Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,245

    If Rose Rules the World

    If Rose Rules the World, Men watch Out!

    Rose said in her book, "Gender Bias in the Bible":

    Rose's Views
    Once again, as I have pointed out there is a double standard prevalent throughout the entire Bible with issues pertaining to women.
    1. Men could choose their wives/ women were sold to men for wives.
    2. Men could have multiple wives and concubines/ women could have one husband.
    3. Men could divorce their wives at will/ women were bound to their husbands for as long as their husbands lived.
    4. Men could marry virgins they raped/ women were sold to their abusers.
    In other words:
    1. Women could choose their husbands/ men were sold to women for husbands.
    2. Women could have multiple husbands and male concubines/ Men could have one wife.
    3. Women could divorce their husbands at will/ men were bound to their wife for as long as their wife lived.
    4. Women could marry male virgins they raped/ men were sold to their abusers.

    Polyandry:



    Male concubines and prostitutes:



    Men for sale:



    Male sex slave:



    Woman rapes man:


    House husbandry:


    Male Breast Feeding:


    Women abuse man:



    Woman divorces husband:




    God is very wise.

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-25-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    If Rose Rules the World, Men watch Out!

    Rose said in her book, "Gender Bias in the Bible":



    In other words:
    1. Women could choose their husbands/ men were sold to women for husbands.
    2. Women could have multiple husbands and male concubines/ Men could have one wife.
    3. Women could divorce their husbands at will/ men were bound to their wife for as long as their wife lived.
    4. Women could marry male virgins they raped/ men were sold to their abusers.
    CWH,

    You're ignorance knows no bounds.

    Why would you ignorantly assume Rose would automatically do the opposite of the Bible? That is some silly logic. I don't want to speak for Rose, but I have read enough of her posts to know that she would want everyone treated fairly. That means male and female treated with EQUAL human rights. Neither gender being superior to the other. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. That means when both are treated equally their strength and weaknesses compliment each other.

    No matter how hard your try, your immoral belief in the biblical injustices will never be justified.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    CWH,

    You're ignorance knows no bounds.

    Why would you ignorantly assume Rose would automatically do the opposite of the Bible? That is some silly logic. I don't want to speak for Rose, but I have read enough of her posts to know that she would want everyone treated fairly. That means male and female treated with EQUAL human rights. Neither gender being superior to the other. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. That means when both are treated equally their strength and weaknesses compliment each other.

    No matter how hard your try, your immoral belief in the biblical injustices will never be justified.
    Hi L67,

    Same if I put it to you, if you are God, will you show bias to one of the gender? No, why not? What do you gained? That's precisely what I want to showcase if we think opposites if God were to show favoritism to the females. Therefore, Rose book on the Gender Bias in the Bible is flawed.

    God Bless. Let's pray
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Hi L67,

    Same if I put it to you, if you are God, will you show bias to one of the gender? No, why not? What do you gained? That's precisely what I want to showcase if we think opposites if God were to show favoritism to the females. Therefore, Rose book on the Gender Bias in the Bible is flawed.

    God Bless. Let's pray

    A good god would not show gender bias. But that is not what we see in the Bible. We see male bias littered throughout the Bible. What is gained from male bias? How about the justification to slaughter people and only keep the virgins? How about the justification that men were allowed to sell women as property and have their way with them? The list goes on.

    You haven't shown Rose's book to be flawed, only your way of thinking has been exposed as flawed. And your argument also sucks because we don't have any bias to females in the Bible. And if we did God would still be an unjust immoral being. A just God would see to it that EVERYONE is treated equally.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    CWH,

    You're ignorance knows no bounds.

    Why would you ignorantly assume Rose would automatically do the opposite of the Bible? That is some silly logic. I don't want to speak for Rose, but I have read enough of her posts to know that she would want everyone treated fairly. That means male and female treated with EQUAL human rights. Neither gender being superior to the other. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. That means when both are treated equally their strength and weaknesses compliment each other.

    No matter how hard your try, your immoral belief in the biblical injustices will never be justified.
    Thank you L67

    Over and over again in my posts I have stressed the idea of all humans being treated with equality and fairness, as you have appropriately noted. I wasn't even going to acknowledge Cheow's idiotic post with a response, but I'm glad you did. Why in the world would I want to treat men in the same biased manner that the Bible decrees for women?

    We are all human, and thus should be treated with equal human rights! I don't think I can say that any clearer.

    All the best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    A good god would not show gender bias. But that is not what we see in the Bible. We see male bias littered throughout the Bible. What is gained from male bias? How about the justification to slaughter people and only keep the virgins? How about the justification that men were allowed to sell women as property and have their way with them? The list goes on.

    You haven't shown Rose's book to be flawed, only your way of thinking has been exposed as flawed. And your argument also sucks because we don't have any bias to females in the Bible. And if we did God would still be an unjust immoral being. A just God would see to it that EVERYONE is treated equally.
    Hi L67

    Maybe you will be able to get the statement I bolded in red through Cheow's head! I certainly have not been able too.

    A just God would see to it that EVERYONE is treated equally.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    119

    perhaps the logic is........

    You cannot put God's head on Rose's shoulders......
    Why not begin today........

    your eternal journey into the

    most amazing treasures of

    The Saviour's perfect Wisdom

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Thank you L67

    Over and over again in my posts I have stressed the idea of all humans being treated with equality and fairness, as you have appropriately noted. I wasn't even going to acknowledge Cheow's idiotic post with a response, but I'm glad you did. Why in the world would I want to treat men in the same biased manner that the Bible decrees for women?

    We are all human, and thus should be treated with equal human rights! I don't think I can say that any clearer.

    All the best,
    Rose
    Hello Rose,

    You're welcome.

    There really is no getting through to people like CWH. They simply think anything God commands is moral. And worse they don't even believe the Bible in its entirety because they deny what it actually says. Their belief in the Bible makes them irrational, delusional, and morally bankrupt. You can't reason with them. All you can do is keep up the good fight and expose their logical fallacies when you can.

    Take it easy.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,245
    Hi L67,

    I have said before that why would God want to be biased against another gender, What does He gained? What does a parent gained by being biased against their own daughters instead of their sons? I challenge you to answer this question.

    From my years of interaction with Rose in this forum, she hardly write anything good about the male gender as portray in the Bible. I challenged Rose to write a book about the good things done by males in the Bible if she want to be credible to show herself as a fighter for the equality of the gender. She come across to me a bitter woman who is all out to discredit the male gender. Her idea of equal rights means is that what the males can do so can the females. If she want to prove me wrong, then she has to convince me and many of us here the good things of being a male compared to the good things of being a female. This is also to remove bias in her female views. Explain to us why God or in her case, Nature creates Male and Female. It is just too naive to say for procreation purpose only.

    I also find Rose views too naive. See my comments in green:

    1. Men could choose their wives/ women were sold to men for wives.
    So can women by forcing a divorce and she would be free to marry other men with the divorce letter or word from the men without being deemed as commiting adultery/ men were also sold in ancient days as slaves or even sex partners to their homosexual masters or as male temple prostitutes in the worship of Baal or Molech.

    2. Men could have multiple wives and concubines/ women could have one husband.
    In some ancient and primitive cultures, polyandry was a norm. Women can marry and remarried many times. Who said woman cannot have many husbands? How much difference are polyandry and concubines compared with one night stands, co-habitations and adulteries? The only difference is the legalities or social acceptance of these practices.

    3. Men could divorce their wives at will/ women were bound to their husbands for as long as their husbands lived.
    So can women by simply forcing a divorce/ same with the husband who have to protect and support the wife; "in death or divorce do we part". If divorced; the men have to pay maintenance fees which is almost the same as supporting or bound to the ex-wives for life.

    4. Men could marry virgins they raped/ women were sold to their abusers.
    So can women raped (including constitutional rape) but they are very few in numbers. What is the difference between women seduction of men compared with rapes and adulteries? How about fornications and prostitutions? Are they the same as consensual rapes? That's why Jesus said to men not to look at women with lust in their eyes. Does that applies to women also? / Can men also be sold to their abusers as slaves?

    I understand Rose ideals but are these achievable in current social situations? Unless human becomes good and not evil, I don't see such ideals largely achievable in this world:

    1. Men and women can choose whoever they want to marry.
    Fine with me but there is no guarantee that their marriage life will be happy and smooth; look at the rate of divorces and marital conflicts nowadays. Why? There is no guarantee that death and divorce will not do us apart. What's the of point of enduring the marriage if they are not happy? Ironically, there are also stories of arranged or forced marriages that end up happy and smooth.

    2. One man One woman.
    Is this achievable in our current modern context?.... with adulteries, one night stands, prostitutions, multiple divorce and marriage, marital conflicts etc. The common norm seems to be Many men, Many women; analogous to polygamy and polyandry. Unless human becomes good, the principle of One Man One Woman is not easy to sustain in our present modern context.

    3. Men and women can divorce at will on equal terms.
    Don't you think that will encourage more divorces? How to achieve the ideals of One Man One Woman then? It makes a mockery of marriage; might as well remains single. It was said that during a divorce, the children are affected psychologically and emotionally which may lead them to a life of crimes. It is known statistically that many criminals are from broken families.
    God wants us to have a happy married family life for all and therefore discourages divorce, which is why Jesus said, "What God has united, let no man put asunder".

    4, Women should not be married to their abusers.
    Agree. In some present cultures, the marriage was done to the abuser so as not to dishonor the family name or that the woman does not want to be a single mother or does not want the child to be fatherless. Perhaps also in view that the chance of a future marriage with a prospective suitor will be slimmer if he knows the woman has a illegitimate child. But in ancient days, I believe the marriage of women to their abusers were also based on those reasons. This is also in honor of the family name and for the good of the chlld's sake. As such it was considered as consent on the part of the woman. Of course, as stated in the Bible, the parents could reject the marriage to the abusers if they wanted to and the abusers would be punished.

    God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-26-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Hi L67,

    I have said before that why would God want to be biased against another gender, What does He gained? What does a parent gained by being biased against their own daughters instead of their sons? I challenge you to answer this question.
    A true god would be just and fair ... not biased! Quite unlike men who have much to gain in the areas of power and control by being biased. This is the main reason that points to the Bible being penned by men who created a god in their own image and likeness. The Bible extols the virtues of power, control, obedience and worship, all things that men desire.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    From my years of interaction with Rose in this forum, she hardly write anything good about the male gender as portray in the Bible. I challenged Rose to write a book about the good things done by males in the Bible if she want to be credible to show herself as a fighter for the equality of the gender. She come across to me a bitter woman who is all out to discredit the male gender. Her idea of equal rights means is that what the males can do so can the females. If she want to prove me wrong, then she has to convince me and many of us here the good things of being a male compared to the good things of being a female. This is also to remove bias in her female views. Explain to us why God or in her case, Nature creates Male and Female. It is just too naive to say for procreation purpose only.


    God Bless.
    My main focus, as I have explained over and over again is to expose the gender biased nature of the Bible, which reveals that its god is man-made. I am not fighting against the male gender, rather I am fighting for the equal human rights of women by exposing the male bias in the Bible. Men and women are equally human and thus should be afforded the same human rights, which are denied them in the Bible.

    I have NEVER said my idea of equal rights means men and women can physically do the same things, there is even a huge disparity among things individual men can and cannot do! Quit spreading lies about what I say! Obviously men can't get pregnant and have babies, does that mean they don't have equality with women? Of course not! Equal human rights means that both men and women share humanness and thus should be afforded the same human rights of justice and fairness. Why is that so hard for you to understand? All humans want to be treated fairly, and that is definitely NOT happening in the Bible, at every turn of the page women are discriminated against and denied their human rights merely because of their gender. That is WRONG!!!!


    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •