Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Rose continue to blame God when we know hands down that it is evil men that caused all the violence on women. I would rather that Rose blamed it on the Theory of Evolution
    Hello Cheow

    I know what you mean, but to be accurate, the violence we are talking about is the fault of man (meaning both sexes). Women as you say are in general the more vulnerable due to their weaker physique. With Evolution, there is no place for God, or a Creator, therefore, the only one to blame is man, or as man likes to do and pass the blame, he will put the blame on his inherited genes (if not God to those who just want to bash the Bible).

    I just switched on the TV to a report about Afghanistan. The heading was; 'Violence towards women is on the increase in a country ravaged by war and violence'. Women in Afghanistan are now being trained in military combat.

    Does God want this to happen? No. Does God allow it to happen? Yes. Allowing something to happen does not mean that it is condoned, or supported.


    Evil in this world will continue until Christ returns to impose his rule and do so in righteousness (not weakness). The good people in the world will not succeed when they have to compete with the instrument of the evil, which is the gun. Words and peaceful means is no match against the a bullet to the head.

    Man is the first to blame in every case and God is the Righteous Judge that acts only after man has disobeyed, or done evil. There is no-one and no-country that is not under the condemnation of death due to sin and evil. It is by God's mercy that he has given us a way out of the ultimate consequence which is eternal death.

    All the best
    David

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post

    I need to make myself clear. I am strong supporter that women must be protected because they are the more vulnerable sex; vulnerable in the sense that they are mainly the victims of crimes and violence caused by men (and to a smaller extent, other women) being physically and emotionally weaker than men. I don't believe in Equal Women's Right because men and women are physically and emotionally unequal but I believe that Men and Women must work together in their own responsible and committed ways to achieve common good goals such as the family and the society.

    Well, that pretty much explains your male-biased, bigoted viewpoint in defense of all the bias and human rights violations against women found in the Bible!!


    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Rose continue to blame God when we know hands down that it is evil men that caused all the violence on women. I would rather that Rose blamed it on the Theory of Evolution which caused men to be violent against women as they compete to survive to claimed superiority over their competitors for the right to breed and lead as according to the survival of the fittest. Rose continue to blame God instead because she has a hidden atheist's agenda to destroy believer's belief in an Almighty God. Instead of seeing the Bible god as a creation of bronze age men, it would make her eyes opened bigger if she sees it from a super intelligent force which can manifest itself into a being. It is this super intelligent force which we call God which leave some of His intelligence in everything that He created in creation as intelligent design which we observe in everything. It is men who have to learn from His intelligent creation and designs to come up with scientific discoveries such as aerodynamics from the flight of birds, sonar from echolocation of bats etc.

    Thanks and GOD BLESS
    Quite the contrary! I have continued to say over and over again, that the Bible was written by primitive men who were biased against women, just as you are!

    I do not believe in the Biblegod!

    I believe the Bible was written by primitive men, who created a male god in their own image, consequently ALL the violence and human rights violations contained in the Bible are the constructs of the male mind.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Hi Rose:

    It really is nice to hear someone articulate so well the ideas of Biblical truth when it comes to marriage! I find it revolting that religious people use the Bible to justify the worst human behavior all the while claiming GOD condones it!
    Hello Mystykal

    Thank you I attended the wedding of friends last weekend who had been living together for some time, and it became very clear to me the difference between living together and making the commitment of marriage. When two people (whatever their gender) make vows to live together as a team and pledge their loyalty to each other it brings with it a security and oneness that is not found with the instability of just living together. Marriage is all about having like-mindedness and a commitment to each other that can only be found if both partners share equality, and unity of their dreams.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    I love it! And you say Jesus did not exist! I find it really refreshing to finally see someone take on this issue head on!


    So, I think that as long as evil exists evil men will do evil things with the Word of GOD! There is no denying!

    Namaste,

    Mystykal
    I need to clarify your misunderstanding. I have NEVER said Jesus did not exist! I just don't believe he was the son of god, because I don't believe the Biblegod exists. I believe that Jesus was a historical figure who had many wise things to say, or at least wise sayings attributed to him.


    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Rose
    I do not want to enter into a protracted discussion about marriage. I know you do not believe the Bible and the truth behind what is written, even though you will quote the words of Jesus from the Bible.

    It seems to me that you are justifying the works of men, so as to bash the Bible for the ideal that was set from the out-start. A man and a woman can get married with that ideal today, but it is becoming rare. The practice of marriage these days is that a couple enter marriage knowing they can get out of it easily. Their vow before God is meaningless, and for good reason; they do not believe in God, or have any intention of following the vows made in a church by reciting church liturgy.

    With prenuptial agreements entered into these days, this shows the insurance policy set up in case the marriage fails. It is almost guaranteed to fail, because of that doubt to begin with.

    The fact is that many marriages are not made to work. Far too many marriages are entered into casually without getting to know the other person well enough before entering a life-long contract.

    To sum up. You prefer the man-made regulations that are now, or are not in force, yet you criticize the Bible regulations (simple as they are), which you also subscribe to as being man-made and not God-made.

    God's ideal for marriage was between man and woman (not man and man but that is not a subject I shall continue with) and once married was for life; with no get-out clauses. That means that when the marriage becomes close to breaking down, the marriage has to be worked at, instead of resorting to divorce.

    I expect you to be more critical of today's standards of marriage than the standards that were set by God from the beginning, even though you are not

    All the best

    David
    Hello David

    The Bible has many good and wise things to say, along with many biased and bigoted things to say, just as one would expect from a book written by men. I wish the Bible had elaborated more on the idea of marriage being a union of two equal humans committing themselves to living and working together as a team. Instead, the Bible is focused on men owning women as property and ruling over them ... there is no partnership or unity in an ownership relationship.

    I think the intent of most people who willingly enter into a marriage covenant is for it to be a life commitment, but things don't always work out that way, because people change. Marriages should not be prisons, if the relationship goes bad and trust and unity are lost, a person should not be obligated to stay married ... humans make mistakes.

    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313

    CWH Doesn't Believe in Equal Rights for Women!

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post

    I need to make myself clear. I am strong supporter that women must be protected because they are the more vulnerable sex; vulnerable in the sense that they are mainly the victims of crimes and violence caused by men (and to a smaller extent, other women) being physically and emotionally weaker than men. I don't believe in Equal Women's Right because men and women are physically and emotionally unequal but I believe that Men and Women must work together in their own responsible and committed ways to achieve common good goals such as the family and the society.
    I just want to make sure that everyone here on the forum knows that CWH DOES NOT BELIEVE IN EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN!
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    I just want to make sure that everyone here on the forum knows that CWH DOES NOT BELIEVE IN EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN!
    I also want everyone in this forum to know that I support more protection for women against violence because they are the more vulnerable sex. Which is better, More Equal Rights for Women or More Protection for Women against Violence?

    I have already said several times in this forum and Rose seems to be ignoring it, that my idea of Equal Rights for Gender is that each gender do their own part with responsibility and commitment towards a good common goal. Just like workers males or females in a company doing their own expertise to achieve the company's goal. The focus is not on the rights but the teamwork towards the company goals so that everybody benefits rather than each doing the same jobs and duplication of jobs which is unproductive and will not achieve the company's goals.

    Likewise for husband and wife, their focus is for the best for their family each doing their specific roles as a team with responsibility and commitment e.g. the husband goes to work, the wife looks after the children, the wife do the cooking, the husband help the children with school work etc, It don't make sense for husband and wife goes to work together and no one looks after the children or the husband and wife doing cooking together and leaving the children to do whatever they want etc. If the wife is sick, the husband took over the care of the family and vice versa. It is a give and take effort, with one doing more and another doing less today and vice versa for tomorrow or other days. The focus is not on equal rights but for the good common goal that will benefit the whole family and not each doing their same jobs equally which may be detrimental to the whole family.

    Therefore, Equal Rights for Men ad Women must not focus on the Equal Rights (i.e. it doesn't matter who has more rights and who has less) but focus on male and females working harmoniously together to achieve the best for everybody in the country or for the world. It's the same as saying, it doesn't matter who has more money and who has less as long as everybody helps each other and has no financial difficulties.

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 05-07-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Cheow

    I know what you mean, but to be accurate, the violence we are talking about is the fault of man (meaning both sexes). Women as you say are in general the more vulnerable due to their weaker physique. With Evolution, there is no place for God, or a Creator, therefore, the only one to blame is man, or as man likes to do and pass the blame, he will put the blame on his inherited genes (if not God to those who just want to bash the Bible).
    David,

    Why do you constantly misrepresent Evolution? We have been down this road many times and here you are repeating the same erroneous things about Evolution. There is no excuse for you stubborn ignorance. Evolution does NOT deal with the origin of life. Evolution is only a process once life has begun. There COULD BE a creator and Evolution would still fit the facts. IF God did create everything then he uses Evolution to get us where we are today. That is a FACT! But, where is the evidence for a creator?

    I just switched on the TV to a report about Afghanistan. The heading was; 'Violence towards women is on the increase in a country ravaged by war and violence'. Women in Afghanistan are now being trained in military combat.

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Does God want this to happen? No. Does God allow it to happen? Yes. Allowing something to happen does not mean that it is condoned, or supported.
    How do you know what God wants? How do you know what God allows to happen? You have told me many times that we don't know the inner working of God's plan. So, how do you suddenly know all this?

    Allowing something to happen does not mean it is condoned? That is the exact definition of condone. Duh!

    : to forgive or approve (something that is considered wrong) : to allow (something that is considered wrong) to continue


    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Evil in this world will continue until Christ returns to impose his rule and do so in righteousness (not weakness). The good people in the world will not succeed when they have to compete with the instrument of the evil, which is the gun. Words and peaceful means is no match against the a bullet to the head.
    Oh please, David. Good triumphs over evil everyday. It's your view of the world that is pathetic. You are inherently taught that the world is so evil. Take off your blinders and look around for once. There is a ton of good in this world. There has been evil since your god created it. There always will be.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I also want everyone in this forum to know that I support more protection for women against violence because they are the more vulnerable sex. Which is better, More Equal Rights for Women or More Protection for Women against Violence?
    Oh really? Than why are you trying to justify the gross immoralities in the Bible against women? Put your money where your mouth is and condemn the violence against women in the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I have already said several times in this forum and Rose seems to be ignoring it, that my idea of Equal Rights for Gender is that each gender do their own part with responsibility and commitment towards a good common goal. Just like workers males or females in a company doing their own expertise to achieve the company's goal. The focus is not on the rights but the teamwork towards the company goals so that everybody benefits rather than each doing the same jobs and duplication of jobs which is unproductive and will not achieve the company's goals.

    Likewise for husband and wife, their focus is for the best for their family each doing their specific roles as a team with responsibility and commitment e.g. the husband goes to work, the wife looks after the children, the wife do the cooking, the husband help the children with school work etc, It don't make sense for husband and wife goes to work together and no one looks after the children or the husband and wife doing cooking together and leaving the children to do whatever they want etc. If the wife is sick, the husband took over the care of the family and vice versa. It is a give and take effort, with one doing more and another doing less today and vice versa for tomorrow or other days. The focus is not on equal rights but for the good common goal that will benefit the whole family and not each doing their same jobs equally which may be detrimental to the whole family.

    Therefore, Equal Rights for Men ad Women must not focus on the Equal Rights but focus on male and females working harmoniously together to achieve the best for everybody in the country or for the world.

    God Bless.
    You're an ignorant fool CWH. Equal rights means both genders get treated FAIRLY and treated with respect. That means women gets the same rights as men. There is nothing wrong with that. It is moral and just. It's ignorant pigheaded men like you who can't see any perspective other than your own misguided religious views. Women do NOT need assigned roles in marriage any more than men do.
    Last edited by L67; 05-07-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I also want everyone in this forum to know that I support more protection for women against violence because they are the more vulnerable sex. Which is better, More Equal Rights for Women or More Protection for Women against Violence?
    Come to your senses Cheow! It is not a choice between equal rights and protection! Both men and women should have equal rights along with equal protection under the law!

    One in three women suffer some sort of violence at the hands of men, so obviously more women need to be protected from men, but that has nothing to do with equal rights! It is not the fault of women that men are more violent, so women should not be penalized for it by having their human rights denied.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I have already said several times in this forum and Rose seems to be ignoring it, that my idea of Equal Rights for Gender is that each gender do their own part with responsibility and commitment towards a good common goal. Just like workers males or females in a company doing their own expertise to achieve the company's goal. The focus is not on the rights but the teamwork towards the company goals so that everybody benefits rather than each doing the same jobs and duplication of jobs which is unproductive and will not achieve the company's goals.

    All humans deserve equal rights, and women do not need men like you telling them what their rights should be!


    All humans share humanness and thus should be treated with equality and fairness regardless of gender.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Therefore, Equal Rights for Men ad Women must not focus on the Equal Rights (i.e. it doesn't matter who has more rights and who has less) but focus on male and females working harmoniously together to achieve the best for everybody in the country or for the world. It's the same as saying, it doesn't matter who has more money and who has less as long as everybody helps each other and has no financial difficulties.

    God Bless.
    It absolutely does matter that all humans are treated equal regardless of their gender!
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Come to your senses Cheow! It is not a choice between equal rights and protection! Both men and women should have equal rights along with equal protection under the law!

    One in three women suffer some sort of violence at the hands of men, so obviously more women need to be protected from men, but that has nothing to do with equal rights! It is not the fault of women that men are more violent, so women should not be penalized for it by having their human rights denied.



    All humans deserve equal rights, and women do not need men like you telling them what their rights should be!


    All humans share humanness and thus should be treated with equality and fairness regardless of gender.



    It absolutely does matter that all humans are treated equal regardless of their gender!
    Look at the animal kingdom and tell me which kind of animals are there equality in gender. There will still be a leader of the pack which is usually the alpha male; to a small extent the alpha female. And that system has been going on for the so call millions of years. Blame it on your Evolution God for the survival of the fittest and natural selection! Humans have been living for the supposed several million years and yet still cannot achieve equal rights for gender.

    I have said before the main reason why male and female cannot be equal is because of the differences in our physical, chemical, psychological, emotional makeup. Therefore, if total gender equality is not possible, then the best way is to use our differences and inequality to work harmoniously together for a better world. For example, men and women can work together to give more protection to women. I am in fact glad that countries are now working for better protection of females as in my post on Marital Rape but it also comes with a new set of problems which is why many countries are hesitant to ban it outright or prosecute the offender.

    God made Eve a suitable helper with differences so that Adam and Eve could make use of their differences to help each other make a better world. A helper does not necessary mean someone lower in rank but simply to help each other to achieve a desired goal. If you help someone to do something or say help the poor, are you lower in rank to the person you helped? Get rid of your prejudice will you!

    God Bless.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •