Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    Oh really? Than why are you trying to justify the gross immoralities in the Bible against women? Put your money where your mouth is and condemn the violence against women in the Bible.



    You're an ignorant fool CWH. Equal rights means both genders get treated FAIRLY and treated with respect. That means women gets the same rights as men. There is nothing wrong with that. It is moral and just. It's ignorant pigheaded men like you who can't see any perspective other than your own misguided religious views. Women do NOT need assigned roles in marriage any more than men do.
    You are also an ignorant fool. Your pighead brain always think that Men and Women cannot be treated fairly and treated with respect when there is no gender equality of rights. Look at the animal kingdom and tell me in which animal there is equal gender rights. And yet that system seems to be working well and for the supposed millions of years. You can give thanks and worship your Evolution God.

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 05-07-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Look at the animal kingdom and tell me which kind of animals are there equality in gender. There will still be a leader of the pack which is usually the alpha male; to a small extent the alpha female. And that system has been going on for the so call millions of years. Blame it on your Evolution God for the survival of the fittest and natural selection! Humans have been living for the supposed several million years and yet still cannot achieve equal rights for gender.
    So, now you are comparing yourself to the mentality of an animal? No wonder you say there is no equal rights for women.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I have said before the main reason why male and female cannot be equal is because of the differences in our physical, chemical, psychological, emotional makeup. Therefore, if total gender equality is not possible, then the best way is to use our differences and inequality to work harmoniously together for a better world. For example, men and women can work together to give more protection to women. I am in fact glad that countries are now working for better protection of females as in my post on Marital Rape but it also comes with a new set of problems which is why many countries are hesitant to ban it outright or prosecute the offender.
    As dense as you are, I am beginning to believe you do have the mentality of an animal.

    All humans share humanness and as such should be afforded equal human rights!

    I have said this same thing so many times, yet you still cannot get it through your head ... what is wrong with you??
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    As dense as you are, I am beginning to believe you do have the mentality of an animal.

    All humans share humanness and as such should be afforded equal human rights!

    I have said this same thing so many times, yet you still cannot get it through your head ... what is wrong with you??
    How dense are you? Are we not animals call Homo Sapiens? And are we not related to the Great Apes?

    And ironically man have to learn from animals and nature to gain scientific knowledge in aerodynamics, sonar technology, fusion energy, light, magnetism, electricity, antibiotics, microbiology etc. Looks like animals and nature have lots of scientific secrets for man to discover. Animals and nature seem much smarter than us in several areas.

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 05-07-2014 at 10:32 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Grow up. Of course there are times when divorce is the best solution. There are abusive marriages, there are forced marriages and many, many other reasons why divorce is sometimes the best answer. Just because two people get married does not automatically make it sacred or mean it's the best thing.
    It's not about Grow Up but Wake Up and see for yourself the divorce rate and the criminal rate!. "What God has joined, let no man put asunder" means that everyone must spare every effort to keep the marriage; divorce is the last resort. When couples divorced it is the children who suffers and bear psychological impact which may result in anti-social behavior towards criminal activities. It has been proven from statistic that many criminals are from broken families.

    So, your saying because a country has a law allowing something it makes it right! What about countries that don't allow women to drive, or to vote like Saudi Arabia, or countries that stone people to death for adultery? Are you saying those laws make human rights violations okay?
    From what I know from Saudi Arabia, their rationale is that women should be best kept for looking after the children which is already a burden, what more about driving their children and family which is best left for their husbands. Same rationale for voting but they are allowing women to vote. What?... in the first place is adultery a human right? It is serious crime in Saudi Arabian law and justice has to be applied if anyone violates their constitutional law. Can we do anything about it? Stoning for adultery is a punishment for women as well as men in their country. Same as I put it to you, is hanging of murderers a violation of human right or is it a human right to receive justice for the hanging of criminals?

    Forced sex outside of marriage = Rape That is the definition of rape given in secular law.

    I HAVE NOT said humans are subjected to the law of the Survival of the Fittest! What I have said is that one of the ways evolution works is through survival of the fittest - that is our biological history - self aware humans are no longer totally at the mercy of survival of the fittest, because we have big brains that allow us to overcome circumstances that other animals cannot.
    Unfortunately, Survival of the fittest seems to happen in many societies; the rich succeed and survive but the poor suffers and left to die. It's a reality and it doesn't matter if we have big brains or not.

    It is not considered wrong if an animal kills another animal and eats it, but it is totally wrong if a human animal kills another human and eats them. Quit trying to cloud the issue of rape being wrong! Rape only pertains to humans, not other animals.
    Rape happens in animals, you can ask the experts or are you denying expert's comments?

    Forced sex outside marriage = Rape, and it's always wrong because it violates a persons human rights!
    That's the definition of rape in secular law.

    Rape is rape and it's always wrong! Quit trying to justify it and admit that the Biblegod allowed and condoned Rape!
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=2]It doesn't matter if rape occurs in the Bible, in war time, or is allowed by the laws of certain countries, it is still a violation of a persons human rights and it is WRONG!
    I never said Rape is right. But marital rape if approved by secular law is not an offense; same with killing of the enemy in war.

    I have given examples that it is evil humans that condone rape. And that Evolution condones rapes. We know from God's character and passages in the Bible that He do not condone rape; there is no contradiction. God made sure the Israelites and those captive women were married and marriage means consent to bear children for her husband. There are no mention that the women resisted the marriage that itself implied consent to the marriage. Why didn't they all resisted if they refused to be married? To say they could not do anything is a lame excuse. They were offered pardon and blessings by their purification rituals which suggest they accepted the marriage. They may have noticed that the israelites and Bible God was better. Stop accusing God for condoning rape.

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 05-08-2014 at 03:18 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    We definitely see two opposite perspectives. One is based on Humanism, in which there is no God. The other is based on there being a Creator, who knows what is best for his creation.
    The two perspectives cannot be reconciled, because they are opposite.

    It might not be agreed from the Humanist side that "anything goes". Humanists can agree to having social rules, and that is setting some kind of moral framework for themselves. The problem is; some people will not accept any rules.

    The rules Humanists set for themselves can be the same as those set by God, but of course, God has to be excluded from having set those rules first.


    Men and women are typically fickle and unreliable, which the Bible points out and which Humanists will know already from experience.

    The Bible tells how the Children of Israel (God's chosen people) agreed to do everything God instructed them to do. (Exod 19:8) All that YHWH has said, we will do
    Soon after they said that, they went and disobeyed God's instruction. Many years later, when there was no earthly king in Israel (after God, as their king, had been rejected), it is written; (Judges 21:25) In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

    Nothing has changed. Humanists have no heavenly king, therefore, they have to do that which is right in their own eyes. Humanists make up their own rules for social living.

    It is futile for God-fearing people to try and reason with Humanists, or vice versa.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    It's not about Grow Up but Wake Up and see for yourself the divorce rate and the criminal rate!. "What God has joined, let no man put asunder" means that everyone must spare every effort to keep the marriage; divorce is the last resort. When couples divorced it is the children who suffers and bear psychological impact which may result in anti-social behavior towards criminal activities. It has been proven from statistic that many criminals are from broken families.
    No one said divorce is good, but sometimes it is the best choice, especially when there is abuse.


    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    From what I know from Saudi Arabia, their rationale is that women should be best kept for looking after the children which is already a burden, what more about driving their children and family which is best left for their husbands. Same rationale for voting but they are allowing women to vote. What?... in the first place is adultery a human right? It is serious crime in Saudi Arabian law and justice has to be applied if anyone violates their constitutional law. Can we do anything about it? Stoning for adultery is a punishment for women as well as men in their country. Same as I put it to you, is hanging of murderers a violation of human right or is it a human right to receive justice for the hanging of criminals?

    Forced sex outside of marriage = Rape That is the definition of rape given in secular law.
    You seem to have no respect for human rights, so I'm sure you think it's perfectly okay for Muslim countries to decree death to Muslims who convert to Christianity because its in their law! Why are you as a Christian so hung up on secular law?


    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Unfortunately, Survival of the fittest seems to happen in many societies; the rich succeed and survive but the poor suffers and left to die. It's a reality and it doesn't matter if we have big brains or not.


    Rape happens in animals, you can ask the experts or are you denying expert's comments?
    I suppose you also think animals murder each other. What are we going to do about all those raping and murdering animals? Lock them up in animal prisons.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Forced sex outside marriage = Rape, and it's always wrong because it violates a persons human rights!
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    That's the definition of rape in secular law.


    I never said Rape is right. But marital rape if approved by secular law is not an offense; same with killing of the enemy in war.
    Since you are so hung up on secular law, I suppose you don't see a problem when it bans Christianity or the freedom to practice your religion and that is not a violation of your human rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I have given examples that it is evil humans that condone rape. And that Evolution condones rapes. We know from God's character and passages in the Bible that He do not condone rape; there is no contradiction. God made sure the Israelites and those captive women were married and marriage means consent to bear children for her husband. There are no mention that the women resisted the marriage that itself implied consent to the marriage. Why didn't they all resisted if they refused to be married? To say they could not do anything is a lame excuse. They were offered pardon and blessings by their purification rituals which suggest they accepted the marriage. They may have noticed that the israelites and Bible God was better. Stop accusing God for condoning rape.

    God Bless.
    Forced marriage is not consent for anything, including bearing children. Can't you see how crazy the statement "God made sure the captive women were married" is? When someone is TAKEN CAPTIVE that means it's AGAINST THEIR WILL!!

    Your mind has been so corrupted by your fanatical, fundamentalist beliefs that you don't even believe in human rights. I suppose if a man broke into your house, took your daughter captive and married her, you would not think her human rights were violated!
    Last edited by Rose; 05-08-2014 at 07:53 AM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    We definitely see two opposite perspectives. One is based on Humanism, in which there is no God. The other is based on there being a Creator, who knows what is best for his creation.
    The two perspectives cannot be reconciled, because they are opposite.

    It might not be agreed from the Humanist side that "anything goes". Humanists can agree to having social rules, and that is setting some kind of moral framework for themselves. The problem is; some people will not accept any rules.

    The rules Humanists set for themselves can be the same as those set by God, but of course, God has to be excluded from having set those rules first.
    Hello David

    The main point I see here in the discussion with Cheow is his support and approval of secular law, even when it clearly violates a persons human rights! Human rights are the same whether a person is a humanist or a theist, it makes no difference. Cheow seems to think that if a country has a secular law that supports human rights violations it makes it okay. He's using secular law to validate the violation of human rights condoned in the Bible.


    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Men and women are typically fickle and unreliable, which the Bible points out and which Humanists will know already from experience.

    The Bible tells how the Children of Israel (God's chosen people) agreed to do everything God instructed them to do. (Exod 19:8) All that YHWH has said, we will do
    Soon after they said that, they went and disobeyed God's instruction. Many years later, when there was no earthly king in Israel (after God, as their king, had been rejected), it is written; (Judges 21:25) In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

    Nothing has changed. Humanists have no heavenly king, therefore, they have to do that which is right in their own eyes. Humanists make up their own rules for social living.

    It is futile for God-fearing people to try and reason with Humanists, or vice versa.
    I wish the Hebrews had disobeyed the Biblegod on the important things, like when he commanded the slaughter of all the men, women and children!

    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    Women's Rights are Human Rights!

    Women's Rights are Human Rights!
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I wish the Hebrews had disobeyed the Biblegod on the important things, like when he commanded the slaughter of all the men, women and children!
    Your wish was at least half granted. God's people did not follow his instruction. As God had predicted, the people that were not slaughtered/eradicated completely became a snare to them and a thorn in their side.

    These people who God allowed to be slaughtered by his own people, were already reprobates. That means they had gone past the point of saving. They were cast off already and were dead to God. It is a hard message for humanists to accept.

    I am accused of speaking for God when I mention things being allowed by God. I am saying things as they appear to be. None of us can think as God thinks and see as far ahead into the future as God can. God knew that those reprobate people were not voluntarily going to change their ways. The children would be brought up to do the same as the parents. It is a never ending cycle of what was an abomination to God. Although it was not a permanent solution, like the cure of cancer does not prevent death from old age, the cure was severe and should have brought some longer rest. The people failed in their task and only half did the job. The cancer analogy is a good one for this situation. The removal of cancer has to be complete otherwise the cancer continues to grow back and take over. I can see how the complete elimination of an abominable nation was like removing a cancer completely. God wanted the best for his people, and all they had to do was follow his instruction and get rid of the people completely. Forget taking over another people's land, remember that all land is God's and the nations that were occupying certain lands had done so by grabbing that land for themselves and claiming it as theirs. Did they seek God's permission? No.

    The Children of Israel disobeyed God and God was proved correct; the people they did not destroy became a snare to them. The same would eventually have happened again from the nations outside the land, but would have taken longer. We see the problem that man is creating by creating their own gods. I know you think the god of the Bible is one of those gods, but from the perspective of the Creator God of the Bible, the Bible is revealing the message from that god. You can think it is a man-made work of fiction and that is where we disagree.

    Consider the problem of war. War is taking place all around the world and it is part of everyday news. It has become the norm to hear of wars taking place. How are you going to stop war? War is created by man. God cannot be blamed for the wars that are going on in the world today. You can blame God for not intervening and for allowing man to rule himself, but God is not to blame for the mess that man is making of things.

    I see God has predicted the future accurately. I see your ideals for the world, but you are powerless to make them happen. The only hope you could have in bringing about your ideals for the world is to call upon someone who has the power. There is not a human on this earth that has that power. You are stuck in a world full of evil that overrides good and there is nothing you can do to solve the problem.

    If you want your ideals to be practiced by everyone world-wide, that means you have to eliminate those who do not want to follow your ideals and would do things to sabotage the implementation of your ideals. At the very worst, when the fight is to the death, who do you want to win? What other course of action can you take? Unless you eliminate your opposition, your ideals cannot happen. Now you know why God will act in his time to bring about the ideals you want. If you want to live in the ideal world, then you know what you have to do. As it is, you can bash the god of the Bible all you like and it does nothing to solve the world's problems. You do not matter to God in terms of what his plan is, for God's plan will happen regardless of what you think. The world is doomed under man's rule and you delude yourself to think man knows best and will solve all the problems he is creating. The problem of war will never cease as long as man is proud and greedy etc.. Those are the causes of the problems, so how do you propose to solve it?

    I have given you a lot of challenging questions, I look forward to your answers.

    All the best
    David

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    So, now you are comparing yourself to the mentality of an animal?

    All humans share humanness and as such should be afforded equal human rights!
    According to Evolution, when did humans stop being animals?

    Put the question another way. What was the single change at which point humanness began?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •