Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 110
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    We're talking about PARENTS having sex with their consenting adult CHILDREN ...
    If they are consenting, then why would it be wrong? I would ask you to explain that according to your "moral theory" but you don't have a moral theory. All you have are traditions written by ancient men with primitive morals which they present as commands from their war god who regularly commanded gross moral abominations like genocide and institutional sexism.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    278
    "Is it immoral for a man and woman to have sex? If not, then "WHY is it morally wrong for a man with a vasectomy to have an intimate sexual relationship with his consenting 18 year old daughter???"

    WTF??? So you're actually telling me there's nothing morally wrong with a man having sex with his own mother as long as they are both consenting??? ...

    How far are you willing to go with this? Are you also saying there is nothing wrong with murder as long as the victim is consenting to be killed??? If not, why? ...

    Why is it wrong for an 18 year old kid to blow his 18 year old friend's brains out IF BOTH ARE CONSENTING TO THE ACT???

    As far as my view, there's nothing wrong with sex as long as it is in accordance with the natural order that God ordained for sexual intimacy. Homosexual sex is morally wrong FOR THE EXACT SAME REASON it is morally wrong for a man to have sex with his own mother (it violates the natural order that God ordained for sexual intimacy). It doesn't matter who's consenting. The ACT itself is morally wrong. And with the example of a man having sex with his own mother, EVEN IF THEY WERE BOTH ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN, homosexual sex ALSO entails deadly risks (in terms of higher risks of AIDS and STD's). So even under that scenario, Rose's argument is inconsistent. If it's wrong to engage in a particular kind of sexual relationship BECAUSE of the greater potential of harm, then it follows that homosexual sex is wrong.
    Last edited by Gambini; 04-23-2014 at 06:25 PM.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    278
    "It is NOT morally wrong for two consenting adults to have a sexual relationship"

    FOR THE RECORD, our good agnostic friends Richard (RAMnesia) and Rose actually believe there is nothing wrong with a man having sex WITH HIS OWN MOTHER as long as the two are "consenting" (and the man gets a vasectomy) ...

    So is it also okay with you for an 18 year old to blow his 18 year old friend's brains out if they are both CONSENTING to the act??? If not, WHY???

    I am Gambini and I assure you that I am NOT a "piece" of shit (rather, I am the WHOLE shit).

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough
    You are being totally inconsistent. You have just said that there is nothing MORALLY wrong with Abraham marrying his sister.

    It looks like you are just trying to confuse the issue with questions about incest because you know you have no rational justification for your religious bias against two consenting adults having an intimate loving relationship. Stick to that question and quit trying to dodge. Why would it be immoral for two consenting adults to have an intimate loving relationship?
    "It is NOT morally wrong for two consenting adults to have a sexual relationship"

    FOR THE RECORD, our good agnostic friends Richard (RAMnesia) and Rose actually believe there is nothing wrong with a man having sex WITH HIS OWN MOTHER as long as the two are "consenting" (and the man gets a vasectomy) ...
    Ha! There you go again, totally DODGING my question because you know you can't answer it. You apparently have no basis for your moral opinions. You just do what you are told by your religion without thinking at all. Typical brain-dead believer. You are appealing to mindless emotionalism when you divert the conversation to incest.

    You brought up incest as a way to confuse the question about homosexuality. You have never said why it would be wrong for two consenting adults to have any kind of relationship they want. You appear to be utterly incapable of engaging in anything like a rational discussion. All you do is spew out mindless emotionalism. Typical arrogant brain-dead believer.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    "Is it immoral for a man and woman to have sex? If not, then "WHY is it morally wrong for a man with a vasectomy to have an intimate sexual relationship with his consenting 18 year old daughter???"

    WTF??? So you're actually telling me there's nothing morally wrong with a man having sex with his own mother as long as they are both consenting??? ...

    How far are you willing to go with this? Are you also saying there is nothing wrong with murder as long as the victim is consenting to be killed??? If not, why? ...

    Why is it wrong for an 18 year old kid to blow his 18 year old friend's brains out IF BOTH ARE CONSENTING TO THE ACT???

    As far as my view, there's nothing wrong with sex as long as it is in accordance with the natural order that God ordained for sexual intimacy. Homosexual sex is morally wrong FOR THE EXACT SAME REASON it is morally wrong for a man to have sex with his own mother (it violates the natural order that God ordained for sexual intimacy). It doesn't matter who's consenting. The ACT itself is morally wrong.
    The only reason you say the act itself is morally wrong is because your Biblegod says so! So, tell me why is the sexual relationship two consenting adults have in the privacy of their own homes morally wrong, and any of your business?

    In the real world things are morally wrong when they violate a persons human rights. We are all human, thus we are all entitled to equal human rights. Can't you see how morally corrupt the Biblegod you worship is, the Bible is filled with human rights violations, especially for women.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    And with the example of a man having sex with his own mother, EVEN IF THEY WERE BOTH ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN, homosexual sex ALSO entails deadly risks (in terms of higher risks of AIDS and STD's). So even under that scenario, Rose's argument is inconsistent. If it's wrong to engage in a particular kind of sexual relationship BECAUSE of the greater potential of harm, then it follows that homosexual sex is wrong.
    There are equal risks for both Homosexual and Heterosexual people who do not practice "safe sex". The harm that I was speaking of has nothing to do with the consenting adults, only the non-consenting child that has a higher risk of potential genetic defects.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    The harm that I was speaking of has nothing to do with the consenting adults, only the non-consenting child that has a higher risk of potential genetic defects.
    It seems to me, that while in times past, before anything was known about genetics, people did not know the reason why sex between one male and one female was safest of all. It seems to me, that God who created man and woman, knew what he was doing and knew what was best for man and woman.

    God had to know down to the molecular level how to create living things of which man is the pinnacle of God's creation. The principles were set by God at the beginning and the principles are shown by the pattern God has set. The fact is; man has broken God's covenant and not obeyed him and God has not prevented man from "doing his own thing". God deals with man's rebellion and lets the consequences of man's rebellion fall on man's own head. God has the solution to all of the world's problems and is bringing it about and allowing us all time in our own generation to come to know what the will of God is and to get our hearts right with God. His kingdom will come on time and the earth will not continue for ever under man's rule. Time is running out for man's rule. Only those people who have been selected as the best for his kingdom, will be in the Kingdom. That could be a great number, but nowhere near the number of people that have ever lived. God will correct any final defects in those saved, so that all will show the Glory of God to the full.

    The world is full of defects that are caused as a consequence of man's rebellion and God allows to continue. God knew that if man disobeyed and had multiple wives for example, that would produce venereal disease. All manner of disease and defects have allowed to continue because of man's rejection of God. Certainly, from the time of Adam's fall, man has been paying the price for his rebellion and not receiving the blessings that God could have provided. The world is sick, and it is man's fault. God is allowing the situation to continue until he changes things and ultimately makes the final change in which his Kingdom is established.

    It is not difficult for the Creator, who has made every atom in the Universe to "make all things new." (through Christ) (Rev 21:5). It is only a matter of time for God to work out his plan and correct for all man's mistakes. Who knows how much better the world would be now, if everyone had followed God's instruction.

    Whether the God of the Bible is believed or not, and those who do not believe can believe there own delusions, the word of God is very clear. It is an abomination to God for same sex intercourse and bestiality. Anyone who believes in God cannot get around God's word. If they do, they are ignoring God's word and cherry picking and appealing to humanism to support them. What they refuse to accept is that they are an abomination to God and delude themselves by saying; "God is love" to the exclusion of God being the righteous judge and pouring condemnation and punishment on those who are an abomination to him. It is only a matter of time how and when the ultimate punishment of eternal death comes to all those reprobates that God has cast off.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post

    Whether the God of the Bible is believed or not, and those who do not believe can believe there own delusions, the word of God is very clear. It is an abomination to God for same sex intercourse and bestiality. Anyone who believes in God cannot get around God's word. If they do, they are ignoring God's word and cherry picking and appealing to humanism to support them. What they refuse to accept is that they are an abomination to God and delude themselves by saying; "God is love" to the exclusion of God being the righteous judge and pouring condemnation and punishment on those who are an abomination to him. It is only a matter of time how and when the ultimate punishment of eternal death comes to all those reprobates that God has cast off.
    Hello David

    Obviously if one believes in the Biblegod as you do, your whole world-view is going to be colored by the writings of primitive men who were ignorant of science. If the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong, then you have to believe its wrong, even if you don't have any good reason for such a belief. Religious doctrines, and dogmas lead their followers into a narrow mindset that forces them to believe things on faith alone, without any evidence. The open-minded critical thinker can use reason and logic to determine if something is right or wrong, instead of the decrees of an archaic deity made up by men.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80
    Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough
    "Ha! There you go again, totally DODGING my question because you know you can't answer it. You apparently have no basis for your moral opinions. You just do what you are told by your religion without thinking at all. Typical brain-dead believer. You are appealing to mindless emotionalism when you divert the conversation to incest"..."You appear to be utterly incapable of engaging in anything like a rational discussion. All you do is spew out mindless emotionalism. Typical arrogant brain-dead believer."


    Richard, unlike you or I, they are really grand-masters at evading simple straight-foward Questions. It's Marvelous!

    They are always challenging, shifting, shucking and jiving, twisting the opponents words around to explain this, or prove that is false or that away, which, when explained," is quickly ignored by them in favor of a new this or that that needs to be explained, ad nauseam and ad infinitum.

    It's like arguing over and over again with snot-nosed little two-year-old children. But they don't seem to care...they refuse to learn.

    Truth obvious means not a whit to them.

    What I find so funny and entertaining is that many of them think each other are evil or nuts, but their Paranoia has basiclly the same focus! LOL. Any somewhat rational person who never heard of them might well read all of their Crap and think it must be a joke.

    Could anyone actually believe their rambling paranoia regarding such Nonsense? Apparently So! I think once you begin to fall all in the Abyss of Maddness with it like these folks here, it's Game over Baby! LOL.

    Sinister forces are everywhere and even lurking in the most mundane things...The megalomaniac view of oneself as the Elect, Saved, Chosen of God, wholly good, abominably persecuted, yet assured of ultimate triumph in the End.

    Who tends to get their panties in a wad and get bent out of shape when they learn that their primitive Iron Age Tyrant-Daddy in the Sky probably doesn't exist or care one whit whether they even exist or not? Oh, THEY DO! The Horror!! Oh horrors of horrors!!!

    What the hell are these lunatics babbling about? Consider: they BELIEVE what they are babbling about! Consider that these people live their whole lives based on this belief, they fear things they see everyday, they see EVIL PLOTS everywhere, at every turn there is something evil out to GET THEM, SNARE THEM, LURE THEM, whole armies of The Damned are out to ensnare them: "THE ELECT AND SAVED!"

    But these people who believe this, eventually will look for and it! Then they'll find imaginary someone or imaginary adversary to blame! They are too damed demented to realize that the only Temptations that really exist are their "OWN DESIRES!"

    The screacher-preachers will go on asserting Sunday-after-Sunday, year-after-year, in the name of God, any number of absurd things which their own hearers probably "do not really believe, only they have heard them repeat the LIES so often-past all power of impinging or impugning- until "the sense is too out-wearied (brain-washed) to rebel"; "things which they themselves do not believe, if only they could once afford to Question their own souls.

    Last edited by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777; 04-24-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Dam Apple! - "Wisdom comes from asking questions."

    I am the Demon Child of Wisdom and Understanding.
    I am HER tantric monk and SHE my Left-Hand Priestess.
    I perch on HER brink, waiting for a summons from the Queen.
    I dance in response to HER teasing and testing.
    I leap into Her depth, HER perfect and Horrible Mystery!

    לילית


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hello David

    Obviously if one believes in the Biblegod as you do, your whole world-view is going to be colored by the writings of primitive men who were ignorant of science. If the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong, then you have to believe its wrong, even if you don't have any good reason for such a belief. Religious doctrines, and dogmas lead their followers into a narrow mindset that forces them to believe things on faith alone, without any evidence. The open-minded critical thinker can use reason and logic to determine if something is right or wrong, instead of the decrees of an archaic deity made up by men.
    There you go again, saying things that are not true of me. Of course I have very good reasons for belief; they are reasons you reject. If I did not have reasons to believe, I might be agreeing with you.

    I have come to the conclusion, there is basically two camps. The first camps is; believers in God's word. The second camp is; humanism. The two camps are incompatible and agreement cannot be reached. Now that you have "crossed over" into the camp of humanism, you might never cross back. You have become a Hebrew of type and have metaphorically crossed over to the wrong side of the river and back into the wilderness.

    It is perhaps time not to continue discussing these things any longer. The only advantage to come from this is; we are expressing two opposing opinions for others to read and come to their own conclusion. That is why I thank Richard and you for providing this platform to share our opinions. I feel that at this stage, we are just repeating ourselves and going round in circles. You are in your camp and I am in mine, and there we shall stay.

    All the best
    David

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Rose


    There you go again, saying things that are not true of me. Of course I have very good reasons for belief; they are reasons you reject. If I did not have reasons to believe, I might be agreeing with you.

    I have come to the conclusion, there is basically two camps. The first camps is; believers in God's word. The second camp is; humanism. The two camps are incompatible and agreement cannot be reached. Now that you have "crossed over" into the camp of humanism, you might never cross back. You have become a Hebrew of type and have metaphorically crossed over to the wrong side of the river and back into the wilderness.

    It is perhaps time not to continue discussing these things any longer. The only advantage to come from this is; we are expressing two opposing opinions for others to read and come to their own conclusion. That is why I thank Richard and you for providing this platform to share our opinions. I feel that at this stage, we are just repeating ourselves and going round in circles. You are in your camp and I am in mine, and there we shall stay.

    All the best
    David
    Hello David


    That is not necessarily true. I was once in the Christian camp, but when I opened my eyes and allowed myself to ask tough questions like: "why is the Bible so gender biased?" and search for their answers, I discovered a whole world I was blinded to. I no longer have to accept something merely because it is written in the Bible, I can use the power of reason to discover the truth.

    Until a person looks outside the box, all they will see is what's inside the box. The Bible narrows our view and colors our perspective, to see things through the eyes of primitive men who were ignorant of all the marvelous scientific discoveries that have expanded our understanding and knowledge of how the world around us works. So, David I still have hope that you will take a peek outside the Biblebox, and let what's out there open your eyes to the truth.

    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •