Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Not from this world...from the other side

Why there is no Gender Bias in the Bible

This is a refutations on Rose's article, "Gender Bias in the Bible":

Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house (PROPERTY), thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife (PROPERTY), nor his manservant (PROPERTY), nor his maidservant (PROPERTY), nor his ox (PROPERTY), nor his ass (PROPERTY), nor any thing (PROPERTY) that is thy neighbour’s. This commandment has nothing to do with property but "Do Not COVET anythig that does not belongs to you".

Zech 14:1-2 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle
    . It is the evil men that ravishes the women just like the Russian soldiers who mass raped German women when they occupied Berlin or the Impwerial Japanese soldiers who mass raped Chinese women of Naking during WW2.

Gen.3:16-17 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
    Both were punished equality for disobedience just like criminals were punished equally if they break the laws.

Exo.20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Exo. 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

These were commanded as threats to deter from commiting things that were sinful such as bowing to idols made by man etc. Many a times as stated in the Bible, God forgave those who repented by "showing mercy and forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin" and will not do what he threatened to do; a good example is King Hezekiah.

Psalm 144:1-2 Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
    War is a means to get rid of evil people so as to alleviate the sufferings of good or innocent people. Why did US fought with Nazi Germany and the Imperial Japanese during WW2 and won?

To be continued (due to time constraint)......
    Last edited by CWH; 04-03-2014 at 05:28 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post

Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house (PROPERTY), thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife (PROPERTY), nor his manservant (PROPERTY), nor his maidservant (PROPERTY), nor his ox (PROPERTY), nor his ass (PROPERTY), nor any thing (PROPERTY) that is thy neighbour’s. This commandment has nothing to do with property but "Do Not COVET anythig that does not belongs to you".

Zech 14:1-2 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle
    . It is the evil men that ravishes the women just like the Russian soldiers who mass raped German women when they occupied Berlin or the Impwerial Japanese soldiers who mass raped Chinese women of Naking during WW2.

Gen.3:16-17 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
    Both were punished equality for disobedience just like criminals were punished equally if they break the laws.

Exo.20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Exo. 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

These were commanded as threats to deter from commiting things that were sinful such as bowing to idols made by man etc. Many a times as stated in the Bible, God forgave those who repented by "showing mercy and forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin" and will not do what he threatened to do; a good example is King Hezekiah.

Psalm 144:1-2 Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
    War is a means to get rid of evil people so as to alleviate the sufferings of good or innocent people. Why did US fought with Nazi Germany and the Imperial Japanese during WW2 and won?

To be continued (due to time constraint)......
    Hello Cheow

First off, all your refutations are not in opposition to my words, rather you are trying to justify the words of Scripture which you have quoted!

1. (Exo. 20:17) This commandment has EVERYTHING to do with property! The only things that are listed are properties that belong to men.

2. (Zech. 14:1-2) Notice the words "For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle;". What these words are saying is that god is going to gather all the nations against Jerusalem, allowing the men to rape the women at will.

3. (Gen. 3:16-17) Both WERE NOT punished equally! Women not only received the curse of pain in childbirth, but also the curse of having men rule over them ... which has caused nothing but suffering for women at the hands of men throughout history.

4. (Exo. 20:5) This verse specifically says that god is a JEALOUS god and that he WILL punish the innocent children up until the fourth generation.

5. (Psalm 144:1-2) War means fighting! The Bible is filled with violence and fighting, much of which is commanded by god.

All your refutations are merely your opinions and justifications for the abominable, gender biased acts of the Biblegod.

Take care
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Your assertion is is not true. The text explicitly says that you are not supposed to covet "any THING that is your neighbor's." That refers to your neighbors PROPERTY.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Your assertion is is not true. The text explicitly says that you are not supposed to covet "any THING that is your neighbor's." That refers to your neighbors PROPERTY.
    Property is "anything" that belongs to someone else. Hence, when we leave an item on the train for example, we go to the Lost Property Office to claim it back.

The word "property" usually conjures up (for me) real estate; buildings or land.

The only time anything is not in private or public ownership is when it is said to be; "common property".

Hi Rose , see my replies in red:

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hello Cheow

First off, all your refutations are not in opposition to my words, rather you are trying to justify the words of Scripture which you have quoted!
    Precisely, why this thread is in this Christian Apologetic section. In this section, we talk about God in the positive and why He did what He has done. Dare to try it yourself and justify that all actions done by God were positive? You will be amazed at your transformations and attitudes towards God.

1. (Exo. 20:17) This commandment has EVERYTHING to do with property! The only things that are listed are properties that belong to men.
    It has nothing to do with properties, the key words are "Thou shalt not covet"i.e. Do not be greedy.

2. (Zech. 14:1-2) Notice the words "For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle;". What these words are saying is that god is going to gather all the nations against Jerusalem, allowing the men to rape the women at will.
    Gather can also means draw just like Jesus and His angels "gather" all His elects or does it means that the elects are drawn towards Jesus? You need to understand book relationships and Bible lingo. Zechariah is related in many ways to Revelations... the Woman, the colored horses etc. Therefore the words "For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem for battle" is referring to the events at Armageddon whereby all nations gathered there to fight against God in Revelation 21. What it means in Bible lingo is that the nations are drawn towards Jerusalem for battle because of God just like in Armageddon.

3. (Gen. 3:16-17) Both WERE NOT punished equally! Women not only received the curse of pain in childbirth, but also the curse of having men rule over them ... which has caused nothing but suffering for women at the hands of men throughout history.
    Both were punished all right; men were punished for hard labor. Women have the curse of birth pangs; men have the curse of the prostate! Women have the curse of menstruation, men have the curse of nocturnal emission!

4. (Exo. 20:5) This verse specifically says that god is a JEALOUS god and that he WILL punish the innocent children up until the fourth generation.
    God is not a Jealous God, see my coming thread. Jealous is to be interpreted positively in which God yearned for the people to come to him instead of to their idol god. The punishment of innocent children served as deterrent and will only come into force if there is no repentence or exceptions. Asked yourself, were the ten commandments absolute? No, as long as it is justified. Jesus forgave the adulterer due to perhaps the repentence of the adulterer or some exception such as adultery was done in order to force a divorce to save herself and her children from her violent husband or to make her husband repent of his violence to the family. Jesus also broke the Sabbath in order to performed miracles of healing (Matthew 12:10). God also forgave King David and Hezekiah even when they repented for breaking one of the ten commandments.

5. (Psalm 144:1-2) War means fighting! The Bible is filled with violence and fighting, much of which is commanded by god.
    Unfortunately, History shows that the majority of wars were caused by men....WW1, WW2 etc. Funny, usually good people won the wars; does it means that war is one of the means to get rid of evil people or to reduce evil in the world? I believe so. Let's not encourage evil to reign on earth.

All your refutations are merely your opinions and justifications for the abominable, gender biased acts of the Biblegod.
    There is no Gender Bias in the Bible. It is due to your misguided thinking.

Take care
    Rose
    God Bless.
    Seek and You shall find,

Hi Rose , see my replies in red:

God Bless.
    Hello Cheow,

My response will be in blue:
    Originally Posted by Rose
    Hello Cheow

Precisely, why this thread is in this Christian Apologetic section. In this section, we talk about God in the positive and why He did what He has done. Dare to try it yourself and justify that all actions done by God were positive? You will be amazed at your transformations and attitudes towards God. Sometime you should try taking off your blinders and actually read what the Bible says, without trying to cover-up all its horrendous accounts.

It has nothing to do with properties, the key words are "Thou shalt not covet"i.e. Do not be greedy. As I said before, it has everything to do with property, clearly showing how women were considered the property of men.

Gather can also means draw just like Jesus and His angels "gather" all His elects or does it means that the elects are drawn towards Jesus? You need to understand book relationships and Bible lingo. Zechariah is related in many ways to Revelations... the Woman, the colored horses etc. Therefore the words "For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem for battle" is referring to the events at Armageddon whereby all nations gathered there to fight against God in Revelation 21. What it means in Bible lingo is that the nations are drawn towards Jerusalem for battle because of God just like in Armageddon. Whether it means gather or draw, you still did not address the point that god ALLOWED the women to be raped at will ... a specific act directed at women!

Both were punished all right; men were punished for hard labor. Women have the curse of birth pangs; men have the curse of the prostate! Women have the curse of menstruation, men have the curse of nocturnal emission! Once again, you did not address the specific point about unequal punishment, which means bias. Women were singled out to have the cruel curse of men ruling over them, which has inflicted horrendous pain and suffering on women throughout history.

God is not a Jealous God, see my coming thread. Jealous is to be interpreted positively in which God yearned for the people to come to him instead of to their idol god. The punishment of innocent children served as deterrent and will only come into force if there is no repentence or exceptions. Asked yourself, were the ten commandments absolute? No, as long as it is justified. Jesus forgave the adulterer due to perhaps the repentence of the adulterer or some exception such as adultery was done in order to force a divorce to save herself and her children from her violent husband or to make her husband repent of his violence to the family. Jesus also broke the Sabbath in order to performed miracles of healing (Matthew 12:10). God also forgave King David and Hezekiah even when they repented for breaking one of the ten commandments. Again, you do not address the central issue, and that is the biased and unfair nature of god. To try and justify the punishing of innocent children shows a lack of empathy and compassion. Your belief in the absolute goodness of god blinds you to the fact that the Bible is filled with horrendous immoral acts commanded by him.

Unfortunately, History shows that the majority of wars were caused by men....WW1, WW2 etc. Funny, usually good people won the wars; does it means that war is one of the means to get rid of evil people or to reduce evil in the world? I believe so. Let's not encourage evil to reign on earth.
    Actually, all the wars of history have been caused by man. Sometimes it's because people are defending themselves against invaders and other times it's because people are trying to conquer other nations.

There is no Gender Bias in the Bible. It is due to your misguided thinking.
    You are making yourself appear silly by repeating that there is no gender bias in the Bible. If there is no gender bias in the Bible, why are you trying to justify it? You don't need to justify something that isn't there.

Bias:

1. Prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

Take care
    Rose

There is No Sexism in the Bible

This is from a website which helps to explain my view (in Bold) why there is No Sexism in the BIble:

Question: "Is God / the Bible sexist?"

Answer: Sexism is one gender, usually male, having dominance over the other gender, usually female. The Bible contains many references to women that, to our modern mindset, sound discriminatory towards women. But we have to remember that when the Bible describes an action, it does not necessarily mean that the Bible endorses that action. The Bible describes men treating women as little more than property, but that does not mean God approves of that action. The Bible is far more focused on reforming our souls than our societies. God knows that a changed heart will result in a changed behavior.

During Old Testament times, virtually every culture in the entire world was patriarchal in structure. That status of history is very clear—not only in Scripture but also in the rules that governed most societies. By modern value systems and worldly human viewpoint, that is called “sexist.” God ordained the order in society, not man, and He is the author of the establishment principles of authority. However, like everything else, fallen man has corrupted this order. That has resulted in the inequality of the standing of men and women throughout history. The exclusion and the discrimination that we find in our world is nothing new. It is the result of the fall of man and the introduction of sin. Therefore, we can rightly say that the term and the practice of “sexism” is a result of sin. The progressive revelation of the Bible leads us to the cure for sexism and indeed all the sinful practices of the human race.

To find and maintain a spiritual balance between the God-ordained positions of authority, we must look to Scripture. The New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old, and in it we find principles that tell us the correct line of authority and the cure for sin, the ill of all humanity, and that includes discrimination based upon gender.

The cross of Christ is the great equalizer. John 3:16 says, “Whoever believes,” and that is an all-inclusive statement that leaves no one out on the basis of position in society, mental capacity, or gender. We also find a passage in Galatians that speaks of our equal opportunity for salvation. “You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:26-28). There is no sexism at the cross.

The Bible is not sexist in its accurate portrayal of the results of sin in both men and women. The Bible records all kinds of sin: slavery and bondage and the failures of its greatest heroes. Yet it also gives us the answer and the cure for those sins against God and His established order—a right relationship with God. The Old Testament was looking forward to the supreme sacrifice, and each time a sacrifice for sin was made, it was teaching the need for reconciliation to God. In the New Testament, the “Lamb that takes away the sin of the world” was born, died, was buried and rose again, and then ascended to His place in heaven, and there He intercedes for us. It is through belief in Him that the cure for sin is found, and that includes the sin of sexism.

The charge of sexism in the Bible is based upon a lack of knowledge of Scripture. When men and women of all ages have taken their God-ordained places and lived according to “thus says the LORD,” then there is a wonderful balance between the genders. That balance is what God began with, and it is what He will end with. There is an inordinate amount of attention paid to the various products of sin and not to the root of it. It is only when there is personal reconciliation with God through the Lord Jesus Christ that we find true equality. “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).

It is also very important to understand that the Bible’s ascribing different roles to men and women does not constitute sexism. The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God expects men to take the leadership role in the church and the home. Does this make women inferior? Absolutely not. Does this mean women are less intelligent, less capable, or viewed as less in God’s eyes? Absolutely not! What it means is that in our sin-stained world, there has to be structure and authority. God has instituted the roles of authority for our good. Sexism is the abuse of these roles, not the existence of these roles
    Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/God-Bibl...#ixzz2yxP1looi

God Bless.
    Seek and You shall find,

This is from a website which helps to explain my view (in Bold) why there is No Sexism in the BIble:

Question: "Is God / the Bible sexist?"

Answer: Sexism is one gender, usually male, having dominance over the other gender, usually female. The Bible contains many references to women that, to our modern mindset, sound discriminatory towards women. But we have to remember that when the Bible describes an action, it does not necessarily mean that the Bible endorses that action. The Bible describes men treating women as little more than property, but that does not mean God approves of that action. The Bible is far more focused on reforming our souls than our societies. God knows that a changed heart will result in a changed behavior.

It is also very important to understand that the Bible’s ascribing different roles to men and women does not constitute sexism.
    The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God expects men to take the leadership role in the church and the home. Does this make women inferior? Absolutely not. Does this mean women are less intelligent, less capable, or viewed as less in God’s eyes? Absolutely not! What it means is that in our sin-stained world, there has to be structure and authority. God has instituted the roles of authority for our good. Sexism is the abuse of these roles, not the existence of these roles
    God Bless.
    Hello Cheow

From what you have bolded it is clear to see you are very confused about the meaning of the words "sexism" and "gender bias". First off the Bible is filled with sexism and gender bias, whether or not you wish to admit that the Biblegod approves of it. To be biased means to treat things and people unequally, so even if you believe that it is okay to assign men and women different roles doesn't mean that it is not biased to do so. The article you quoted doesn't say their is no sexism or bias in the Bible, it just says that god does not approve of that action.

The Bible not only assigns men and women different roles, it denies women equal human rights with men and that is called sexism. It is pure ignorance to say that there is no sexism or gender bias in the Bible. You may think it is just fine to have men rule over women, but that doesn't mean it isn't biased.

Now for Part 2. As her article is too long, I am refuting Rose article Gender Bias in the Bible based on the scriptural verses found in her article. My replies are in red:

Judge 21:11-12 And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man. And they found among the inhabitants of Jabesh-Gilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.
    Why killed all the males? Another example of God bias against the male? God needs to do jsutice. This was done in retailiation of what the enemy have done to the Israelites. Same as what the US government is doing towards the terrorists for the killling of innocent souls in 9/11. The pardon of the virgin ladies were for their roles in not commiting sexual sins. The women and men were killed because of their sexual sins. We need to look at the verse carefully, it says utterly destroy every male (homosexuals?) and every female that has lain with men (we do know that people of those times who worshipped Molech committed terrible perverse sexual sins). You can check it out iin the internet. God told them to kill those males and females who have perverse sexual relationships.

Deuteronomy 21:10-12 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house;
    I see nothing wron with this verse. It simply says that if you desire a beautiful lady, you may marry her to be your wife.

Num.31:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying…17) Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
    We need to look at the verse carefully. It says utterly destroy every male (homosexuals?) and every female that has lain with men (we do know that people of those times who worshipped Molech committed terrible perverse sexual sins). You can check it out iin the internet. They are to be kept for their marriage.

*Deut.6:10-11 And it shall be, when the LORD thy God shall have brought thee into the land which he sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give thee great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not, And houses full of all good things, which thou filledst not, and wells digged, which thou diggedst not, vineyards and olive trees, which thou plantedst not; when thou shalt have eaten and be full.
    I don't see anything wrong with this verses if these are gifts from God to inherit all these things as rewards for their love for God as after all all things on earth belongs to God; It's God's property. Don't you think we are also tenants in everything in which God has created for us to live. How unthankful are we!

Deut 7:2-3 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
    These were very evil people who worsipped Molech. The verse is funny in the sense that if everyone of their enemies were killed there won't be any son or daughter to be given or taken for marriage. It smelt of translation error or oddities in Bible lingo. Thus I believe Moses told them to kill those who were evil and spare the innocent.

*2Sam.12:13-17 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die. Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah’s wife bare unto David, and it was very sick. David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth. And the elders of his house arose, and went to him, to raise him up from the earth: but he would not, neither did he eat bread with them. And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died…
    It is God's way of showing justice. How to be a judge if no justice is shown. Forgiveness of sin does not mean no punishment. Yes God punished them by killing the child to show justice for Urriah's death but he can also resurrect the child back or provide a better child for them just like what happened to Job chldren when God replaced Job with better, prettier children (Job 42). God also replaced Abel with the better Seth.
    12 The Lord blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the former part. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys. 13 And he also had seven sons and three daughters. 14 The first daughter he named Jemimah, the second Keziah and the third Keren-Happuch. 15 Nowhere in all the land were there found women as beautiful as Job’s daughters, and their father granted them an inheritance along with their brothers.

*Exo.20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the 3rd and 4th generation means that the evils done by the fathers will be in the genes of their generation till the 3rd and 4th generations. BTW, anyone who committed sin and truly repented will be forgiven. Remember, repentence does not mean no punishment.

* Gen.2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
    I see nothing wrong with this. The male has the XY chromosome is more suitable for "cloning" than the female who only has the X chromosome, The rib was chosen for creating Eve because it was the best for such "cloning". See my thread on "why God used Adam's rib to create Eve".

To be continued.....

God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-16-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    Seek and You shall find,

Now for Part 2. As her article is too long, I am refuting Rose article Gender Bias in the Bible based on the scriptural verses found in her article. My replies are in red:
    Your post is the perfect example of how religion corrupts a persons morals. I am astounded at your callus attitude and justification of atrocious immoral acts, all because the god you believe in commanded them. I will reply to your comments in blue.

Judge 21:11-12 And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man. And they found among the inhabitants of Jabesh-Gilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.
    Why killed all the males? Another example of God bias against the male? God needs to do jsutice. This was done in retailiation of what the enemy have done to the Israelites. Same as what the US government is doing towards the terrorists for the killling of innocent souls in 9/11. The pardon of the virgin ladies were for their roles in not commiting sexual sins. The women and men were killed because of their sexual sins. We need to look at the verse carefully, it says utterly destroy every male (homosexuals?) and every female that has lain with men (we do know that people of those times who worshipped Molech committed terrible perverse sexual sins). You can check it out iin the internet. God told them to kill those males and females who have perverse sexual relationships. You are actually trying to say that in god's justice the virgins were spared because of their lack of sexual sins? How insane is that? The real reason the virgins were kept alive is because of the lust of the men who wanted the women for their own sexual desires. Also, what about all the male children and babies who were slaughtered ... what evil did they do? Are you condoning that too as part of god's justice?

Deuteronomy 21:10-12 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house;
    I see nothing wrong with this verse. It simply says that if you desire a beautiful lady, you may marry her to be your wife. You actually think that is okay for a man to capture a beautiful woman he lusts after and marry her? Your morals truly have been totally corrupted!

Num.31:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying…17) Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
    We need to look at the verse carefully. It says utterly destroy every male (homosexuals?) and every female that has lain with men (we do know that people of those times who worshipped Molech committed terrible perverse sexual sins). You can check it out iin the internet. They are to be kept for their marriage. It sounds like you are saying every male was a homosexual including the male children and babies ... how utterly immoral is that? You are also justifying the act of slaughtering a whole population except for virgin girls, so the lusty men can have wives! Religion has totally corrupted your mind and your morals. According to your standards it's okay to slaughter a whole population, because a bunch of lusty men want women to marry! How sick and pathetic is that!?!?

*Deut.6:10-11 And it shall be, when the LORD thy God shall have brought thee into the land which he sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give thee great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not, And houses full of all good things, which thou filledst not, and wells digged, which thou diggedst not, vineyards and olive trees, which thou plantedst not; when thou shalt have eaten and be full.
    I don't see anything wrong with this verses if these are gifts from God to inherit all these things as rewards for their love for God as after all all things on earth belongs to God; It's God's property. Don't you think we are also tenants in everything in which God has created for us to live. How unthankful are we! You actually don't see anything wrong with slaughtering a whole population in order to take all their possessions because the Biblegod commands it? Another perfect example of the extreme harm religion does to people minds.

Deut 7:2-3 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
    These were very evil people who worsipped Molech. The verse is funny in the sense that if everyone of their enemies were killed there won't be any son or daughter to be given or taken for marriage. It smelt of translation error or oddities in Bible lingo. Thus I believe Moses told them to kill those who were evil and spare the innocent. Yeah, right! All those children and babies were very evil and deserving of death because their parents worshiped Molech. In this verse the capricious Biblegod didn't even let the virgins live.

*2Sam.12:13-17 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die. Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah’s wife bare unto David, and it was very sick. David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth. And the elders of his house arose, and went to him, to raise him up from the earth: but he would not, neither did he eat bread with them. And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died…
    It is God's way of showing justice. How to be a judge if no justice is shown. Forgiveness of sin does not mean no punishment. Yes God punished them by killing the child to show justice for Urriah's death but he can also resurrect the child back or provide a better child for them just like what happened to Job chldren when God replaced Job with better, prettier children (Job 42). God also replaced Abel with the better Seth. Once again, your justification of atrocious immoral acts done by the Biblegod leaves me in shock You actually think that it is morally just to cause a baby to suffer for seven days before dying to pay for the his fathers wrong doing? Meanwhile David get away with having Uriah killed and gets to marry Bathsheba, and you think that is justice!?!?

12 The Lord blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the former part. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys. 13 And he also had seven sons and three daughters. 14 The first daughter he named Jemimah, the second Keziah and the third Keren-Happuch. 15 Nowhere in all the land were there found women as beautiful as Job’s daughters, and their father granted them an inheritance along with their brothers.

*Exo.20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the 3rd and 4th generation means that the evils done by the fathers will be in the genes of their generation till the 3rd and 4th generations. BTW, anyone who committed sin and truly repented will be forgiven. Remember, repentence does not mean no punishment. I think your Biblegod is a little confused Sometimes he says he will punish the children for the sins of their fathers and other times he says he won't.

* Gen.2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
    I see nothing wrong with this. The male has the XY chromosome is more suitable for "cloning" than the female who only has the X chromosome, The rib was chosen for creating Eve because it was the best for such "cloning". See my thread on "why God used Adam's rib to create Eve". Neither really makes any sense If you start with the male then you have to delete the Y chromosome to make a female, and if you start with the female you have to insert a Y chromosome to make a male ... same difference either way.

To the modern mind, trying to make moral sense of the Bible requires a tremendous amount of justification and reasoning away of stuff that is just downright immoral and wrong!

To be continued.....

God Bless.

Thread Information