    I have come across a period of 770 years before. -

There are 770 years from the date of the miraculous salvation of Jerusalem from the Assyrian Army in 701 B.C. until the final destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

What is more, if we take the date of the Exodus as the traditional one, according to Usher chronology (1492 B.C.) - then there are 770 years from the Exodus until the miraculous salvation of Jerusalem from the Assyrian army in 701 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig.Paardekooper View Post
    I have come across a period of 770 years before. -

There are 770 years from the date of the miraculous salvation of Jerusalem from the Assyrian Army in 701 B.C. until the final destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

What is more, if we take the date of the Exodus as the traditional one, according to Usher chronology (1492 B.C.) - then there are 770 years from the Exodus until the miraculous salvation of Jerusalem from the Assyrian army in 701 B.C.
    It is nice to find a round number that rings the Number 7 in association with the period between Jerusalem's deliverance from Sennacherib and its destruction by the Romans. Seven features prominently in all three numbers: 701, 70 and 770.

As for the second time period you mention, it is not correct. There are 791 years between the Exodus and Sennacherib's defeat according to Ussher's chronology, not 770.

791 years

Well, the Northern Kingdom perished in 721 B.C. , 770 years after the Exodus.
    The Southern Tribes escaped destruction and where miraculously delivered in 701 B.C. - they were given an extension of 770 years.

1492 - 721 = 770 years
    701 + 70 = 770 years (we do not count 0 B.C.)

The Northern Kingdom perished after 770 years. It was utterly destroyed by the Assyrians. However Hezekiah repented, and the Southern Kingdom was spared. Just as Hezekiah was given an extension of his life, so the Southern Kingdom was given an extension for 770 years - a second chance.
    Last edited by Craig.Paardekooper; 08-02-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Well, the Northern Kingdom perished in 721 B.C. , 770 years after the Exodus.
    The Southern Tribes escaped destruction and where miraculously delivered in 701 B.C. - they were given an extension of 770 years.

1492 - 721 = 770 years
    701 + 70 = 770 years (we do not count 0 B.C.)

The Northern Kingdom perished after 770 years. It was utterly destroyed by the Assyrians. However Hezekiah repented, and the Southern Kingdom was spared. Just as Hezekiah was given an extension of his life, so the Southern Kingdom was given an extension for 770 years - a second chance.
    Brilliant!

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?'

Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.f

I have written a short book on Isaiah that covers this subject in more depth - http://www.craigdemo.co.uk/craig.htm

I have written a short book on Isaiah that covers this subject in more depth - http://www.craigdemo.co.uk/craig.htm
    Hi Craig,

Congratulations on finishing another eBook! I see there are eight on your page now. Good work. I'll take a look at the new one called "Isaiah."
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information