Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    What does it mean to "believe" a book if you don't know what it means?

Believers are funny when it comes to the Bible. For example, this video shows a guy saying that he would accept and believe that 2 + 2 = 5 is that's what the Bible says. Take a look for yourself. It would be interesting to know what you think of what these believers say about their belief in the Bible.

So Dux, what do you think of the views shared by these believers? Does it make sense to say that you would believe 2 + 2 = 5 if the Bible said so?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Back in the day when I was a "blood-bought born-again bible-believing non-denominational Trinitarian Christian" I had friends who "spoke in tongues" and I wanted that gift too. So we prayed and prayed for a few hours but nothing ever happened. I watched others babble and usually it sounded like meaningless babble, though there were a few times it sounded like they had tapped into some part of the global mind and were transmitting some sort of language. But that was pretty rare, and it never happened to me no matter how much I prayed. And looking at most Pentecostal services, they look like pure delusional. For example, look at these fools pretending to be physically drunk "in the spirit" - it's totally ludicrous.

And then there's these leaders who told jokes to each other "in tongues" -

These videos reveal the fundamentally delusional nature of the Pentecostal religion.
    Hi Richard:

Agreed! I trump it up to some sort of delusional mental hypnotic state.

Namaste,

Mystykal
    Mystykal

Once Again...who are these people?

So Dux, what do you think of the views shared by these believers? Does it make sense to say that you would believe 2 + 2 = 5 if the Bible said so?
    These "Believers" are not real students of life.... I find it incredibly stupid to somehow lump all Christians together in one pot with people like this... It is true that faith is the key which must be used to unlock the power in the Word - blind belief is silly if it does not contain any power to change the world. The proof is in the pudding! These people do NOT speak for most Christians! I find their logic very off the mark. But then again... I am sure my faith and belief is not accepted by those who have no belief in GOD or faith in a system they cannot touch or feel.

Namaste,

Mystykal
    Mystykal

Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    Hi Richard:

Agreed! I trump it up to some sort of delusional mental hypnotic state.

Namaste,

Mystykal
    Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it. Glad we found a point of agreement.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Sorry you turned this to a mockery of Scripture, and about the "foolishness" of young people everywhere, in all walks of life. 1Cor1:25 .."The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men". And those who partake of the NEW WINE aren't exempt from being ridiculed by fools. Amen?

Back to topic--the connection? between the ancient physical Babylon and the current Spiritual Babylon.. and has there ever been a time when so many ex-presidents or monarchs have been living at the same time? Like maybe in Ethiopia or..
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Sorry you turned this to a mockery of Scripture, and about the "foolishness" of young people everywhere, in all walks of life. 1Cor1:25 .."The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men". And those who partake of the NEW WINE aren't exempt from being ridiculed by fools. Amen?
    Are you saying that those believers are mocking the Bible when they say they'd believe it even if it said that 2 + 2 = 5?

Back to topic--the connection? between the ancient physical Babylon and the current Spiritual Babylon.. and has there ever been a time when so many ex-presidents or monarchs have been living at the same time? Like maybe in Ethiopia or..
    Why do you think it is significant that there are many ex-presidents and monarchs living? What does that have to do with anything?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Mystykal View Post
    These "Believers" are not real students of life.... I find it incredibly stupid to somehow lump all Christians together in one pot with people like this... It is true that faith is the key which must be used to unlock the power in the Word - blind belief is silly if it does not contain any power to change the world. The proof is in the pudding! These people do NOT speak for most Christians! I find their logic very off the mark. But then again... I am sure my faith and belief is not accepted by those who have no belief in GOD or faith in a system they cannot touch or feel.

Namaste,

Mystykal
    I don't lump all believers together in one pot. They are a very diverse group, just like any group. The video was about those beleivers who grouped themselves together under the assumption that their interpretation of the Bible is literally true.

You say "blind belief is silly if it does not contain any power to change the world" and I agree. That's why I say all blind faith is silly. So why does it appear to work once in a while? First and foremost, that's an illusion caused by selection bias. But another reason is because it infuses a person with confidence, and a little confidence goes a long way towards making things happen. But that doesn't suggest there is anything true about the particular beliefs that gave a person confidence.

Check out my blog site

Are you saying that those believers are mocking the Bible when they say they'd believe it even if it said that 2 + 2 = 5?
    Why do you think it is significant that there are many ex-presidents and monarchs living? What does that have to do with anything?
    2 what, plus 2 what? hah. That reminds me or the acrostic-22, and how some people switch from apples to oranges w/o blinking an eye.

But NO, I expect the kids were sincere; it's the present company doing the mocking..

As for the "fallen kings" (retired, maybe), it may come as surprise to some how Daniel was a President, and some of the ill-informed may have confused Baghdad with Babylon, or didn't know Iraq figured. Silly me, to think I'd be getting any crumbs of info here!
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

2 what, plus 2 what? hah. That reminds me or the acrostic-22, and how some people switch from apples to oranges w/o blinking an eye.
    He seemed perfectly clear to me. The question of "2 what" is obviously not relevant to the point he was making.

I get the impression you don't understand the cause of their delusion. If you saw Muslims and Mormons saying the same thing about their beliefs, what would you think?

But NO, I expect the kids were sincere; it's the present company doing the mocking..
    Don't you think some things, such as saying 2 + 2 = 5, deserve to be mocked? Don't you see how they are making a mockery of your faith by making believers look utterly deluded, nuts, and insane?

As for the "fallen kings" (retired, maybe), it may come as surprise to some how Daniel was a President, and some of the ill-informed may have confused Baghdad with Babylon, or didn't know Iraq figured. Silly me, to think I'd be getting any crumbs of info here!
    Crumbs of info? Is that all your god supplies? He makes his followers guess about what he really meant, and made his book so confused that the most sincere believers cannot agree? You believe that God withheld the truth and tossed out only "crumbs" that only give hints that lead to error piled upon error and cause his people to look like deluded fools who have been proclaiming falsehood - Jesus is coming soon! - for two thousand years?

Check out my blog site

A Bone for the Dogs
    The Children's Bread shouldn't go to the dogs! So a Bone-of-Contention's been thrown..
    Religious factions all over the world are claiming it now for their own.
    The Gentiles are fighting over the bone, and from place to place it gets carried,
    but they haven't got all the meat off this bone, and it's a bone that won't stay buried!

Notabout crumbs, just going for the meat.. His disciples held out for 3 years and he explained
    that the Holy Spirit would lead them..

Thread Information