Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jaspers Insight

What Jaspers did not fully realise was that the Axial Age thinkers are far more concentrated in time than he suspected. Many of them emerged within one or two years of one another - and all emerged within a single generation - the generation of captivity. Both before and after Jaspers, many writers have noted the almost simultaneous appearance of the different movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig.Paardekooper View Post
    What Jaspers did not fully realise was that the Axial Age thinkers are far more concentrated in time than he suspected. Many of them emerged within one or two years of one another - and all emerged within a single generation - the generation of captivity. Both before and after Jaspers, many writers have noted the almost simultaneous appearance of the different movements.
    That is the most amazing thing about the insight that you documented in your ebook. It really does have the feel of something that goes quite a ways beyond a "mere coincidence."
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Spoke 16: Seventy years and the Gentiles

Craig,

You did an excellent work. Very enlightening! It is really amazing how many religious movements independently popped up around the world at that time. And that was the exact time when Israel had lost its position as a light to the world.

The Number 70 that signals the time of Babylon's supremacy and Israel's fall is really a number that has much to do with the Gentiles. As RAM points out, Genesis 10 records the name of the seventy nations of mankind. And the 70 years of Jeremiah's prophecy similarly links 70 to the Gentiles:
    Jer 25:11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
    Seventy is the standard value of Ayin, the 16th letter that governs the 6th century BC, when these seventy years were finished.

In that same century was written the book of Zechariah, on Spoke 16 (Ayin) of the Bible Wheel. There we read of a period of seventy years as well:
    Zec 7:4 Then came the word of the LORD of hosts unto me, saying,
    Zec 7:5 Speak unto all the people of the land, and to the priests, saying, When ye fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh month, even those seventy years, did ye at all fast unto me, even to me?
    The Lord here refers to the 70 years that began with Jerusalem's destruction. Therefore, the Number 70 saturates the century governed by Ayin in pre-Christian History.

Victor
    Last edited by Victor; 07-21-2008 at 11:16 AM.

The sevenfold light transferred to the Gentiles

Quote Originally Posted by Craig.Paardekooper View Post
    In 590 B.C. Ezekiel records that Gods Spirit left the Temple - only to return 70years later in 520 B.C.

The presence of God in the Temple had always manifested in the Light of the Menorah - the 7 flames of the candle stick - the light of revelation.

One flame was eternal - and the other flames were lit from it each day.

When God departed from the Temple, it seems His spirit was poured out upon the world. During the seventy years of his departure a flame went to every nation -

1. Zoroaster
    2. Buddhism
    3. Jainism
    4. Confucianism
    5. Taoism
    6. Philosophy
    7. Shintoism

However, all were lit from the central flame - the flame of Israel.
    Here's a thought: God showed in 70 AD that He had left the building of Jerusalem's temple. Carnal Israel ceased to be a light to the world in the first century. Judaism experienced what the Lord Jesus said could happen to the church of Ephesus if they didn't repent:
    Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
    Israel's spiritual loss is graphically reflected in the Arch of Titus which depicts the Menorah being removed from the Jews and transferred to the Gentiles:

So there can be a similarity between the destruction of Jerusalem in the 1st century AD and in the 6th century BC in this regard. Babylon subdued Jerusalem and the Light of God was "transferred" to the Gentiles, as it were. Many unusual beliefs unexpectedly began to be held by them because of the new religious movements.

But of course the true Light to the Gentiles, Jesus Christ, would yet appear, at the consummation of the age in the first century. The Gentile soil was prepared to the outspread of the Christian message.

The sevenfold list you offer above is interesting. It should be precise before we can further link it to the concept of "sevenfold light". Is this cathegorization accurate? Can't they be grouped differently, yielding a distinct result?

Thank you for you insights and research Craig!

The Reformers: 6th Century BC and 16th Century AD

Here is a quote from philosopher Lasaulx taken from your book:

It cannot possibly be an accident that, six hundred years before Christ,Zarathustra in Persia, Gautama Buddha in India, Confucius in China, the prophets in Israel, King Numa in Rome and the first philosophers—Ionians, Dorians, Eleatics—in Hellas, all made their appearance pretty well simultaneously as reformers of the national religion.

Note that all of these are called "reformers" of their religions. If you take a look at the Wheel of World History above you'll find that the 6th century BC corresponds to the 16th century AD in the cycles before and after Christ. They are both governed by the letter Ayin. In the 16th century the Protestant Reformation took place.

That really sounds interesting because the common theme of "reformers" is significant in both centuries governed by Ayin. The events in the 16th century were like a fountain producing the "waters of knowledge" commonly known as the Enlightenment that would flow in the centuries that followed, as most notably manifest in the Scientific Revolution (17th century), the French Revolution (18th century) and Materialism (19th century).

Victor
    Last edited by Victor; 07-21-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Here is a quote from philosopher Lasaulx taken from your book:

It cannot possibly be an accident that, six hundred years before Christ,Zarathustra in Persia, Gautama Buddha in India, Confucius in China, the prophets in Israel, King Numa in Rome and the first philosophers—Ionians, Dorians, Eleatics—in Hellas, all made their appearance pretty well simultaneously as reformers of the national religion.
    Note that all of these are called "reformers" of their religions. If you take a look at the Wheel of World History above you'll find that the 6th century BC corresponds to the 16th century AD in the cycles before and after Christ. They are both governed by the letter Ayin. In the 16th century the Protestant Reformation took place.

That really sounds interesting because the common theme of "reformers" is significant in both centuries governed by Ayin. The events in the 16th century were like a fountain producing the "waters of knowledge" commonly known as the Enlightenment that would flow in the centuries that followed, as most notably manifest in the Scientific Revolution (17th century), the French Revolution (18th century) and Materialism (19th century).

Victor
    There is an extremely powerful connection between the BC and AD time periods governed by Ayin and Pey. These periods are the 6th and 5th centuries BC and the 16th and 17th centuries AD. The AD periods correspond to the beginning (16th c.) and full flowering (17th c.) of the Scientific Revolution. The corresponding BC period contains very similar events, most notably the life of Pythagorus (ca. 580-490 BC). Here is a quote I found after about 23 seconds of searching the internet:
    Best known today for the so-called Pythagorean theorem, the sixth-century BC Greek mystic and philosopher Pythagoras taught far more than geometry at the school, or ashram, he founded in Kroton, Italy. Widely traveled throughout Asia Minor as well as in ancient Egypt, Babylon, Persia and India, Pythagoras absorbed the sacred knowledge of the ancient world, and re-cast it in a form that would form the basis for modern science, philosophy, mathematics, and music theory. ... The central concept of Pythagoras’ teachings, was harmonia, the Divine Harmony at the core of both cosmos and psyche, a concept derived from the religious tradition of Orpheus, but which was to lead to the teachings of Plato, and later to both the seven liberal arts of medieval education, the trivium and the quadrivium, and, eventually, to the development of empirical science in the seventeenth century.
    Again, it is particularly intriguing that we have the Ayin-Pey connection (Eye = enlightment/knowledge, Mouth- expression/development of that knowledge) governing these two periods. We could spend months documenting the correspondences. They are two of the most stunning "bursts of light" that have broken forth into the world of the intellect.

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    There is an extremely powerful connection between the BC and AD time periods governed by Ayin and Pey. These periods are the 6th and 5th centuries BC and the 16th and 17th centuries AD. The AD periods correspond to the beginning (16th c.) and full flowering (17th c.) of the Scientific Revolution. The corresponding BC period contains very similar events, most notably the life of Pythagorus (ca. 580-490 BC). Here is a quote I found after about 23 seconds of searching the internet:
    Best known today for the so-called Pythagorean theorem, the sixth-century BC Greek mystic and philosopher Pythagoras taught far more than geometry at the school, or ashram, he founded in Kroton, Italy. Widely traveled throughout Asia Minor as well as in ancient Egypt, Babylon, Persia and India, Pythagoras absorbed the sacred knowledge of the ancient world, and re-cast it in a form that would form the basis for modern science, philosophy, mathematics, and music theory. ... The central concept of Pythagoras’ teachings, was harmonia, the Divine Harmony at the core of both cosmos and psyche, a concept derived from the religious tradition of Orpheus, but which was to lead to the teachings of Plato, and later to both the seven liberal arts of medieval education, the trivium and the quadrivium, and, eventually, to the development of empirical science in the seventeenth century.
    Again, it is particularly intriguing that we have the Ayin-Pey connection (Eye = enlightment/knowledge, Mouth- expression/development of that knowledge) governing these two periods. We could spend months documenting the correspondences. They are two of the most stunning "bursts of light" that have broken forth into the world of the intellect.

Richard
    Great finding Richard! I have long been impressed with the historic flow of secular thought from the 16th century onward linked to the thematic chain of symbols of the Hebrew Alphabet. And now you point to another link, this one uniting symmetrical periods between and after Christ. Astounding!

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Great finding Richard! I have long been impressed with the historic flow of secular thought from the 16th century onward linked to the thematic chain of symbols of the Hebrew Alphabet. And now you point to another link, this one uniting symmetrical periods between and after Christ. Astounding!

Victor
    Hey Victor,

Everywhere I look I see new glory revealed. Consider the 18th Century AD governed by Tzaddi. Just as the Gospel first GOES FORTH (Tzaddi KeyWord Tzey) from Spoke 18 of the Bible Wheel (in the book of Matthew) and the corresponding 40th Chaper of Isaiah, so in the 18th Century AD we behold the great evangelical explosion marked by the Gospel going forth in a new and amazing way into all the world. I have had this documented on my site for years.

And now I just glanced at the 4th Century BC which also corresponds to Tzaddi, and what did I see? That century was absolutely dominated by one individual - Alexander the Great - who WENT FORTH to unite the world with the single language (Greek) and to pave the roads in prepartion for the coming of the Gospel in the first century. A quick internet search yields great insights. Here is something from George R. Beasley-Murray:

The Preparation of the Gospel
    George R. Beasley-Murray

The title echoes a phrase which was once not uncommon in theological writings, namely praeparatio euangelii. By this was generally indicated the process whereby the divine providence prepared the world for the gospel. It was a frequent theme of Christian apologists to trace the steps by which the ancient world was made ready for the coming of Jesus and the spread of the good news. These features included the preparation of the chosen people through their long history, the development of religion and philosophy among the pagans [beginning in the 6th c. BC], the provision by Alexander the Great of a unifying culture and language of communication for all peoples [in the 4th c. BC], and the political unification of the world through the Romans, by reason of which the early Christian missionaries were able to take the gospel to the nations in a way which had been previously impossible. There is actually a section in the library of Southern Baptist Seminary devoted to the theme, “the preparation of the world for Christianity,” and some at least of the works in that section elaborate this idea in a variety of ways.
    And here's another http://www.focusongod.com/luke01s.htm:
    Much of that preparation for Christ birth took place during the 400 years of prophetic silence between the closing of the Old Testament and the New Testament. During the years of 356-323 BC. Alexander the Great came on the world scene. As Alexander moved his conquering troops throughout the world, he set up cities and libraries for the express purpose of spreading the Greek culture and language. By the time Rome came to power, the Greek language had become a universal language. It was this influence that brought about the translation of the Hebrew Scriptures into the Greek language. That Greek translation is the Septuagint. This Greek translation of Jewish Scriptures acquainted the non-Jew with the principles of the Jewish faith, which played an important role in fulfilling God's plan of redemption.

The apostles of the New Testament were able to travel [GO FORTH] through the Greek-speaking world preaching from the Greek Septuagint. As the New Testament was revealed it was disseminated throughout the world in the universal language of Greek. As we view this aspect of divine history, we see God moving men and nations through 400 silent years preparing for Christ birth and the reception of his teaching. Alexander the Great believed his mission was divine, although he never knew Jehovah God. He sought to become a son of the Sun god of Egypt. But he never really knew how divine his mission was. God used him in preparation for the birth of his Son.
    The insights are pouring forth! I will post more as time permits.

Richard

Check out my blog site

The Menorah and the Gentile nations

The correspondence between the number of flames on the Menorah, and the springing forth of the Gentile religions is

Zoroastrianism
    Greek Philosophy
    Hindu Upanishads
    Buddhism
    Jainism
    Taoism
    Confucianism

As you can see, there are 7 - which is suggestive but not conclusive - just as there were 7 churches that sprang up in Revelations.

Perhaps the answer will only become apparent as you go deeper.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    My friend Craig Paardecooper just sent me a link to his free new eBook:

http://www.craigdemo.co.uk/craig.htm

It presents the amazing "coincidence" that all the primary religions of the world (except Hinduism and Islam) sprang into existence during the time of the Babylonian Exile (600 - 539 BC) which marked the beginning of the "Times of the Gentiles."

It's a quick read, well written. I'd love to know what others think about this "coincidence."

Richard
    I Am a light in a dark place ... yes RAM "I Am"

http://thestarthatwouldbegod.blogspot.com/ GODDESS at your service

Thread Information