Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 110
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80
    "A LIST OF THE BIBLEGOD'S ATROCITES"

    Take a moment to browse some specific examples of God-endorsed atrocities. Then, ask yourself how you would feel about these accounts of rape, murder, incest, slavery, torture genocide and infanticide if these acts had been perpetrated say by a human being: Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

    Hey, i'm just sayin'...and doesn't your so-called "Moral Code" require you to denounce these acts as horrific and monstrous, Eh?

    Or do you hold God to a different "Double Standard" simply because "He is [the Almighty Mother Fucker]," and of course he can do whatever the hell he wants, Eh?"


    THE BODY COUNT:

    EXODUS 32:27 After seeing the golden calf, God commanded the Levites, "Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor." (3,000) were slaughtered, and God was pleased.
    NUMBERS 16:35 A fire from God killed (250) men.
    NUMBER 16:48 A plague from God killed (14,700).
    NUMBERS 25:9 A plague from God killed (24,000).
    [NUMBERS 31:31-40 God divided the plunder to the soldiers, the priest, the Israelites and for tribute to the Lord. 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, 61,000 donkeys [and 32,000 sexy virgin women]
    JOSHUA 8:22-25 God helped Joshua battle and slaughter (12,000) men and women in the city of Ai. None escaped.
    JUDGES 1:4 God gave the Canaanites and Perizzites into the hands of Judah. (10,000) enemy killed.
    JUDGES 15:15 Samson killed (1,000) men with the jawbone of an ass.
    JUDGES 16:27-30 God helped Samson pull down the pillars of the temple, killing (3,000).
    JUDGES 20:43-48 The Israelites killed (25,000) men. (600) men fled to the desert. The Israelites went and put everyone in the towns "to the sword, including the animals and everything else they found." Then they burned the towns down.
    1 SAMUEL 4:10 The Philistines killed (30,000) Israelite soldiers.
    1 SAMUEL 18:27 David and his men killed (200) Philistines, presenting their foreskins to the king to win Michal in marriage.
    1 SAMUEL 30:17 David killed all but (400) Amalekites, who escaped.
    1 SAMUEL 6:19 Some of the men of Beth Shemesh looked into the Ark. God punished them by killing all (70) of them.
    2 SAMUEL 8:1-18 David's acts included killing 2 out of 3 Moabite soliders, hamstringing (6,900) chariot horses, killing (22,000) Syrians, and striking down (18,000) Edomites in the Valley of Salt. Verse 6 says "…The Lord gave David victory wherever he went."
    2 SAMUEL 10:18 David killed (700) charioteers and (40,000) Aramean foot soldiers.
    2 SAMUEL 18:6-7 David's army slaughtered (20,000) men in the forest of Ephraim.
    2 SAMUEL 24:15 God sent a plague on Israel to punish David for sin. (70,000) people died.
    1 KINGS 20:29-30 The Israelites fought the Syrians. Enemy body count for a single day = (100,000). A wall fell on the (27,000) remaining people.
    2 KINGS 1:10-12 Elijah called down fire from heaven. (50) men were consumed by the flames.
    2 KINGS 2:23-24 – (42) Fourty-two children made fun of Elisha on the roadside because he was bald. Elisha cursed them. Two bears came out of the woods and mauled them to death!
    2 KINGS 10:7 Jehu had Ahab's (70) sons beheaded. He then sent the heads to their grieving father.
    2 KINGS 10:14 Jehu ordered the death of Ahab's family…(42) people.
    2 KINGS 19:35 An angel of the Lord killed (185,000) men in the Assyrian camp.
    2 CHRONICLES 13:17 God delivered the Israelites to Abijah and Judah. (500,000) enemy dead.

    GENESIS
    GENESIS 6 & 7 Unhappy with the wickedness of man, God killed every living thing on the planet except Noah's family. Men, women, infants and animals drowned in unimaginable terror and agony.
    GENESIS 19:6- In Sodom, Lot's home was assaulted by a homosexual mob seeking to have relations with two angels. Lot volunteered his virgin daughters to the crowd, saying "you can do what you like with them" as long as the guests are left alone. After offering his children to be raped, Lot was then appointed by God as worthy of rescue from Sodom's destruction.
    GENESIS 19:26: God, still unfazed by the proposed rape of Lot's virgin daughters, turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for "the heinous crime of looking over her shoulder."
    GENESIS 34:13 Shechem had premarital sex with Jacob's daughter Dinah, which angered Jacob's sons. Shechem and his father, Hamor, agreed to circumcision for the men in the city in order for Shechem to marry Dinah and make Jacob's other daughters eligible for the men of the city. Three days later, while the men were still enduring the pain of circumcision, Jacob's sons attacked the unsuspecting city, killing Shechem and Hamor with swords, looting the city, seizing the flocks, herds, possessions and wealth, plundering the houses and carrying off their women and children.
    GENESIS 38: 8-10 – Onan was instructed by Judah to lay with his brother's wife to produce offspring for his brother (who was put to death by God for wickedness). Onan slept with his brother's wife but "spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother" (NIV). God found this wicked, so God killed him.

    EXODUS
    EXODUS 2:12 Moses saw an Egyptian beating up a Hebrew. He looked around, saw no witnesses, killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.
    EXODUS 7:2-4 God hardened Pharaoh's heart and planned his "mighty acts of judgment.
    EXODUS 7:20-21 God turned the Nile river to blood. The fish died, and the water was undrinkable.
    EXODUS 8: 6-7 God sent a plague of frogs which covered the land.
    EXODUS 8:16 God sent a plague of gnats.
    EXODUS 8:24 God sent a swarm of flies.
    EXODUS 9:5 God killed all of the Egyptian livestock with a plague.
    EXODUS 9:10 God sent a plague of festering boils on the people and animals.
    EXODUS 9:22-25 God sent a hail storm to Egypt, striking man and animal, stripping the land.
    EXODUS 12: 29 God killed the first-born in every Egyptian home that wasn't marked with lamb's blood.
    EXODUS 17:13 Moses held out the staff of God, allowing Joshua to kill the Amalekites.
    EXODUS 21:20-21 According to God's law, it was wrong to beat a slave to the point of death. But if the slave survived and got back up within a few days, the beating wasn't punishable, because the slave was the property of the master. (God endorsed slavery and the beating of slaves.)

    LEVITICUS
    LEVITICUS 26:7-8 God rewarded obedience with assurances that enemies would all die by the sword.
    LEVITICUS 26:22 God warned that, if the people didn't listen to Him, he would send wild animals to rob parents of their children, destroy cattle and leave the roads deserted.
    LEVITICUS 26:27-29 God threatened hostility, punishing people for their sins "seven times over," making them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters.

    NUMBERS
    NUMBERS 12:9-14 God was displeased with Miriam, so he struck her with leprosy and banished her from the camp for seven days.
    NUMBERS 15:32-36 A man gathered sticks for a fire on the Sabbath. By God's command, he was stoned to death.
    NUMBERS 16:27-33 The men were rebellious, so God caused the earth to open and swallow up the men, wives and children.
    NUMBERS 21:3 The Lord gave the Canaanites over to Israel, who "completely destroyed them and their towns."
    NUMBERS 21:6 God sent venomous snakes, which bit and killed many Israelites.
    NUMBERS 21:35 With God's approval, the Israelites went into the city of Og, killed the king, his sons, the army (leaving no survivors) and took over the land.
    NUMBERS 25:4 God told Moses to kill the leaders of Shittim and expose their bodies in broad daylight.
    NUMBERS 25:8 Phinehas, son of Aaron the priest, killed an Israelite man and Midianite woman with a spear, plunging the spear "into the woman's body."
    NUMBERS 31:9 Under God's command, the Israelites captured the Midianite women and children, and "they took all the plunder and spoils."
    NUMBERS 31:17-18 God commanded Moses to kill all of the male Midianite children and "kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." The virgins were presumably raped. (NOTE: How could the soldiers know which women were virgins?)
    NUMBERS 31:31-40 God divided the plunder to the soldiers, the priest, the Israelites and for tribute to the Lord. 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, 61,000 donkeys [and 32,000 virgin women!]

    DEUTERONOMY
    DEUTERONOMY 2:33-34 Under God's leadership, the Israelites utterly destroyed the men, women and children of Sihon. "…We left no survivors."
    DEUTERONOMY 3:6 Under God's leadership, the Israelites destroyed the men, women and children of Og. They plundered the livestock and possessions.
    DEUTERONOMY 7:2 God told the Israelites, regarding their enemies, to "destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy."
    DEUTERONOMY 20:13-14 God laid down the rules for battle, instructing the slaughter of all of the men. Women, children, livestock and possessions could be taken as "plunder for yourselves."
    DEUTERONOMY 20:16 "…in the cities of the nations the LORD your god is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes."
    DEUTERONOMY 21:10-13 According to God's law, if an Israelite soldier was at war with an enemy, and he saw a beautiful woman that he found attractive, he could capture her to be his wife. She must then shave her head, trim her nails and discard the clothing she was wearing when captured. She could mourn her father and mother for a month. If the soldier wasn't pleased with her for any reason, he could "let her go wherever she wishes."
    DEUTERONOMY 28:53 God's punishment for disobedience included eating "the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the LORD your God has given you."

    JOSHUA
    JOSHUA 6:21-27 Under God's direction, Joshua destroyed the entire city of Jericho…men, women, teenagers and infants…with the edge of the sword. The soldiers then pillaged the silver, gold, bronze and iron for God and burned the city.
    JOSHUA 7:19-26 Achan took a robe and some money from the plunder. Joshua and the Israelites took Achan, the loot, his sons, daughters, cattle, donkeys , sheep and possessions to the Valley of Achor, where all were stoned and burned.
    JOSHUA 10:10-27 God helped Joshua slaughter the Gibeonites.
    JOSHUA 10;28 With God's approval, Joshua put the city of Makkedah" to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it. He left no survivors."
    JOSHUA 10:30 The Lord gave the city of Libnah to Joshua. Everyone in the city was "put to the sword."
    JOSHUA 10:32-33 God gave his approval as Joshua killed every man, woman and child in Lachish with the sword.
    JOSHUA 10:34-35 Everyone in the city of Eglon was killed by the sword of Joshua and his army.
    JOSHUA 10:36-37 God approved as Joshua killed the king of Hebron, its villages and every citizen. "They left no survivors."
    JOSHUA 10:38-39 Joshua took Israel's army to attack Debir. They killed everyone.
    JOSHUA 11:6 God commanded Joshua to defeat the enemy at the Waters of Merom. "You are to hamstring their horses and burn their chariots."
    JOSHUA 11:8-15 Joshua's army, under God's command, did not spare "anyone that breathed."
    JOSHUA 11:20 "For it was the LORD himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the LORD had commanded Moses."

    JUDGES
    JUDGES 1:6 Adoni-Bezek (of the Canaanites) fled, but Judah's army chased him down and sliced off his thumbs and big toes.
    JUDGES 1:8 God approved the attack by Judah on Jerusalem. Judah's army killed and set the city aflame.
    JUDGES 1:17 With God's approval, Judah and Simeon utterly destroyed the Canaanites who inhabited Zephath.
    JUDGES 3:29 The Lord delivered the Moabites into the hands of the Israelites. "At that time they struck down about then thousand Moabites, all vigorous and strong; not a man escaped."
    JUDGES 4:21 Jael drove a tent stakes through the head of Sisera.
    JUDGES 7:19-25 Under God's direction, the Gideons defeated the Midianites. They killed and decapitated their princes and delivered the heads to Gideon.
    JUDGES 8:15-21 Gideon punisheed the men of Succoth with desert thorns and briers. He then "pulled down the tower of Peniel and killed the men of the town."
    JUDGES 9:5 Abimalech murdered his own brothers.
    JUDGES 9:45 Abimalech and his men killed everyone in the city. Then he scattered salt over it.
    JUDGES 9:53-54 Abimelech was laying siege to the city of Thebez when a woman cracked his head with a stone. "Hurredly, he called to his armor-bearer, 'Draw your sword and kill me, so that they can't say "a woman killed him".' So his servant ran him through, and he died."
    JUDGES 11:29-39 Jepthah sacrificed his beloved daughter as a burnt offering after God gave him victory in battle.
    JUDGES 18:27 The Danies went on to Laish, against a peaceful and unsuspecting people. They attacked them with the sword and burned down their city.
    JUDGES 19:22-29 A traveler from Bethlehem, his concubine and servant stayed as guests of an old man in Gibeah. Wicked men of the city surrounded the house, demanding to have sex with the male guest. The old homeowner offered his virgin daughter and the concubine, imploring the mob to "do to them whatever you wish." The concubine was raped and died. The traveler put her dead body on his donkey, went home, took a knife, and hacked her into twelve pieces. He then sent the pieces to each of the twelve tribes of Israel.
    JUDGES 21:10-12 The assembly killed every male and non-virgin female in Jabesh Gilead. They found 400 virgins to bring back for themselves.

    1 SAMUEL
    1 SAMUEL 5:6-9 As punishment for stealing the Ark of the Covenant, God afflicted the Philistines with tumors in their "secret parts."
    1 SAMUEL 7:7-11 God helped Samuel's men kill the Philistines, "slaughtering them along the way to a point below Beth Car."
    1 SAMUEL 11:11 Under God's blessing, Saul and his army slaughtered the Ammonites "until the heat of the day."
    1 SAMUEL 14:31 Jonathan and his men slaughtered the Philistines and "pounced on the plunder," eating meat with blood in it. God supported the slaughter of men "but was displeased at the eating of unclean meat! So Saul built an altar to the Lord.
    1 SAMUEL 15:7-8 God commanded Saul to attack the Amalekites and "totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."
    1 SAMUEL 15:33 "Samuel put Agag to death before the Lord at Gilgal."

    2 SAMUEL
    2 SAMUEL 2:23 Abner thrust the butt of his spear through Asahel's stomach.
    2 SAMUEL 3:30 As revenge for Asahel's death, Joab and Abishai killed Abner.
    2 SAMUEL 4:7-8 Ish-bosheth was lying on the bed in his bedroom. Recab and Baanah went into the room, stabbed and killed him. They decapitated him and took the head to David at Hebron. David was not pleased that an innocent man has been murdered.
    2 SAMUEL 4:12 David punished Rechan and Baanah by killing them, chopping off their hands and feet and hanging their bodies by the pool at Hebron.
    2 SAMUEL 6:6-7 The oxen carrying the Ark of God stumbled, and Uzzah reached out to steady it. God punished his "irreverent act" by killing him where he stood.
    2 SAMUEL 6:22-23 Michal mocked David for exposing himself to slave girls. Michal was punished by God, who made her barren of children for the rest of her life. (Also note the contradiction in 2 Samuel 21:8, where Michal is said to NOT be barren, but instead has five children.)
    2 SAMUEL 11:14-27 David coveted Uriah's wife. So he had him killed in battle so David could have Bathsheba for himself.
    2 SAMUEL 12:1 For David's murder of Uriah, God killed David's child.
    2 SAMUEL 13:1-15 David's son, Amnon, fell in love with his own sister, Tamar, a virgin. She protested his advances, (verse 14) "but he refused to listen to her, and since he was stronger than she, he raped her." Afterward, Amnon hated her and cast her out of the room.
    2 SAMUEL 13:28-29 Tamar's brother Absalom ordered his men to get Amnon drunk, then kill him for raping his sister.
    2 SAMUEL 18:15 Joab took 3 javelins and plunged them into Absalom's heart. Ten other men struck and killed him.
    2 SAMUEL 20:10-12 Joab plunged a dagger into Amasa's belly, spilling his intestines onto the ground. Amasa died, wallowing in his blood inthe middle of the road.

    1 KINGS
    1 KINGS 2:24-25 Solomon killed Adonijah.
    1 KINGS 2:29-34 Solomon killed Joab.
    1 KINGS 13-15-24 A prophet lied to a man, telling him it was fine to eat bread and drink water in a place the Lord had previously told him not to. The deceived man ate and drank there. God sent a lion to kill him, "and his body was thrown down on the road."

    2 KINGS
    2 KINGS 5:27 Elisha cursed Gehazi and his descendants, forever, with leprosy.
    2 KINGS 6:18-19 The enemy came toward Elisha, and he prayed to God, "Strike these people with blindness." God made them blind. Elisha then tricked them and led them to Samaria, where God opened their eyes again.
    2 KINGS 6:29 A woman cried out to the king of Israel, lamenting a great famine. She was upset because she had agreed to cook her son and eat him, but after the deed, another woman had refused to do the same.
    2 KINGS 9:24 Jehu tricked Joram, then murdered him with a bow and arrow, piercing his heart.
    2 KINGS 9:27 Jehu ordered his men to kill Ahaziah, king of Judah.
    2 KINGS 9:30-37 Jehu had Jezebel killed. Horses trampled her and her blood splattered the wall. Dogs ate her flesh and her remains were called "refuse" (trash).
    2 KINGS 10:17 According to God's word (spoken to Elijah), Jehu went to Samaria and "killed all who were left there of Ahab's family; he destroyed them…"
    2 KINGS 10:19-27 Jehu trapped the Baal worshippers in the temple. He then told the guards, "Go in and kill them; let no one escape." They slaughtered the worshippers and burned down the temple, using it as a latrine from that day forward.
    2 KINGS 11:1 Athaliah destroyed the royal family.
    2 KINGS 14:5 Amaziah executeed the officials who murdered his father.
    2 KINGS 14:3-5 God was unhappy with Azariah, even though he had done what was right in the eyes of the Lord. The high places had not been removed, and God was jealous of their sacrifices on that altar. So God afflicted Azariah with leprosy as punishment.
    2 KINGS 15:16 Menahem attacked the city of Tiphsah. He destroyed the town and "ripped open all of the pregnant women."
    2 Chronicles
    2 CHRONICLES 21:4 Jehoram killed all of his brothers, and some of the princes of Israel...put to death by sword.
    Isaiah

    ISAIAH
    ISAIAH 13:15 Isaiah saw a prophecy regarding Babylon. "Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished."
    ISAIAH 13:18 God's punishment for Babylon was further described. "Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on infants, nor will they look with compassion on children."
    ISAIAH 14:21-23 "Prepare a place to slaughter his sons for the sins of their forefathers; they are not to rise to inherit the land and cover the earth with their cities. 'I will rise up against them,' declares the Lord Almighty."
    ISAIAH 49:26 God's punishment on those who came against Israel. "I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh; they will be be drunk on their own blood, as with wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior…"
    JEREMIAH
    JEREMIAH 16:4 The word of the Lord about the children born in this land says "They will die of deadly diseases. They will not be mourned or buried but will be like refuse lying on the ground. They will perish by sword and famine, and their dead bodies will become food for the birds of the air and the bests of the earth."

    EZRA
    EZRA 6:12-13 Darius' decree said that, if anyone changed his edict, "a beam is to be pulled from his house and he is to be lifted up and impaled on it." Then the house was to be demolished.

    JOB
    JOB 1 To prove a point, God gave Satan permission to torment Job and test his righteousness. Job's children were killed. Job's possessions were destroyed. Job tore his clothes and shaved his head from grief.
    JOB 2 God allows Satan to smite Job's body with horrible boils "from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head." Job scraped his afflicted skin with a piece of broken pottery. His wife tells Job to "Curse God and die." Job's friends found him unrecognizable. This is how God treats his beloved children.

    EZEKIEL
    EZEKIEL 20:26 Israel rebelled, and God's punishment was sobering. "I let them become defiled through their gifts- the sacrifice of every firstborn- that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the Lord."
    EZEKIEL 23:34 God said that prostitutes would drink a cup of scorn and tear their breasts.
    EZEKIEL 23:45-47 God punished adultery. "…Bring a mob against them and give them over to terror and plunder. The mob will stone them and cut them down with their swords; they will kill their sons and daughters and burn down their houses."
    HOSEA
    HOSEA 13:16 Because Israel had rebelled, a wind from the Lord would blow in. They "will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, and their pregnant women ripped open."


    The Wrathful God of Isaiah, "when the Lord "[REVELS!]" in the SLAUGHTER of the RIGHTEOUS and [INNOCENT]" I DO ALL THESE [THINGS]" Well, what are these things? THINGS like "a Day when the Lord REVELS[!] in the SLAUGHTER of the RIGHTEOUS and INNOCENT[!] HE SAID "REVELS!" (To take GREAT-DELIGHT and ORGIASTIC-PLEASURE; A PARTY and CELEBRATION; To REVEL IN SUCCESS.)

    The slaughtering, raping, ruthless storm God...and it comes right from the Bible. Tyrant-Yahweh the one effective Will in creation so that "he was behind everything that happened or was done." He it was "who killed and caused manslaughter" (Ex 21:13). If it was Evil destruction and disintegration then "Yahweh was the source of such wicked-evil and terrors." "I [CREATE] EVIL." The word 'Create, that [what before did not exist was now made!]." Not Made. To Create", to "bring into being and existence." (Isai.45,7)

    I this truly Loving and Graceful "Godlike" behavior - or rather just the Opposite?
    Last edited by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777; 04-20-2014 at 04:50 AM.
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Dam Apple! - "Wisdom comes from asking questions."

    I am the Demon Child of Wisdom and Understanding.
    I am HER tantric monk and SHE my Left-Hand Priestess.
    I perch on HER brink, waiting for a summons from the Queen.
    I dance in response to HER teasing and testing.
    I leap into Her depth, HER perfect and Horrible Mystery!

    לילית


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80

    Talk about Grender Bias! (Geesh.)

    The idiotic Church Fathers overtly perverted, degraded woman and considered her to be accursed and called her a Serpent, a Scorpion- the devil in Feminine-form! (What a sick bunch of Lying Bastards. How perverted and shameful.)

    Is "The Bible for Dummies" [the most appropriate title for a book] you've ever heard?

    Let us look at the following Verses in the Bible: "If a man takes a wife and, after laying with her, dislikes her and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, 'I married this woman but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,' then the girl's father and mother shall bring proof [how do you think they would do that?] that she was a virgin to the town elders at the gate. The girl's father will say to the elders, 'I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. Now he has slandered her and said, 'I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.' But here is the proof of my daughter's virginity.' Then her parents shall display the cloth [and keep that bloody cloth for as long as his daughter is married] with before the elders of the town, and the elders shall take the man and punish him. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:13-18)"

    Here is a more clear translation from Hebrew Resources: "The girl's father and mother shall produce the evidence of the girl's virginity before the elders of the town at the gate. And the girl's father shall say to the elders, "I gave this man my daughter to wife, but he had taken an aversion to her; so he has made up charges, saying, 'I did not find your daughter a virgin.' But here is the evidence of my daughter's virginity!" And [they shall spread out the cloth before the elders of the town]. (From the New JPS translation, Deuteronomy 22:15-17)"

    The New JPS translation of Deuteronomy 22:15-17 makes it even more clear about [having the parents of the girl displaying the bloody piece of cloth] before the elders of the town.

    Birth of any female is a loss: Ecclesiasticus 22:3 "....and [the birth of ANY daughter is a loss]." (From the New Jerusalem Bible. Catholic Bible).

    If a woman tries to save her husband from a beating by grabbing the other man's private parts to lift him off her husband, then both her hands must get cut off: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "And in case men struggle together (in a fight) with one another, and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the striking one (to save her husband), and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of his private (the other man's groin), [she must then get both her hands cut off, and the eyes of the men must feel no sorrow."]

    Fathers can sell their daughters as slave girls: Exodus 21:7-8 "And in case a man should sell his daughter as a slave girl, she will not go out in the way that the slave men go out. If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master so that he doesn't designate her as a concubine but causes her to be redeemed, he will not be entitled to sell her to a foreign people in his treacherously dealing with her."

    Ecclesiastes 25:22 "Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die." (from the Catholics Bible) [Women in the Bible are considered filth and evil!]

    Ecclesiastics 7:26-28 "And I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare....while I was still searching but not finding, I found one upright man among a thousand but not one upright woman among them all". [The Bible claims that it is impossible to find a single good woman among a thousand women.]


    What the "So-called" Canonized Saints of Christianity said about Women:

    "Woman is a daughter of falsehood, a sentinel of Hell, the enemy of peace; through her Adam lost paradise" (St. John Demascene)
    "Woman is the instrument which the devil uses to gain possession of our souls" (St. Cyprian)
    "Woman is the fountain of the arm of the devil, her voice is the hissing of the serpent" (St. Anthony)
    "Woman has the poison of an asp, the malice of a dragon" (St. Gregory)

    Tertullian, while he was talking to his 'best beloved sisters' in the faith, he said, "Do you not know that you are each an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too. You are the Devil's gateway: You are the unsealer of the forbidden tree: You are the first deserter of the divine law: You are she who persuaded him whom the devil wasn't valiant enough to attack. You destroyed so easily God's image, man."

    Once again, St. Augustine wrote to a friend, "What is the difference whether it is in a wife or a mother, it is still Eve the temptress that we must beware of in any woman."

    It is clear in the Old Testament that uncovering a woman's head was a great disgrace and that's why the priest had to uncover the suspected adulteress in her trial by ordeal (Numbers 5:16-18).

    Tertullian in his famous treatise 'On The Veiling Of Virgins' wrote, "Young women, you wear your veils out on the streets, so you should wear them in the church, you wear them when you are among strangers, then wear them among your brothers..."

    Continuing, according to the Old Testament, a childless widow must marry her husband's brother, even if he is already married and regardless of her consent, so that she might bear a child from him (Deuteronomy 25:5).

    According to Numbers 27:1-11, widows and sisters don't inherit at all. Daughters can inherit only if their deceased father had no sons. Source: The Bible.

    Well I don't know, there are lots and lots of sick and twisted Bible verses like.
    Last edited by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777; 04-20-2014 at 04:20 AM.
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Dam Apple! - "Wisdom comes from asking questions."

    I am the Demon Child of Wisdom and Understanding.
    I am HER tantric monk and SHE my Left-Hand Priestess.
    I perch on HER brink, waiting for a summons from the Queen.
    I dance in response to HER teasing and testing.
    I leap into Her depth, HER perfect and Horrible Mystery!

    לילית


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80
    These IGNORANT AND UNEDUCATED WOMEN BEATERS Accursed and called HER a Serpent, Snare, and a Scorpion. It is they who have so twisted and perverted the Truth.

    To begin with, SHE was never an evil to begin with, so that when personified in her the scorpion is really on the side of the gods!

    The Satanic Apap-serpent and the Sebau, are bound in Chains. The Sebau represent the physical forces in external nature that made for evil and were for ever opposed to the Good Being and to the peace of the world. These were always rising in impotent revolt as the hosts of darkness and spawn of Apap, headed by the evil-hearted Sut-Satan. It is said to the Pre-anthropomorphic Christian devil, 'Chains are [cast upon thee by the scorpion goddess]. Sut (Satan) is also imprisoned with a chain upon his neck.

    But it was actually the Scorpion goddess herself, who seizes and holds the Satanic Apophis serpent. Apap Serpent is in Bonds. Hence it is said to Apap: 'Thy whole heart is torn out by the lynx-goddess. Chains are flung upon thee by the scorpion-goddess.

    She has the style of heart, the Might, the Primal Motherhood and Life.

    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Dam Apple! - "Wisdom comes from asking questions."

    I am the Demon Child of Wisdom and Understanding.
    I am HER tantric monk and SHE my Left-Hand Priestess.
    I perch on HER brink, waiting for a summons from the Queen.
    I dance in response to HER teasing and testing.
    I leap into Her depth, HER perfect and Horrible Mystery!

    לילית


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80
    Fundamentalist Christianity's success is because, in part, the preachers and priests have suppressed the above statements from the Old Testament coming from Biblegod's' mouth in his role as the Logos or Word who had his Holy Spirit inspire his Proxy-Moses to write these words down.

    Christian Fundamentalists and other Jihadists still seek to "PUT THE EVERLOVING FEAR OF GOD" into mankind's hearts via "ACTS OF TERROR" against fellow believers as well infidels:

    "They DESPISED his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers..." (2 Ki 17:15)
    "Ah, sinful nation...they have DESPISED the Holy One of Israel..." (Isa 1:4)
    "And if I am a master, WHERE IS MY FEAR? says the Lord of hosts to you O priests, who DESPISE MY NAME." (Mal 1:6)
    "I will give them one heart and one way, that they may FEAR ME for ever...I will put the FEAR OF ME in their hearts, that they may not turn from me." (Jeremiah 32:37-41)
    "Know and see that it is evil and bitter for you to forsake the Lord your God; THE FEAR OF ME IS NOT IN YOU, says the Lord God of hosts." (Jeremiah 2:19)
    "DO YOU NOT FEAR ME?" Says the Lord; "DO YOU NOT TREMBLE BEFORE ME?" (Jeremiah 5:22)
    "THEY DO NOT SAY IN THEIR HEARTS, "Let us FEAR THE LORD our God..." (Jer 5:24)
    "Says the Lord, and shall I not AVENGE MYSELF on a nation such as this?" (Jer 5:29)

    As can be seen from all of the above, Christian Priests and Ministers have deliberately suppressed the "DARK SIDE" of Biblgod's personality in his role "as the Old Testament's Logos or Word," which also shows him to be in reality a slaughtering ruthless God full of hatefulness and vengeance, devoid of any compassion for non-believers (he ordered the slaughter of all the Canaanites).

    Those who "blaspheme the name of the Lord" are no longer put to death. (contra Lev 24:16) Islam will not tolerate the blaspheming of Allah, Mohammed, or Islam, and will murder those who do so. Anybody mocking the Hebrew God in Moses' days or Jesus in the European Middle Ages would have been publicly outright executed in accordance with Deuteronomy 13.

    Today only Islam demands death for those who mock Allah or his prophet Mohammed or Islam's teachings, be they Muslims or Infidel Christians.

    Thankfully, no Christian in American today worries about being killed for giving up his religion, but Muslims today still live in constant terror and fear-of-their-lives if they even think to become Christians, knowing they could be assassinated, raped, tortured and murdered by the faithful as Infidels and Apostates.

    No Christian today lives in fear of being assassinated for mocking Yahweh or Jesus, but they do fear to mock Allah and his prophet Mohammed because Islam will simply not tolerate this behavior. Secular Laws have been passed in Western Societies (Europe and the Americas) that have effectively "pulled the teeth" out of some of the Bible's teachings about " how to enforce biblical-teachings with Yahweh's blessings," that is to say the biblical teachings from the Holy Spirit on "how to go about putting THE FEAR OF GOD in mankind," [have been replaced by more MORE HUMAN SECULAR LAWS.]

    Christianity has became what it is today via the religion of the Roman Empire via ACTS OF TERROR and MASS-DESTRUCTION sanctioned by the Christian Roman Emperors. Pagans and others outside the empire were forcibly converted via TERRORISM. Any Empire that "aspires to greatness and power in the world" does so "THROUGH TERRORISM."

    WHY? This is "NATURE'S WAY," the dominant in any species maintains their dominance via TERROR, be it insect, fish, fowl, animal or human (or nations).

    And I doubt the day will ever arrive that the U.S. and European TV News Commentators will announce to their Christian audiences that Christianity and Islam are terrorist religions and that Biblehod-Yahweh Lord is a primitive Terrorist storm-god, and that this is the real reason for the present world problems.

    The Bible and the Quran agree in this respect, in the end "there is to be no religious liberty and freedom for mankind."

    BIBLEGOD GOD SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!

    And you wanna know somethin' else? If you don't believe your God murdered innocent little babies by the bushel baskets full and millions you must have been reading your Bible with your eyes closed! Just read Genesis 8 and 9, II Samuel 12:15-18, Hosea 9:14, Hosea 13:16, I Samuel 15:3, and other nauseating passages. Read it.

    Sorry, but I happen to love all people, but especially innocent WOMEN, babies and children, therefore I absolutely hate your God. And i'm Sorry, people, but I have some called a conscience, a sense of morality WHICH YOU SEEM TO LACK!

    I have at least enough Common-Sense and discernment to read the Bible and recognize that its deity is a creation of the human-psyche, that it, like all other primitive gods, was created in man's image.

    "Oh, that's just the way they did things back then." Assuming, for the sake of argument, and only for the sake of argument, that the Bible is inspired, then God at some point in time issued the commands of Exodus 21:1-7.

    The conclusion that he did so renders Tyrant-Yahweh (very) unworthy of worship. And I hate Tyrants and Bullies.

    Without Dissent, things-the-way-they-are will continue they are for the foreseeable future. The Nadir of going along with the crowd.

    Dissent is Good.
    Dissent is Important.
    Dissent is Necessary and Vital.

    Revolt.
    Please Think For Yourself.

    Welcome to the arena of LIBERTY freedom- freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of expression.

    And welcome to the very heart of Offensiveness! If you are easily offended, read on. But sometimes people need to be shocked into sensibility. If shock treatment is the way to make people, especially, think straight, then So Be it!

    The Dissent and Right to Offend is one of our most precious rights...My Salient Manifesto is an Unabashed Bashing and Mockery of Tyrants and Authority figures who assume you should obey them.

    Who says we must continue to be an Ovine/Bovine society of stupid, ignorant, obedient sheep-cows? Why should that be the Default??

    This is just the fact to way things are. The paradigm of power exists. And since BibleGod does not, only we humans can alter it!

    My Rants are the natural outcome of being a Rebel With A Cause. It's all these things and more, but it's not presented for the sake of being Different...it's all from my Heart.

    Not Polite. Not Politically-Correct. Not Subtle. If you have a problem with Authority Tryrant, you'll love me...But if you lick the boots of Authority, you need it.

    Am I a Negative person? No, i'm a very Positive and Passionate person. I just want things to be Better. That's all. Nothing will ever improve if that philosophy of Non-action prevails.

    A common thing you hear is people saying "I respect your right to have an opinion." Sometimes you even hear "I respect your opinion."

    I do respect people's right and freedom to have an opinion and have a religion. I respect it as a human right. But "I DON'T" respect their Tyrannical God or Religion itself.

    I have respect for the ownership of an opinion but extreme disrespect for the opinion itself. And I don't respect it all, especially this sort of Dualistic Flesh-Hating Christianity.

    I'm sorry, How can anyone have any respect at all for such a gloomy and negative God such as this?

    Any God, any entity, any state, any church or temple, religion or ideology which fails to recognize the absolute worth, the dignity, the sovereign-rights and equality of every man, woman and child- that Entity is OBSOLETE!

    But some men have decided to turn the Earth into a Graveyard. And into it they willingly shoveled all of their thinking, skepticism, tolerance, inquiry, reason, their logic, their knowledge, but worst of all, their Conscience.

    This is No moral, no message, no prophetic tract, just a simple statement of Fact: for our civilization to survive, the human race has to remain Civilized! For the tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, religious attitudes, hates and prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men.

    And the real pity of it all is that these things cannot be confined...For the record, prejudices and hate can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for an Imaginary-Adversary or Scapegoat has a fallout all of its own- for our children, and the children yet unborn.

    This is Something to dwell on and to remember wherever men walk.

    Fear, of course, is extremely relative. It depends on who can look down and who must look up. It depends on other vagaries, like the time, psychology, the mood, the darkness. As it's been said before, with great validity, that "the worst thing there is to fear is fear itself."

    For there was an old woman who lived in a room and, like all of us, was frightened of the Dark, but who discovered in the minute last fragment of her life that there was nothing in the dark that wasn't there when the lights were on.

    An Object lesson for the more frightened amongst us. And that's my very small exercise in logic for today.

    Last edited by SOPHIA-BAPHOMET777; 04-20-2014 at 06:03 AM.
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Dam Apple! - "Wisdom comes from asking questions."

    I am the Demon Child of Wisdom and Understanding.
    I am HER tantric monk and SHE my Left-Hand Priestess.
    I perch on HER brink, waiting for a summons from the Queen.
    I dance in response to HER teasing and testing.
    I leap into Her depth, HER perfect and Horrible Mystery!

    לילית


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    80
    Numbers 31
    As in the book of Joshua, the brutal Proxy Warriors soldiers of Yahweh roll through the enemy with no resistance. This time, God, via Moses, has 12,000 men fighting for Him.

    In an actual real battle, at least some of the 12,000 would die. (But of course this isn't Real! This is the Bible lore.) And the Proxy-Warriors of God have not one casualty, while the Midianites have many.

    If God had wanted to, He would have commanded Moses to kill the "women children" as well. But God and Mo spared them. Just what are the "women children"? They are textually contrasted with women who have been with a man.

    Therefore, we can conclude that "women children" refers to virgins. It isn't hard to figure out why Moses and God would want them kept alive!

    See also Deuteronomy 2 and 3:1-6 for another rout by God's team. YEAH TEAM!

    This team always rolled up and down the field without a struggle. An occasional penalty incurred by teammates squabbling amongst themselves, but no fight put up by the opposing team.

    Yahweh's team always plowed through the opposing defense like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would plow through a high school football team.


    Deuteronomy 13

    Of the gamut of deathly methods favoured by BibleGod, stoning is probably his most very favourite. He here commands his chosen Children to stone any brethren who go astray to worship other gods besides him. Once more, no tolerance of dissent is shown.

    Don't fuck with Yahweh...It's Yahweh's way or the Highway's!

    How ironic that in a Democracy like the U.S. has so many people who still worship this primitive Iron Age Storm-God, who yea, call this nation "a Christian Nation," yet this Tyrant-Fiend God is the most Undemocratic god possible.

    How interesting that "Other Gods" are mentioned. This means the priests who wrote Deut. knew of the other gods of other peoples. The ancient Hebrew desert "society" was a Dystopia, but the planet was multicultural then as it is now.

    Instead of tolerating multiculturalism as the United States does, however, they determined, under the aegis of its insecure Storm God, to blot out the foreign blight from the face of the Earth. They were instructed by El Yahweh/the priests to erase worshipers of other neighboring gods whenever and wherever they were found upon the earth, even in their own camp.

    Instead of sitting down with a Buddhist or Baalist, hypothetically, to learn more about his religion, a child of theirs was told to stone the Buddhist or Baalist to death. So much for Diversity. Apparently higher education, with its encouragement of learning other viewpoints, was not yet extant in the early human race, and certainly not within Yahweh's Clan.

    The Children were Xenophobic freaks just like the God they created in their image. Stoning is used as a way of taking the breath of life from a fellow human here as it is throughout the early OT, including in this same book of Deut., in the 21st chapter.

    There, the victims are not infidels who kow-tow to some god besides YahwehAlmightyJehovah, but incorrigible sons of parents who are commanded to extinguish them for their rebellion.

    Tell me, where is the Love?

    Where is the patience that a child will improve with time and maturity?

    Just as YahwehAlmightyJehovah despises heretics who won't bow-down to worship Him and Suck him-off, dissenters who dare to question him and complain, He deplores children who won't obey their parents.

    Deut. 21 is pristine. Unsoiled. Never nebulous. Short 'n sweet, to-the-point. Just kill 'em. Don't love 'em or quietly talk to 'em. JUST KILL THEM!

    I thought BibleGod is a God of love and family, that the family is the core unit of America and Goodness, that the family is preeminent and a creation of God. There's absolutely no parental or familial love therein.

    Murdering your own kid does not continue the family unit and it doesn't allow the virtue of Grace and Unconditional Love.

    Deuteronomy 28

    Oh, This is such a nice god...Among the plenitude of afflictions He promises for going astray, note the plague of hemorrhoids in verse 27.

    But at least He likes variety!
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Dam Apple! - "Wisdom comes from asking questions."

    I am the Demon Child of Wisdom and Understanding.
    I am HER tantric monk and SHE my Left-Hand Priestess.
    I perch on HER brink, waiting for a summons from the Queen.
    I dance in response to HER teasing and testing.
    I leap into Her depth, HER perfect and Horrible Mystery!

    לילית


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    "Religion corrupts a persons morals"

    That's a flat out LIE. Meta-studies show the exact OPPOSITE. Religiosity ENHANCES a persons moral character ...

    A 2001 Meta-analysis by C.J. Baier and B.R. Wright (which looked at 60 different studies) concludes that religious people are LESS likely to engage in criminal acts of violence (or criminal activity in general) ...

    A 2006 Meta-analysis by Alexander Moreira-Almeida, Francisco Lotufo Neto and Harold G. Koering (which looked at 850 different studies) concludes that people who are MORE religious are LESS likely to use drugs or abuse alcohol (and less likely to suffer from depression or attempt suicide as well) ...


    A COMPREHENSIVE study released in 2007 by Harvard Professor Robert Putnam and University of Notre Dame associate Professor David Campbell reveals that religious people are MUCH more likely to give to charity and that 40% of regular churchgoers volunteer regularly to help the poor and elderly (compared to only 15% who NEVER attend religious services) ...
    Why don't you post something up to date? A lot has changed since those dates.

    But since you like to quote studies then here is one for you. A new study finds that religious people are less intelligent than non religious people. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3750096.html

    You have proven that in spades Bini as I will show below.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    The fact of the matter is that you're NOT the harmless smiley face atheist that you (and Richard) try and portray. You're a RADICAL anti-theist with extremely leftist views. You spout off bullshit about Christianity doing more harm than good when Christians CREATED hospitals over 1500 years ago
    Christians created hospitals 1500 years ago? BS! They existed before Christianity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital#Early_examples

    The earliest documented institutions aiming to provide cures were ancient Egyptian temples. In ancient Greece, temples dedicated to the healer-god Asclepius, known as Asclepieia functioned as centres of medical advice, prognosis, and healing

    Please don't let FACTS get in your way. Look at that, another god before the great healer Yahweh.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Christians brought LITERACY to the world.
    More BS from you. That's debatable.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Slavery, which PREDATES Christianity (and even the bible) was abolished BY CHRISTIANS, who then influenced the rest of the world to get on board.
    More BS! The Bible is a guide to slavery. I don't deny that Christianity played a role in abolishing slavery.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonialism

    But, Christianity created the slave trade here in the west. The European Imperialists (colonial powers, France, Spain, Great Britain and Portugal) were colonizing the New World and needed labor to work there mines and plantations. They used the Bible as a guide and justification for slavery.

    The best example is by the Confederate states of America President Jefferson Davis. http://www.religioustolerance.org/sla_bibl.htm

    "[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty God...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation...it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts." Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America.

    Slavery in the west was a direct result of Christianity. So, don't give that BS that Christianity was innocent of slavery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    The DEMOCRATS were too busy creating the KLU KLUX KLAN as a military wing of the Democratic party (do you even know this?) who went around terrorizing Christians who fought against discrimination against black folks. And then they turned their guns on THE CHRISTIAN CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT led by a Baptist MINISTER and the black CHURCH community.
    And what you FAIL to realize is that the KKK was and always has been a Christian organization. They were Christian conservative democrats. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

    They were a Christian organization at inception and are still considered that today. Except today they are labeled far right.

    After the American Civil War of 1861–1865, members of the Protestant-led[54] Ku Klux Klan (KKK) organization began engaging in arson, beatings, cross burnings, destruction of property, lynching, murder, rape, tar-and-feathering, and whipping. They targeted African Americans, Jews, Catholics, and other social or ethnic minorities.

    Klan members had an explicitly Christian terrorist ideology, basing their beliefs in part on a "religious foundation" in Christianity.[55] The goals of the KKK included, from an early time onward, an intent to "reestablish Protestant Christian values in America by any means possible", and they believed that "Jesus was the first Klansman."[56] From 1915 Klansmen conducted cross-burnings not only to intimidate targets, but also to demonstrate their respect and reverence for Jesus Christ, and the ritual of lighting crosses was steeped in Christian symbolism, including saying prayers and singing Christian hymns.[57] Within Christianity the Klan directed hostilities against Catholics. Modern Klan organizations, such as the Knights Party, USA, continue to focus on the Christian supremacist message, detecting a "war" which allegedly aims to destroy "western Christian civilization."


    Nice try Bini. Your ignorance is astounding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    White geeky secularists are the biggest racists on earth. Your hero, the flaky founder of Planned Parenthood, started her organization with the goal of DEPOPULATING the black community! THIS IS YOUR HERO??? No wonder Planned Parenthood centers are overwhelmingly found in the inner cities. Matter fact, THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS ANYTHING AS "RACES" UNTIL THE SECULARIST LEANING "ENLIGHTENMENT" PERIOD. The idea of different "races" was birthed in the early 1700's. Even the theory of evolution itself was formulated under the assumption that blacks are closer (in time) to our lower beastly ancestors (and therefore "inferior"). Darwin himself was a flat out racist piece of shit (another one of your heroes) ...
    Why do you regurgitate BS from right wing propaganda? That was never Margret Sangers intentions. Read this if you care about the truth at all. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...3uaM_blog.html

    As far as Darwin goes, you're too ignorant to know any better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Virtually every single positive in our modern society is a NATURAL biological child of biblical Christianity. In other words, the seeds were PLANTED in the bible. That's why it was CHRISTIAN societies who gave birth to scientific advancement. That's why it was CHRISTIAN societies who abolished slavery. That's why it was CHRISTIAN societies where women were first given the same rights as men.
    BULLSHIT! Christians gave birth to scientific advancement? LMAO! The vast majority of Christians REJECT established science in favor of their dogmas.

    It was also Christians who created slavery. Look at all the suffering that has been done in the name of Christianity.

    Christians were the first to give women equal human rights? Yea, sure. If the Bible doesn't discriminate against women, then why would Christians have to grant women the same rights as men? Thanks for showing your holy book is immoral.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    I mean, you're not deranged, right??? Do you think it's just a coincidence that all these things were born out of CHRISTIAN societies??? Your whole argument (driven by your obvious bigotry) against biblical morality completely ignores the fact that the civil laws of ancient Israel were NOT intended to be optimal (they were TEMPORARY laws that were suited to the CIRCUMSTANCES of Israel AT THAT TIME). But the SEEDS of virtually all the positives in our modern world were PLANTED in the bible itself. And yet here you are acting as if the bible had nothing to do with it.
    All those things were NOT born out of Christianity. You are just an ignorant deluded fool who doesn't know what he is talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    And don't even bother bringing up all the wars of Christianity. Any student of history knows that over 90% of wars are TERRITORIAL disputes. But even if we go that route, atheists are the KINGS of slaughter. Look at the facts, in spite of the fact that atheists make up a small minority of the global population, as soon as they began ruling governments, they slaughtered over 100 MILLION people in a mere century (Christians have been running governments for nearly 2,000 years). Why wasn't it the Christians who brought out the body bags??? I mean, we didn't just disappear off the globe during the 20th century, right? So why was it YOUR godless team who went on a bloodthirsty killing spree on an unimaginable scale???
    So you want to ignore the roughly 25million people your insane God has killed? http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot....-in-bible.html

    Let's also forget Bush was a Christian and invaded Iraq that killed how many innocents?




    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Btw, if you want to claim that religion corrupts our morals in the sense that it makes us want to "lie" to support our views, then that's nothing more than a SUBJECTIVE ad hominem attack. Furthermore, studies show that atheists are the LEAST trusted members of society. So people are more likely to view ATHEISTS as UNTRUSTWORTHY (not religious people).
    No, religion makes someone willfully ignorant. You have proven that in spades. The reason atheists get that label is because of brain dead people like yourself who FALSELY attribute everything good to Christianity and that atheists are the cause of all that is bad. It's plain wrong and grossly unjustified.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,143
    Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini
    "Religion corrupts a persons morals"

    That's a flat out LIE. Meta-studies show the exact OPPOSITE. Religiosity ENHANCES a persons moral character ...

    A 2001 Meta-analysis by C.J. Baier and B.R. Wright (which looked at 60 different studies) concludes that religious people are LESS likely to engage in criminal acts of violence (or criminal activity in general) ...

    A 2006 Meta-analysis by Alexander Moreira-Almeida, Francisco Lotufo Neto and Harold G. Koering (which looked at 850 different studies) concludes that people who are MORE religious are LESS likely to use drugs or abuse alcohol (and less likely to suffer from depression or attempt suicide as well) ...


    A COMPREHENSIVE study released in 2007 by Harvard Professor Robert Putnam and University of Notre Dame associate Professor David Campbell reveals that religious people are MUCH more likely to give to charity and that 40% of regular churchgoers volunteer regularly to help the poor and elderly (compared to only 15% who NEVER attend religious services) ...
    Why don't you post something up to date? A lot has changed since those dates.

    But since you like to quote studies then here is one for you. A new study finds that religious people are less intelligent than non religious people. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3750096.html

    You have proven that in spades Bini as I will show below.
    Bini has proven it in spades made of spades! There's really nothing more ironic than Gambini quoting scientific studies because he spits on them when they don't say what he want's them to say. Case in point: Gambini convinced himself that the Bible encoded the diameter of the sun as 864,000 miles (using modern English miles!) because of some numerical coincidences based on the number 864. So I showed him a META-ANALYSIS that reviewed all measurements of the sun, using five different scientific methods, which concluded that the sun is 865,173 +/- 80 miles in diameter. You can read about it in this post. The number he desired has absolutely NO scientific justification of any kind. Indeed, it is beyond absurd because his desired value lies more than six standard deviations away from the mean in the metastudy. It directly contradicts the overwhelming body of scientific evidence. And how did Gambini respond when I showed him this evidence? He said this:
    GAMBINI: "Regardless, I'm ABSOLUTELY justified in using the value of 864,000 for the simple fact that the value is STILL USED by authoritative sources. That's all I need."
    In Gambini's universe, he is "ABSOLUTELY justified" to base arguments on demonstrable falsehoods so long as he can find an "authority" somewhere on the internet that lists the false value! What kind of insanity rules his mind? He asserts blatant falsehood and then justifies it by committing the fallacy of appeal to authority! Wow. Just wow.

    It was in this context that I explained to him how religion tends to corrupt the minds and morals of believers. Here is the exchange we had (source):

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Btw, I really wish you would stop repeating this ridiculous line of yours about religion having a negative effect on morals. That's the DUMBEST shit I've ever heard. Your own personal experiences of religious people don't mean anything. If your assertion that religion has negative effects on people is true, then the data should back that up ...
    You are a prime example of why I say that religion tends to corrupt the minds and morals of believers. You have chosen to believe a lie and reject the vast majority of scientific studies spanning the last 32 years concerning the diameter of the sun. Your bias is the most blatant anyone could ever imagine. You have not given any SCIENTIFIC REASON to reject all those studies. You and I both know that the only reason you are rejecting those scientific studies is because they contradict what you want to believe. You explicitly claim that you are justified by an APPEAL TO AUTHORITY - saying if you can find any "authorities" that use the wrong value, that justifies your use of the wrong value. That's not just a logical fallacy - it's pure insanity. It makes it look like you DESPISE the truth! This reveals a corruption of your mind. And truth is a moral issue, so your morals have been corrupted too.
    And how did Gambini respond to that post? He didn't! He totally ignored it. And now he repeats his appeal to "meta-studies" in his vain attempt to contradict what we all know and can see and demonstrate: Dogmatic religion tends to corrupt the minds and morals of believers because it breeds a contempt for the truth and teaches that belief without evidence is not only a virtue, but a necessity to avoid eternal torment in hell. It is a mind killer, and a human with a corrupt mind will have corrupt morals, because truth is a moral issue.

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    "Religion corrupts a persons morals"

    That's a flat out LIE. Meta-studies show the exact OPPOSITE. Religiosity ENHANCES a persons moral character ...

    A 2001 Meta-analysis by C.J. Baier and B.R. Wright (which looked at 60 different studies) concludes that religious people are LESS likely to engage in criminal acts of violence (or criminal activity in general) ...

    A 2006 Meta-analysis by Alexander Moreira-Almeida, Francisco Lotufo Neto and Harold G. Koering (which looked at 850 different studies) concludes that people who are MORE religious are LESS likely to use drugs or abuse alcohol (and less likely to suffer from depression or attempt suicide as well) ...

    A COMPREHENSIVE study released in 2007 by Harvard Professor Robert Putnam and University of Notre Dame associate Professor David Campbell reveals that religious people are MUCH more likely to give to charity and that 40% of regular churchgoers volunteer regularly to help the poor and elderly (compared to only 15% who NEVER attend religious services) ...

    So your assertion that "religion corrupts morals" is absolute bullshit. In fact, there are hundreds of thousands of people around the world who have CHANGED their lives for the better and credit it to their RELIGIOUS CONVERSION. Where are all the gangbangers, drug dealers and drug addicts who credit their radical change with them ABANDONING their religious beliefs??? ...
    Hey there Gambini,

    Your appeal to scientific studies is manifestly absurd because you SPIT on scientific studies if they contradict what you want to believe. I demonstrated this in my last post in this thread, where I reviewed your irrational and unjustified rejection of a meta-study reviewing all the scientific studies over the last 32 years that measured the diameter of the sun. I proved that your desired value of 864,000 miles is absolutely unjustified by the science. The fact that you asserted you were "ABSOLUTELY justified" to cite a falsehood if only you could find an internet "authority" that agreed with you proves my point that your religion has corrupted your mind and morals. No person with the slightest interest in TRUTH could make such assertions.

    And worse, the studies you cite don't even prove what you want them to prove. You say that they prove that mere "religiosity" makes for better morals. Great! I guess that means you believe that Islam and Voodoo and Hinduism also "ENHANCE a persons moral character"?

    Look at what they studies say. In the abstract describing the first one we read: "The results of the meta-analysis show that religious beliefs and behaviors exert a moderate deterrent effect on individuals' criminal behavior." A mere "moderate effect" proves that religion cannot be the source of the behavior. And the study doesn't even speak of "morality" per se, but only obedience to laws. And why would the religious be slightly more inclined to obey laws? Probably because believers have a FEAR OF PUNISHMENT by their god. The same is true if you are Muslim, Mormon, Catholic, Protestant, JW, or whatever. It doesn't mean that people are actually more moral. On the contrary, many believers confess that they would rape and murder and pillage if only they believed they could get away with it. They use this as a central argument for why there could be no "morals" without religion. All they really prove is that their religion has not taught them anything about true morality at all. Indeed, religion tends to corrupt morals because it teaches that MORALITY IS OBEDIENCE. That's why Hitler was able to raise his CHRISTIAN NAZI ARMY to exterminate the Jews. They were "just following orders" just like any good brainwashed Christian who was taught to believe and obey rather than to think for himself and do what is right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    The fact of the matter is that you're NOT the harmless smiley face atheist that you (and Richard) try and portray. You're a RADICAL anti-theist with extremely leftist views. You spout off bullshit about Christianity doing more harm than good when Christians CREATED hospitals over 1500 years ago. Christians brought LITERACY to the world. Slavery, which PREDATES Christianity (and even the bible) was abolished BY CHRISTIANS, who then influenced the rest of the world to get on board. The DEMOCRATS were too busy creating the KLU KLUX KLAN as a military wing of the Democratic party (do you even know this?) who went around terrorizing Christians who fought against discrimination against black folks. And then they turned their guns on THE CHRISTIAN CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT led by a Baptist MINISTER and the black CHURCH community.
    Your assertions are filled with fallacies, errors, and absurdities. It appears you have no interest and/or ability to form rational arguments. Case in point: You say that it was Christians who opposed slavery? OK - who were the slave traders and slave owners that they opposed? OTHER CHRISTIANS! You write as if you are utterly ignorant of the fact that the freaking BIBLE BELT was the center of the slave industry in America, and it was the liberal nothern Yankees that opposed the CHRISTIAN SLAVE OWNERS of the south. And you seem ignorant of how the Bible was used to justify slavery in the CHRISTIAN SOUTH, and how the worst and most abusive slave owners tended to be the most religious. Here's the testimony of former slave Fredrick Douglas:
    I assert most unhesitatingly that the religion of the south as I have observed it and proved it is a mere covering for the most horrid crimes, the justifier of the most appalling barbarity, a sanctifier of the most hateful frauds, and a secure shelter under which the darkest, foulest, grossest, and most infernal abominations fester and flourish. Were I again to be reduced to the condition of a slave, next to that calamity, I should regard the fact of being the slave of a religious slaveholder the greatest that could befall me. For of all slaveholders with whom I have ever met, religious slaveholders are the worst. I have found them, almost invariably, the vilest, meanest and basest of their class.
    And here is a link to DeBow's Review (1850) which attempts to prove (quite successfully it appears) that the Bible endorses slavery. Here is the conclusion from the article:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBow's Review
    We find, then, that both the Old and New Testaments speak of slavery—that they do not condemn the relation, but, on the contrary, expressly allow it or create it; and they give commands and exhortations, which are based upon its legality and propriety. It can not, then, be wrong.

    What we have written is founded solely upon the Bible, and can have no force, unless it is taken for truth. If that book is of divine origin, the holding of slaves is right: as that which God has permitted, recognized and commanded, cannot be inconsistent with his will.
    The fact that some people, born in a Christian society, had sufficient humanity to overcome the immoral teachings of their Bible does not prove that the Bible is not immoral! Duh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    White geeky secularists are the biggest racists on earth. Your hero, the flaky founder of Planned Parenthood, started her organization with the goal of DEPOPULATING the black community! THIS IS YOUR HERO??? No wonder Planned Parenthood centers are overwhelmingly found in the inner cities. Matter fact, THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS ANYTHING AS "RACES" UNTIL THE SECULARIST LEANING "ENLIGHTENMENT" PERIOD. The idea of different "races" was birthed in the early 1700's.
    Wow. Now you are really exposing the corruption that fills your religiously corrupted mind. Neither Rose nor I have ever said anything that would justify your assertion that Sanger is our "hero." As far as I recall, neither of us have ever even mentioned her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Virtually every single positive in our modern society is a NATURAL biological child of biblical Christianity. In other words, the seeds were PLANTED in the bible. That's why it was CHRISTIAN societies who gave birth to scientific advancement. That's why it was CHRISTIAN societies who abolished slavery. That's why it was CHRISTIAN societies where women were first given the same rights as men. I mean, you're not deranged, right??? Do you think it's just a coincidence that all these things were born out of CHRISTIAN societies??? Your whole argument (driven by your obvious bigotry) against biblical morality completely ignores the fact that the civil laws of ancient Israel were NOT intended to be optimal (they were TEMPORARY laws that were suited to the CIRCUMSTANCES of Israel AT THAT TIME). But the SEEDS of virtually all the positives in our modern world were PLANTED in the bible itself. And yet here you are acting as if the bible had nothing to do with it.
    Your assertions are false. Fire was not discovered by Christians. The Wheel was not invented by Christians. Writing was not invented by Christians. Etc., etc., etc.

    I understand the argument that Christianity helped give birth to science and social progress, and there might be some truth in that. But it certainly is not as obvious or one-sided as you suggest. We know this because it was Christian societies that INSTITUTED SEXISM AND SLAVERY! Doh! Have you no brain? You write as if you are totally deluded and willingly ignorant of the most basic facts relating to the history of Christianity.

    I would be delighted to discuss this with you if you would like to try to form a rational argument. As it stands, you are merely making assertions without justification.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Btw, if you want to claim that religion corrupts our morals in the sense that it makes us want to "lie" to support our views, then that's nothing more than a SUBJECTIVE ad hominem attack.
    Not true. There are objective facts that demonstrate that leading Christian apologists are totally deluded and/or liars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Furthermore, studies show that atheists are the LEAST trusted members of society. So people are more likely to view ATHEISTS as UNTRUSTWORTHY (not religious people).
    Atheists are the least trusted because theists have had two thousand years to lie about us and brainwash children into their religious cult.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    "Religion corrupts a persons morals"

    That's a flat out LIE. Meta-studies show the exact OPPOSITE. Religiosity ENHANCES a persons moral character ...


    BINI (The Mystic Meanie).
    It is morally wrong to discriminate against someone and deny them human rights based on their gender, yet the Bible teaches people to deny women equal rights with men and to deny people of the same gender the right of having a relationship. Many of the doctrines and dogmas of religion teach people to discriminate against people of different beliefs ... discrimination does not enhance a persons morals, rather it corrupts them. All the people who say that homosexuality is a sin, have had their morals corrupted by religion. There is nothing morally wrong with two consenting adults of the same gender, wanting to have an intimate relationship with each other.

    Every human has the right to pursue happiness, and if living with a person of the same gender as yourself makes you happy then you should be able to fulfill that desire.

    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambini View Post
    Even the theory of evolution itself was formulated under the assumption that blacks are closer (in time) to our lower beastly ancestors (and therefore "inferior"). Darwin himself was a flat out racist piece of shit (another one of your heroes) ...
    Wow, there you go again, demonstrating how dogmatic religion tends to corrupt the minds and morals of believers. There is no justification for your slander. You obviously know nothing about the man Darwin. You freely spew out slander like the devil himself, calling him a "racist piece of shit." The truth is precisely the opposite of your lies - lies that you have learned from your fellow fundamentally corrupt fundamentalist Christians.

    The truth concerning Darwin has been documented in this book:

    Darwin's Sacred Cause: How a Hatred of Slavery Shaped Darwin's Views on Human Evolution

    Here's how it is described on Amazon:
    In this remarkable book, Adrian Desmond and James Moore restore the missing moral core of Darwin’s evolutionary universe, providing a completely new account of how he came to his shattering theories about human origins.

    There has always been a mystery surrounding Darwin: How did this quiet, respectable gentleman, a pillar of his parish, come to embrace one of the most radical ideas in the history of human thought? It’s difficult to overstate just what Darwin was risking in publishing his theory of evolution. So it must have been something very powerful—a moral fire, as Desmond and Moore put it—that propelled him. And that moral fire, they argue, was a passionate hatred of slavery.

    To make their case, they draw on a wealth of fresh manuscripts, unpublished family correspondence, notebooks, diaries, and even ships’ logs. They show how Darwin’s abolitionism had deep roots in his mother’s family and was reinforced by his voyage on the Beagle as well as by events in America—from the rise of scientific racism at Harvard through the dark days of the Civil War.

    Leading apologists for slavery in Darwin’s time argued that blacks and whites had originated as separate species, with whites created superior. Darwin abhorred such "arrogance." He believed that, far from being separate species, the races belonged to the same human family. Slavery was therefore a "sin," and abolishing it became Darwin’s "sacred cause." His theory of evolution gave all the races—blacks and whites, animals and plants—an ancient common ancestor and freed them from creationist shackles. Evolution meant emancipation.

    In this rich and illuminating work, Desmond and Moore recover Darwin’s lost humanitarianism. They argue that only by acknowledging Darwin’s Christian abolitionist heritage can we fully understand the development of his groundbreaking ideas. Compulsively readable and utterly persuasive, Darwin’s Sacred Cause will revolutionize our view of the great naturalist.
    You can read the first chapter here if you have any interest at all in the truth of the matter.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •