Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    When Lot's wife looked back, God turned her into a block of salt! Sure taught her a lesson, didn't he? Was she sorry for having disobeyed? Excuse my sarcasm, please.

We aren't saying God couldn't do it--nothing is impossible for Him, but why would a God of Love inflict such a bizarre punishment? And Jesus said "Remember Lot's wife", Lk17:62, confirming He knew what was written. Earlier, in Lk9:62, he had had cautioned: "No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God".
    She had turned her head (a physical action), but "looking back" figuratively is something else again. Paul wrote: "Forgetting those things that are past..." Phil 3:13.

We must see her as a precept example of how Christians are to become the salt of the earth and pillars in their community. As the first person in Scripture to 'become salt' she epitomizes not only that we mustn't disobey God, but that He expects us to flavor the earth wherever we go.
    "Whatsoever things were written aforetime, were written for our learning", Romans 15:4.
    Hello Duxrow

So, why do you suppose Lot's wife's punishment for disobedience was so much more severe than David's punishment for murder and adultery? Jesus even condoned the harsh sentence that was meted out to Lot's wife by his acknowledgement of "Remember Lot's wife", yet never condemned Lot for offering up his daughters to be raped by the men of Sodom! Instead, Lot was called righteous.

Gen.19:8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

Best regards,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Read it again Rose -- NO punishment for Lot's wife! That was a lesson from our Creator & Authorconcerning the NT. (He's in charge of Life and Afterlife..).

Likewise for David's deed, resulting in the death of the baby (our own actions affect others!) and the 'threat' against Lot's girls maybe the lesser of two evils?

I don't expect to have an answer for every accusatory charge, and when you really care for someone, you tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. Right?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Didn't Lot's name mean something akin to " veil " ?

Thread Information