Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You are right...

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Good morning Mark

If you will read through the earlier posts you will see that it was you who introduced the idea of god's existence not being needed for morality and then you created the analogy of Firestone (god) and tires (morality) implying that god is needed for morality. Now, you are saying that you don't want to talk about your belief in god? Okay, fine! But remember, you are the one who introduced god back into the conversation, not me.

Kind regards,
    Rose
    I apologize to you Rose. After looking back over my posts on this thread I realized that you are correct, I did bring up the subject of theology. I don't want to do that anymore. In future posts it is my intent to not bring up the topic of theology - except to say that I won't talk about theology. So, if you catch me bringing up the topic of theology in the future please tactfully remind me of what I said here.

Thank you.
    Respectfully,
    Mark
    An unsupported statement is not an argument; it is only an opinion.
    Eschew obfuscation.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Fawkes View Post
    I apologize to you Rose. After looking back over my posts on this thread I realized that you are correct, I did bring up the subject of theology. I don't want to do that anymore. In future posts it is my intent to not bring up the topic of theology - except to say that I won't talk about theology. So, if you catch me bringing up the topic of theology in the future please tactfully remind me of what I said here.

Thank you.
    Apology accepted Now let's get back to discussing the topic of morality without theology ...
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    The most basic method for finding out what is true, is to test your theory against the evidence.

How do we know if something is true, as Christians or scientists or as students and learners, we are suppose to try and test out theories and see the results, and if possible do this personnally, so that we know from EXPERIENCE. We are not to take the word of others as our support system, but to try out the principles involved in the words, and experiment and test, and validate concepts and precepts.

As Jesus, the Great Science Founder and Creator said.... Seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened.... OR ..... King James Bible John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

In other words, you cant theorize about what its like to serve God and go into all the world until you literally forsake all and DO IT. You have to put the Lord to the test, to find out whether or not, He will support you and keep you, through thick and thin. Christianity is not a theory, it is precpts that you must test out and try, to find out they are true and VALID.

WE know the Lord, not through theory but because we asked the Lord into our hearts and He has proven himself to us. Therefore we KNOW, He is real.

His Science is the same method, real scientists test and prove out laws.

Oh taste and see that the Lord is good..... etc etc etc etc..

IMOFE

David

Thread Information