Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 92

Thread: Jacob-to-Joseph

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Why would He want to do that? Sylvie, for what purpose? Judah had five sons already, and there are nearly a dozen Joseph's in Scripture. Matthew is the KING LINE which includes 19 kings and compares to the 19 generations preceding Abraham#20.

    Judah betrayed (sold) Joseph but made himself guarantee for Benjamin later on.

    Name Benjamin means "son of the end of days"-

    So this "later on" in a way is still future.

    Jewish tradition kknows of a Messiah son of Joseph and a Messiah son of Judah (David)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_ben_Joseph

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Judah betrayed (sold) Joseph but made himself guarantee for Benjamin later on.

    Name Benjamin means "son of the end of days"-

    So this "later on" in a way is still future.

    Jewish tradition kknows of a Messiah son of Joseph and a Messiah son of Judah (David)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_ben_Joseph
    Did you get that from Rashi again, Sylvie?
    Gen35:18 And it came to pass, as [Rachel's]soul was departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni (son of sorrow) but his father called him Benjamin (son of right hand).

    Take a cue from Ruth--when she gleaned ONLY from Boaz fields, he told his men to drop some special for her--as long as you persist in following others, you aren't likely to get any nuggets for yourself..
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Did you get that from Rashi again, Sylvie?
    Gen35:18 And it came to pass, as [Rachel's]soul was departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni (son of sorrow) but his father called him Benjamin (son of right hand).

    Take a cue from Ruth--when she gleaned ONLY from Boaz fields, he told his men to drop some special for her--as long as you persist in following others, you aren't likely to get any nuggets for yourself..
    You could have taken a look yourself:

    http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_...showrashi=true

    Benjamin: The son of the South, an expression of“North and South (וְיָמִין) You created them” (Ps. 89:13). For this reason, it is [written here] plene, [with a “yud” after the “mem”]. (Another explanation: Benjamin means“the son of days” (בֶּן יָמִים) , because he was born in his (Jacob’s) old age, and it is spelled with a “nun” like“at the end of the days (הַיָמִין)” (Dan. 12:13).

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    You could have taken a look yourself:

    http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_...showrashi=true
    Good food for thought, Sylvie. As the 12th son, brother to Joseph the eleventh, I've been trying to figure reason for him to be 'son of right hand', because that's a position of Jesus, imo.

    The 600 Benjamites on the Rock Rimmon had no wives.. after the Tribe of Benjamin warred by the other tribes for cutting the prostitute into 12 pieces..
    Maybe the current beheadings by scum ISIS could be harbinger of End Times here?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Just remembered, Sylvie, about the 700 men of Benjamin who were lefthanded-- seems like that was laughable on account of the meaning being "son of right hand"..
    Judg20:16 Among all this people [Benjamites] there were seven hundred chosen men lefthanded; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    dp:

    dux and sylvius,

    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Gen35:18 And it came to pass, as [Rachel's]soul was departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni (son of sorrow) but his father called him Benjamin (son of right hand).
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Benjamin: The son of the South, an expression of“North and South (וְיָמִין) You created them” (Ps. 89:13). For this reason, it is [written here] plene, [with a “yud” after the “mem”]. (Another explanation: Benjamin means“the son of days” (בֶּן יָמִים) , because he was born in his (Jacob’s) old age, and it is spelled with a “nun” like“at the end of the days (הַיָמִין)” (Dan. 12:13).
    I must admit, this is quite fascinating from the Scriptures, as "right hand" in Genesis 13:9,

    "Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left."

    is spelled the same way as Daniel 12:13,

    "But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days. "

    Is it possible that both are right in their own context?

    The only problem I have is this two Messiah doctrine. The dominant theme in the OT is for the Messiah being from the tribe of Judah, whereas, now, at the end of days (and I just can't get Arnold S out of my mind), there is growing Talmudic talk of a Messiah ben Joseph, with some even thinking this will be from the tribe of Ephraim. He is the Messiah they believe will rebuild the 3rd Temple at the end of days.

    Do I sense, bring on the Masons and the Rosicrucians, and probably the Vatican (now that they finally have their Jesuit Pope)?

    Do you know that Louis Buff Parry, from Edmonton, Canada, also holds to this Messiah ben Joseph? He was recruited by the Rosicrucians to interpret many historical monuments and markers in US, Canada, and England, culminating at the Shepherd's Monument in Stafford, England.

    There is a video of his on Youtube, entitled LAPIS EXILLIS: Lost Secrets of the Illuminati,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_75v1XA46g

    Maybe we will soon have history in the making, I mean literally!

    dp
    Last edited by dpenn; 09-16-2014 at 11:41 AM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    dp:

    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    The 600 Benjamites on the Rock Rimmon had no wives.. after the Tribe of Benjamin warred by the other tribes for cutting the prostitute into 12 pieces..
    Maybe the current beheadings by scum ISIS could be harbinger of End Times here?
    dux,

    have you read any of my 911 comments, especially culminating in my points on ISIS? Most are avoiding this subject like the plague. If you are one of them, I will understand, but with your background, I am curious what your response to this is.

    dp

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Daytona
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    dp:

    dux,

    have you read any of my 911 comments, especially culminating in my points on ISIS? Most are avoiding this subject like the plague. If you are one of them, I will understand, but with your background, I am curious what your response to this is.

    dp
    Nope, dp, must've missed it, but not my cuppa tea anyway--book "The Harbinger" about how ground zero same place as Geo.Washington inauguration, plus St.Paul chapel and sycamore tree, is much more intriguing to me.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    dp:

    dux and sylvius,



    I must admit, this is quite fascinating from the Scriptures, as "right hand" in Genesis 13:9,

    "Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left."

    is spelled the same way as Daniel 12:13,

    "But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days. "

    Is it possible that both are right in their own context?
    Daniel 12:13 "l'keitz hayamin" Rashi:
    Heb. לְקֵץ הַיָמִין, like הַיָמִים בְּאַחֲרִית. We cannot interpret הַיָמִין as an expression of the right hand, because it is mentioned in the Large Masorah among the six words that are unusual because they have a final “nun” at the end of the word, which serves instead of a “mem,” and there is none like them, e.g. (Job 31:10): “and may others (אֲחֵרִין) kneel upon her;” (ibid. 24:22): “and he is not sure of life (בַּחַיִין) ” (Ezek. 4: 9): “take yourself wheat (חִטִין) ” ; (ibid. 26:18): “Now the isles (הָאִיִן) will tremble;” (Prov. 31:3): “to the pleasures of kings;” (here): “to the end of the days (הַיָמִין).”
    The final "mem", written as a square, is called "mem s'tumah" = closed mem.

    "end of days" in Genesis 4:3, . Now it came to pass at the end of days, that Cain brought of the fruit of the soil an offering to the Lord. is written with final "mem" - וַיְהִי מִקֵּץ יָמִים, "vay'hi mikkeitz yamim"--

    Now it seems that Daniel deliberately does write "l'keitz hayamin" to give you kind of a "key" to the whole of his writing:

    Daniel 12:9,
    And he said, "Go, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end.

    "closed up"= סְתֻמִים, "s'tumim" , like the closed final "mem".

    Value of "mem" is 40, value of "nun" is 50.

    49 ( = 7 x 7) comes to the brink of "50".

    This being also "the secret" of the counting of the omer, 7 x 7 days, that come "close to" the 50th day = Pentecost = Revelation at mount Sinai.

    and also of the seventy yearweeks (Daniel 9), and also of the seventy times seven times that Lamech shall be avenged.

    and also of the writing on the wall:



    you see the hand still busy writing the final "nun". The secret of it being that it was written in the Ashuri script, that no one could read except for Daniel. (Ashuri script characterized by its five final forms)
    Last edited by sylvius; 09-16-2014 at 10:48 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    288
    dp:

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Daniel 12:13 "l'keitz hayamin" Rashi:
    Heb. לְקֵץ הַיָמִין, like הַיָמִים בְּאַחֲרִית. We cannot interpret הַיָמִין as an expression of the right hand, because it is mentioned in the Large Masorah among the six words that are unusual because they have a final “nun” at the end of the word, which serves instead of a “mem,” and there is none like them, e.g. (Job 31:10): “and may others (אֲחֵרִין) kneel upon her;” (ibid. 24:22): “and he is not sure of life (בַּחַיִין) ” (Ezek. 4: 9): “take yourself wheat (חִטִין) ” ; (ibid. 26:18): “Now the isles (הָאִיִן) will tremble;” (Prov. 31:3): “to the pleasures of kings;” (here): “to the end of the days (הַיָמִין).”
    The final "mem", written as a square, is called "mem s'tumah" = closed mem.

    "end of days" in Genesis 4:3, . Now it came to pass at the end of days, that Cain brought of the fruit of the soil an offering to the Lord. is written with final "mem" - וַיְהִי מִקֵּץ יָמִים, "vay'hi mikkeitz yamim"--

    Now it seems that Daniel deliberately does write "l'keitz hayamin" to give you kind of a "key" to the whole of his writing:

    Daniel 12:9,
    And he said, "Go, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end.

    "closed up"= סְתֻמִים, "s'tumim" , like the closed final "mem".

    Value of "mem" is 40, value of "nun" is 50.

    49 ( = 7 x 7) comes to the brink of "50".

    This being also "the secret" of the counting of the omer, 7 x 7 days, that come "close to" the 50th day = Pentecost = Revelation at mount Sinai.

    and also of the seventy yearweeks (Daniel 9), and also of the seventy times seven times that Lamech shall be avenged.

    and also of the writing on the wall:



    you see the hand still busy writing the final "nun". The secret of it being that it was written in the Ashuri script, that no one could read except for Daniel. (Ashuri script characterized by its five final forms)
    Sylvius,

    do you think it is possible that Daniel 12:13 should instead be interpreted as:

    "But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the right hand",

    which would see Daniel being blessed by Jesus Christ, who is standing at the right hand of the Father?

    Or, is it possible the Masoretic text was possibly cooked for some reason forced on them by gematria?

    btw, you never did respond to my question about the double min (mimmochorath) of Lev 23:15-16, and the counting of the omer. I thought the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) was associated with the giving of the Law, not the revelation before Moses fasted for 40 days on Sinai. This would put in question Sivan 6. And why count at all if you know it is always to be Sivan 6?

    dp

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •