Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 92

Thread: Jacob-to-Joseph

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    dp:



    sylvius, because even though Peter had just finished acknowledging that Jesus was the Christ/Messiah, the Son of the Living God, in Matthew 16:13-17,

    "When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

    But Jesus wanted this knowledge of Him to be secret for the time. Peter soon showed his fleshly side, which Jesus likened to Satan himself, following Jesus telling His disciples about His coming death and resurrection, Matthew 16:20-23,

    "Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ. From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."

    This shows how often the things of men can be evil (even likened to satan himsef) when compared to the things of God.

    dp
    Peter rejected his fundamental teaching,viz. that he only is Messiah through death and resurrection.

    "The things of God" return in Mark 12:17 (Matthew 22:21) Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's

    This was about the coin with image and inscription of Caesar, "the beast", that opposes the image of God, in which man was created, and the inscription on the cross.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    dp:

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Peter rejected his fundamental teaching,viz. that he only is Messiah through death and resurrection.

    "The things of God" return in Mark 12:17 (Matthew 22:21) Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's

    This was about the coin with image and inscription of Caesar, "the beast", that opposes the image of God, in which man was created, and the inscription on the cross.
    sylvius, we would all do well to take a lesson from Peter, who when he realised how he had denied his Lord, repented of his sinful ways. And Jesus showed how quickly He is to forgive and reinstate His wayward children. However, much more the majority of us are like Saul, (later, Paul after his conversion). When he met the Lord on the road to Damascus, Jesus asked him why he kicked against the ox goad, spikes on the backboard of the cart that prevented a rebellious ox from kicking the cart apart. The more he kicked, the more he hurt himself. Jesus then asked Saul why he was persecuting Him, but it was obvious that Saul was persecuting the Church, which Jesus considered as persecuting Himself.

    I wonder how many on the way to Damascus today, are not acting out on their own human wisdom. Keep in mind, Saul thought he was doing the Lord a favour, blaspheming the Name of Jesus, while all the time persecuting the Church. Sadly, most Zionist Christians and Jews interpret Isaiah 17:1 in a futuristic way (or more precisely, just around the corner),

    "The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."

    But if you read on, it is obvious that the context is referring to a time more than 2,000 years ago.

    You see sylvius, I can ramble on and jump from one thing to another too.

    dp

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post



    sylvius, we would all do well to take a lesson from Peter, who when he realised how he had denied his Lord, repented of his sinful ways.
    But what about you? The High-Priest was searching for testimony, in Peter's presence, while only Preterists stepped forward to declare that Jesus was the one to destroy the Temple. Peter should have taken a stance against them.


    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    And Jesus showed how quickly He is to forgive and reinstate His wayward children. However, much more the majority of us are like Saul, (later, Paul after his conversion). When he met the Lord on the road to Damascus, Jesus asked him why he kicked against the ox goad, spikes on the backboard of the cart that prevented a rebellious ox from kicking the cart apart. The more he kicked, the more he hurt himself. Jesus then asked Saul why he was persecuting Him, but it was obvious that Saul was persecuting the Church, which Jesus considered as persecuting Himself.

    I wonder how many on the way to Damascus today, are not acting out on their own human wisdom. Keep in mind, Saul thought he was doing the Lord a favour, blaspheming the Name of Jesus, while all the time persecuting the Church. Sadly, most Zionist Christians and Jews interpret Isaiah 17:1 in a futuristic way (or more precisely, just around the corner),

    "The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."

    But if you read on, it is obvious that the context is referring to a time more than 2,000 years ago.

    You see sylvius, I can ramble on and jump from one thing to another too.
    Damascus, Hebrew "D'mesheq", is an acrostic of: "doleh umashqeh", = he draws up water (in a bucket - like Aquarius) and gives to drink -- from the well of the water of life (in which is the light of men).

    Eliezer, Abraham's servant was from Damascus (Genesis 15:2), gematria of his name 318 coinciding the number of trained servants with whom Abraham did gain victory over the four kings in favor of the five, which meant "The end of all wars", to which relates Psalms 110.
    Last edited by sylvius; 09-29-2014 at 01:38 AM.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    dp:

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    But what about you? The High-Priest was searching for testimony, in Peter's presence, while only Preterists stepped forward to declare that Jesus was the one to destroy the Temple. Peter should have taken a stance against them.
    sylvius, if you spoke truth, I would have to sit up and take notice. But you say the most outrageous deceptive distortion of the facts. Jesus prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, and it really happened at the end of that generation, in 70 AD. Full preterism is as heretical as any other cultic mindset that takes the Word of God and distorts it, much like the Talmud. They don't just stop at the Temple being destroyed. They go all the way and say that Jesus actually returned already, and then exchanges the Truth of the Bible for some kind of pseudo-evolutionary development of this fact. Whereas, Jesus and genuine Christians, not only see the truth of Jesus' prophesy of the end of the Temple and its dispensation of Law, but also see and understand that the Church is now the Temple of the Holy Spirit, awaiting the physical, bodily return of Jesus Christ at the end of time, to set up His eternal Kingdom on earth.

    Thank God that Peter, realising the error of his betrayal of Jesus, broke down in tears of remorse. And after His resurrection from the dead, Jesus personally showed Peter that He forgave him, and exhorted him to feed His sheep, the elect of Israel. Later, God the Holy Spirit revealed that this same Gospel message was to be extended to the Gentile elect of God.

    You are right, the High-Priest was looking for testimony against Jesus, but found none. So, in kangaroo court fashion, they found some unprincipled men to put forward lies to help accuse Him of pseudo-guilt. Peter may have denied Jesus at the time of his weakness, but he soon realised his need to repent of that.

    I don't know what you mean by, "But what about you"?

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Damascus, Hebrew "D'mesheq", is an acrostic of: "doleh umashqeh", = he draws up water (in a bucket - like Aquarius) and gives to drink -- from the well of the water of life (in which is the light of men).

    Eliezer, Abraham's servant was from Damascus (Genesis 15:2), gematria of his name 318 coinciding the number of trained servants with whom Abraham did gain victory over the four kings in favor of the five, which meant "The end of all wars", to which relates Psalms 110.
    It is obvious that there are very profound interrelationships between the Hebrew alphabet and their number system, yet to make that the driving component of biblical Truth, is to twist the clear teaching of Jesus and the OT Prophets, along with the NT Apostles and Prophets. But I am even more thankful that a separate mathematical number system was developed to take the world far beyond the confines of Gematria. Advances in Calculus and Physics, along with all the Natural Science systems of knowledge has helped us step out of an antiquated pseudo-world of Gematria and Kabbalah. That doesn't mean that I believe that any area of science is autonomous in itself, but at least these advancements in science helps us step out of superstitions and myths.

    Just the fact that you make so much out of the Gematria of Eliezer of Damascus, and "the end of all wars" tied to Psalm "110", makes me wonder what the Talmudic Kabbalists might be up to next. And when you throw in the Zodiacal Aquarias, the dawning of this new astrological age, my concern deepens, not that I buy into any of this from a true scientific perspective.

    There are obviously some very brilliant mathematical sevant kabbalists who are obsessed with being architects of a world of their own design and control. But I believe they are merely creating a false god in their own image.

    dp

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    dp:



    sylvius, if you spoke truth, I would have to sit up and take notice. But you say the most outrageous deceptive distortion of the facts. Jesus prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, and it really happened at the end of that generation, in 70 AD

    All four Gospels were written after the event. They are in fact the Christian answer to the destruction of the Jewish Temple.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    dp:

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    All four Gospels were written after the event. They are in fact the Christian answer to the destruction of the Jewish Temple.
    sylvius, that is a logical possibility. However, Daniel 9:24-27 prophesied the same, and all of the early NT Church speaks unanimously that Jesus prophesied this, as recorded in the Gospels.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    dp:



    sylvius, that is a logical possibility. However, Daniel 9:24-27 prophesied the same, and all of the early NT Church speaks unanimously that Jesus prophesied this, as recorded in the Gospels.
    Daniel didn't prophecy it, it 's just read into it by the Preterists.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,913
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn
    sylvius, that is a logical possibility. However, Daniel 9:24-27 prophesied the same, and all of the early NT Church speaks unanimously that Jesus prophesied this, as recorded in the Gospels.
    Daniel didn't prophecy it, it 's just read into it by the Preterists.
    The posts relating to the this topic have been moved to a new thread called Daniel 9:24-27.

    Please try to keep this thread on the topic of the original post. If any thread gets off topic, please send me a message and I will create a new thread and move the relevant posts.

    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    The posts relating to the this topic have been moved to a new thread called Daniel 9:24-27.

    Please try to keep this thread on the topic of the original post. If any thread gets off topic, please send me a message and I will create a new thread and move the relevant posts.

    muchos gracias, senor! Did you catch that sylvius?
    Last edited by dpenn; 10-11-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    dp:

    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

  10. #90
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    29

    In meaning of the names of 12 tribes of Israel a story of Jesus emerges

    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Book of Ruth ends with Boaz, Obed, Jesse, David (Grandpa, Dad, Son, Grandson), and the Book of Isaiah begins with Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah (4 generations, father-to-son).

    The final-4 in Matthew 1:16 are Jacob, Joseph, Mary, Jesus -- and note that every name from Adam to Jesus is different (no repeats like in Luke) EXCEPT for the name of Jacob (means 'supplanter', to take the place of..) and there are only two (2) "Joseph son of Jacob" in the Bible!
    Could be that Bush41, Clinton, Bush43, Obama are a Harbinger of good things to come? (Fig. of Speech: sarcasm)..
    The story of Jesus can be found in the meanings of the names in the 12 tribes of Israel.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •