Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Jacob-to-Joseph

Genealogy of Jesus is set up in 3 sets of 14 generations (1998-1984=14)

2017-1984=33 years (0 to 33 years Life of Jesus) Death and Resurrection since 33 A.D

The story of Jesus in genealogy name meaning from Adam to Noah

Lightbulb BIBLE TRANSLATION ERROR in the The Geneology of Mary and the Genealogy of Joseph

First of all, I want to give all glory and honor to God the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ.

I don't take any credit for this information or revelation and I don't remember the person that I received this from.

When we look at the genealogy of Jesus Christ, there is a discrepancy with Matthew and Luke. This makes a huge difference into assuring that Jesus Christ is the true Messiah. However, once the explanation is done, that will shed a bit of light to support Jesus Christ more.

1. In Matthew, the genealogy of Jesus says that Josephs father was Jacob. Also Solomon was the son of David
      • (Matthew 1:16 KJVA) And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary[/U][/I], of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
      • (Matthew 1:6 KJVA) And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

1. However, in Luke, it clearly states that Joseph was the son of Heli and Nathan was the son of David
      • (Luke 3:23 KJVA) And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli
      • (Luke 3:31 KJVA) Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,

The reason for this difference is because there is a translation error in the gospel of Matthew. The error is that Joseph, son of Jacob, is not the HUSBAND of Mary but the FATHER.
    The proof is in Mat 1:17:
    (Matthew 1:17 KJVA) So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.

In Matthew, from David to Joseph is only 26. Including Jesus, there is only 27. It's missing one more person. Well if you add Mary then it makes sense.
    Also, If you tried to count the generations in Luke, from David to Jesus, there's about 42 people which is way more than what is written.

The importance of this is that Jesus had to fulfill many prophecies, in order to be the legitimate Messiah. One, is that he was in the Line of David. Although Mary's husband Joseph was from the line of David, that wouldn't make Jesus a legitimate King, because Joseph's ancestor was Nathan. However, Mary's ancestor was Solomon, who was the king after David. This means that Jesus is in fact the true King of the Jews, who came from the Kingly Line of David. This fulfills that promise to restore Davids Kingdom. And it leaves nothing unchecked as far as Mary's genealogy and whether Jesus was king by marriage in Josephs line or a true King.

Why the translation error? Well, because Matthew wasn't originally written in Greek but in Hebrew. I have to look up more info on this because I forgot.

Thread Information