Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 101 to 110 of 110
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    East of West!
    Posts
    411

    The Truth is out there!

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Nothing
    Just a quick reply as this is my last post possibly for today.
    I agree that Satan is the ruler of this world, because man is ruling himself, or at least until Christ returns and begins to rule in righteousness. Man's rule is a Satan, because it is opposed to the rule of God.

    Our journey is different for all of us. I appreciate the journey you are on,

    Maybe if I had been with you at the time, I might think differently. I have not seen ghosts and so I might think differently if I had. The mind can play tricks, so I keep an open mind on things I have not experienced but could have an explanation.

    I come across enough devils on this forum. None have made me think differently, even though they have challenged me by stating things that are not what I find in the Bible. When I perhaps doubt that I have understood some things incorrectly, I find that others are using different translations that give meanings from different to say the KJV. I examine a cross-selection of different translations of the Bible to see the range of possibilities. Ultimately, I have to decide based on all the information I have available. I seek the truth in whatever, even those things totally unrelated to the Bible.

    I will have to have another look at that post. I did read most of it at a quick pace.

    We can both quote the same verses to support our understanding. That goes to show how different some of the verses can be understood. Like the jigsaw puzzle, only when we get nearer to completing the picture do we find where we have placed pieces in the wrong place. The search is not complete until all the pieces are in place. I do not claim to have got all prophecy into place, but I am fairly confident about many other things that have been thought about and reasoned.

    All the best
    David
    Hi David:

    It is attributed to Stephen Hawkin who said,
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. it is the illusion of knowledge."
    The problem with most of your comments are that the facts are non existent. You can say anything but with out a real basis for your statements the whole mess of KJV version or the Living Bible version or the NIV version are without merit! You cannot just say whatever you like and then not expect a fire storm coming from other people. You must look for ways to let go of ALL notions and begin again each day to study to find the Actual truth!


    Namaste,


    Mystykal
    Mystykal

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello Mystykal
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Hi David:

    The problem with most of your comments are that the facts are non existent.
    It would be better to be specific instead of making a general comment that is not substantiated. Tell me what is not fact.

    The fact is we have a collection of books called the Bible, with a collection of facts in it. We have to take those facts and understand them correctly. It is up to us to find out what the Bible means and why it is important to find out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    You can say anything but with out a real basis for your statements the whole mess of KJV version or the Living Bible version or the NIV version are without merit! You cannot just say whatever you like and then not expect a fire storm coming from other people.
    I am not just saying what I like without backing it up. I do not repeat my backup statements every time., there are many strewn across this forum where I have backed up what I say. The same has to go for all of us to be able to back up what we say.

    I do not expect unjustified comments from people who do not know me, yet stand in judgment of me, or make abusive comments, because I say things that they cannot agree with, or that I do not come around to their point of view. The Bible needs no defense. If I care to defend the Bible against the claims of unlearned people who misquote the Bible, then I shall do so to expose their lies and prevent others from being lead astray. I urge everyone to do their own study and research and find the truth for themselves. and not take my word or the word of anyone else with out checking it against what the Bible says. Since there are so many translations of the Bible, it is up to examine them and decide whether they have merit of not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    You must look for ways to let go of ALL notions and begin again each day to study to find the Actual truth!
    What if I start again and arrive at exactly the same of conclusion, are you going to tell me to start again and keep doing the same until I come to your way of seeing things? That is unlikely to happen once the truth has been found. It is like as Jesus describes in his parables of the kingdom. The Gospel is the most valuable possession we can have and that is why Jesus likens it to; (Matt 13:44) treasure hid in a field; or (Matt 13:46) "a pearl of great price"

    Once you have the truth you will not let it go, so why expect me to let go of the only truth that leads to eternal life? May you find your pearl of great price too.

    All the best
    David

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello James
    I suppose you get satisfaction from your unsubstantiated rants as I do exposing your error.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    OH HOW PREDICTABLE...Without a doubt, brain-washed
    Why do you not see yourself as brainwashed by your peers that are as misguided as you? This type of talk is fruitless and does not get down to understanding the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777 View Post
    DEUTERONOMY 21:10-13, "According to God's law, if an Israelite soldier was at war with an enemy, and he saw a beautiful woman [THAT HE FOUND!] attractive, [HE CAPTURED!] her to be his wife...[SHE MUST!] then shave her head, trim her nails and discard the clothing she was wearing [WHEN CAPTURED!]"...
    You mentioned this in your previous post in this thread and fail to quote the whole of the law to do with the capture of women. Most of us will recognize war as an horrific event and wars are still happening and many atrocities are taking place and going unpunished. Under the law given to Israel, the women taken captive were well treated and the law protected their rights. A law which the heathen nations did not have and those nations could abuse their captives. The things you point out like the shaving of the head are minor things and were probably done for good reasons. Would you ever bother to try and find out what the reasons are?

    The women could be let go free if they did not want to marry or had no desire to be married after they accepted marriage. Women were to be let free and not be sold in to slavery. At least if you are going to quote the story, you could at least bring out the all the facts and give a balanced picture of events.

    I can see it could be too much trouble for you to find out what the Bible really means, but that is OK with me. What you do not have, you do not miss. You cannot expect others to give up what they have found and be as spiritually poor as you show yourself to be.

    If you say; "there is no God", then the fact is; the Bible has defined you as a fool. Stay that way and let God laugh at you (even if I am not laughing) and let God hold you, and people like you, in derision. To the wise who know the Bible, your words are utterly foolish. In terms of knowing what the Bible message is, you are far from wise. I expect your words resonate with like-minded people, but not with me.


    That said, I do resonate with some of your comments about "the church". The large churches have gone astray and they make a mockery of what the Bible actually teaches. It does annoy me to be lumped in with the majority who are definitely on the broad way to destruction. I am trying to keep to the narrow way that leads to life and Jesus warns us all (Matt 7:14); Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.




    All the best
    David

  4. #104
    I've changed my ideas and decided to remove this post. Rest assured I still love and believe in God <3
    Last edited by Nothing; 04-29-2017 at 01:06 AM.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello Nothing
    I thank you for your sensible reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Hi David,

    It seems to me as if you are trying to interpret scripture in a way that makes it applicable to this reality and as realistic as possible.
    That is correct. We have to get past the myths and legends and bring the scriptures into the 21st Century. I believe in the invisible power that is God's Holy Spirit and he uses Angels as his messengers which he has given power to. How that works exactly, we can only compare to what we know now about networking and distributed power systems. We have no way of explaining God's power precisely, because it is beyond science to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    You are logically analyzing scripture and in your world of thought you seem to not allow yourself to head out further past certain boundaries. Past these boundaries is where the real "meat" is though. This limited area of thought you are working with is like a comfortable prison cell. You can see what's outside but only through a small window, the door remains unlocked but it could be scary outside. Everyone lives their whole life in this room so it's better to just stay inside. This room protects our minds and our sanity, yet it is the very thing that imprisons it.
    We have various aspects of the Bible to consider. Life lessons, the Law, prophecy and things of a spiritual nature. Some of these things are what I would call common sense enquiry. I do not think we can see further than God has allowed us to see. There is little more for science to find out. Man has discovered practically everything there is to discover. Man is at the limits of discovery limited by how far he can see into space and how small the smallest particles can be seen. We are imprisoned on this planet earth and it is guessing to think what might happen in eternity. Science is fooling itself to think that man can travel to another habitable planet and colonize it. Beyond this solar system is total fantasy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    God wants us to use everything at our disposal to learn more about him. Our heart, thoughts, mind and intellect. Our feelings, intuition and soul yearning. When we do this we are not gimped in one area or another, we can see clearly. You can logically analyze the word but the word isn't brought to life without feelings. You can come to God because he satisfies your feelings yet without the mind and intellect you are gullible and misled. Without intuition you have no direction and can't properly synchronize what you have learned both logically and emotionally. And without the souls yearning we do not want to seek out the meaning of life and reconnect with our creator, we don't care or notice if he's not around.
    We are all so different in our make up. I am not so emotional as some people, but that does not stop me feeling emotional. I am not one for standing up and displaying my emotions in public. I will make a stand when I have to.
    Intuition tells me there must be a God. Others will say that is not proof. What proof is there? The proof I find in prophecy and telling the future before a thing happens. I find the Bible highly consistent and not as error-ridden as others try to make out. The Bible has a sense of authority about it. The fact that I sense that authority is not proof to anyone else. I am suspicious of intuition or of secret knowledge only revealed to certain individuals. That is not how God operates. The prophets through whom God spoke, could be tested. False prophets were to be exposed. How do we go about that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    See, one area I struggle with is the heart. I know of God through my thoughts, intuition and experiences, yet I lack the feelings and emotions required to fully comprehend. I see others who have received the Joy of Jesus in their lives so fast yet they have not learned as much about things as I have for instance. I can feel that something is missing, something very important. I feel that "something missing" is present with you also, it may not be the same thing missing as I have but I definitely detect a hole.
    The heart is the mind in which our emotions and character are stored. The mind is complex and Jeremiah asks a searching question. Who can know the heart? It is mind boggling knowing what we know now with the trillions of cells that make up the mind and how God can know it and how God is going to be able to resurrect us after we die. In that respect, for all the knowledge science has given us, it does not tell us how God can do these things and we are at the same level as those people who thought mental illness was demon possession, and new nothing of 21st century science. We have to have faith like the people thousands of years ago. God's wisdom is not to be compared with the wisdom of the world. The world's wisdom you have to be careful of and not get misled by it.

    Understanding the truth behind language and translation does appear to be an academic exercise, but it seems the more necessary, the more people depart from believing in God and looking to every excuse to discredit the Bible. There might be more than one aspect to the truth revealed in the Bible, but since it has come from one source, we can expect it to be consistent, which is what I find it to be.

    For all the academic mental exercise trying to get across the true message of the Bible, the simple message is to do and follow the teaching of Jesus. If we put the two greatest commandments into practice in our lives then we cannot go far wrong.

    I am going to pass bye anything that cannot be supported by what God has told us. I am not going to believe the imaginations of men and I do not go down that route. OK, so we have different understanding of God's word, but at least that is the source from which we get our different ideas. What God has not revealed, we are told belongs to him and the things that belong to men are the things that God has revealed. As I said, science has very little left to find out and what is left to find out requires God to fill in the explanation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    I hope you find what is missing, I am on that same search.
    We all have a problem, when we do not know what we do not know. Unless you can tell me what I am missing, how do I know I am missing it? I might be seen to be lacking something from what I have written so far. You will not get to know me without meeting me or having a conversation with and then in one meeting you might not find out all there is to know about me. That is why, we cannot trust humans who we know nothing about and who are unreliable and fickle. There is only one who can be trusted to do righteously and those who do not see God acting righteously do not understand the working of God, or giving God a balanced view. That is what makes the Bible so interesting and a valuable source of lessons on life in the way God has worked in peoples lives. Considering all the believers that will get resurrected, the number of people who are mentioned in the Bible are few in number. I expect there will be lots of ordinary people who have lead quiet peaceful lives that are acceptable to God. Not everyone is called on to lay down their lives even if they are prepared to. I stand up and get cut down to pieces in order to speak of the things in which I believe. Not everyone can do that and even in thos respect, I do not count myself as good as a lot of other people I admire for the stand they take and the amount of public speaking they do. We can show our faith in our ordinary lives doing the mundane things in life.

    One thing is hard to imagine is what it was like for those prophets who died horrible deaths in God's service. God allowed men to do terrible things to them. It shows the great faith those prophets had and the surety of the resurrection they believed in. We do not hear any accusation from Jesus towards God for allowing those situations to happen. It is all seen as part of God's plan and the testimony of the prophets and their faith is what can give us faith to be prepared to put our life on the line if called to do so. By comparison, I have not been tested yet to anything like the prophets were tested. It is up to God how he uses people in his plan and purpose. There was only one Jesus, so that role has been filled. What vacancies are waiting to be filled?

    Who knows what time of testing is to come? It shows the cruelty of man that he kills his fellow man, just because his fellow man believes in God. Man has a lot to answer for and as I keep telling Rose, we have to blame man first, before jumping to blame God. God's justice to those types of murdering people cannot come soon enough. God's plan is still on course and prophecy is still being outworked, so I have no reason to doubt within my lifetime.

    All the best
    David

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    I am going to pass bye anything that cannot be supported by what God has told us. I am not going to believe the imaginations of men and I do not go down that route. OK, so we have different understanding of God's word, but at least that is the source from which we get our different ideas. What God has not revealed, we are told belongs to him and the things that belong to men are the things that God has revealed. As I said, science has very little left to find out and what is left to find out requires God to fill in the explanation.



    All the best
    David
    What makes you think that the Bible isn't also just the imaginations of primitive men? Aren't you just using your human reasoning like the rest of us?
    Last edited by Rose; 05-05-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80
    QUOTE]Originally Posted David M
    "...unsubstantiated rants and exposing your error."[/QUOTE]

    Error...You wouldn't know Error if bit you on your Ass and held on for a Reach-Around!

    A law which the heathen nations did not have and those nations could abuse their captives?
    Where's the Beef? Where do you people get all those so-called facts heathen nations? Just more unsubstantiated and meaningless-crap as always from you.

    I can see it could be too much trouble for you to find out what the Bible really means, but that is OK with me. What you do not have, you do not miss. You cannot expect others to give up what they have found and be as spiritually poor as you show yourself to be.

    If you say; ["there is no God"], then the fact is; the Bible has defined you as a fool. Stay that way and let God laugh at you (even if I am not laughing) and let God hold you, and people like you, in derision. To the wise who know the Bible, your words are utterly foolish. In terms of knowing what the Bible message is, you are far from wise. (I expect your words resonate with like-minded people, but not with me.)
    YEAH, I AM ALWAYS LAUGHING MY ASS OFF AT YOU! lol: Because it is so easy to get a reaction out of you and push your buttons. As always, you are such a GULLIBLE-SOP! Awwww...but it's actually very Amusing and Entertaining to watch! Gullibility is the salient feature of people like yourself. But you take that bait every time...hooks, lines and sinkers! Never fails. But You are so Wrong. I have absolutely no expection or care whatever others have found in the Bible. And I don't give one rip about your make-believe primitive Stormgod.

    YOUR FICKLE EL STORM/CLOUD-RIDER DEITY NEVER EXISTED TO BEGIN WITH...IT WAS ALL FICTIONAL, LITERARY-PROPAGANDA, A POLEMIC- DELIBERATELY CHALLENGING BRONZE-AGE MESOPOTAMIAN VIEWS OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MAN AND THE GODS- MAN-MADE AND SIMPLY DID NOT EXIST! THAT IS IRREFUTIBLE. (Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..If the people are offended andupset, that is not my roblem!)

    The 3,000 year-old storm/cloud "god doesn't exist, and so the hell what?" LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT! Things still matter whether or not people believe an imaginary crator-deity of the traditional sort is a part of reality. Obviously, you see value in it! I do not. I don't take any of this stuff SERIOUSLY as YOU DO! LMAO.

    Your make-believe gory-ghost of a god only operates within extremey narrow-margins, and those margins are slowly shrinking more everyday. You whole Tyrannical-Stormgod and Stormtrooper "God Model" along with ten thousand deathly and shitty-dogmas, why pursue it?

    Society isn't turning to crap. But your Apocalyptic and Conspiratorial twisted-view of society and everything you believe in is dying! And just that very thought in itself gives me and great comfort! You have made all this nonsense up inside your head, but that world is coming to an End. The syphillitic mind-killing virus of fundamentalist God and Religion is slowly going-away with a Whimper, but surely losing its grip on Society more and more each and everyday.

    The world is going the way I and others want it to be. And it's getting better and better every day! You paint the world as such a terrible place. It's not that way at all! People make up silly crap all the time. You just Gotta love that old time religion!

    Remember, It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, "if YOU choose to make it one! Mister Rogers (one of our truly great spiritual leaders and a thoroughly sane man) told you this as a but SADLY the insane world has beat it out of you. Oh, and by the way, I don't give a dam about YOU, or what you think, or the silly and perverted and twisted god-ideas whirling about in the folds of your Grey Matter.

    I DON'T CARE WHAT NOT ONE WHIT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CRAZY FELLOW-INMATES SHIT-HOUSE RATS.

    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Dam Apple! - "Wisdom comes from asking questions."

    I am the Demon Child of Wisdom and Understanding.
    I am HER tantric monk and SHE my Left-Hand Priestess.
    I perch on HER brink, waiting for a summons from the Queen.
    I dance in response to HER teasing and testing.
    I leap into Her depth, HER perfect and Horrible Mystery!

    לילית


  8. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    East of West!
    Posts
    411

    You Can Lead A Horse To Water...

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Mystykal
    It would be better to be specific instead of making a general comment that is not substantiated. Tell me what is not fact.

    The fact is we have a collection of books called the Bible, with a collection of facts in it. We have to take those facts and understand them correctly. It is up to us to find out what the Bible means and why it is important to find out.

    I am not just saying what I like without backing it up. I do not repeat my backup statements every time., there are many strewn across this forum where I have backed up what I say. The same has to go for all of us to be able to back up what we say.

    I do not expect unjustified comments from people who do not know me, yet stand in judgment of me, or make abusive comments, because I say things that they cannot agree with, or that I do not come around to their point of view. The Bible needs no defense. If I care to defend the Bible against the claims of unlearned people who misquote the Bible, then I shall do so to expose their lies and prevent others from being lead astray. I urge everyone to do their own study and research and find the truth for themselves. and not take my word or the word of anyone else with out checking it against what the Bible says. Since there are so many translations of the Bible, it is up to examine them and decide whether they have merit of not.

    What if I start again and arrive at exactly the same of conclusion, are you going to tell me to start again and keep doing the same until I come to your way of seeing things? That is unlikely to happen once the truth has been found. It is like as Jesus describes in his parables of the kingdom. The Gospel is the most valuable possession we can have and that is why Jesus likens it to; (Matt 13:44) treasure hid in a field; or (Matt 13:46) "a pearl of great price"

    Once you have the truth you will not let it go, so why expect me to let go of the only truth that leads to eternal life? May you find your pearl of great price too.

    All the best
    David
    Hi David:

    I am not really here to argue with you or anyone... I find your understanding of the laws of logic to be insufficient for me to really have a conversation with you. I do not expect you to ever come to my views or to my side of the fence on anything! I do however think that you should discard all your notions you regard as truth and start over. I guess you believe your conclusions are right and have no need for modification. I also believe in my views but I do let it all go every day and start over. Many times I find that the reasoning I used in the past is not sound. I then re-evaluate my thought process and many times I find that I made an error coming to a particular conclusion. So its ok to be wrong and to let go...

    So... I guess it is not in me to try and reason with you. You are not a good student or someone I would teach as you do not have a teachable spirit. I mean no offense by that! I just do not think I would be able to reason with you as you do not understand logic. Perhaps if you were to train in a Zen monastary for 20 years with a Master I might be able to talk with you!

    Namaste,

    Mystykal
    Last edited by Mystykal; 05-06-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    Mystykal

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    East of West!
    Posts
    411

    Insanity IS....

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Hi David,

    It seems to me as if you are trying to interpret scripture in a way that makes it applicable to this reality and as realistic as possible. You are logically analyzing scripture and in your world of thought you seem to not allow yourself to head out further past certain boundaries. Past these boundaries is where the real "meat" is though. This limited area of thought you are working with is like a comfortable prison cell. You can see what's outside but only through a small window, the door remains unlocked but it could be scary outside. Everyone lives their whole life in this room so it's better to just stay inside. This room protects our minds and our sanity, yet it is the very thing that imprisons it.

    God wants us to use everything at our disposal to learn more about him. Our heart, thoughts, mind and intellect. Our feelings, intuition and soul yearning. When we do this we are not gimped in one area or another, we can see clearly. You can logically analyze the word but the word isn't brought to life without feelings. You can come to God because he satisfies your feelings yet without the mind and intellect you are gullible and misled. Without intuition you have no direction and can't properly synchronize what you have learned both logically and emotionally. And without the souls yearning we do not want to seek out the meaning of life and reconnect with our creator, we don't care or notice if he's not around.

    See, one area I struggle with is the heart. I know of God through my thoughts, intuition and experiences, yet I lack the feelings and emotions required to fully comprehend. I see others who have received the Joy of Jesus in their lives so fast yet they have not learned as much about things as I have for instance. I can feel that something is missing, something very important. I feel that "something missing" is present with you also, it may not be the same thing missing as I have but I definitely detect a hole.

    I hope you find what is missing, I am on that same search.
    Hi Nothing:

    Since you are referencing David's rant to me I will comment here on a few things. Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Ok... Then if you do you will see that it is defined in such a way as to defy logic. Reason is not easily found in this world. Common sense is not too common!

    The first mistake David makes is knowing what his conclusion is he works his argument backwards to an undefined starting point. To suggest that the Bible is FACTUAL is to ignore the FACT that GOD is NEVER defined as anything with a starting point. GOD by definition does not exist BECAUSE GOD is as a completed Circle. Such an object does not exist in this known world without first having a starting point. This means that GOD is the first ASSUMPTION the Bible gives. NOT a FACT!

    Notice that I did not say it wasn't true! I said it wasn't a fact! David cannot understand such differences in logic and words...

    A Biblical "fact" or set of facts only exists when we can later test the assumption and see if it holds up under pressure of the scientific method of testing. What David fails to see is that ALL of religious/Biblical statements are built on someone's idea of GOD and what they think GOD might have said. That in and of itself is an assumption!

    So we then look at the 66 books of the Bible and see that they are put together in a way which is illogical. the books are thrown together from other sources. Things are added and things were taken away. Maybe the person who decided on 66 books was to tired to read the other 33 or 50 books in his library so he burned them! I know it sounds crazy! But many of the Catholic writers who sat on the committee which produced the Bible in books did just that by their own admission....http://www.tentmaker.org/books/GatesOfHell.html // http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-en...bible-history/ // http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_t...he_Middle_Ages

    So, for starters... If we accept the history of how we got our KJV in the first place and all the revisions it went through - there can be little doubt that as a translation it is NOT the INNERENT book David claims it to be.

    John 16:13
    "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…
    Namaste,

    Mystykal
    Mystykal

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    The first mistake David makes is knowing what his conclusion is he works his argument backwards to an undefined starting point. To suggest that the Bible is FACTUAL is to ignore the FACT that GOD is NEVER defined as anything with a starting point. GOD by definition does not exist BECAUSE GOD is as a completed Circle. Such an object does not exist in this known world without first having a starting point. This means that GOD is the first ASSUMPTION the Bible gives. NOT a FACT!

    Notice that I did not say it wasn't true! I said it wasn't a fact! David cannot understand such differences in logic and words...

    A Biblical "fact" or set of facts only exists when we can later test the assumption and see if it holds up under pressure of the scientific method of testing. What David fails to see is that ALL of religious/Biblical statements are built on someone's idea of GOD and what they think GOD might have said. That in and of itself is an assumption!

    So we then look at the 66 books of the Bible and see that they are put together in a way which is illogical. the books are thrown together from other sources. Things are added and things were taken away. Maybe the person who decided on 66 books was to tired to read the other 33 or 50 books in his library so he burned them! I know it sounds crazy! But many of the Catholic writers who sat on the committee which produced the Bible in books did just that by their own admission....http://www.tentmaker.org/books/GatesOfHell.html // http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-en...bible-history/ // http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_t...he_Middle_Ages

    So, for starters... If we accept the history of how we got our KJV in the first place and all the revisions it went through - there can be little doubt that as a translation it is NOT the INNERENT book David claims it to be.



    Namaste,

    Mystykal
    Hello Mystykal

    You make many good points about the difference between facts and assumptions when it comes to god, and how the Bible was cobbled together for biased and arbitrary reasons ... leading to the conclusion that it definitely is not inerrant. The thing that puzzles me is why you think the Biblegod has any validity at all when it comes to being a true deity. Why not construct your own deity that conforms to the way you perceive truth, instead of basing your beliefs on the imaginings of primitive men who were totally gender biased?

    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •