Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 95

Thread: tbe PROBLEM

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    119

    the answer is rather simple...

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    So what? RubyPeragickqlin is not Jesus and is not qualified to judge who is or is not "spiritually blind."

    Can any people even judge if they themselves are spiritually blind? If so, how? Look around you. You will see millions of people who are convinced that only they have the real "spiritual insight" into the Bible, and that everyone who disagrees with them is "spiritually blind." Obviously, they can't all be right. So how does anyone know if they are one of they "blind" or not?



    the quest is..

    ''this NT gospel is to set the captives free''
    from what?
    the law of sin and death - the realm of vanity and its deadly values that kill, maim and destroy.

    therefore - if a person follows the Saviour and His NT Gospel advice as He asked saying ''FOLLOW ME'' - true freedom from sin and death has been accomplished and the Image of Christ formed within.
    Jesus is our goodnews PATTERN -NOT the divisional christian church nor religious others sprouting their flawed opinions.


    How free are you?
    How free am I?

    is the question.

    plus,..........
    all the judgment needed as a TESTIMONY to eternal life and its blessing of life abundant, here as per John 10 v 10 -
    is the truth needs NO excuses nor men's opinions why it will never work for the truth simply IS and can be proven very easily by Becoming the truth yourself.
    Why not begin today........

    your eternal journey into the

    most amazing treasures of

    The Saviour's perfect Wisdom

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    So what? RubyPeragickqlin is not Jesus and is not qualified to judge who is or is not "spiritually blind."

    Can any people even judge if they themselves are spiritually blind? If so, how? Look around you. You will see millions of people who are convinced that only they have the real "spiritual insight" into the Bible, and that everyone who disagrees with them is "spiritually blind." Obviously, they can't all be right. So how does anyone know if they are one of they "blind" or not?
    The answer is simple. Ruby is like me; a follower and a student of Jesus (as you say you were). We follow and try to put in practice the teaching of Jesus and be humble in the same way as Jesus demonstrated humility in everything he did. That said, humility does not mean weakness in the face of apostacy.

    For example, Jesus was critical of the Pharisees and accused them of; (Matthew 15:9) "teaching as doctrine the commands of men" That is Jesus quoting the from their ancient scriptures, which is contained in the Old Testament as we have it today. What Jesus quoted, is what God saw the people doing. Therefore, the people were worshiping God in vain, just like many (possibly the vast majority) are doing today.

    Jesus relied heavily on the scriptures and they were his guide in life. I can see that Jesus had read the word of God, understood that word and committed the word to memory, and applied the word in his life. We know it was committed to memory, because of the number of times Jesus said; "it is written..." and proceeded to quote the scriptures. That in itself is a lesson, which I try to apply to myself and I have to let God's word guide me in my life. I am learning new things from which to gain additional lessons each time I re-read God's word.

    I can simply ask the question; what would Jesus do in this situation? The times I have failed, is when I have forgotten to ask that question of myself and done that which has pleased me instead of thinking about and doing that which pleases God. I have to believe in the promises of God; that he is merciful to the sincere and repentant sinner and God forgives them. God rewards them that continue to diligently seek him and who continue to do that right up to the end of their life. The faith comes in that the reward of eternal life has to be waited for. It is not something that can be pointed to here and now. The faith is based on the fact that God raised Jesus from the dead and also, as the apostle Paul writes; (2 Tim 2:19 ) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.

    I do not have to say that you, or anyone else, is spiritually blind; I have simply to let the Bible speak by quoting the words of Jesus. Unless a person believes the same as Jesus understood and taught by his understanding the scriptures, then it is Jesus who is saying they are spiritually blind. Therefore, I can compare the teaching of Jesus with the teaching of man and I know Jesus was not the one who is spiritually blind. I ought to do as Jesus says, and in so doing, save myself a lot of exasperation. Jesus says "leave them alone... let the blind lead the blind". The same thing is meant when Jesus said; "let the dead bury the dead",

    Once again, the same as L67, you have never answered this question I have been asking; what are the criteria by which "few will be saved", and "many will be destroyed"? That is the teaching of Jesus, so how did Jesus know that? What determines, who will be saved, and who will be destroyed in the lake of fire? The lake of fire represents the final destruction (doing away) of the satan, sin and death.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    119

    thank you for your standard David.....

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    The answer is simple. Ruby is like me; a follower and a student of Jesus (as you say you were). We follow and try to put in practice the teaching of Jesus and be humble in the same way as Jesus demonstrated humility in everything he did. That said, humility does not mean weakness in the face of apostacy.

    For example, Jesus was critical of the Pharisees and accused them of; (Matthew 15:9) "teaching as doctrine the commands of men" That is Jesus quoting the from their ancient scriptures, which is contained in the Old Testament as we have it today. What Jesus quoted, is what God saw the people doing. Therefore, the people were worshiping God in vain, just like many (possibly the vast majority) are doing today.

    Jesus relied heavily on the scriptures and they were his guide in life. I can see that Jesus had read the word of God, understood that word and committed the word to memory, and applied the word in his life. We know it was committed to memory, because of the number of times Jesus said; "it is written..." and proceeded to quote the scriptures. That in itself is a lesson, which I try to apply to myself and I have to let God's word guide me in my life. I am learning new things from which to gain additional lessons each time I re-read God's word.

    I can simply ask the question; what would Jesus do in this situation? The times I have failed, is when I have forgotten to ask that question of myself and done that which has pleased me instead of thinking about and doing that which pleases God. I have to believe in the promises of God; that he is merciful to the sincere and repentant sinner and God forgives them. God rewards them that continue to diligently seek him and who continue to do that right up to the end of their life. The faith comes in that the reward of eternal life has to be waited for. It is not something that can be pointed to here and now. The faith is based on the fact that God raised Jesus from the dead and also, as the apostle Paul writes; (2 Tim 2:19 ) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.

    I do not have to say that you, or anyone else, is spiritually blind; I have simply to let the Bible speak by quoting the words of Jesus. Unless a person believes the same as Jesus understood and taught by his understanding the scriptures, then it is Jesus who is saying they are spiritually blind. Therefore, I can compare the teaching of Jesus with the teaching of man and I know Jesus was not the one who is spiritually blind. I ought to do as Jesus says, and in so doing, save myself a lot of exasperation. Jesus says "leave them alone... let the blind lead the blind". The same thing is meant when Jesus said; "let the dead bury the dead",

    Once again, the same as L67, you have never answered this question I have been asking; what are the criteria by which "few will be saved", and "many will be destroyed"? That is the teaching of Jesus, so how did Jesus know that? What determines, who will be saved, and who will be destroyed in the lake of fire? The lake of fire represents the final destruction (doing away) of the satan, sin and death.



    ''let the dead, bury the dead.'' how true is this David?

    the truth in the Gospel shows up IN the life lived out here - as a testimony and a history.
    the Goodnews gospel, is the testimony of THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD

    the fact is Jesus
    *HEARD THE FATHER,
    *JESUS DID THE FATHER'S WORD
    * AND LIVED AS NO OTHER MAN LIVED BEFORE OR SINCE. [THE HOLY PATTERN for success]
    *JESUS, then had the goodnews WRITTEN DOWN as He heard it and as He practiced it daily
    - why?
    to form children into His Image and do exploits as they are removed from fallen curses to divine blessings here and now,

    The truth of this matter is The Saviour said ''Follow Me'' - and so the REDEEMED will Follow NO OTHER.
    None of the redeemed, walk in the theories of religious man, nor from the values of Vanity nor from the church apostate system - the whorish system who will believe anything but CHRIST AND HIS POWER AND GLORIOUS LIBERTY.
    so, if a person is wise they shall PUT THE ADVICE OF THE SAVIOUR TO THE TEST to prove it as a blessing or a curse.,

    those who are afraid to walk the walk, dwell within a powerless talk....
    and live a cursed maimed limited life - their attitude all wrong to the problems they face.

    the stumbling stone is there and the rock of offense does its work, expertly for those who turn back and perish.

    so the question is asked- ''so ~~~ you think you are one of the few''?
    AND THE ANSWER IS GIVEN - did Caleb KNOW how to enter into the Promised land and be well able to defeat the giants.?

    the 'few' will know, by their ability to overcome all their personal giants, inc. death the last enemy to be defeated here and today.

    it is not about what you think you believe or dont believe
    IT IS HOW WISE YOUhave become AT DEFEATING ALL YOUR ENEMIES..... and be freed from each one.
    Why not begin today........

    your eternal journey into the

    most amazing treasures of

    The Saviour's perfect Wisdom

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    119

    thank you David,

    for this awesome word from your post. saying.

    I do not have to say that you, or anyone else, is spiritually blind;
    I have simply to let the Bible speak by quoting the words of Yeshua.
    Unless a person believes the same as Yeshua understood and taught by His understanding the scriptures, then it is HE who is saying they are spiritually blind.
    Beaut-i-ful.
    Why not begin today........

    your eternal journey into the

    most amazing treasures of

    The Saviour's perfect Wisdom

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPeragickqlin View Post
    it is not about what you think you believe or dont believe
    IT IS HOW WISE YOUhave become AT DEFEATING ALL YOUR ENEMIES..... and be freed from each one.
    Thank you Ruby. I know you understand these things more than our adversaries on this forum. It gives me the opportunity to restate and rephrase some of the points I have been trying to get across to explain what the real enemy is. If you read the following and disagree with anything written, please let me have the benefit of your understanding and how you have reasoned these things out.

    Yehovah does not have this problem, because Yehovah cannot sin against himself. Yeshua had the same problem as we all have. Therefore, Yehovah could not have been Yeshua. Yeshua battled within his mind to overcome the Satan that was within him and he did so successfully. Satan, or the Devil (even the Serpent in the Garden) was not defeated in Yeshua, until Yeshua died on the cross and Yehovah raised him to eternal life and given him an immortal and incorruptible body. With the body that Yeshua has now, he cannot be tempted by the Satan, because there is no Satan within him. The mind of Christ, as the apostle Paul speaks of, is the mind that we have to develop (though we fail to do so completely). We have all failed in that we all have sinned at least once. In that we have sinned once, in the smallest way, we are guilty, as if we had sinned in every way (all).

    The apostle Paul was struggling with the Satan that was in him. The Satan is self-serving and I now coin the acronym; the SSS (the Self-Serving Satan). Let's see the struggle Paul had (we have to read the whole of Romans 7 to fully appreciate what Paul is telling (teaching) us. However, here is a snippet;
    (Rom 7:21) I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    The way Paul writes, is not the most easy to understand, nevertheless, what Paul writes is true. The point is made that the battle is within and involves our mind and even the signals our brain receives from the members of our body. So we see that Paul is describing his personal battle. It was a battle everyone has lost, except Yeshua.

    Concerning the "members of the body", could Paul be referring to say the sexual urge? The genital organs when stimulated are responded to in the brain. It is how the brain responds, that matters. Satisfying the sexual urge is not necessarily a sin. Sex in the confines of marriage, is not a sin, but when it is done in adultery, it becomes sin.

    Hence in Romans chapter 8, Paul goes on to explain that it is the carnal mind that is enmity with Yehovah. It is only the carnal mind and its manifestation that is the enemy of Yehovah. The "world" is made up of carnal minds and hence "the world" is at enmity with Yehovah. It is that world that Yeshua was not part of and remained separate from it. The battle of Yehovah is not with his Angels. It is only the carnal mind of the carnal man that is the problem and is where the attitude problem resides.

    We are told that the mind cannot focus on two things at the same time. The mind has to focus on one thing, or the other. Often, our minds are flitting between the two. The same is happening in the mind concerning those things which we know are pleasing to Yehovah and those things that are self-serving. Hence, when James writes (James 4:7) Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. By resisting the Satan that is within, the mind is focused away from self-serving and focuses on the things that be of Yehovah.

    At the time these things were first written, as in English , so in other languages, the word "psychology" did not exist. The word has been invented and we can take Wikipedia's definition
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology
    Psychology is an academic and applied discipline that involves the scientific study of mental functions and behaviors.
    The actual psychology of man has not changed from the time of Adam; only the way it is talked about and understood. Hence, we have the examples in the Bible that show us behaviours. As knowledge has increased, so the knowledge of the the human body has increased. What we describe today as a mental illness, was described then at the time of Yeshua, as a demon. Yeshua did not have to know what was happening physically. The understanding does not have to be anymore than I refer to Gremlins when there is a technical problem I do not understand. Jesus knew that whatever the sickness (the problem)was, the power of Yehovah was available to him to cure it. That was indeed "awesome" and when Jesus first received the ability to call on Yehovah's power to do anything he requested, that was when his massive temptation took place. The use of Yehovah's power to serve self was his great temptation. That is why, when in his mind the temptation to serve self (Satan) was strong, Yeshua recalled scripture to guide him. (Matt 4:10) Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    Yeshua was telling himself (the Satan within himself) the principle that he had to follow. That principle is the same principle that Yeshua learned and we can also learn from reading the scriptures (that are our Old Testament) and which to Yeshua referred to, when he summed up all the law and the prophets by the two great commandments.

    Timmy and I have agreement on a lot of things, but one thing we disagree about is the nature of Yehovah and the nature of Yeshua. I maintain they are two different natures, even though with the power given to Yeshua, he was as powerful as Yehovah. In the outworking of Yehovah's power, Yeshua does not appear to be different. However, Yeshua was given Yehovah's power. Yehovah gave Yeshua life and has given Yeshua eternal life with an immortal body. "Eternal" makes Yeshua equal with Yehovah in that one respect, but then it is the same as will be given to all those who receive eternal life. We shall become as Yehovah only in the respect of having immortality. Even Yeshua, once Yehovah's kingdom has been fully established, Yeshua hands the kingdom over to Yehovah and is subject to Yehovah. Yeshua will not have to use Yehovah's power, once all the enemies that will made Yeshua's footstool, have been defeated. There can never be total equality as long as Yeshua is subject (lesser in status and serves) to Yehovah. There is only ONE Creator, that is; Yehovah.

    Sorry, if I have ranted on. Please, if you disagree with anything I have written, then explain by giving your full reasoning. Do you side with Timmy? What is your understanding of these things?

    All the best
    David
    Last edited by David M; 03-24-2014 at 03:34 AM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tellus
    Posts
    741
    Hi again David,

    Just read my response on JING thred and it seemed harsh even to me. No apology...just a word that I will attempt to tone it down in the future.



    Reading your post to Ruby...got me wondering how you think "the satan" is inside you. From what is currenrly understood from the Bible, the idea is not fitting at all. In fact, the whole notion of possession is Biblically questionable at best. The Greek word would have been better rendered as "demonized", whether from 21st century Westernized perspective that could be (for example) identified as (supposed) possession, oppression, or evsn a case of depression...its all under the word "demonized".

    The idea of the satan beingin our own mind puts a virtual schitzophrenic or even a multiple personality spin on human mentation doesn't it?



    Now, as to whether anyone agrees with me is irrelevant.

    What is God sying is the whole matter...whether or not any of us exist at all.

    For each of us, it is needful to prove that what we say we believe God says is true is an actulity in our daily living. If this is not possible, it is no more true belief than is speculation.

    Ciao!
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-24-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    119

    yes David...good post.

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Thank you Ruby. I know you understand these things more than our adversaries on this forum. It gives me the opportunity to restate and rephrase some of the points I have been trying to get across to explain what the real enemy is. If you read the following and disagree with anything written, please let me have the benefit of your understanding and how you have reasoned these things out.

    Yehovah does not have this problem, because Yehovah cannot sin against himself. Yeshua had the same problem as we all have. Therefore, Yehovah could not have been Yeshua. Yeshua battled within his mind to overcome the Satan that was within him and he did so successfully. Satan, or the Devil (even the Serpent in the Garden) was not defeated in Yeshua, until Yeshua died on the cross and Yehovah raised him to eternal life and given him an immortal and incorruptible body. With the body that Yeshua has now, he cannot be tempted by the Satan, because there is no Satan within him. The mind of Christ, as the apostle Paul speaks of, is the mind that we have to develop (though we fail to do so completely). We have all failed in that we all have sinned at least once. In that we have sinned once, in the smallest way, we are guilty, as if we had sinned in every way (all).

    The apostle Paul was struggling with the Satan that was in him. The Satan is self-serving and I now coin the acronym; the SSS (the Self-Serving Satan). Let's see the struggle Paul had (we have to read the whole of Romans 7 to fully appreciate what Paul is telling (teaching) us. However, here is a snippet;
    (Rom 7:21) I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    The way Paul writes, is not the most easy to understand, nevertheless, what Paul writes is true. The point is made that the battle is within and involves our mind and even the signals our brain receives from the members of our body. So we see that Paul is describing his personal battle. It was a battle everyone has lost, except Yeshua.

    Concerning the "members of the body", could Paul be referring to say the sexual urge? The genital organs when stimulated are responded to in the brain. It is how the brain responds, that matters. Satisfying the sexual urge is not necessarily a sin. Sex in the confines of marriage, is not a sin, but when it is done in adultery, it becomes sin.

    Hence in Romans chapter 8, Paul goes on to explain that it is the carnal mind that is enmity with Yehovah. It is only the carnal mind and its manifestation that is the enemy of Yehovah. The "world" is made up of carnal minds and hence "the world" is at enmity with Yehovah. It is that world that Yeshua was not part of and remained separate from it. The battle of Yehovah is not with his Angels. It is only the carnal mind of the carnal man that is the problem and is where the attitude problem resides.

    We are told that the mind cannot focus on two things at the same time. The mind has to focus on one thing, or the other. Often, our minds are flitting between the two. The same is happening in the mind concerning those things which we know are pleasing to Yehovah and those things that are self-serving. Hence, when James writes (James 4:7) Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. By resisting the Satan that is within, the mind is focused away from self-serving and focuses on the things that be of Yehovah.

    At the time these things were first written, as in English , so in other languages, the word "psychology" did not exist. The word has been invented and we can take Wikipedia's definition

    The actual psychology of man has not changed from the time of Adam; only the way it is talked about and understood. Hence, we have the examples in the Bible that show us behaviours. As knowledge has increased, so the knowledge of the the human body has increased. What we describe today as a mental illness, was described then at the time of Yeshua, as a demon. Yeshua did not have to know what was happening physically. The understanding does not have to be anymore than I refer to Gremlins when there is a technical problem I do not understand. Jesus knew that whatever the sickness (the problem)was, the power of Yehovah was available to him to cure it. That was indeed "awesome" and when Jesus first received the ability to call on Yehovah's power to do anything he requested, that was when his massive temptation took place. The use of Yehovah's power to serve self was his great temptation. That is why, when in his mind the temptation to serve self (Satan) was strong, Yeshua recalled scripture to guide him. (Matt 4:10) Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    Yeshua was telling himself (the Satan within himself) the principle that he had to follow. That principle is the same principle that Yeshua learned and we can also learn from reading the scriptures (that are our Old Testament) and which to Yeshua referred to, when he summed up all the law and the prophets by the two great commandments.

    Timmy and I have agreement on a lot of things, but one thing we disagree about is the nature of Yehovah and the nature of Yeshua. I maintain they are two different natures, even though with the power given to Yeshua, he was as powerful as Yehovah. In the outworking of Yehovah's power, Yeshua does not appear to be different. However, Yeshua was given Yehovah's power. Yehovah gave Yeshua life and has given Yeshua eternal life with an immortal body. "Eternal" makes Yeshua equal with Yehovah in that one respect, but then it is the same as will be given to all those who receive eternal life. We shall become as Yehovah only in the respect of having immortality. Even Yeshua, once Yehovah's kingdom has been fully established, Yeshua hands the kingdom over to Yehovah and is subject to Yehovah. Yeshua will not have to use Yehovah's power, once all the enemies that will made Yeshua's footstool, have been defeated. There can never be total equality as long as Yeshua is subject (lesser in status and serves) to Yehovah. There is only ONE Creator, that is; Yehovah.

    Sorry, if I have ranted on. Please, if you disagree with anything I have written, then explain by giving your full reasoning. Do you side with Timmy? What is your understanding of these things?

    All the best
    David

    yes, David, correct.
    as u have posted - it is all very biblical to me and well explained .

    I think, the point most miss David, is the fact that ''CHRIST'' IS NOT Jesus 2nd name but a VERB - description of THE SPIRITUAL POWER or
    the CHRIST POWER ANOINTING.
    IE= the divine ABILITY to withstand the realm of vanity and its seduction.
    to stand against the tree of the knowledge of good and evil - and have the wisdom to eat from the tree of life.

    however....
    Jesus was tempted and suffered we are told -
    what?
    the same problems we all face, [the whole range of human conditions here in vanity,] yet overcame them.

    the real question to ask is HOW DID HE OVERCOME....[ a man of sorrows aquainted with grief]
    how?
    how did Jesus do it?

    by HIS ATTITUDE.
    So what was His attitude to his problems, his sorrow, his griefs, his suffering.

    Jesus learnt how to use Wisdom and He WOULD NOT ALLOW the rule of vanity here on earth, to DICTATE to Him it's will and values and those all those unsound beliefs that cause death and destruction to all men.
    [in a nut shell Jesus REFUSED to listen to His carnal minded logic.]
    He deprogrammed Himself from wrong knowledge.

    The sad fact is -all men, except for a few, revert back to carnal minded logic and perish.
    they turn back, Jesus did not.
    THE WARNING IS = DONT TURN BACK, Mrs Lot.

    So~~~ what He DAILY heard from His Father and the DAILY advice He received and also read from the OT scriptures was how He lived here and became as He is.
    To Him, this information was the truth and He lived there IN the realm of the kingdom truth to become BEGOTTEN to the TRUTH.

    This is a pattern of the refining process to put back God in Man, + now to be made visible here on earth.
    This process is called ''Begotten of God''
    [ after all we are firstly spiritual being having a human experience.]

    YES, the carnal MIND IS THE KILLER and an enemy and is the man of sin.

    Unless we walk INside the instruction of the Gospel, we are dead men.
    why?
    its the gospel that abolishes death
    how?
    The Gospel is the Goodnews and the core teaching Jesus had written down for His people, to believe in and put it into practice today.

    This word obeyed removes sin and the unsound mind of human logic and converts a person back into the Kingdom of God and the practicing is for the born again person, and the goodnews that fell upon the good ground.

    Ofcourse, this walk for all disciples is a faith walk, and by practicing His good advice, faith is established and miracles and answered prayers happen - as Life abundant flows in - see John 10 v 10 and the mission declared.

    it is NO good listening to others, who preach differently than the gospel which is very easy to understand if you have a heart of a little child.
    it is NO good listening to religious/church human logic, for it is dead men walking logic.

    Ofcourse, everywhere there is adversaries to the Gospel and its redeeming power, hating it's LIFE ENERGY that kills off evil and makes death flee.
    that is all ''part of the test'' - to prove our adversaries wrong and see him resisted.

    How?
    by living and dwelling here in the Kingdom of God and by allowing Father to be made visible IN us as He is in Jesus.

    Jesus had John the Apostle write to THE OVERCOMERS, and their rewards for overcoming all death zone values found here.
    notice - the WORD of their testimony overcame satan.

    HOW?

    These overcomers, did as Jesus did and would not be intimidated any more by vanity, nor the hissing death whispers of satan and his unsound mind games.

    do not listen to those who have ''an attitude'' - their real problem is their attitude showing just how dead they really declare themselves to be.

    updated.
    one thing seldom asked is ''why? do we have to be born again'' - for what purpose?

    Nicodemus, the ruler of the Jews under the law of Moses - was told '' ye must be Born again''
    This man, well aquainted with the law of Moses and all of its requirements.
    but this was NOT enough to stop the man of sin within from its destructive path that kills.
    no THE CARNAL MIND was still in control under the law of Moses and subjected to vanity and all its lost causes.

    to be born again, means human logic ceases and divine wisdom implanted.
    KINGDOM WISDOM and its values take 1st place.
    It doesnt matter how smart or intelligent you appear to be in vanity the dividing line comes - as a judgment ON HOW EASY IT IS TO DEFEAT YOUR ENEMIES, inc your last enemy death itself - and that is the gob stopper.
    Last edited by RubyPeragickqlin; 03-24-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: updated
    Why not begin today........

    your eternal journey into the

    most amazing treasures of

    The Saviour's perfect Wisdom

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Hello Timmy
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Hi again David,

    Just read my response on JING thred and it seemed harsh even to me. No apology...just a word that I will attempt to tone it down in the future.
    With respect to one particular reply, it is good of you to acknowledge that. I think we can all surprise ourselves with what we say sometimes. Once we have stepped away for a while and then come back to read our posts with a fresh pair of eyes and thinking, we might wish we had said things a little differently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Reading your post to Ruby...got me wondering how you think "the satan" is inside you. From what is currenrly understood from the Bible, the idea is not fitting at all. In fact, the whole notion of possession is Biblically questionable at best. The Greek word would have been better rendered as "demonized", whether from 21st century Westernized perspective that could be (for example) identified as (supposed) possession, oppression, or evsn a case of depression...its all under the word "demonized".

    The idea of the satan beingin our own mind puts a virtual schitzophrenic or even a multiple personality spin on human mentation doesn't it?
    The phrase that comes to mind is "paradigm shift". I know you want me to see things your way and I can only do that when you present lots of facts that cannot be challenged. I do not expect you to change your point of view, if I am not able to answer your questions, or challenge the statements you make. Likewise, if you have an answer to my questions, you are not likely to switch your thinking.

    As for satan, or the Satan, we know from reading the Bible, the word "satan" is used in a number of ways. One of the most well-known uses is where Jesus accuses Peter of being (a) Satan. We do not immediately regard Peter as the rebellious divine Angel that Satan is generally taught to be by mainstream christian churches. As I have said before and others have said, we have to see the context in order to understand the intended meaning of a word that can have many meanings.

    The one way of regarding satan, which I heard recently, is that satan represents an office. Just as someone is made a chairman, or a managing director, the title is associated with an office (a role). That means different people can have the same office. In the Book of Job, even God takes on the office of Satan. In the 6-part video series - 'An exposition of the Book of Job' by Mr John Pople, which I highly recommend, he summarizes the whole universe with the following graphic in which there are two beings and three parts. This is primarily showing the relationship between man and God. Attachment 1081

    Thinking of Peter again, we are not told that satan entered him, yet Jesus called him satan. On the other hand, the actions of Judas are described as satan entering him (Luke 22:3);Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, When we look at the temptation of Jesus we are told (Matthew 4:1);Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. Are we agreed that the Devil and Satan are one of the same? (Rev 12:9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan,

    Either the words "satan" and "devil" are interchangeable, or one or the other words is used in particular circumstance. As with the temptation of Jesus, satan, or the devil is portrayed as a spirit being talking in the ear of a person. I just see this as personification. I do not see any difference between whether I have heard someone say something that has entered my head through hearing by my ears, or whether my thoughts are generated purely in my own mind. Either way, the mind is carrying out a silent conversation inside our heads. Whatever, mental image we have of what is going on, the battle for Jesus was going on inside his head. We all have these battles. "Should I , or shouldn't I"? That is the choice we make. In the case of Jesus, his choice was between serving God or serving self with the power that God had granted him. In this case, Jesus is having adversarial thoughts. Peter's thoughts, though good-intentioned, were adversarial to the purpose of God and Jesus. In Peter's case, we can see how Peter has taken on the office (role) of a satan, purely by the what he thought Jesus should do. With Jesus, we do not see him in the role (office) of satan, but the role is inside Jesus's head. Jesus was not schizophrenic, but there was a conversation between two sides going on inside his mind.

    Jesus had a decision to make. Before Jesus was given the Holy Spirit, by which I see as Jesus being given access to God's power, Jesus had no decision to make. It was only when he realized that the gift of God's Holy Spirit had been given him, he had thoughts of what he could do with God's power. We can hold a conversation with ourselves inside our minds, and we can manifest our thoughts by writing then down on paper, or carrying them out. Un the case of Jobs envious friends, God empowers those thoughts whereby God takes on the office of Satan in order to test Job.

    We can all be tasked with having to produce a list of opposites; for example; pros vs cons; good deeds vs evil deeds, etc,. In a brainstorming session where we express different thoughts, where to those thoughts come from? Are not our thoughts derived from accumulated knowledge and experience?

    It is possible to have the most evil thoughts, but that does not mean we would ever carry them out. Some people carry out evil thoughts and so their thoughts are manifested by their actions. Evil thoughts can lead to evil actions, unless we have a form of self-control. Self-control comes from within. Without self-control, we are free to do anything we want to do. How do you easily explain the process of self=control? What influences you to have self-control? Is it something you have heard said, or read? Both those sources of information end up as memories inside our mind which we recall. Jesus recalled the scriptures prefacing those scriptures with the words; "it is written ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Now, as to whether anyone agrees with me is irrelevant.

    What is God sying is the whole matter...whether or not any of us exist at all.
    You and I exist because we can both say; "I am". We have a consciousness that makes us self-aware. We are not eternal creatures in our present state, therefore "I am" is a temporary experience until we die. That does not have to be the end. We are told there is no consciousness in the grave. We have to have faith that God will raise us from the dead and give us life again according to our spirit (however defined) that has been preserved. That is my simple understanding based on what Jesus said in his last dying words; "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit".

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    For each of us, it is needful to prove that what we say we believe God says is true is an actulity in our daily living. If this is not possible, it is no more true belief than is speculation.
    If we live according to the beatitudes as listed in Matthew 5, that ought to put us in a right relationship with God. Our conversation on this forum might just appear an academic exercise, but it can still produce some good fruit. By our conversation and by the life we lead, we shall be known. We can both agree on what the following means;
    Matthew 7
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.


    All the best
    David

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Thank you Ruby, I am enjoying your thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPeragickqlin View Post
    yes, David, correct.
    as u have posted - it is all very biblical to me and well explained .

    I think, the point most miss David, is the fact that ''CHRIST'' IS NOT Jesus 2nd name but a VERB - description of THE SPIRITUAL POWER or
    the CHRIST POWER ANOINTING.
    IE= the divine ABILITY to withstand the realm of vanity and its seduction.
    to stand against the tree of the knowledge of good and evil - and have the wisdom to eat from the tree of life.
    That is correct. Even the KJV has the name Jesus Christ. Even if I stick with the Greek nickname of Jesus, I generally say; "Jesus; the Christ".

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPeragickqlin View Post
    however....
    Jesus was tempted and suffered we are told -
    what?
    the same problems we all face, [the whole range of human conditions here in vanity,] yet overcame them.
    Agree totally. We are told (Heb 4:15); Jesus was tempted in all points like as we are, yet without sin
    (Heb 5:8) Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
    Vanity is a good point. I always bring to mind Ecclesiastes in which the following phrase is repeated; all is vanity and vexation of spirit.


    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPeragickqlin View Post
    the real question to ask is HOW DID HE OVERCOME....[ a man of sorrows aquainted with grief]
    how?
    how did Jesus do it?

    by HIS ATTITUDE.
    So what was His attitude to his problems, his sorrow, his griefs, his suffering.

    Jesus learnt how to use Wisdom and He WOULD NOT ALLOW the rule of vanity here on earth, to DICTATE to Him it's will and values and those all those unsound beliefs that cause death and destruction to all men.
    [in a nut shell Jesus REFUSED to listen to His carnal minded logic.]
    He deprogrammed Himself from wrong knowledge.
    Deprogramming is a good point. The way I view this is that we must do things repeatedly until they become habit. If those habits are in us from the beginning it is good, but those in whom they are not innate have to be trained. "Resist the devil and it will flee from you" is the process of resisting evil habits and replacing with good habits.

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPeragickqlin View Post
    The sad fact is -all men, except for a few, revert back to carnal minded logic and perish.
    they turn back, Jesus did not.
    THE WARNING IS = DONT TURN BACK, Mrs Lot.
    Also Jesus taught in his parable; (Luke 9:62)No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. You have given me one of the criteria by which "few will be saved". Neither Richard, nor L67 will give me what the criteria are.

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPeragickqlin View Post
    So~~~ what He DAILY heard from His Father and the DAILY advice He received and also read from the OT scriptures was how He lived here and became as He is.
    To Him, this information was the truth and He lived there IN the realm of the kingdom truth to become BEGOTTEN to the TRUTH.
    Jesus was the embodiment of the Word. That is not to say Jesus was the word that was spoken by God at the beginning. Jesus did say to his disciples; (John 15:15) but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you..

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPeragickqlin View Post
    This is a pattern of the refining process to put back God in Man, + now to be made visible here on earth.
    This process is called ''Begotten of God''
    [ after all we are firstly spiritual being having a human experience.]
    Ultimately (1 Cor 15:28); that God may be all in all.

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPeragickqlin View Post
    YES, the carnal MIND IS THE KILLER and an enemy and is the man of sin.

    Unless we walk INside the instruction of the Gospel, we are dead men.
    why?
    its the gospel that abolishes death
    how?
    The Gospel is the Goodnews and the core teaching Jesus had written down for His people, to believe in and put it into practice today.

    This word obeyed removes sin and the unsound mind of human logic and converts a person back into the Kingdom of God and the practicing is for the born again person, and the goodnews that fell upon the good ground.

    Ofcourse, this walk for all disciples is a faith walk, and by practicing His good advice, faith is established and miracles and answered prayers happen - as Life abundant flows in - see John 10 v 10 and the mission declared.

    it is NO good listening to others, who preach differently than the gospel which is very easy to understand if you have a heart of a little child.
    it is NO good listening to religious/church human logic, for it is dead men walking logic.

    Ofcourse, everywhere there is adversaries to the Gospel and its redeeming power, hating it's LIFE ENERGY that kills off evil and makes death flee.
    that is all ''part of the test'' - to prove our adversaries wrong and see him resisted.

    How?
    by living and dwelling here in the Kingdom of God and by allowing Father to be made visible IN us as He is in Jesus.

    Jesus had John the Apostle write to THE OVERCOMERS, and their rewards for overcoming all death zone values found here.
    notice - the WORD of their testimony overcame satan.

    HOW?

    These overcomers, did as Jesus did and would not be intimidated any more by vanity, nor the hissing death whispers of satan and his unsound mind games.

    do not listen to those who have ''an attitude'' - their real problem is their attitude showing just how dead they really declare themselves to be.
    Well said, I think 1 John 4:3-6 sums up a lot of what you have written.
    (1 John 4)
    3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
    4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
    5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
    6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.


    All the best

    David

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    119

    there is truth/there is the *Spirit* of truth

    thank you David for your reply.


    The Bible is not a Library book but living words, full of divine energy and waves of power that Bring eternal life to all who understand how to rightly divide these words by the unction of the Spirit of Truth.
    [by rightly dividing this word, removes the power of the dead letter]

    This very Spirit shall resurrect a born again believer out from their pit of death [in vanity] and into the Kingdom of His Dear Son = called passover from death to life. This happens as a reality experience, here and today as we hear His voice. i.e a progress from moving from glory to glory.
    therefore,
    there would have to be evidence as a witness that you actually were Born Again from Above and this witness would relate to you personally its Kingdom wisdom on How to Defeat your enemies inc. the last enemy death- here
    - why?
    to allow NT salvation to bear witness as a testimony of our salvation.[to set the captive free]

    NT salvation is not dying and going to heaven
    - it is dying to the man of sin within by putting this cursed interferring mind game evil to death on the cross daily and being fully delivered from carnal values and its destroying mind games.

    a believer has choices
    To act as Jesus did by example in the Gospels
    or
    Act like the carnal man he really is and remain flawed and dead in sin.

    the problem is fully solved, when we are converted to act like Jesus in all situations.
    few do this
    few find eternal life.
    why is this so?
    Most people are not prepared to die to sin within and follow The Lamb, so they perish as each man does what is right in his own eyes.

    To act and believe as The Saviour of the world did, takes conversion of a person and this means- to die to their own flawed opinions. logic and reasoning, and disregard everything they ever learnt from vanity and especially religious babylon that is described as a whore.
    The Spirit of Truth gives discernment to all believers, so they understand false doctrines and false professors.
    The Spirit of Truth, reveals the manna from the Tree of Life and this Manna is hidden from those who are perishing.

    It is not in our best interests to admire, listen to, rely upon the opinions of perishing people.
    The divine opinion/belief/moral fitness, can only be learnt by walking the same narrow way, as the Messiah and then follow His example of acting and believing.

    NO other way shall work.
    Last edited by RubyPeragickqlin; 03-24-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    Why not begin today........

    your eternal journey into the

    most amazing treasures of

    The Saviour's perfect Wisdom

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •