Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seven (7) Kings..

In March of 2003 historical Babylon was under seige by American forces in Iraq, while Bush#43 was President of the U.S. At that time, before the death of Reagan, there were six (6) living presidents; Ford#38, Carter, Reagan, Bush#41, Clinton, Bush#43.

Rev17:10 "And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition".

Ezek27:35 "All the inhabitants of the isles shall be astonished at thee, and their kings shall be sore afraid, they shall be troubled in their countenance". (Satan-Tyrus context)

So, at that time, (March '03), five presidents were still living, and Bush#43 was Prez because Obama hadn't yet been voted in. Both LBJ(36) and Nixon(37) had two daughters, as did Bush#43 and Obama.

Now "Babylon on the Tigris" is being compared to "Babylon on the Hudson" -- isn't that a stretch ??
    Last edited by duxrow; 02-15-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    In March of 2003 historical Babylon was under seige by American forces in Iraq, while Bush#43 was President of the U.S. At that time, before the death of Reagan, there were six (6) living presidents; Ford#38, Carter, Reagan, Bush#41, Clinton, Bush#43.

Rev17:10 "And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition".

Ezek27:35 "All the inhabitants of the isles shall be astonished at thee, and their kings shall be sore afraid, they shall be troubled in their countenance". (Satan-Tyrus context)

So, at that time, (March '03), five presidents were still living, and Bush#43 was Prez because Obama hadn't yet been voted in. Both LBJ(36) and Nixon(38) had two daughters, as did Bush#43 and Obama.

Now "Babylon on the Tigris" is being compared to "Babylon on the Hudson" -- isn't that a stretch ??
    How is your interpretation any different than the thousands of others that have come and gone during the last two thousand years?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Interpretation? Sorry, Ram, wasn't meaning to do any of that -- just thought the connection between the 7 kings and U.S. presidents was extraordinary, along with the timing to ancient Babylon.

No problem for those who don't take the Bible seriously. hah.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Interpretation? Sorry, Ram, wasn't meaning to do any of that -- just thought the connection between the 7 kings and U.S. presidents was extraordinary, along with the timing to ancient Babylon.

No problem for those who don't take the Bible seriously. hah.
    I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. I thought you were implying that there was some sort of meaning in what you wrote. Are you now saying that you are just noting random coincidences that have no meaning? Or are you interpreting them as having meaning? And if so, what is your interpretation?
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

No Richard, I don't know what, if anything, those things mean, but I DO believe the Bible, that it was authored by the Holy Ghostwriter rather than a 'camel committee', and I do believe its possible for me to learn something from others. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case here...

No Richard, I don't know what, if anything, those things mean, but I DO believe the Bible, that it was authored by the Holy Ghostwriter rather than a 'camel committee', and I do believe its possible for me to learn something from others. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case here...
    What does it mean to "believe" a book if you don't know what it means?

Believers are funny when it comes to the Bible. For example, this video shows a guy saying that he would accept and believe that 2 + 2 = 5 is that's what the Bible says. Take a look for yourself. It would be interesting to know what you think of what these believers say about their belief in the Bible.

Check out my blog site

Our God is incredibly diverse, and so are WE -- takes all kinds, I'm sure you've heard, and isn't it wonderful we have so many different interests and POV's.

I can't speak for how some don't agree with me (like YOU, for instance), but once upon a time I had severe doubts about the Bible, which is why I know that a word fitly spoken might resonate with someone who is 'wondering'.

Just hope the guests on this forum are listening!

Our God is incredibly diverse, and so are WE -- takes all kinds, I'm sure you've heard, and isn't it wonderful we have so many different interests and POV's.

I can't speak for how some don't agree with me (like YOU, for instance), but once upon a time I had severe doubts about the Bible, which is why I know that a word fitly spoken might resonate with someone who is 'wondering'.

Just hope the guests on this forum are listening!
    Yeah, I delight in diversity! Glad you enjoy it too.

It would be interesting to know how you overcame your doubts about the Bible. My integrity left me no choice but to reject it.

Check out my blog site

Well, Ram, I had gotten to where I tuned out on any Bible-talk, but then
    my baby daughter "apple of my eye", married an Annapolis grad who was also a pentacostal. So I listened and studied and "spoke with other tongues" and the Holy Ghost began leading me into many of the truths and understandings that I've shared on this forum.

Didn't exactly happen overnight, but right after I "spoke", I began avidly reading the Bible all over again--this time seeing many things differently (like the 2 thieves & 2 malefactors) -- it may not be the same for anyone else, but the DIVERSITY continues to play a part, imo.

Well, Ram, I had gotten to where I tuned out on any Bible-talk, but then
    my baby daughter "apple of my eye", married an Annapolis grad who was also a pentacostal. So I listened and studied and "spoke with other tongues" and the Holy Ghost began leading me into many of the truths and understandings that I've shared on this forum.

Didn't exactly happen overnight, but right after I "spoke", I began avidly reading the Bible all over again--this time seeing many things differently (like the 2 thieves & 2 malefactors) -- it may not be the same for anyone else, but the DIVERSITY continues to play a part, imo.
    Back in the day when I was a "blood-bought born-again bible-believing non-denominational Trinitarian Christian" I had friends who "spoke in tongues" and I wanted that gift too. So we prayed and prayed for a few hours but nothing ever happened. I watched others babble and usually it sounded like meaningless babble, though there were a few times it sounded like they had tapped into some part of the global mind and were transmitting some sort of language. But that was pretty rare, and it never happened to me no matter how much I prayed. And looking at most Pentecostal services, they look like pure delusional. For example, look at these fools pretending to be physically drunk "in the spirit" - it's totally ludicrous.

And then there's these leaders who told jokes to each other "in tongues" -

These videos reveal the fundamentally delusional nature of the Pentecostal religion.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information